• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[Town victory] Vanilla Mafia!

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"You and me both..." Reme muttered, still hiding behind her scarf. "This is... an outlier of snowmen, I assure you."

Homestar!

Mikeposter/Galaxy-Brainer
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. nidoqueen
“Snowman,” Clovis replied. He narrowed his eyes thoughtfully. “Or more of a snow…” he looked tentatively at Mike. “Thicc man?” He said, clearly hesitant. “Did I say that right?”
"Yeah," Mike smiled, "with, like, three 'C's."

“You know, all the nonsense you spout is quite funny. You should be a comedian.”
"Thanks!" Mike smiled, pushing himself back up from his squat. "Honestly, it's this character I've been working on. I, uh, I dunno what professional training is like in your... dimension? World?" He shrugged. "But I'm trying to break into the pro circuit, and there's so much pageantry." He circled his creation. The front --- especially the weird head --- needed work. He took his sock back, leaned against the cube, and popped off the corresponding boot.

"Everyone's got a thing they do," he elaborated, re-socking his foot. "Some are actors, some are musicians, most pros also do something in entertainment. A few, gym leaders mostly, are a little more mundane. Or they pursue hobbies, and roll it into your persona." He took a moment to pick out the knot on his hiking boot.

"My friend Scott was in law enforcement and he hates that character shit," Mike smirked, lacing up his boot. "He's brilliant. Fantastic battler, wonderful tactician, puts in the work, but he's barely sponsored by anyone. He's a lot better than I am, but you know who doesn't have side gigs?"

Mike poked his chest with his thumb, smiling ear to ear. "The Loser doesn't have side gigs. Full-time semi-pro right here, baby."

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Thank god the conversation had shifted. For Reme's sake. She took a moment to recompose herself, then moved her scarf from her face. It was almost like she wasn't a red, embarrassed mess moments prior.

"If I recall, trainers live with Pokemon and battle alongside them, right? Something along those lines?" she asked, but continued on. "It sounds like a tasking profession, but not entirely different from guildwork and professional heroism of my world, even down to the sponsorship side of things."

"In all honesty, you are entertaining to be around, so you're on the right track with your character, as you called it," Reme nodded, smiling. "Despite your crassness and rash behavior of yesterday, I had a sense you were somewhat competent. So being a semi-pro suits you perfectly."

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
"Clovis why do you have to make this even worse for me," Reme whined. Clovis sounded so innocent and pure and he was saying this? "I just wanted to build a snowman, why must this be so... incorrectly charged?"
“In all my twenty seven years of living, I have never heard the word ‘thicc’ before. I’m just trying to make sure I’m using it right.”

He balled some snow in his hand. “Is it, like…a compliment for full-figured people? Like…” he wondered if he should even ask this. Chances are he’d never see these people again, so maybe he could live through this embarrassment.

“Say I was flirting with a full-figured woman, would I call her ‘thicc’ to indicate my interest?”

“I grew up in the desert, what do you exp—” Ah, wait. Clovis wouldn’t know that. Wes grimaced and rubbed the back of his head. He didn’t like feeling so out of his element here. “Sorry. Never seen…that before, no.” He glanced back at the statue. “Kind of wish I’d gone longer without seeing it, to be honest.”
He nodded in understanding. That made a lot of sense, actually.

“Ah, I apologize then. This is your first time in snow, I assume then. Fun!” He said. “Granted the circumstances suck, and there’s no cabin or ski lodge to escape into…” he trailed off, realizing his posh rich boy was showing. He needed to shut up.

“Snow is great in the right circumstances. Skating is the best. So is snowman building…of course, maybe when it’s a tad more simple.”

Homestar!

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. nidoqueen
Thank god the conversation had shifted. For Reme's sake. She took a moment to recompose herself, then moved her scarf from her face. It was almost like she wasn't a red, embarrassed mess moments prior.

"If I recall, trainers live with Pokemon and battle alongside them, right? Something along those lines?" she asked, but continued on. "It sounds like a tasking profession, but not entirely different from guildwork and professional heroism of my world, even down to the sponsorship side of things."

"They do," Mike hesitated, "but, if I am being completely honest, every single pokemon here seems to be more clever than even the brightest of them back home. You're all..." Mike stopped, as he knew instantly he was on precarious ground. He studied Reme quietly for a moment. He knew of Psychic types that smart; she wasn't really an outlier.

But then he remembered the Lucario from a few days ago. Lucario were clever, sure, but to see one exhibit such human tendencies and reactions was jarring.

