• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[Town victory] Vanilla Mafia!

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[Also, if we're taking two town rolecops as a given, (which I think would be kinda weird with so few scummy-looking roles, but not the weirdest thing in this setup,) I am also going to have to back off my suspicion that the Mafia probably doesn't have a doctor. They're gonna have something, after all.

Now, on the hint subject I didn't have time to bring up last day... I am noticing that Goat's hint, since the amount of dead vanillas and scum vanillas are both equally impossible for us to determine, is impossible to use to determine anything of value about anyone whatsoever, while also being impossible to verify as true by any means because a single unclaimed dead vanilla/non-vanilla can alter the result, and is also rendered entirely redundant by Espy's hint.]]
“I was going to bring this up, too,” Wes said. “Their hints were almost identical, right? I don’t think anyone would get the same hint.”

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[All these hints are making my brain leak out of my ears. ugh

Does anyone have aclean roundup of the hints and who claimed?]]

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"I did, yes," Reme said, raising her hand. "However I believe I have been lacking in maintaining my list. My Voice will go and retrieve it."

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[There are an even number of vanilla mafia and vanilla town total. That’s what the hint said.]]

Yeah, vanilla townie. Which worked out for me, seeing how my week's gone :V I was told in my role PM that the split between special roles and roles that are vanilla is 50 50. I've been blegh and minute scrolling all this so I didn't consider this particularly game cracking in any way and didn't want to put myself on the pedestal. Though that means I kind of lost the chance for it to be new info I guess. Since this is a game of 20, that'd mean 10 special roles. So far I think most have been accounted for? Four lovers (I think), maybe cop, maybe SK... that's six. It's possible one or two got axed with the dead as well]]
“So not identical, but if I have to look at the hints…I’m more inclined to believe the Sylveon than the Ninetales.”

Homestar!

Mikeposter/Galaxy-Brainer
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. nidoqueen
"Hey," He said quietly. "You alright, there?"

Mike grinned weakly, but didn't look away from the water.

"Interesting phrasing," he scooped up a handful of damp sand as he spoke. The water was just close enough that he could lean over and touch it. "'You alright there.' Well, right here, I guess I am."

He let the thought dangle as he leaned over into the water with the pile of sand. He met a rising wave, which splashed over his boots and rinsed the finer sand from the sturdier grit he was holding. He was left with a handful of pebbles.

He wanted to make some clever metaphor out of the experience, but ultimately it was just something to do.

"So what do you think about all this, killer?" Mike joked, piling up the stones between his knees. He scooped fresh sand again, finding some sort of therapy in the simple task, and waited for another wave.

"And then with Steven, I didn't notice he was saying he was a rolecop. Bart noticed it, and he told everyone. I still wasn't really sure though--maybe he was just regular cop. But then Anti turned out to be the regular cop! So Steven definitely was rolecop. And since I trust Wes, that means no bad rolecop!"

[[Tbh I feel like this happened but I would wanna dig for Bart's relevant post. Do you have it handy?]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[Anyone else also think its weird that our "doctor" Equi didn't protect our cop? Although I'm sure they have an excuse again]]

AbraPunk

Cosmic Guardian
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. luxio
"Interesting phrasing," he scooped up a handful of damp sand as he spoke. The water was just close enough that he could lean over and touch it. "'You alright there.' Well, right here, I guess I am."

Kent crossed his arms. "You know what I meant." His words were sharp, but his tone... soft.

"So what do you think about all this, killer?" Mike joked, piling up the stones between his knees. He scooped fresh sand again, finding some sort of therapy in the simple task, and waited for another wave.

He snorted, before it grew into a small giggle. "Heheh... still on that, huh?" He paused. "I, uh, don't know what to think of all this... I've never been in anything like it before. I mean, I guess the Digital World is sort of like it? But... also completely different, if that makes sense. I have a friend who would be way better at this than I am, though, that's for sure..."

Homestar!

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. nidoqueen
[[Anyone else also think its weird that our "doctor" Equi didn't protect our cop? Although I'm sure they have an excuse again]]
[[That's a fucking brilliant point. Not to mention, all the talk of Heal Clash (from him for the most part iirc) may have been a set-up to scare our real doc from defending. I'll be the first to lock it in.]]

VOTE EQUITIAL/BART

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui

Homestar!

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. nidoqueen
"I, uh, don't know what to think of all this... I've never been in anything like it before. I mean, I guess the Digital World is sort of like it? But... also completely different, if that makes sense. I have a friend who would be way better at this than I am, though, that's for sure..."
"The Digital World." Mike looked back at them finally. He shook a wet scoop of sand out of his hand. "I keep forgetting. To you that's real as real can be, huh?"

He didn't let that thought breathe, and pressed onwards. "What makes you think they'd be better? What do you think is better suited for them?"

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
[[Juggernaut and Heal Clash can both kill doctor targets. As much as I'm suspicious of Equital, I would be pretty surprised if neither of these two things were involved in the kill, given we definitely have one town doctor somewhere, who could have also targeted Anti.]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[Fair point. Still sus of Bart tho]]

Homestar!

