• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[Town victory] Vanilla Mafia!

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
2 rolecops (according to Fuse; 1 was Steven prob
[[Correction: Yellow was the one that claimed 2 rolecops. Fuse's info was that there was an odd number of townies]]

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
buddy, you did say that, and I did say that there were two according to your say-so, yes.

2 rolecops (according to Fuse; 1 was Steven prob)

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
ah, I get it now. thanks.

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
[[Had me goin' there for a sec. I know I don't have a brain but i'm not that brainless to forget claiming somethin' like that]]

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
[[Had me goin' there for a sec. I know I don't have a brain but i'm not that brainless to forget claiming somethin' like that]]

Don't worry, I have no brain too.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Evening votes:

Altair: 11 (Windskull, Homestar, Equitial, Abra, Phant, Fusion, Flyg0n, Yellow, unrepentantAuthor, Dragonfree, Persephone)
Bartholomew: 1 (Chibi)

No vote: Sinderella, Inkedust, Espeon, Goat

Less than three hours remain.

Homestar!

Mikeposter/Galaxy-Brainer
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. nidoqueen
4 lovers (Clovis, Pixie, Wes, Kent), 2 rolecops (according to Fuse; 1 was Steven prob), 1 Cop (Wind), 1 Serial Killer/BP (Inke), 1 Bulletproof (Mike), 1 Doc (me).

[[I think one of our two lover pairs is lying, because if heal clash is in play we should have two docs (why else mention it?) and Mafia borderline needs to have a Juggernaut.

tl;dr: 2 Lovers (either Clovis/Pixie or Flyg0n/Abra), 2 RCs (rip Steven), 1 Cop (Wind), 1 SK (either Inke or an unknown), 1 BP (yoooo), 1 Juggernaut, 2 Docs (One is Equi)]]

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
I've heard it before, yes. The Pokemon of my world are... more sophisticated than those from human worlds. We also have those kinds of pokemon as well. Ferals, Wilds, Untamed, or Uncivilized... they all refer to the same group of pokemon lacking sapience.
"I'm from a human world. I didn't get any more intelligent when I arrived here, all I got was... a voice."

06_Sad.png "But... most of the other species in my world aren't like that. I think it's because I am an experiment. My teammates aren't like that... At least, I don't think they are, but it's hard to tell for sure when none of us can talk."

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
[[although the day is almost over I do want to get some thoughts out while I have a chance. Namely, I want to go back to the final votes of yesterday and put some thoughts on it. As well as who was on the pixie train but NOT the Porygon train. Interestingly, perhaps, is that if I didn't miss anything in my vote audit, there was only two people on the pixie train who didn't end up with a vote on pory at the end of the day: Equitial and Phant. Phant had unvoted pixie even before we knew about pixie being a lover, though, and was away from the game up until right around the eod. The only other thing of note from the pixie vote that I can pick out is that espy was both the last on the pixie train and the last on the Porygon train. I doubt it means much, but I felt it worth mentioning.

Anyways, let's look at the eod results in particular.
Mike: 2 (Persephone, Pano)
Clovis: 1 (Equitial)
Porygon: 9 (Chibi, Yellow, unrepentantAuthor, Flyg0n, Abra, Dragonfree, Sinderella, Inkedust, Espeon)
Hana: 1 (Homestar)
Sparkleglimmer: 1 (Windskull)

No vote: Goat, Bluwikoon, Fusion, Phant
Namely, that when it became obvious the vote wasn't going to change, I believe at least one mafia member voted for Porygon in hopes of flying under the radar. Conversely, I also believe that at least one mafia member did not vote for Porygon.

Additionaly, I think it's possible that at least one player passing as strong town is a mafia. Especially if we vote out

With that in mind, I want to look at those that did vote pory, and those that didn't.

First those that did, loosely in order of least to most suspicious to me..

unrepentantAuthor - currently my strongest town read. Has consistently been helpful and clear.

Chibi - Chibi's actions, as far as I can tell, have been in line with what I've seen in previous games. I feel pretty good.

Abra/Sind/Tetra/(Persephone) - more or less mechanically confirmed each other earlier today. Included Persephone even though she wasn't on the pory train bc she has the same reasoning in all the lovers.

Free/Yellow: both of these two have felt town to me. I don't really have any strong reasoning on free one way or the other beyond good logic posts. I do have a couple of hangups about how yellow introduced the fact that townies have information, but thats almost definitely coincidence. Yellow was the second person on the pory train and immediately jumped off the pixie train when she was exposed as lover.

Espeon: Was last on the pixie train, but also last on the pory train. I'm inclined to believe that it was because she was having trouble keeping up (and honestly who can blame her), but it also kind of came across as bandwagoning to me. So I'm a bit iffy. That said, she's had good reason to not be around so I'm a liiiitle hesitant to say that her inactivity makes her suspicious? But only slightly, she's still the most suspicious of the people on pory, imo, if you exclude Inke. Also her recent vanilla info has me scratching my head? Like, something is definitely off here. It also kind of doesn't help that it lines up verrry conveniently with Goat's info. (Equal number of power roles and vanilla means an even number of vanilla players. Their information corroborates each other.

