• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[Town victory] Vanilla Mafia!

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"Thank you for clarifying as much as you can, Diyem," Reme said with a polite, short bow, before turning back to Mike and the snowman.

"I'm not the best snowman maker, but I don't think it's that hard," she said, picking up snow and patting it down on the snowman. It fell right off, bringing more snow with it. "Goddamnit..."

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
[[Don't get me wrong, I do almost definitely intend to vote for Altair unless I unearth some earth-shattering bombshell as I continue to go through the day's posts, but I don't believe I've actually done so yet?]]

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"I don't think any of us... really have, or can. Unless we feel like interrogating Bartholomew today as well, I don't think we really have any threads to pull that would lead us anywhere substantial," Reme said with a shrug. "I would love to be wrong, though. Feels like a waste to the day to just do nothing for half of it."

Although, it was kinda fun trying and failing to help Mike build his snowman. Except for when more snow fell. Then it was a pain in the ass.

Homestar!

Mikeposter/Galaxy-Brainer
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. nidoqueen
"Thank you for clarifying as much as you can, Diyem," Reme said with a polite, short bow, before turning back to Mike and the snowman.

"I'm not the best snowman maker, but I don't think it's that hard," she said, picking up snow and patting it down on the snowman. It fell right off, bringing more snow with it. "Goddamnit..."
"He's supposed to be dummy thicc, Reme!" Mike scooped up the snowman's ass from where it had fallen. He patted the cheek back into place, finessing a wonderful cleft into its top.

Homestar!

Mikeposter/Galaxy-Brainer
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. nidoqueen
[[TWO PLAYERS ARE HELPING TRAP KENT IN A SNOWCUBE: THREE MORE REQUIRED FOR MAXIMUM CHICANERY]]

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"..." Reme facepalmed, shaking her head and chuckling. "Even the humans here can be as crass as the ones back home, I swear to Arceus..."

SparklingEspeon

Back on Her Bullshit
Staff
a Terrace of Indeterminate Location in Snowbelle
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. fennekin
  3. zoroark
Also can we get @SparklingEspeon ’s thoughts on any of this? I’ve seen like maybe five posts from them total.]]
[[Blegh, my covid shot steamrolled me today and I was out all day yesterday, so I've not been able to do much of anything. But having skimmed over the thread to the best of my abilities... I don't really know if it's in our best interests to lynch Anti/Wind. Because like, sure, they might be mafia, but if we kill them and they flip innocent.... that's our cop. Feels too risky to me IMO. I feel like it's better to lynch Altair tbh -- the way I see it, if we lynch Altair and Inke flips innocent, then we know Wind is probably mafia. (though that's a really weird and risky play tbh.) But if Inke flips SK/Mafia, then that would go a long way in mechanically confirming cop. There is, I suppose, the possibility that Wind is mafia rolecop, analyzed Inke, got SK, and is using this as an opportunity to mechanically "confirm" themselves as town cop, but even if that is the case it's far riskier to risk taking out our cop than it is to lynch a player who is shady no matter how you cut it. Just my two cents.]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[Can I just say that if Altair flips SK and Anti is still alive the next day, can we please give more consideration to Altair’s original claim/accusation of Anti being mafia? I just…idk. I’m not sure what to make of all this but I’m still really suspicious of them.]]

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Reme kept her gaze on the... eccentric snowman Mike was making, but addressed the Voice above Wes. "Are you still suspicious of Anti simply because they came to my defense? If not, I would like to hear what other things about them are suspect. Otherwise, I'd have to ask how one player coming to clear another player is suspect. It isn't like they weren't aware of the suspicious light I gained the previous day, yet they tried to defend me almost without hesitation."

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"That would be like seeing a someone holding a bomb, saying you don't want to be blown up, but helping them carry it anyway. Or, in other words, and immediately bad play."

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
Reme kept her gaze on the... eccentric snowman Mike was making, but addressed the Voice above Wes. "Are you still suspicious of Anti simply because they came to my defense? If not, I would like to hear what other things about them are suspect. Otherwise, I'd have to ask how one player coming to clear another player is suspect. It isn't like they weren't aware of the suspicious light I gained the previous day, yet they tried to defend me almost without hesitation."
[[I feel like I’ve listed out my suspicions SO many times :ROFLMAO: but I’ll work on a long post explaining my logic. My suspicions of several people are kind of linked. Give me a bit.]]