Even the little Vulpix here seemed just as smart as Robin, in her own way.

"In all honesty, you are entertaining to be around, so you're on the right track with your character, as you called it," Reme nodded, smiling. "Despite your crassness and rash behavior of yesterday, I had a sense you were somewhat competent. So being a semi-pro suits you perfectly."

"D'aww, shucks," Mike kicked a little snow in front of him, "thanks, Reme. And if I may, you---"

He balled some snow in his hand. “Is it, like…a compliment for full-figured people? Like…” he wondered if he should even ask this. Chances are he’d never see these people again, so maybe he could live through this embarrassment.

“Say I was flirting with a full-figured woman, would I call her ‘thicc’ to indicate my interest?”

Mike resisted the intense urge to mike. He snorted, coughed, almost unable to keep the idea in his head as opposed to spilling from his mouth. He ultimately decided that, despite the cockamamie nature in which he usually carried himself, that lying was a terrible option here.

"Situationally," Mike stressed, "it is a compliment, yes. However, it's one you would say between friends. Not really to the target of your, ah, interests. It's crass. Very crass."

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
"Thanks!" Mike smiled, pushing himself back up from his squat. "Honestly, it's this character I've been working on. I, uh, I dunno what professional training is like in your... dimension? World?" He shrugged. "But I'm trying to break into the pro circuit, and there's so much pageantry." He circled his creation. The front --- especially the weird head --- needed work. He took his sock back, leaned against the cube, and popped off the corresponding boot.

"Everyone's got a thing they do," he elaborated, re-socking his foot. "Some are actors, some are musicians, most pros also do something in entertainment. A few, gym leaders mostly, are a little more mundane. Or they pursue hobbies, and roll it into your persona." He took a moment to pick out the knot on his hiking boot.

"My friend Scott was in law enforcement and he hates that character shit," Mike smirked, lacing up his boot. "He's brilliant. Fantastic battler, wonderful tactician, puts in the work, but he's barely sponsored by anyone. He's a lot better than I am, but you know who doesn't have side gigs?"

Mike poked his chest with his thumb, smiling ear to ear. "The Loser doesn't have side gigs. Full-time semi-pro right here, baby."
Clovis nodded along with the explanation. “Honestly, that sounds about right on par with how it is in my world. A lot of Elite 4 members, champions, and even gym leaders become renowned for other things besides battling. The champion of my region is a famous actress, to give one example. They become famous for battling, get sponsorships, and most end up breaking into another industry. Insanely common for those so high in the circuit.”

He raised his brows again, seeming impressed with Mike’s reveal. “Semi-pro, huh? Good for you, that’s some great stuff. Fingers crossed you step into full-pro sooner rather than later, hm?”

He did laugh a little at his self proclaimed nickname though. “But…why call yourself a Loser? Is there a story behind that?”

He sighed. “I did all my battles at the ice rink while I was working up to be an Olympian,” he revealed. “But, daddy said I was better off focusing on my math, and being an engineer. So now I work in a lab. Among other things.” He huffed. “Wish I’d stuck it out.”

AbraPunk

Cosmic Guardian
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. luxio
[[ :sleep: ]]

Kent, by this point, had been asleep for quite some time.

And, unfortunately, it seemed very likely he would remain asleep.

[[ just my way of saying I won't have much time to be IC-posting for the rest of the day phase. ]]

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
Mike resisted the intense urge to mike. He snorted, coughed, almost unable to keep the idea in his head as opposed to spilling from his mouth. He ultimately decided that, despite the cockamamie nature in which he usually carried himself, that lying was a terrible option here.

"Situationally," Mike stressed, "it is a compliment, yes. However, it's one you would say between friends. Not really to the target of your, ah, interests. It's crass. Very crass."
He nodded in understanding. Good, this was good information. He supposed in some way, shape, or form, he’d built up a sort of bantering repertoire with Odette, but he definitely didn’t want to come off as crass, no way.

“Hm, okay,” he said thoughtfully. “Since you seem to know a thing or two, how would you go about indicating interest without being crass? I have the banter down, I’m just…clueless beyond that.”

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"They do," Mike hesitated, "but, if I am being completely honest, every single pokemon here seems to be more clever than even the brightest of them back home. You're all..." Mike stopped, as he knew instantly he was on precarious ground.

Reme chuckled lightly. "I've heard it before, yes. The Pokemon of my world are... more sophisticated than those from human worlds. We also have those kinds of pokemon as well. Ferals, Wilds, Untamed, or Uncivilized... they all refer to the same group of pokemon lacking sapience."