Inke: Confirmed Anti town by me, confessed to being SK and as a result is either SK or mafia who was hoping we'd take the offer, but prooobably SK.

Now to look at the people that didn't vote pory, excluding pory themselves, and Persephone since I looped her in with the other lovers.

Pano: Confirmed town by death flip

Fuse: Confirmed town by me.

Phant: Has been playing in what feels like a very townie way, was on the pixie train but left it before it even came out that pixie was a lover.

Homestar: Homestar's takes and reads have been very confusing but read more like a new townie than a new mafia, imo. I wouldn't be against voting him out eventually if we ran out of good leads, but only at that point.

Goat: Very limited play, have basically nothing to go off of other than his townie claim. Cautious.

Equitial: Just gonna refer to my explanation to Persephone. Currently my lowest read but I hesitate to vote right now because possible doctor.

So, right now I suspect that there are at least 1, but probably two mafia between Espy, Equitial, and Goat. And that one of our town players is mafia as well.

This is probably my last post of the day outside of a quick rp reply. Buuut I think I have a pretty good idea of what circle of people to inspect within, tomorrow. So to close... if I don't survive to D3, and you guys decide to lynch one of Equita, Espy, and Goat, and they flip town, you miiight want to start reevaulating the people you have on your town read list. (And if I survive, depending on what result I get from my inspection, I will be too)]]

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
06_Sad.png "But... most of the other species in my world aren't like that. I think it's because I am an experiment. My teammates aren't like that... At least, I don't think they are, but it's hard to tell for sure when none of us can talk."

"That would explain it, your own origins. I would imagine humans would want to be able to communicate with whatever they create," Reme hummed, thoughtful. "It... feels insulting to refer to you as a creation or experiment, in all honesty."

Since she hadn't properly introduced herself to this fellow Pokemon, Reme gave a slight bow. "I am Reme, also. I think I heard your name was Hazel? Quite a nice name."

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
"You sound a lot like my friend. Well, except that he wasn't an experiment at all. Just an unwanted twin. But his mother is also very bad, so he doesn't want to be like her, either! I bet you two would get along..."
"He sounds cool, from what you've said about him."

"It's okay! You can be with us. We're all created by science! Join Team Experiments!"
Anti stood up just a bit straighter. The antenna on either side of his helmet visibly perked up, almost like excited puppy ears. "Wait, really, you mean that? That's awesome!" He was totally going to take her up on that offer. ...If he survived to tomorrow, at least.

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[Just saying, going off of Chibi’s posts and my earlier reasons against Bart, I’m preeeeetty dang sure that Bartholomew is the mafia doctor. And by that I mean like 99% sure. If this confuses you please read over Chibi’s posts regarding Bartholomew.

Also @Homestar! if one of our lovers is lying (which I have reason to doubt and I’m don’t really want to even entertain the idea rn because we have way more dangerous mafia to kill anyway), remember that Kent and Hana’s innocence was confirmed by Steven who was our cop or role cop. I don’t know how y’all keep forgetting this, lol. Kent and Hana are DEFINITELY innocent.

That said, I still believe Sind (and by default, Pixie) is innocent because she had some early newbie fumbles that I don’t think she would have made if she’d had mafia guiding her.]]

Homestar!

Mikeposter/Galaxy-Brainer
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. nidoqueen
remember that Kent and Hana’s innocence was confirmed by Steven who was our cop or role cop. I don’t know how y’all keep forgetting this, lol. Kent and Hana are DEFINITELY innocent.
[[Trufax. Will calibrate Susometer:tm: accordingly.]]

SparklingEspeon

Back on Her Bullshit
Staff
a Terrace of Indeterminate Location in Snowbelle
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. fennekin
  3. zoroark
[[I do remember having some doubts about Sind/Pixie on the first day -- mostly that their lover claim came out of the blue and seemed like a last-minute throw to deflect the votes off pixie. Which would make sense for lovers! But I distinctly remember thinking that it would be a perfect claim for mafia. They lost pory as an indirect result, but if Pixie and Sind are mafia, the lover claim grants them essential town immunity. All they would need to worry about is an SK kill punching a hole in their framework. It's very possible that those two are missing mafia roles, right there.]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[I do remember having some doubts about Sind/Pixie on the first day -- mostly that their lover claim came out of the blue and seemed like a last-minute throw to deflect the votes off pixie. Which would make sense for lovers! But I distinctly remember thinking that it would be a perfect claim for mafia. They lost pory as an indirect result, but if Pixie and Sind are mafia, the lover claim grants them essential town immunity. All they would need to worry about is an SK kill punching a hole in their framework. It's very possible that those two are missing mafia roles, right there.]]
[[This is true. And Pixie has been dang near impossible to read so far lol. But I’m PRETTY sure Sind is town just due to play style and, again, a handful of mistakes that a mafia newbie would be less likely to make.]]

Top Bottom