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
[[I feel like I’ve listed out my suspicions SO many times :ROFLMAO: but I’ll work on a long post explaining my logic. My suspicions of several people are kind of linked. Give me a bit.]]

"That would be very helpful. It does feel like a lot to ask but my Voice is absentminded whenever he has his mind, and finding everything is difficult for him," Reme nodded. Reme then punched herself in the side and fell to her knees, due to a force that long since waited to enact justice upon her. A note miraculously fell on the ground before her, which read:

A bitch said:
I was a long time comin'

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[Forgive me for doing more OOC, I don’t have the energy for RP today. 😔

[[HARD agree with the analysis here. My suspicions of Bart are linked to my suspicions of Anti and Reme as well:

Bart was bandwagoning HARD yesterday and was still pressing against Clovis, only changing their vote and getting off your back after it was clear town wasn’t going to go for it.

They have also, unprompted and kind of out of the blue, stated that Anti/Windskull is “definitely town” but had no solid reasoning for it, which makes me sus of Anti as well. Anti has been extremely neutral and I couldn’t get a solid read after going through their posts, so it was odd to me that Bart vouched for them so strongly.

Reme is high on my sus list for multiple reasons: for one, she was most hesitant to vote Pory yesterday. When we discussed a tie between Clovis or Kent, she said we should not push for an extension—but once Pory was on the line, she did everything she could to push for an extension, even offering herself to be voted on. Since Pory flipped scum, this is very sus to me.]]
First, I was suspicious of Bartholomew, as they were participating quite a bit without actually contributing anything. Then, out of the blue, they vouched for Anti, despite the fact that Anti was barely present and nobody was voicing suspicion of them. Anti was on nearly everyone’s “null/neutral” reads, yet Bart went out of their way to place them high on town reads and/or vouch for their innocence twice, which was odd to me. Since I was already suspicious of Bart, seeing them vouch for Anti made me lightly sus of Anti by default.
Minor sus on Anti-Bravoman due to not wanting to lynch someone not very present in the thread, only to vote for someone who wasn't very present in the thread.
Quoting Altair here—Anti claimed they didn’t want to vote for an inactive/less active player, and then proceeded to…vote for an inactive player.
[[oskxmaoxhs ocj okay. OKAY.

I have to go to bed and I have a very busy day tomorrow so I might not be able to post much, so I’m gonna throw my thoughts here.

I trust Altair.

He was the first to put pressure on Pory and Bart. We know Pory was mafia, and Bart almost CERTAINLY is.

Ive been highly sus of Reme AND Anti for reasons stated earlier. Most of my sus of Anti was due to the low-key play style, the not voting for Pory, and the fact that Bart went out of their way to put Anti as a townread despite almost no evidence indicating so. My reasons against Reme have already been said.

It’s terribly ironic that, as we all start to focus on Bart, Anti comes out of the woodwork to not only direct our attention away from them, but to point all fingers at Altair and clear Reme’s name at the same time. It’s way too convenient.

Altair’s BP claim really confused me, but now that they’ve claimed SK it all makes sense and it aligns with my reads.

Reme, Bart and Anti are all mafia.

TRUST ALTAIR, YOU GUYS.]]
The timing of Anti’s claim was interesting. For one, even before this claim and before I voiced my suspicions of Reme more clearly, I was already giving Reme the side-eye because she has also been decently neutral in her stances and posts, she was originally against an extension or creating a tie with votes, but as soon as Pory was about to be lynched she did everything she could to avoid the lunch. And then Pory flipped mafia. I start out D2 immediately voicing my suspicions and pointing out this pattern, and then Anti suddenly claims role cop or cop with proof of Reme’s innocence, which just seemed awfully convenient to me.

Hopefully this all makes sense. The way I see it, it appears as though Reme, Bart and Anti are all supporting each other. Not to mention: (Click on the blurb below for it to take you to Altair’s message, as he is quoting Anti here so the whole quote isn’t showing in my post)

Also small OOC note (in response to anti-town factions having Bulletproof):
I'm going to be charitable and assume that this is a typo but uhhh... not a good look.]]

I don’t want to be petty by zeroing in on a typo, but I also don’t think we should overlook Anti’s use of “we” when referring to the mafia this game! I’m not sure think a townie would make this mistake?

