• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[Town victory] Vanilla Mafia!

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
@Homestar! [
Mike heaved a sigh. He really did like the silly little DS, but it didn't quite know when to stop talking.

"Okay, Town Meeting?" Mike asked/bellowed.

"At this point," Mike spoke a few minutes later (and hopefully to listening ears), "I can't help but draw parallels between Bart and the late, great Anti. I know that they've played erratically, as have I. I know we have no solid reason to trust them, nor do you have reason to trust me. But also..." Mike mulled over the words for a moment, almost literally chewing on what he wanted to say next.

"First: Nobody change your votes yet," Mike declared. "I'm not sure if we want an extension here or not. But hear me out..."

[[While I do see why we have decided to sacrifice Equi today, and I do see it very clearly (was (one of?) the first to cast the vote), I can't help but see some genuine helpfulness and desperation out of their play patterns today. Which we also saw from Wind, who was counter-accused and immediately began to scramble for reason and sense.

Are we all rock-solid on voting out Equi? Is there a different target we can all agree to hone in on, on the off-chance that we are throwing away our doctor?

I know we're coming right up to the wire here. It's kind-of why I wanna say this now: odds are more and more people are trickling in to see the EoD post. And feel free to post arguments against me: I really want to hear them and be refreshed about them.

Personally: I do not have a better target than Bart. But also, I would hate to shoot our Doctor if it turned out we were all harboring mixed feelings, and we could all agree on another target.]]

[[I honestly don't know but I personally disagree about Anti and if you review the entirety of the game Anti's plays seem very straightforward and clear for the most part.

But I admit you do raise good points about the Bart incident.
-On one hand, They new sus was being thrown at them from days ago but didn't do much to suddenlly be helpful until later, though they did do weird logic posts.
-On other hand others seem convinced we might have two town doctors. If we lose one thats not good, especially when we could use their help.
-But there's simply no denying that things lined up poorly for Bart and they seemed only interested in helping more after being sussed.

I genuinely don't know but I also think if they are doctor... and they've been russian rouletting us.... well.....

Look the truth is I think its possible Equi tried to hide something important, or they're just town but.... I'm not backdown. I can live with this.

Anyways I dunno what else to say.

What I do wanna say is I think that, if for some reason something happens to me tonight my suggestions for investigate is already outlined in my earlier readlist.

So yeah, based on everyone's logic, I am comfortable.]]

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
"So we're voting out Bart. And then Sylveon next, probably! Unless someone discovers something really big! And then, umm..." Her voice trailed off. She didn't know who else to suspect. What if she couldn't find all the bad guys before they got rid of her?

No. She wouldn't let that happen. She'd find them all!

Reme - Anti said she was good! Anti was cop!
Salem - She's been really helpful! I'm really super extra sure she's good!
Wes - He's been trying really extra hard to be helpful! I think he'd be a lot more nervous if he was bad.

Hana/Kent - Hana's been trying really hard! And being super loud! Lots of stuff that'd be really risky for a bad guy to say!
Clovis/Pixie - The only way they can be bad is if we have SIX bad guys. Don't vote for them unless we got rid of four first!!

Jean - I feel really good about her! She's my friend! But I'm scared of being wrong.
Hazel - I really want her to be a friend! But I'm also scared of being wrong.

Astrid - We just don't know.
Sparkle - Her hint was wrong...

Ebony puzzled a bit over the names she'd written in the sand. The Ninetales was still just a big mystery. Maybe... there was some way to figure out the mystery, at least a little bit.

"Sylveon lied. We don't know if Ninetales lied about there being an even number of vanilla. But... IF she's telling the truth, then based on the powers we know so far..." She grabbed a stick and drew more squares.

1629929551424.png
[[Pretend Porygon's name could go in either red cell there--we have literally zero info.]]

"The roles might look like this! The only way for Ninetales to be telling the truth is for there to be at least one more power we don't know about! Eight vanilla is an even number!" It seemed that Ebony finally had a grasp on what was even and what was odd. "I guess we don't know if Porygon-Z had a power... but I don't know any other powers that would make sense for good guys to have here?"

"Also, my Voice heard about this thing where, if you pick something randomly, and then get rid of all the things that it can't be... it changes the odds! I don't really get it, but..."

