• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[Town victory] Vanilla Mafia!

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
View attachment 1447 Ebony was ready! She'd sniffed out Anti, and he was really a cop, just like he'd said!! Which meant he had to be good! Reme had to be good too! This was going to solve so many mysteries! Everyone was going to be so proud of her!

She already knew something was wrong when she reached the clearing, giddy with her discovery. She searched high and low for the Anti-guy, ready to apologize for doubting him!

...But she couldn't find him.

View attachment 1448
Jean saw Ebony's face fall and ran up to her to hug her, slumping to the ground beside her. "It's okay. He's fine. It's just a game."

It was. Right? They weren't really going to Hell. Hell wasn't even real. But even if it was just a game, the game wasn't as fun as it was supposed to be when good guys kept being sent away and everyone was so sad.

She curled up by Ebony's side. "Yeah. She's right. He's got to be bad."

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[My final Post in case I don't survive. I really think that somebody in the town that people are considering hard town is probably scum. be careful if I survive we can discuss this tomorrow]]
[[Bringing this back to light now that we know Anti was innocent. I still think we should vote Bart today, but…I’m wondering…about Jean. I’m gonna go back and reread her posts and contributions so far.]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[Town rolecop. That's why I went insta-aggro on Mike's fakeclaim because I was fairly convinced that the mafia had to have one.
[[So to clarify, when you thought both Kent and Homestar were bad, this was because you thought Mafia had a rolecop?

Who have you checked so far?]]

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
[[I need to be drawing and going to bed, so probably won't participate much further tonight, but tomorrow I'm planning to read back through Equitial's posts, and hopefully some others as well.

I must admit I do find it really surprising that the town would have two rolecops...? As well as a regular cop? Definitely expected it to be one town/one mafia. Hmmmh.]]

Homestar!

Mikeposter/Galaxy-Brainer
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. nidoqueen
Mike heard the musings and consensus forming on the edge of his consciousness. He tried hard to think back on what the little device had said and done...

[[Yeah, I'm not opposed to voting Bart. I was sure that Wind was mafia, though, so I'm not the best at this game. Tried doing a reread, but tbh the consensus seems clear and I was leaning that way anyways.

I'm really gonna have to, like, re-read this whole damn thing if I wanna get better aren't I?]]

Persephone

Infinite Screms
Pronouns
her/hers
Partners
  1. mawile
  2. vulpix-alola
[[ While I’m not going to act like I know that there are multiples of any single role, I think it’s likely that there are for at least one. Leaning two pairs of lovers since the other set also knew about the mason thing. Two role cops isn’t beyond reason in a game where there are lots of players are relatively few potential roles. ]]

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
[[I had some observation on the hint claims last night, but got cut off because I didn't realize the phase was ending that day. Should I give us a moment so sort through this first, or should I jump to that right away?]]

07_Miserable.png When Hazel emerged once more, her fear had been realized. Someone had finally come for one of her friends...

She was right about him being innocent. Being right didn't feel very good right now, not when being right was also the reason he was targeted.

If only she had had the chance to talk to him more. She'd only just learned he was one of them last night.

AbraPunk

Cosmic Guardian
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. luxio

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
Two role cops
[[There being two (and only in the game is confirmed by a hint already. The question is if the town has both.]]
[[Is that a Cop softclaim?]]
[[No we absolutely don't have two bloocy cops, and if i was one I'd' hae scanned one of my actual scumreads instead. I mean Hazel, in character, just found out he was an experiment.]]

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
[[Interesting! Is it at least part because they claimed they protected me? Does anyone else find that weird that they claimed to protect a 1/4 chance of lovers?

"Oh! Umm... so a lot of people were suspicious of him on the day we got rid of Porygon, right? So I thought maybe I should check him out! I found out he was doctor... and thought maybe I was wrong to suspect him? It made me want to be really careful. So I reread everything he said, and I remembered that everyone was really sure that healers can accidentally kill people in this game! It's really bad!"

She kicked at the snow, clearly still sore about how sure she'd been that there was no way healers could kill people. It was so stupid!

"If healers could kill people, then it would make sense for the bad guys to had one. And I was already pretty sure I knew who the good doctor was anyway. And then he just kept saying even more suspicious things and it made me even more nervous. Um, I can go find the things, if you want."

Homestar!