Mike using his best efforts to not try and convince Clovis that Thicc is the most lavished and luxurious compliment one could give a girl was a godsend. Reme could not, in good conscious, leave anyone with that kind of thought, and it was reassuring to see Mike think the same. Reme patted the wider human on his shoulder. "Good job keeping yourself contained."

He sighed. “I did all my battles at the ice rink while I was working up to be an Olympian,” he revealed. “But, daddy said I was better off focusing on my math, and being an engineer. So now I work in a lab. Among other things.” He huffed. “Wish I’d stuck it out.”

"If I were to suggest anything, I would say to do both. The scientist, engineers, teachers, what have you of my world are all also a part of the Guild as I. Most are respected fighters among the masses and exceptional workers in their fields," Reme said, nodding. "I... will admit, I don't know when a human is past their prime, but twenty-seven should be far from it. You still have time to pursue becoming a trainer, I believe."

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
“Hm, okay,” he said thoughtfully. “Since you seem to know a thing or two, how would you go about indicating interest without being crass? I have the banter down, I’m just…clueless beyond that.”

Reme held her elbows, humming. "Simply complimenting someone could suffice, and other kind gestures. Buying them gifts or food from time to time, spending time with them and learning their interests... Those are all things my own beloved did and still does for me."

Homestar!

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. nidoqueen
He raised his brows again, seeming impressed with Mike’s reveal. “Semi-pro, huh? Good for you, that’s some great stuff. Fingers crossed you step into full-pro sooner rather than later, hm?”
Mike crossed his freezing fingers with a grin, then shoved them back under his arms.

He did laugh a little at his self proclaimed nickname though. “But…why call yourself a Loser? Is there a story behind that?”
He barked out a laugh. "Ohhhh yeah, and a long one. The 'short,'" he quoted in the air, "version is: I was just getting on people's radar, got my first sponsorship, lost a televised match, and had a total meltdown." Mike sucked his teeth, not excited to be reliving it. "I mean, like... I just wept. I did a spectacular job, in retrospect. Clay was really on the ropes. But I had just been through a break-up, and I really needed a win, and..."

He heaved a sigh.

"So everyone sees me weeping on live TV. That's an overnight sensation. Then they find my social media, and it's all pics and vids about me losing weight. At that time, I was plateuing at about a hundred pounds down. And out of nowhere, someone starts a hashtag. 'The Loser.' And that goes borderline viral.

"I took a few months off, got my head straight, saw a shrink, got some medicine, and when I come back, that's what everyone starts calling me. And I could never shake it. I tried on a few different personas, most of them comedic anyways, and then I realized: Mike, you idiot, you are 'The Loser.'" Mike put his hands to his temples and, with a little 'explosion sound,' made a show of blowing his own mind.

"Mistakes into miracles, y'know? I just start being ridiculous. I have fun, I own the name, I lean into it. Sponsors and crowds have been eating me up ever since."

Homestar!

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. nidoqueen
Reme patted the wider human on his shoulder. "Good job keeping yourself contained."
"I've decided that I can make an ass out of myself, but I oughta stop ruining other people's days," Mike replied. "If I hadn't fucked up that gambit, I totally would have agreed with him."

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Reme chuckled, shaking her head. "What's done is done, there's no real need to keep beating yourself up over all that. Although, yes, this self awareness of yours would have been nice yesterday. But it's better to come late than never, you could have been borderline insufferable if you and Kent kept at each other and never let up."

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
"If I were to suggest anything, I would say to do both. The scientist, engineers, teachers, what have you of my world are all also a part of the Guild as I. Most are respected fighters among the masses and exceptional workers in their fields," Reme said, nodding. "I... will admit, I don't know when a human is past their prime, but twenty-seven should be far from it. You still have time to pursue becoming a trainer, I believe."
He’d be lying if he said he didn’t consider that. Plenty of skaters in his circuit did things on the side, were studying to be doctors, Pokemon professors, the like…he could have done it, he knew that for sure.

But, father was father. He made it seem like his word was law. And given the mess they were caught up in now…well, he barely even had enough time to practice on his off days.

He offered a small chuckle. “Twenty-seven is barely prime, that’s for sure,” he said. “And you’re right. I’m sure I have time.”

He rolled his head, until his neck cracked. That was some solid relief for the moment. “But at the moment, perhaps not. I’ve got a lot on my plate.”