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. nidoqueen
[[Juggernaut and Heal Clash can both kill doctor targets. As much as I'm suspicious of Equital, I would be pretty surprised if neither of these two things were involved in the kill, given we definitely have one town doctor somewhere, who could have also targeted Anti.]]
[[True, true. My other thought about scaring off the defending doc still stands, though.]]

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"Yes, I have it, although it was a tad out of date," Reme said. "My voice and I will update these as best we can."

Vanilla Informed Town:
Myself (Reme): Claims that there are an Odd number of town. Confirmed innocent from Windskull (Anti)'s death as of Day 3
HelloYellow (Wes): It... slipped my mind again, but I know he had one.

Roleclaims:
Homestar (Mike): Fakeclaimed Cop Day one, and also gambited Kent as Serial Killer. Then, after the gambit failed, then claimed Bulletproof.
Windskull (Anti): Town Cop, Currently Dead
Equital (Bartholomew): Claims, or is suspected to be, a Doctor, possibly a Mafia Doctor.
Panoramic_Vacuum (Steven MOTHERFUCKING Stone): cannot remember exactly what we think he was but I believe they May have been a Rolecop, Currently Dead

The Damned Lovers:
Abrapunk (Kent)
Flyg0n (Hana)
Sinderella (Clovis)

Persephone (Pixie)

Mafia:
Bluwiikoon (Porygon): Currently Dead

Dead:
Bench (PNS-NT0): Innocent, No Role Shown
Kyueg (Ferry): Innocent, No Role Shown

Reme clicked back the top on her markers and nodded, showing the board to the others. "This is everything to my knowledge, I don't doubt I or my Voice got something wrong, feel free to correct me on anything."

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
"Since Reme is a good guy, we know that there's an odd number of town! So there must be an even number of mafia! Umm... six sounds like kind of a big number...? Especially with lovers who die with each other! And healers who can kill! That would be really hard!!"

"So... I think it's four! And they don't have a rolecop, so that means..."

15 town
4 lovers
2 town rolecops
1 town doctor (presumably?)
1 town cop
1 bulletproof
6 normal guys?

4 mafia
1 doctor
2 goons
1 strong-guy?

"There could be a strong-guy! Although... there doesn't have to be a strong-guy. Bad guys would have one to stop a cop from finding them all, while a healer protects them! But, a bad doctor could also stop that from happening..."

"Or... does the strong-guy power get shared? I wouldn't think so...?"

[[Translation: Strongman gets put in games to prevent "Follow the Cop" but mafia doctors also prevent that. Doesn't mean they can't have both, though.]]

[[Also--unless Porygon-Z just so happened to be a doctor, we almost certainly still have a town doctor.]]

AbraPunk

Cosmic Guardian
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. luxio
"The Digital World." Mike looked back at them finally. He shook a wet scoop of sand out of his hand. "I keep forgetting. To you that's real as real can be, huh?"

"...Yeah. It was the only place I'd ever known, so--"

He didn't let that thought breathe, and pressed onwards. "What makes you think they'd be better? What do you think is better suited for them?"

"Hah, where do I begin with that? For one, he's way smarter than me. I mean, not to make everyone else here sound like an idiot, but he would've had this whole thing solved instantly. Also, he's much more of a thinker than I am. Real careful with his words and actions. Obviously, I'm the complete opposite of that. So... he's just better than me in every way."

Persephone

Infinite Screms
Pronouns
her/hers
Partners
  1. mawile
  2. vulpix-alola
[[Hmm. I would like to hear Equi explain who they healed and why. They are one of the most sus to me, along with Homestar for the whole "maybe baiting a cop claim" sort of deal. Especially if there was no info role so they were just shooting blindly. Also, feel free to RP with Pix. Just be prepared to wait a few hours and make sure to quote or tag me.]]

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
"I just noticed an important thing!!!"

[[Yeah, vanilla townie. Which worked out for me, seeing how my week's gone :V I was told in my role PM that the split between special roles and roles that are vanilla is 50 50. I've been blegh and minute scrolling all this so I didn't consider this particularly game cracking in any way and didn't want to put myself on the pedestal. Though that means I kind of lost the chance for it to be new info I guess. Since this is a game of 20, that'd mean 10 special roles. So far I think most have been accounted for? Four lovers (I think), maybe cop, maybe SK... that's six. It's possible one or two got axed with the dead as well]]
"For this to be true, the bad guys can't have a strong-guy! Or any other powers besides the doctor!"

[[There are an even number of vanilla mafia and vanilla town total. That’s what the hint said.]]
"But if THIS is true, then the bad guys need to have another power. To keep things even. Right?"

"I think that's right. These hints can't both be true, I think."

"Also... I just realized I don't know how the serial killer fits into that..."

Attachments

• ebony-shock.png
    ebony-shock.png
    8.1 KB · Views: 0

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
"For this to be true, the bad guys can't have a strong-guy! Or any other powers besides the doctor!"
"But if THIS is true, then the bad guys need to have another power. To keep things even. Right?"
[[Wait, I'm not following how you're getting alignments from this? What's the difference between Vanilla Mafia and Vanilla Town in the context of these hints?]]

Top Bottom