• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[Town victory] Vanilla Mafia!

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
[[Just coming in to say, as something not attached to any mechanical part of the game, we had people try and nitpick little things of people's posts like typos and the lack of detail before in the Anniversary game, which led to more than a few sour feelings. And even the game I was in before this, something similar happened, and while I believe things there got patched up, it still left a bitter taste in some people's mouths.

I get the name of the game is deductive reasoning and analyzing what and how we say things, but do consider the lives people have outside of the game before considering a typo as evidence, please.]]

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
[[...Huh, that's some interesting/unexpected information. Some of the possible mafia compositions we've been discussing would involve them only having one or two goons, but then we'd have too many vanilla claims by now, right?
ebony-happ.png "I've been thinking some of the 'vanilla' people aren't actually vanilla! But that's ok. If they actually have powers, they should keep on hiding so the bad guys don't find them! I think I know some of them who lied, but I won't say."

I don’t want to be petty by zeroing in on a typo, but I also don’t think we should overlook Anti’s use of “we” when referring to the mafia this game! I’m not sure think a townie would make this mistake?
"I think the Anti-guy is pretty suspicious too! And I thought that was weird too, so I checked--he was actually replying to Hana:

[[Hrg. We can have BP bad guys/??]]
ebony-concern.png "There's still lots of other weird stuff about him, but this isn't one of them, I don't think."

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
(even if I'm a bit annoyed by the "not contributing" thing. I don't have a lot of free time! I work 50-60 hours a week! So I don't always have time to type up long detailed posts )
[[I should probably clarify what I mean by the “not contributing” comment—because you have been posting fairly regularly! And I certainly don’t expect massive text walls from everyone—in fact, I appreciate it when people are fairly concise and to the point and only make long posts when necessary, because goodness knows my brain STRUGGLED to handle all the insanely long text walls last game.

What I mean by “not contributing” is that every statement you’ve made has been very neutral and you haven’t been particularly strongly leaning town in any arguments or statements. Which, if you are actually the town cop, makes sense. But you can’t blame me for noticing this and being a little suspicious of it.
[[Just coming in to say, as something not attached to any mechanical part of the game, we had people try and nitpick little things of people's posts like typos and the lack of detail before in the Anniversary game, which led to more than a few sour feelings. And even the game I was in before this, something similar happened, and while I believe things there got patched up, it still left a bitter taste in some people's mouths.

I get the name of the game is deductive reasoning and analyzing what and how we say things, but do consider the lives people have outside of the game before considering a typo as evidence, please.]]
All right, fair point. In fact I’m pretty sure a few people tunneled on me for either a typo or poor choice of words at some point or another, and yeah, it didn’t feel great. I don’t plan on focusing on this typo any further.
I think the Anti-guy is pretty suspicious too! And I thought that was weird too, so I checked--he was actually replying to Hana:

ebony-concern.png
"There's still lots of other weird stuff about him, but this isn't one of them, I don't think."
Ohhh. This…makes a lot more sense. Definitely doesn’t reflect well on Altair for quoting that out of context, but maybe he wasn’t fully aware of Hana’s wording when he quoted Anti. Either way, this makes more sense.

But YES, all the typo stuff aside, I still stand by my other reasons for not trusting Anti. And I hope nobody disregards my entire argument just because I mentioned the typo because I feel all my other reasons are at least sensible.]]

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
But YES, all the typo stuff aside, I still stand by my other reasons for not trusting Anti.
[[And that's 100% fair. If it was the other way around, I'd probably be suspicious of my claims too. I do want to at least briefly address them all in one place though, so that it's easy for me to point back to on the chance I survive to tomorrow. (Which I might. If the mafia thinks I look like an easy lynch, they might risk another one of their number getting caught in order to get a lover kill tonight.) I know if I was mafia I'd be considering it. Esp. if Inke really is SK and not mafia making a gambit. At this point I'm basically 100% sure she is because like. I honestly think a mafia - especially a small 4 member mafia, would be trying harder against things as best they could.

Anyways, to respond to the rest of your thought process.
First, I was suspicious of Bartholomew, as they were participating quite a bit without actually contributing anything.
I was looking back at when Equitial first put me hard town, and noted it was after some people were already getting suspicious of him. Free's post in particular interests me, because at that time she was already suspicous of me. In all honesty, the simplest answer is that we're both town or both scum, but it's also possible that Mafia!Equitial is putting someone that's looking neutral at hard town to make them look worse if they flip. I reallly think this is a stretch, but I wanted to voice the possibility.

