• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[Town victory] Vanilla Mafia!

Homestar!

Mikeposter/Galaxy-Brainer
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. nidoqueen
But they are frankly, the most minor of my concerns atm. Their story seems to line up. For now I lean pretty strong towards town for them.]]
[[I agree that they're on the "least concern" portion of the sus list. I'd rather pressure GOAT and Espy 'tomorrow.']]

"Oh. Sorry, I got a little carried away, uh, you probably don't care about all this..."
"Damn straight," Mike winked.

"On a more serious note," he continued, "I don't think you're a murderer here, at least. I think here you've got bigger and better things to do." He thought for a moment. His face flickered, the humor returning once more. He alighted on the 'perfect' thing to say.

"Just because you're a 'bad guy,' doesn't mean you're a bad guy," he finally concluded, forgoing the accent he so wished to pair the paraphrased quote with. "I think you should pitch in. You'd give a unique perspective on all this; you have the mind of a murderer, right? I say use it. Get in their heads, and yours, and give us some thoughts.

"I mean," Mike shrugged, picking sand from his nails, "unless you're, like, a total wimp, or something."

Homestar!

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. nidoqueen
Ebony couldn't resist. She dashed through one of the spires with her tongue hanging out of her mouth.
"Hey!" Mike chose a bad time to yell. A dollop of sand was flung into his mouth. He coughed and spat, shook and --- in spite of his mood --- laughed. He found a piece of driftwood a few feet away and pushed himself up, the remaining castle crumbling as he went.

He curled his lower lip and gave a shrill whistle. Stooping to snatch up the sturdy stick, he waved it in the air.

"I think someone's earned some play-time," Mike called with a wide smile, shaking the stick.

[[It looks like there was something players could do, after all!]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Ebony beamed. "You can call me that if you want!" She was doing good! That was really exciting. She wanted to keep doing good for her team!
A slight smile grew on Hana's face. She really hoped nothing bad happened to Ebony.
Sand castle!! Temptation... rising...

Ebony couldn't resist. She dashed through one of the spires with her tongue hanging out of her mouth.
Hana laughed as she watched Ebony bound straight through the sandcastle. (Great groudon if she somehow turned out to be one of bad guys, she'd cry. The dark-type was so cute-)

Still, at least everyone seemed less worked up than yesterday.

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
[[Honestly I'm used to lovers being able to communicate as a standard thing. The main thing that makes that claim fairly convincing to me is it being nighttalk specifically - the "standard", where I've usually played and in previous TR games as I understand it, is for roles that can talk out-of-thread to be able to do so whenever, so the fact Sinderella/Persephone mentioned it and Tetra/Abra confirmed that's indeed specifically how it works here is something that someone'd be much less likely to guess.]]

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
[[Also hi I'm feeling better today and am going to take another stab at reading some of Equi's longer posts]]

AbraPunk

Cosmic Guardian
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. luxio
"I think you should pitch in. You'd give a unique perspective on all this; you have the mind of a murderer, right? I say use it. Get in their heads, and yours, and give us some thoughts.

"You know what? You're right. Thanks, man."

Kent got up and walked away just before that damn Dobermon dashed through the sand.

So, he was left to think to himself.

He knew what it was like to deceive and to stay hidden among others... but not in any setting like this.

And besides, whoever was killing everyone else off... he had to admit, they were doing a damn fine job. He was a bit envious.

So, time to take a look at everyone.

[[ IC/OOC combo time! IC, will give short comments on everyone. OOC, will provide more detailed explanations, as well as TL;DR at the end!! ]]

The first one he walked up to was Wes. "Hey there! I'm just doing a quick comment on everyone, just to get my thoughts out, becuase I know there are some voices out there that would appreciate it... so, I think you're good!

Wes: 100% town in my book. If mafia, super galaxy-brained.

Next was Clovis. This guy.
"Hmm, gotta admit I'm skeptical of you. But, for now, everyone believes you're innocent, so." He shrugged.

Clovis: uhhhhhh honestly. Could be town, could be mafia. don't know. not 100% convinced with the lover claim.

Then Astrid and Pixie. "I guess you two exist? I dunno, haven't seen much activity from either of you."

