• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[Town victory] Vanilla Mafia!

AbraPunk

Cosmic Guardian
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. luxio
"You're seeing someone else and then you went ahead and eloped with that poor young lady!" Mike put his fists to his hips. "Now that's evil!"

He didn't understand what half of this weirdo's slang meant. "Wait, are you saying..." He paused briefly as the dots connected. "Ugh! Hell no! I haven't done anything like that!"

If Mike was talking about... physical intimacy, then, well... Kent hated that crap. Absolutely detested the thought of it.

Homestar!

Mikeposter/Galaxy-Brainer
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. nidoqueen
If Mike was talking about... physical intimacy, then, well... Kent hated that crap. Absolutely detested the thought of it.
"Kabuterimon, I can see why you're not a fan of this 'game,'" Mike chuckled. "Ahh, it's no fun to pick on someone who doesn't get half of what you're saying. Sorry, little fella."

AbraPunk

Cosmic Guardian
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. luxio
Kabuterimon

"I'm not a damn bug." He growled through gritted teeth.

Clearly, this situation wouldn't be worth entertaining anymore.

So, as was tradition by this point, he shut himself inside that cube of his. This time, though, it seemed to have spikes on it. Just to make sure nobody tried messing with it.

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
[[Sorry, maybe I'm slow but I'm not sure what it is you're applying the Monty Hall problem to here?]]
[[I might be extremely off-base, but I thiiiiink that Porygon-Z has a slightly above average chance of being Vanilla now that we've removed a lot of power roles as options, with no obvious gaps. It's hard to say without knowing the actual ratio of vanilla to nonvanilla. Also it's worth noting that we've also removed some of the vanillas as options as well. Ferry and Reme are guaranteed Vanilla, for example. I believe Wes's hint that there were only two Rolecops, and there's no way in hell there were two Cops. Three docs is a maaaaybe but I still doubt it.]]

[[This is an interesting point. Unsure what to make of it. Hrmmm. Simplest explanation is probably that Goat is lying? Or else like, one of the mafia is bulletproof? Maybe I'm missing something obvious bit.]]
Ebony tilted her head. "Huh? No, I think it's simpler if the Ninetales isn't lying! I mean, she still could be. But I was already leaning toward the bad guys having one more power anyway! The only case where she's ultra-definitely lying is the one where there's no more secret powers! But I don't think that's very likely at all!"

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
[[Huh. I'm looking back over my notes on D2 and:

- Tetra points out lovers can talk to each other and considers this proof Persephone and Sinderella really are lovers because they know this (although Shiny Phantump also points out lovers can talk out of thread)
[...]
- Sinderella considers Tetra knowing lovers talk is specifically at night to be proof of Tetra/Abra being lovers

I guess I misremembered the sequence of how this went? If Persephone and Sinderella only mentioned being able to talk, and then Tetra mentioned being able to talk specifically at night, Sinderella could have gone "oh, yeah, since you knew it's night only, you're golden", without having actually known that beforehand? Granted, this is just off my notes, maybe they did in fact indicate this in the actual thread. Too tired to check right now.]]

Homestar!

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. nidoqueen
So, as was tradition by this point, he shut himself inside that cube of his. This time, though, it seemed to have spikes on it. Just to make sure nobody tried messing with it.
Mike was thrilled to find all of the lovely structural supports adorning the cube today. The idea to completely encase it within a sand castle almost prompted him to action, until he remembered that there was at least one canid here who would attempt to plow through it. And that was the last thing he wanted to happen.

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[Huh. I'm looking back over my notes on D2 and:

- Tetra points out lovers can talk to each other and considers this proof Persephone and Sinderella really are lovers because they know this (although Shiny Phantump also points out lovers can talk out of thread)
[...]
- Sinderella considers Tetra knowing lovers talk is specifically at night to be proof of Tetra/Abra being lovers

I guess I misremembered the sequence of how this went? If Persephone and Sinderella only mentioned being able to talk, and then Tetra mentioned being able to talk specifically at night, Sinderella could have gone "oh, yeah, since you knew it's night only, you're golden", without having actually known that beforehand? Granted, this is just off my notes, maybe they did in fact indicate this in the actual thread. Too tired to check right now.]]
[[A good question, and I don't remember if I linked the post in my huge breakdown earlier today, but Persephone explicitly mentioned discussing their thoughts with Sind the night before and talking out of thread like that would otherwise be illegal.]]