Last but not least, I know I’ve been hesitant to trust Chibi until today, but after reviewing my notes I trust them much, much more, especially after remembering that they lead (led?) the vote train on Porygon. Also, Chibi has hinted at some useful things, and above all, is notorious for how good they are at scumhunting, and I believe they’ve also voiced some vague suspicions of Anti? I could be wrong there, it’s been a busy day so I might have missed a comment here or there—someone please correct me if I’m wrong, but that’s what I’m remembering right now.

Also, it’s kind of convenient for Anti to claim town cop after Steven is gone so Steven can’t even clarify the truth or not. You say it’s risky for scum to oust their role cop, but if mafia can get us to lynch the SK, who do they have to fear at night? And claiming town cop is smart because it makes the rest of town too hesitant to lynch them in the day—understandably so! Idk I just think this could very well be a mafia play.

HOWEVER, I’m willing to give Anti the benefit of the doubt for today. But yes, I’m suspicious, I don’t trust him, and I feel like I have good reasons for this.]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[TLDR: Was initially sus of Bart. Was side-eying Anti and Reme due to neutral/low-key participation. Bart vouches for Anti twice, thus heightening my suspicions of Anti. Anti claims town cop at a very convenient time for mafia and in another convenient mafia play to lynch SK. Anti also uses this claim to prove Reme’s innocence, which heightens my suspicions of Reme. Hopefully this train of thought makes sense to everyone.]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
but as soon as Pory was about to be lynched she did everything she could to avoid the lunch.

The pain of hitting herself started to subside, and she stood back up, clearing her throat. "Everything else is sound, I can see where you're coming from, but I want to again state that I didn't try to push for an extension until other people were clamoring about whether or not we needed it. I figured, since everything was confusing and metaphorically on fire, that we could have used the extra hour to sort everything out and hopefully bring the atmosphere to a calmer place."

"And I didn't do everything in my power, as I could have voted someone else myself. I instead insisted someone else vote me so I don't try to enforce an extension if the others, despite the hectic calamity that was all of the Voices screaming and yelling at each other, really wanted an extension or not. In fact, it wasn't until everyone was wondering who to vote for that I put myself out there the most.

[[We caaaaan still push for an extension if we all vote for somebody who doesn't currently have any votes...]]
[[Don’t think we have enough time :(]]

[[Put these two together since Yellow had quoted Free]]

"Hm, in that case, should we not vote for someone else? I don't want to say the duck in the box isn't suspect, but they've barely been around to defend themself, and there are other people here who haven't said anything that we could also vote out," Reme suggested. "It... almost doesn't seem fair to vote them out now. I almost would have preferred if they hadn't... pitched in so late into this bandwagon." She glanced at the Poryfriend for a moment, then shivered. "Poor thing..."

"This, somehow I know what I am referring to, but this was my first message after the duck was being voted on. I didn't show a frantic need to get them un voted or an attempt to save them. I was blatant and outright with my motives, whether you can believe me or not, and no other post I make after this is in defense of the Duck in a way that I would personally see should see suspicion. You'll have to forgive me feeling bad for the artificial intelligence." Reme shrugged, rubbing her side. "If it is still suspect, then so be it. I don't know how to convince you otherwise."

She sat down next to her campfire, drinking the last of the choco from her cup. "I honestly don't have much else to say on the matter, even after looking back at the... what my Voice says was the last twenty minutes of the day. It was all hectic and confusing, and we both understand if the search for any information when we started the game out the way we did will make anything and everything potentially suspect grow so much more suspicion... especially after the actually was part of the Mafia."

"But I'm not going to hide the fact that I care about those around me and what I believe would be fair to them, and neither will my Voice. The duck barely spoke that day, and came back to chaos and a bandwagon that they had no chance in deterring."

I don’t want to be petty by zeroing in on a typo, but I also don’t think we should overlook Anti’s use of “we” when referring to the mafia this game! I’m not sure think a townie would make this mistake?

Reme rolled her eyes. "This feels like a nitpick if anything..."

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
[[Ok. I'm legit annoyed about this. Like. I can 100% all your other reasoning (even if I'm a bit annoyed by the "not contributing" thing. I don't have a lot of free time! I work 50-60 hours a week! So I don't always have time to type up long detailed posts )

But it's the typo that frustrates me. A typo that wasn't poked at until 2 hours after I made it, when I first said not to trust inke. Is it really that hard to believe that I had a quick post and didn't catch that my phone autocorrected something?]]

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
[[And it was within this time I have to ask...

Did Namo say that it had to be one vote on someone who didn't have any votes to enforce the Extension? Or the majority of votes on someone who didn't have any votes?]]

Top Bottom