Astrid/Pixie: grouping because why not. Uhhhh yeah idk

He passed several that he was absolutely convinced were innocent: those being Mike, Hana, and Reme.

Yeah they're innocent for sure

[[[ aaaaand I gotta cut it off here because aaaa my phones gonna die oh no oh god eeeeeeeeee. I'll get back to this later through when i have time and battery ]]]]]]

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
A sand castle! Jean giggled with delight as Ebony dashed through a tower, ruining it. What else was making a sand castle for? People were cheering up again. That was good.

"Ebony's the best dog. That's why she's on Team Experiments! She's not an experiment but she's allowed because she knows some experiments and she's the best." She nodded decisively.

AbraPunk

Cosmic Guardian
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. luxio
aaaaand I gotta cut it off here because aaaa my phones gonna die oh no oh god eeeeeeeeee. I'll get back to this later through when i have time and battery ]]]]]]
[[ 4 years later I'm back ]]

Kent glared at that yellow rectangle without getting close to it. "Well, I'm pretty sure that one's a killer. I mean, it'll be gone by the end of the day, so not much to say there..."

Uhhhh yeah preeeeetty sure they're mafia

Then, he glanced over to Ebony. "Hmm. Not sure..."

Sussy baka!!!!11! just kidding, idk

Then to that weird thing... Kimeramon? "Uhhhh, I have no clue. They've said some stuff, but... yeah, I'm gonna have to go through the records to get a better read."

I believe they're town, but they could also be mafia. Idk, leaning town.

Next, the fox-girl. "That one... pff, hell if I know."

50/50 leaning town

And then the Mikemon. "Uh. Town, I guess?" He put a hand on his head and mumbled, "I am so bad at this."

witch trials :quag: nah jk. 50/50 again

Finally, this... pink fox thing. "Since when were you here?"

one message at the beginning of D0 and then like basically radio silence

TOWN:
Wes
Hana
Mike
Reme

How many posts will it take to get to the center of this mystery? The players may never know:
Salem
Jean
Hazel
Ebony
Clovis

??????:
Astrid
Pixie
Sparkle

Bruh momentum get noscoped:
Bart

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Hana nodded. "Not bad," she said. "Not bad at all."

[[Love the effort :grin:]]

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
Firstly, sorry. I totally admit that my play has been a trail of gaffes and blunders. It is my intention to analyze what I did so I can hopefully not be a detriment to my Town Team next time. For now, I want to try to summarize my thoughts and what might be good for Town to do next.

Now, during the first half of d3, my Mafia Brain was engaged. which I think makes me play worse, notably making me more rigid in my convictions and prone to galaxy brain. That's something I'll think of ways to strategize around next time, and I think I've come down from that, but very please and obviously do not do whatever the Town Clown says, thank you very much. Confirmed innocent, but also confirmed very fallible

I think we've all agreed that Espy has been caught in a lie, so she's a good target to lynch next. Also, on the chance she is innocent, she provides a good base of who to look for next (anyone with a claimed role). I previously suggested that Chibi target Espy bc if Espy were vanilla, she wouldn't have had to make up a lie...unless her scum hint plays even worse for scum. That seems obvious now so, yeah sorry for the galaxy brain.

I strongly recommend existing Healer target Chibi because Chibi good and useful and very very unlikely to be scum. I went on a whole deduction train based on results if Chibi died, though it probably doesn't matter. If Chibi dies, you prob don't have a Healer to protect you. If Chibi doesn't die, you're golden. If two people die uhhhhh fucking RIP*

*(uh fun fact I've finally stumbled onto an argument that makes me think there a decent chance of being a scum doc. Mafia targeted Inke, an odd choice. But maybe they did that because they have another way to remove a Lover/ other role: a scum doc targeting a likely target of healing. Anyway, I realize you found my disbelief baffling (which mildly confuses me tbh) but here's a way to create a bridge.)

(sorry again for being Bad Town >.<)

Anyway. For now, let's assume Espeon is scum, as well as Goat. Also, assume that I am dead. I'm going to put Lover pairs together as one unit.