Homestar!

Mikeposter/Galaxy-Brainer
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. nidoqueen
I genuinely don't know but I also think if they are doctor... and they've been russian rouletting us.... well.....
[[Like, logically, in a game with 2+ docs, that seems like a good idea. But it also seems like "lol wut" from a non-doc, doesn't-know-about-clash perspective.

And yeah, I'm comfy too. I was just momentarily moved by the little booger.]]

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
"She's been really helpful! I'm really super extra sure she's good!"

Salem blushed a little, her ears heating up. Yeah, she HAD been helpful, hadn't she? It felt good to have someone else smart notice that. Kinda scary to think it might mean either of them could be murdered in the night, though. Especially if two doctors both tried healing one of them...

"I'm still voting Bart," muttered Salem, rubbing the back of her neck. "I think even this new stuff could be a trick, if he was really desperate, and he seems really really likely to make things harder for us even if he is innocent. I don't feel good about voting for someone who's trying so hard, but I can't make myself trust him..."

That, and she trusted Ebony completely, and Ebony was completely certain.

Please don't die in the night, dog friend.

Homestar!

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. nidoqueen
"I think even this new stuff could be a trick, if he was really desperate, and he seems really really likely to make things harder for us even if he is innocent. I don't feel good about voting for someone who's trying so hard, but I can't make myself trust him..."
"Hey," Mike soothed, "you're not the only one with doubts. It's why I, uh, yelled. Sorry if that hurt your ears, by the by."

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Hana nodded in agreement with the strange cat. She could only hope Ebony would survive.

The sun was getting low now, and night was almost upon them. "If it's my last night with you all... thanks, I guess."

Homestar!

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. nidoqueen
The sun was getting low now, and night was almost upon them. "If it's my last night with you all... thanks, I guess."
"For what," Mike hissed, loud enough for them but not quite for anyone else, "trying to send your demon lover to the shadow realm?"

"All jokes aside, if you do go, you'll be sorely missed, goggles." Mike did his best to smile, but the dread of returning to his 'room' was creeping back into the very fiber of his being.

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
Hazel was pretty sure she was done for the day. Now she could spend time with her friends. She waded in the water and let the waves lap over her back. It reminded her of Brooklet Hill back home, except the water stretched on for ages. If she tried to swim, her helmet would pull her to the bottom, so she had to stay in the shallows.

"I was on a team with the experiments that I knew back home. So it's really great to be on another team with them!"
"I like being on a team with you too,"

"And so do I. Even for all the... the everything, I'm still glad I got the chance to come here. It's so nice to have people who... who... who get me. Back home, I don't have a voice, so even though my human friend is very nice, I still feel lonely a lot. I wish I could stay with all of you afterwards... Maybe find the people with the logo. If they did the Salem thing to me, too, maybe I would have a voice." Or maybe I'd be even worse.

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
"For what," Mike hissed, loud enough for them but not quite for anyone else, "trying to send your demon lover to the shadow realm?"

"All jokes aside, if you do go, you'll be sorely missed, goggles." Mike did his best to smile, but the dread of returning to his 'room' was creeping back into the very fiber of his being.
"Yeah, thanks for that," she snapped irritably. She rolled her eyes. "Doesn't matter anymore," he murmured.

She turned away and stared at the ocean. "I just hope we win this in the end."

Even if she had to die.

Steven deserved that. That weird whatever it was from yesterday did too.

AbraPunk

Cosmic Guardian
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. luxio
"For what," Mike hissed, loud enough for them but not quite for anyone else, "trying to send your demon lover to the shadow realm?

Kent overheard and walked over to Mike. "Hey, it's just the role for this game, we're not actually... y'know." He seemed visibly uncomfortable with this. How strange.

Persephone

Infinite Screms
Pronouns
her/hers
Partners
  1. mawile
  2. vulpix-alola
It's still miserable, but people are discussing things that *might* be important. You huddle under Astrid's tails and embrace her cold. Good. Problem solved. Now onto the less important business.

[[ @Chibi Pika how sure are you that Sparkles is scum? Because I still don't entirely get the Equi bandwagon and if there's another probable scum I'd rather go for them. ]]

Homestar!