As for not contributing. And this is going to sound flimsy as hell, it really mostly boils down to me being at wrok and not being ablet o post thoughts, and the thoughts I had getting pointed out before I had a chance to post.

Quoting Altair here—Anti claimed they didn’t want to vote for an inactive/less active player, and then proceeded to…vote for an inactive player.
Yeah, I'll take the L here and say my reasoning for doing so was weak. I can't deny that it looks bad when I was already null on a lot of people's reads. But I stand by my statement that it was a hasty decision at the end of my lunch break. I feel like the only other reason I went espy was because I didn't feel comfortable with this post here: and picked her in a rush. But yeah. Can't deny that it doesn't look good for me.

The timing of Anti’s claim was interesting. For one, even before this claim and before I voiced my suspicions of Reme more clearly,
And the timing of my claim also goes back to the fact that I was at work and also had to decide whether to just be open immediately, or try to hide being cop a while longer without getting night killed.

I alllso just want to briefly note that there were some things I avoided responding to on D1 specifically because of not knowing how to do so without hinting at being a power role/the cop. For example:
Wind asks Fuze to say if he go any 'additional' information with his role. Hm. Odd to ask if he got 'info' if he already said he was vanilla.
I initially never replied to this - even though I wanted to - because I couldn't think of a good way to do so without heavily implying that I had a power role. Of course, could easily be mafia performance on my part, I guess?

Anyways, I'm not feeling good and I have work in the morning. Gonna do a quick rp response to hazel from a while back then I'm headed to bed. May or may not be back at EoD due to a combination of work and some other irl stuff. Will give an update later.]]

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
[[Vote Altair]]
Midday votes:

No vote: unrepentantAuthor

[[Bruh]]

[[There are an even number of vanilla mafia and vanilla town total. That’s what the hint said.]]

[[Fascinating. Not sure this helps us. At first I assumed it meant that each faction's vanilla count was equal, but that's definitely bullshit, it must mean there's an even number of vanillas total. Ah, well. Might come in handy later. What about you, @SparklingEspeon?]]

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
"You're sorta human? Are you... an experiment?"
He nodded. And though his scarf hid it, he gave Hazel a slight smile. "Something like that. More like..." He brought his hands up in front of him, twisting them back and forth, as if putting turning something in his hands. "More like the unexpected byproduct of one. I could try to explain it but... it probably be a long story." Although... maybe he could put some twists on it and make it sound cooler. "Lets just say my dad is like. A cartoonishly evil scientist that gets up to some weird experiments. But I'll never be like him."
"That would be very helpful. It does feel like a lot to ask but my Voice is absentminded whenever he has his mind, and finding everything is difficult for him," Reme nodded. Reme then punched herself in the side and fell to her knees, due to a force that long since waited to enact justice upon her.
Anti clicked his tongue sympathetically. "You okay? Does your write- your Voice inexplicably cause you problems on purpose, too?"

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
[Fascinating. Not sure this helps us. At first I assumed it meant that each faction's vanilla count was equal, but that's definitely bullshit, it must mean there's an even number of vanillas total.
[[Ooooh that makes a lot more sense than how I was interpreting it lol.]]

SparklingEspeon

Back on Her Bullshit
Staff
a Terrace of Indeterminate Location in Snowbelle
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. fennekin
  3. zoroark
[[Fascinating. Not sure this helps us. At first I assumed it meant that each faction's vanilla count was equal, but that's definitely bullshit, it must mean there's an even number of vanillas total. Ah, well. Might come in handy later. What about you, @SparklingEspeon?]]
[[I'm slow on the take and will get back to you tomorrow -- what do you want?]]

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
[[Just finished reading up, and honestly...hard confused lol. Full agree that claimed SK needs to go, but I have also grown suspicious of Anti. I need to sleep on it, maybe see if more batshit nonsense happens in the last four hours again. For now, Clovis is gonna act like a child.]]

[[TWO PLAYERS ARE HELPING TRAP KENT IN A SNOWCUBE: THREE MORE REQUIRED FOR MAXIMUM CHICANERY]]

Waking up from his cryogenic freeze, thanks to his madlad of a supreme overord, Clovis decided that if he couldn't find any ice to skate on (also because he didn't have his skates, and that made him sad), he would at least try to engage in other snow activities...like building a snowman on that weird Pokemon's cube? What?

He walked over just in time to watch Mike pack more snow onto the snowman's ass. It...made him snicker. Fucking ridiculous. He wanted in.