Mikeposter/Galaxy-Brainer
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. nidoqueen
[[No we absolutely don't have two bloocy cops, and if i was one I'd' hae scanned one of my actual scumreads instead. I mean Hazel, in character, just found out he was an experiment.]]
[[Damn a'ight, just checking lmao. Like I said: Homestar is bad at this game.]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[Even if Chibi is lying which I frankly massively doubt, our SK is dead, which means at max mafia can only get two night kills off the lovers.

So it'd be a silly trade since it'd mess up so much for scum and they're rolecop... especially since if Bart flipped innocent at worst we'd simply lose our doctor.

Thatsaid I guess we can only operate on the knowledge that they're a doctor, not who's doctor? But they were super sus the whole time, unless we somehow have two town doctors????

hm. I guess I'll wait and see what else Chibi offers.]]

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
Interesting! Is it at least part because they claimed they protected me? Does anyone else find that weird that they claimed to protect a 1/4 chance of lovers?
[[Y'know... At the time I thought nothing of that, figuring the only other claim was Bulletproof so that's probably what I'd have done as well as a doctor... but I didn't know about Heal Clash at the time. Looking back on that now... You'd be just as likely to kill a lover than you would be to save one. But... hhh... who doesn't that go for in a game with Heal Clash? Still gotta protect someone, I guess.]]

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
With the sun in her eyes, Reme awoke already sitting in the sand. She looked around to see the damage and... as she most feared... Anti was gone. A powerful asset to the town, gone... because of her and her goddamned Voice. "He never should have tried to defend me..." she muttered, tightening her fists.

But, what was done, is done. Reme had a debt to pay, and was very intent on paying it. Fortunately, it looked like everyone was already on the same page. Bartholomew was already being targeted for votes, or would be, so all the others had to do was find out who is actually suspect in all this.

What felt like the right thing to do was figure out who hasn't said anything regarding their role. If there were any "Vanilla town" left that didn't share any extra information, it would be best to bring that information to light. And any that didn't share their role or hinted at it, should probably be pressed as well...

But, even with her innocence proven, Reme didn't want to mess this up, nor did her Voice. Interrogation already wasn't easy, and with how easy it'd be to follow a red herring, Reme wanted to get some more information before interrogating someone...

She'd have to be more attentive about what everyone was saying...

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
[[So to clarify, when you thought both Kent and Homestar were bad, this was because you thought Mafia had a rolecop?

Who have you checked so far?]]

"Yeah! I thought the bad guys definitely would have one! It would be useful for them to have one! And Wes said there were only TWO, and I'm good, so I knew that if anyone else said they were one, I shouldn't trust them. And then Mike said he was one!! But then Mike was actually lying about that. And then some other stuff happened--he's really obviously not a bad guy." She glanced at Mike skeptically to show that she really didn't know what to think of him. But at least he wasn't bad.

"And then with Steven, I didn't notice he was saying he was a rolecop. Bart noticed it, and he told everyone. I still wasn't really sure though--maybe he was just regular cop. But then Anti turned out to be the regular cop! So Steven definitely was rolecop. And since I trust Wes, that means no bad rolecop!"

Attachments

• ebony-happ.png
    ebony-happ.png
    6.7 KB · Views: 1
  • ebony-concern.png
    ebony-concern.png
    5.8 KB · Views: 1

AbraPunk

Cosmic Guardian
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. luxio
Waves lapped at his feet. He didn't move, and the water soaked through his shoes.

Hollow eyes stared out across the ocean. Further than the horizon.

Kent noticed Mike... just sitting there, looking rather forlorn.

He hesitated before walking over to Mike, stopping just a few paces behind him.

"Hey," He said quietly. "You alright, there?"

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
[[Also, if we're taking two town rolecops as a given, (which I think would be kinda weird with so few scummy-looking roles, but not the weirdest thing in this setup,) I am also going to have to back off my suspicion that the Mafia probably doesn't have a doctor. They're gonna have something, after all.

Now, on the hint subject I didn't have time to bring up last day... I am noticing that Goat's hint, since the amount of dead vanillas and scum vanillas are both equally impossible for us to determine, is impossible to use to determine anything of value about anyone whatsoever, while also being impossible to verify as true by any means because a single unclaimed dead vanilla/non-vanilla can alter the result, and is also rendered entirely redundant by Espy's hint.]]

Top Bottom