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. nidoqueen
Kent overheard and walked over to Mike. "Hey, it's just the role for this game, we're not actually... y'know." He seemed visibly uncomfortable with this. How strange.
Mike blinked at Kent.

Then his eyes went wide.

"Do you mean that---" He double-took between the two. And again. He cocked his head to almost a ninety degree angle. He slapped his forehead and stumbled from the force of it.

"Well I'll be damned," Mike swirled his head around with each word. "And here I thought you two were all snuggled up an' waitin' to get hitched! Sheee-oot!" He pulled up a knee and slapped it.

"Well con-sarned-it, everyone," Mike announced, grabbing at Kent to deliver a noogie, "wouldn't you know, this little feller here's still on the market!"

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Hana cringed visibly, he face wrinkling in disgust. "I'm out," she declared, walking as far away from Mike as she could.

AbraPunk

Cosmic Guardian
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. luxio
"Do you mean that---" He double-took between the two. And again. He cocked his head to almost a ninety degree angle. He slapped his forehead and stumbled from the force of it.

"Well I'll be damned," Mike swirled his head around with each word. "And here I thought you two were all snuggled up an' waitin' to get hitched! Sheee-oot!" He pulled up a knee and slapped it.

"Well con-sarned-it, everyone," Mike announced, grabbing at Kent to deliver a noogie, "wouldn't you know, this little feller here's still on the market!"

Kent yelped and wriggled his way out of Mike's hold. "Get the hell away from me!" He shouted, rapidly taking steps backwards. "I'm already taken in my own universe! In the Digital World!"

That was a lie.

...Or was it?

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[I guess in some insane take somehow Free, Chibi and Salem are all the stealthiest, scariest scum ever and are stringing us along. I jest, I jest.

But i won't have time to do a roundup tonight so all I have to say is what is ony my readlist, and that there really may be some kind of stealth scum beyond the weirdness of Goat/Espeon/etc. I don't really know who but for the sake of the sake, I am going to post a readlist of least to most likely to be scum. for very obvious reasons I'm not bothering to place Abra on my own list.

Naturally things might need to re-evaluated later depending how this lynch goes...

1. Bart
  2. Espeon
  3. Goat
  4. Free
  5. Sind
  6. Pixie
  7. Mike
  8. Hazel
  9. Chibi
  10. Wes
  11. Salem
  12. Reme (cleared by Cop)

So yeah, last investigation post.
]]

Homestar!

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. nidoqueen
"I'm already taken in my own universe! In the Digital World!"
"Then you're a two-timin', no-good, dirty, rotten, homewrecker!" Mike grasped at Kent but ultimately was unable to contain the strange little monster. He squared himself up, dusted himself off, and laughed all the while.

AbraPunk

Cosmic Guardian
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. luxio
"Then you're a two-timin', no-good, dirty, rotten, homewrecker!"

"What the hell does that mean?!"

He very much regretted everything now.

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
"Also, my Voice heard about this thing where, if you pick something randomly, and then get rid of all the things that it can't be... it changes the odds! I don't really get it, but..."
[[Sorry, maybe I'm slow but I'm not sure what it is you're applying the Monty Hall problem to here?]]

Homestar!

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. nidoqueen
"What the hell does that mean?!"

He very much regretted everything now.
"You're seeing someone else and then you went ahead and eloped with that poor young lady!" Mike put his fists to his hips. "Now that's evil! I think I do believe all that bad guy stuff now."

[[Sorry, maybe I'm slow but I'm not sure what it is you're applying the Monty Hall problem to here?]]
[[Idk if they're actually talking about a genuine Monty Hall problem? It felt like they were referencing Sherlock Holmes (“When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”) for a second, then we got Monty Hall'd outta left field.]]

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
"The roles might look like this! The only way for Ninetales to be telling the truth is for there to be at least one more power we don't know about! Eight vanilla is an even number!" It seemed that Ebony finally had a grasp on what was even and what was odd. "I guess we don't know if Porygon-Z had a power... but I don't know any other powers that would make sense for good guys to have here?"
[[This is an interesting point. Unsure what to make of it. Hrmmm. Simplest explanation is probably that Goat is lying? Or else like, one of the mafia is bulletproof? Maybe I'm missing something obvious bit.]]

Top Bottom