Reme held her elbows, humming. "Simply complimenting someone could suffice, and other kind gestures. Buying them gifts or food from time to time, spending time with them and learning their interests... Those are all things my own beloved did and still does for me."
He blinked rapidly, considering the words. “Buying them gifts…” he repeated. “I have money up the ass,” he said. “I wonder if she’d like another motorcycle…”

No, no. That was coming on too strong.

“Actually, no. That’s more of a…longtime dating gift, I would thing,” he said. “Maybe…I can start with a drink. She likes Galarian Fog lattes. And perhaps a ticket to a dance show, because she’s a dancer…”

Now his brain was starting to work, coming up with some truly sound ideas. Definitely much better than walking up to her and calling her thicc.

“I appreciate that, Reme. Thank you for helping me seem like braindead in this area.”

"I've decided that I can make an ass out of myself, but I oughta stop ruining other people's days," Mike replied. "If I hadn't fucked up that gambit, I totally would have agreed with him."
Clovis narrowed his eyes. “Well then, can I just say I’m real glad you fucked up?”

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu

Homestar!

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. nidoqueen
Reme chuckled, shaking her head. "What's done is done, there's no real need to keep beating yourself up over all that. Although, yes, this self awareness of yours would have been nice yesterday. But it's better to come late than never, you could have been borderline insufferable if you and Kent kept at each other and never let up."
Mike looked lovingly at the snowman. "I dunno if this is me letting up."

For the first time since he arrived, he laughed. Small, at first, but growing as he examined the thighs, the lumpy arms, the perfect shelf. He let it all out.

And through them, squeezed out by the tight coils in his chest, a shaking little wail found its way out.

He buried his face into his hands. Laughter and sobs blurred together. His eyes ran hot with unexpected tears. Of happiness? Of dread? For the inevitable? He didn't know. He just didn't know.

[[This'll be the last RP post for a while, I really should do something with my day.]]

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Now his brain was starting to work, coming up with some truly sound ideas. Definitely much better than walking up to her and calling her thicc.

“I appreciate that, Reme. Thank you for helping me seem like braindead in this area.”

Reme gave a light bow, and smiled. "You're very much welcome, my friend."

He buried his face into his hands. Laughter and sobs blurred together. His eyes ran hot with unexpected tears. Of happiness? Of dread? For the inevitable? He didn't know. He just didn't know.

The Gardevoir jumped at Mike's sudden outburst of laughter and tears. She didn't hesitate to try and help him, wrapping her arms around him in an embrace while being mindful of her chest spike thing. Maybe everything was getting to him, maybe bringing up his past did something to him, but he either way he needed something comforting, Reme supposed.

"I... don't know what's wrong, but you can cry all you need," she said, softly. She brought Mike back over to her little campfire, adding some plain seeds and broken wands from her bag to keep the fire going, and let him rest there. Humans were... surprisingly emotional, almost as much as Pokemon were.

SparklingEspeon

Back on Her Bullshit
Staff
a Terrace of Indeterminate Location in Snowbelle
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. fennekin
  3. zoroark
[[Fascinating. Not sure this helps us. At first I assumed it meant that each faction's vanilla count was equal, but that's definitely bullshit, it must mean there's an even number of vanillas total. Ah, well. Might come in handy later. What about you, @SparklingEspeon?]]

[[@SparklingEspeon and @TheGOAT, definitely would like to hear more from both of you. I can definitely sympathize on being zonked out on vaccine/not being able to realistically catch up on sixty pages, but inactive slots are an easy way for scum to hide, and if you're vanilla we probably would be better off having your info than not, Espy.]]

[[Yeah, vanilla townie. Which worked out for me, seeing how my week's gone :V I was told in my role PM that the split between special roles and roles that are vanilla is 50 50. I've been blegh and minute scrolling all this so I didn't consider this particularly game cracking in any way and didn't want to put myself on the pedestal. Though that means I kind of lost the chance for it to be new info I guess. Since this is a game of 20, that'd mean 10 special roles. So far I think most have been accounted for? Four lovers (I think), maybe cop, maybe SK... that's six. It's possible one or two got axed with the dead as well]]

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
our lovers (I think), maybe cop, maybe SK

4 lovers (Clovis, Pixie, Wes, Kent), 2 rolecops (according to Fuse; 1 was Steven prob), 1 Cop (Wind), 1 Serial Killer/BP (Inke), 1 Bulletproof (Mike), 1 Doc (me).

Working on a big post, but this intrigued me. So, uh, that accounts for all our roles. You might see some issues: my biggest one is that why healclash if there's only one Doc?

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[but mafia has some special roles too? Right? This is making me head hurt, ugh]]

Top Bottom