1. Reme [Gardevoir] (Fusion)
  2. Ebony [Houndoom] (Chibi Pika)
  3. Hana [Human] (Flyg0n)/Kent [Dracomon] (AbraPunk)

4. Mike [Human] (Homestar!)
  5. Wesley Lycas [Human] (HelloYellow17)
  6. Jean Ambrose [Vulpix Pokemorph] (Dragonfree)

7. Salem Weir [Purrloin-human morph] (unrepentantAuthor)
  8. Clovis LeClair [Human] (Sinderella)/Pixie [Alolan Vulpix] (Persephone)
  9. Hazel [Type: Null] (Shiny Phantump)

At least one of these people have to be scum, which is fun because casically all of them have strong claims or play to back them up.

Process of elimination is how I'm trying to go through this all. I've made three groups of three, as you can see. The top I cannot twist my brain to figure out how they're guilty. The bottom is I guess if I had to choose, but literally I think all of these players are very, very strong. No idea what's going on. I think the best bet is to go through hints and then claims, which you'll have to get to eventually before the game is up. Also, the Mafia will be taking some of these people out to narrow the pool, so whoooo?

Smaller points about the readlist:

• Please leave Reme alone. I think Wind made a very good choice in targeting Reme in that Reme would be a scumread, but not anymore. Please do not lynch her, the probability is not high.

• if Espeon's actually innocent, try Clovis and Sinderella

• I'm sticking with my pet theory that Phan is scum, because she flew under the radar in my other game with them

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora

Homestar!

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. nidoqueen
"No need to open this unless I'm dead"
Mike heaved a sigh. He really did like the silly little DS, but it didn't quite know when to stop talking.

"Okay, Town Meeting?" Mike asked/bellowed.

"At this point," Mike spoke a few minutes later (and hopefully to listening ears), "I can't help but draw parallels between Bart and the late, great Anti. I know that they've played erratically, as have I. I know we have no solid reason to trust them, nor do you have reason to trust me. But also..." Mike mulled over the words for a moment, almost literally chewing on what he wanted to say next.

"First: Nobody change your votes yet," Mike declared. "I'm not sure if we want an extension here or not. But hear me out..."

[[While I do see why we have decided to sacrifice Equi today, and I do see it very clearly (was (one of?) the first to cast the vote), I can't help but see some genuine helpfulness and desperation out of their play patterns today. Which we also saw from Wind, who was counter-accused and immediately began to scramble for reason and sense.

Are we all rock-solid on voting out Equi? Is there a different target we can all agree to hone in on, on the off-chance that we are throwing away our doctor?

I know we're coming right up to the wire here. It's kind-of why I wanna say this now: odds are more and more people are trickling in to see the EoD post. And feel free to post arguments against me: I really want to hear them and be refreshed about them.

Personally: I do not have a better target than Bart. But also, I would hate to shoot our Doctor if it turned out we were all harboring mixed feelings, and we could all agree on another target.]]

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
"Ebony's the best dog. That's why she's on Team Experiments! She's not an experiment but she's allowed because she knows some experiments and she's the best." She nodded decisively.
ebony-yay.pngEbony beamed. "I was on a team with the experiments that I knew back home. So it's really great to be on another team with them!" She set to work making trails of pawprints in the sand around Salem, Jean, and Hazel.

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
ebony-yay.png
Ebony beamed. "I was on a team with the experiments that I knew back home. So it's really great to be on another team with them!" She set to work making trails of pawprints in the sand around Salem, Jean, and Hazel.

Salem smiled, a little anxious, a little hopeful. Nobody could be completely trusted here, and it was stressful as hell to figure out the truth from so much, but having someone as easy to understand and as enthusiastically friendly as Ebony around felt good. Made it easier. And she was used to . . . strange people. That was good.

download20210804095217.png "I like being on a team with you too," she told the houndoom.

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
[[Equitial was staunchly against eliminating Anti, which I do think is a point in his favor - though of course, no reason a mafia member who isn't trusted anyway couldn't position themselves against the lynch of someone they know is innocent.

On the other hand:

But the main crux of believing skull to be innocent, is what would the Mafia gain. At this point, I just don't see how Inke can be Town. Like, I would believe Wind is scum if Inke does flip that way, but I will always be monumentally confused while we go to lynch Wind. (I don't think there are any swappers in this game.)