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Ebony tilted her head. "Huh? No, I think it's simpler if the Ninetales isn't lying! I mean, she still could be. But I was already leaning toward the bad guys having one more power anyway! The only case where she's ultra-definitely lying is the one where there's no more secret powers! But I don't think that's very likely at all!"
[[OHHH wait juggernaut is also a role I forgot

Yeah never mind, simplest explanation is the mafia have one of those, given it was in the role list to start with. I thought from the way you presented it that you were making a point about how there weren't any roles left to be in that slot and tired brain was like "hmm, yeah, checks out"]]

Homestar!

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. nidoqueen
[[I remember this sequence, too. It's exactly why I can't let the "Gee Billy, your DM let you have TWO lovers?" thing slide. It looked like a totally open-and-shut Mafia slip-up to me, then it got corroborated.]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[ A final note: Tomorrow is a moving day for me. Do not expect activity. But I have told Sind my general thoughts and they can speak for me if needed. ]]
@Dragonfree
So everyone has for reference. The only way Sind could share thoughts with Perspe (since out of thread talk is supposed to be illegal) is if they could nighttalk.

Unless I'm missing something?
We all got our roles partway into the game and wouldn't have been able to pregame discuss

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
[[A good question, and I don't remember if I linked the post in my huge breakdown earlier today, but Persephone explicitly mentioned discussing their thoughts with Sind the night before and talking out of thread like that would otherwise be illegal.]]
[[I think you mistake my point - I know that they did discuss talking out of thread during the night. However, it seems they weren't the ones who specified that it could only happen at night, so they could simply have been aware that lovers can often talk out of thread, without necessarily being lovers.

I originally figured the thing that clinched it was that they knew not only that lovers could talk out of thread but also that they could only do it at night, but turns out it wasn't them that originally brought that up, it was you. At least as I'm understanding how it went from my notes.]]

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
[[Putting in my vote for Bart/Equi despite the fact they seemed super Town today, but it could totally just be a last ditch effort to get the vote turned. The nail is pretty much in the coffin for me with them, with the wonky voting patterns and the weird shoehorning of logic. The fact that they’re suddenly not being sus when their head’s on the chopping block just…does it for me.]]

Homestar!

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. nidoqueen
(since out of thread talk is supposed to be illegal) is if they could nighttalk.
[[IIRC, Mafia can talk whenever they like (or at least that's how it was intimated to be in prior TR games?). Is the same true for lovers?]]

AbraPunk

Cosmic Guardian
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. luxio
IIRC, Mafia can talk whenever they like (or at least that's how it was intimated to be in prior TR games?). Is the same true for lovers?]

[[Nope. lovers can only talk during night phases ]]

Homestar!

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. nidoqueen
I originally figured the thing that clinched it was that they knew not only that lovers could talk out of thread but also that they could only do it at night, but turns out it wasn't them that originally brought that up, it was you. At least as I'm understanding how it went from my notes.]]
[[Yeah I remember being jkashdlfkjhasdfkljashdf that Flyg0n was so quick on the draw. I was hype to use that slip-up/"slip-up" to wring them for details and see what they came up with.]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[I think you mistake my point - I know that they did discuss talking out of thread during the night. However, it seems they weren't the ones who specified that it could only happen at night, so they could simply have been aware that lovers can often talk out of thread, without necessarily being lovers.

[[Hm. I see what you're getting at. The reason I jumped on that was because it was such a weird detail to mention and I think I covered why it wouldn't make any sense a page or two ago.

Too tired to now, but least of my worries until we kill all other suspects.]]

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
[[Also if I may, I was definitely going to make a comment that Perse and I spoke in the night phase, but Flyg0n beat me to it in mentioning that much, and in my surprise that she knew that information, I went along and just said she was clear to me (because she was…especially knowing I’d gunned at her and Kent for hours the day prior it was like an ‘oh welp’ moment for me). I can see now how that would make me look bad, but that’s the truth.]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[Frankly I believe Sind, based on my tedious review earlier today. Their behaviours are consistent with what I'd have expected for lovers.]]

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
[[I don't think it makes you look bad, just that something I thought was a very solid clear on you (and mentioned as such today, I think) actually wasn't.

I still think Sind's original vanilla claim with no info would be unlikely for scum.]]

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
[[I don't think it makes you look bad, just that something I thought was a very solid clear on you (and mentioned as such today, I think) actually wasn't.

I still think Sind's original vanilla claim with no info would be unlikely for scum.]]
[[Ah, okay, I got you. Granted, just wanted to make it clear in case somebody else uses it as grounds to sus me more.]]

Top Bottom