"I don't think that snowman's rear is quite..." he paused, to consider the word. "How you say...'dummy thicc?'" he said, adding air quotes for emphasis. Lords, those words sounded weird on his accent.

"Needs a little more weight. In the hips too." He'd been around enough plastic socialites to know how this was supposed to look, and he was willing to help. He scooped up some snow and began to fill out the snow figures hips with it. "I'll try not to mess up your handiwork while I'm at it."

Homestar!

Mikeposter/Galaxy-Brainer
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. nidoqueen
He walked over just in time to watch Mike pack more snow onto the snowman's ass. It...made him snicker. Fucking ridiculous. He wanted in.

"I don't think that snowman's rear is quite..." he paused, to consider the word. "How you say...'dummy thicc?'" he said, adding air quotes for emphasis. Lords, those words sounded weird on his accent.

"What do you mean 'how you say,' you said it just fine," Mike chided. He stepped back to admire the handywork.

"Needs a little more weight. In the hips too." He'd been around enough plastic socialites to know how this was supposed to look, and he was willing to help. He scooped up some snow and began to fill out the snow figures hips with it. "I'll try not to mess up your handiwork while I'm at it."

"As the former owner of an absolute dumptruck ass..." Mike looked over the hips, brushing a little off of the top of one side. "There. I approve. Como se dice, muy fuckin' bien."

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
[[I'm slow on the take and will get back to you tomorrow -- what do you want?]]
[[Just thinking that if you're vanilla town and unlikely to catch anyone in a lie by keeping the info to yourself (due to being less active) you may as well share the info.]]

Homestar!

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. nidoqueen
[[Just thinking that if you're vanilla town and unlikely to catch anyone in a lie by keeping the info to yourself (due to being less active) you may as well share the info.]]
[[Hhhhh this is making my susometer go off.

Oh also:

THREE PLAYERS ARE HARASSING THE CUBE. WE REQUIRE TWO MORE PLAYERS FOR... UH... IDK, I GUESS IT'S FUNNY AND BECAUSE I SAY SO.]]

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
[[Oh no, your susometer? I think it might need calibration. So, why am I wrong to ask for the info? I understand that keeping info under wraps can be in Town's best interests, I argued for that before now plenty of times, but if Espy is unable to effectively participate (she just got her 2nd covid jab, so, no she isn't) then the info is more useful if known, yes?]]

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
[[I suppose obfuscating whether Espy is vanilla helps protect our remaining power roles, but I doubt that she's an inforole based on her posting and heal clash is in play so I'm not too worried about that in this case.]]

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
[[Back. Seems like people are moving on Bart, but I have a nasty headache and this is a long game. Can someone fill me in on why?]]
[[A fair amount of content w/o contributing. And imo doesn't line up with the townplay of the game I played with them in fall 2020. He also said he had a migraine the other day tho so I can kinda excuse it? He's still been relatively quiet overall since. Is currently claiming town doctor. Other people can throw in more reasons if they want.]]

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
[[After puzzling over it for a bit, I've just realised why Chibi is so certain Mafia Doctor might be part of this game's config, and I think I agree that it's plausible.]]

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
He nodded. And though his scarf hid it, he gave Hazel a slight smile. "Something like that. More like..." He brought his hands up in front of him, twisting them back and forth, as if putting turning something in his hands. "More like the unexpected byproduct of one. I could try to explain it but... it probably be a long story." Although... maybe he could put some twists on it and make it sound cooler. "Lets just say my dad is like. A cartoonishly evil scientist that gets up to some weird experiments. But I'll never be like him."
It sounded to Hazel like Anti was an experiment in all the ways that mattered. "You sound a lot like my friend. Well, except that he wasn't an experiment at all. Just an unwanted twin. But his mother is also very bad, so he doesn't want to be like her, either! I bet you two would get along..."

With her major decision of the day made, Hazel's mind began to wander. There was something about Salem that had been on her mind lately...

"Salem," she asked, "What was it like, becoming... more human? The people with the logo, they did that to you. What was it like?"

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
Hhhhh this is making my susometer go off.
“At this point, I don’t find it suspicious to ask for more clarification, especially since they’ve been…” he shot a side ways glance at the Sylveon, “so quiet this whole time.”

Homestar!

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. nidoqueen
“At this point, I don’t find it suspicious to ask for more clarification, especially since they’ve been…” he shot a side ways glance at the Sylveon, “so quiet this whole time.”
[[Yeah it was very late and I was very tired lmao]]

Top Bottom