So, if we're imagining a play where Wind is scum, I would say that Inke is definitely the SK. The Mafia Rolecop is still in-play, yadda yadda we've gone through this. However, the supporting interest in Wind is still scum relies on a web of interconnectedness based on Fuse and I being scum, which I just don't see idk. When we were scum, Wind and I's scumteam's strat was more to try to put distance between each other. We didn't like seeming too close to our scummates, so this does not seem like a scum!Wind play. Now ofc I can read my role PM and thus don't think my support of them means anything. But yeah, the proposed theory just doesn't seem very likely to me.
This line of reasoning feels pretty weird to me. First it talks about town Inke, which I don't think anyone had proposed - after all, Inkedust claimed serial killer, and why on Earth would a townie do that. Then it goes on to dismiss the Anti-as-scum-rolecop theory on the basis of "well, as mafia partners we wouldn't do that". Like, when you know you're not mafia, the whole premise of that is nonsense, right? (This isn't ostensibly part of a defense of himself, arguing that others shouldn't be convinced by this interconnectedness argument, it's part of explaining his read on Anti.) It seems super weird and defensive to present it like this.

Espeon: Her tidbit makes me think she's likely to be legit, actually. It's the kind of thing that would seem as likely to backfire as to help for a scum to claim. I'd put her off the scumlist for now.
Equi at first tried to exonerate SparklingEspeon specifically for the highly suspect hint, which I find a bit eyebrow-raising. I guess the reasoning is scum would have come up with something more convincing, which is fair enough, but the immediate willingness to not just consider that angle but to put her off the scumlist altogether seems very oddly hasty. Then, subsequently Equi is immediately on to voting SparklingEspeon once there's more suspicion on her, even while still actively looking for ways she could be telling the truth? Mmmmm, feels like a dodgy sort of pattern.

I feel bad because it feels like if Equi is town he's been trying super hard today to be as helpful as possible. But also I think I'd be kicking myself pretty hard if we let him go based on that now and then it turned out he was mafia doctor after all. I feel that especially hard because after I accused him last game he went on to seem helpful and genuine and by the end of the day I was kind of feeling like I'd been wrong and he was just town, and then it turned out nope I'd been right the first time and he really was mafia doctor.

It's true that with healer clash multiple doctors pose a bit of a risk even if they were both town, especially with two sets of lovers in play, where an accidental overdose could easily kill two innocents. So mmm, I can live with the risk that he's town after all.

If Equi flips scum, at the very least, I think we should deeefinitely look at SparklingEspeon tomorrow.]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
View attachment 1476Ebony beamed. "I was on a team with the experiments that I knew back home. So it's really great to be on another team with them!" She set to work making trails of pawprints in the sand around Salem, Jean, and Hazel.
Wes allowed a small smile to tug at his lips as he watched the others play in the sand. He had no idea what the hell Mike was making, but he had to admit it looked…pretty cool, whatever it was. He took a seat in a patch of shade and leaned back on his hands, enjoying the ocean breeze as it ruffled his hair.

If only Neo and Novo could be here with him. Then it would be almost perfect.

Homestar!

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. nidoqueen
But also I think I'd be kicking myself pretty hard if we let him go based on that now and then it turned out he was mafia doctor after all. I feel that especially hard because after I accused him last game he went on to seem helpful and genuine and by the end of the day I was kind of feeling like I'd been wrong and he was just town, and then it turned out nope I'd been right the first time and he really was mafia doctor.
[[Ahh yeah, I remember you saying that about last game now. Fantastic tactic if that's true; definitely got me to at least doubt myself.]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[Ahh yeah, I remember you saying that about last game now. Fantastic tactic if that's true; definitely got me to at least doubt myself.]]
[[Yeah Equi was pretty convincing town last game and was really good at defending himself. I will say, if he actually is mafia, he’s put up a fantastic town performance today. But Free makes a lot of good points so I’m still fine with voting for him.]]

Homestar!

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. nidoqueen
[[Yeah Equi was pretty convincing town last game and was really good at defending himself. I will say, if he actually is mafia, he’s put up a fantastic town performance today. But Free makes a lot of good points so I’m still fine with voting for him.]]
[[And tbh this is probably a lot of nails in the coffin for me if he flips scum lmao, gg you fuckin' handheld.]]

Top Bottom