• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[Town victory] Vanilla Mafia!

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Anti clicked his tongue sympathetically. "You okay? Does your write- your Voice inexplicably cause you problems on purpose, too?"

"If I were to assume this Voice has always been here, and they enough control over me and my life to make me punch myself..." Reme patted her side, then nodded. "I'd say yes."

"I don't think that snowman's rear is quite..." he paused, to consider the word. "How you say...'dummy thicc?'" he said, adding air quotes for emphasis. Lords, those words sounded weird on his accent.

Reme's head drooped. "Please don't encourage him..."

"As the former owner of an absolute dumptruck ass..." Mike looked over the hips, brushing a little off of the top of one side. "There. I approve. Como se dice, muy fuckin' bien."

Reme choked on basically nothing, not knowing what to do with this brand new mental image. Sh-She shouldn't keep it that's for sure. Sadly, the more she wanted to not think about, the longer it remained in her head. She started to snicker, biting her lip. "What do you mean former owner, I still see the whole bakery back the--" She slapped her mouth shut.

This was hell. And her Voice, the devil.

"Someone end me..."

Homestar!

Mikeposter/Galaxy-Brainer
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. nidoqueen
"What do you mean former owner, I still see the whole bakery back the--" She slapped her mouth shut.

This was hell. And her Voice, the devil.

"Someone end me..."
Mike glared over his shoulder at Reme, then, curious, looked further over his shoulder at his backside. It turns out that all of the hiking had caked him up quite nicely.

"Would you look at that," he remarked with a grin, "I guess I do know the muffin man."

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
He nodded. And though his scarf hid it, he gave Hazel a slight smile. "Something like that. More like..." He brought his hands up in front of him, twisting them back and forth, as if putting turning something in his hands. "More like the unexpected byproduct of one. I could try to explain it but... it probably be a long story." Although... maybe he could put some twists on it and make it sound cooler. "Lets just say my dad is like. A cartoonishly evil scientist that gets up to some weird experiments. But I'll never be like him."
Jean's eyes lit up. A dark, brooding antihero! (Was... was that why his name was Anti?) Created by an evil scientist! He was like her mirror image, the one on the bad guy team that she'd fight before he defected from his evil masters in his admiration for her!

...Was he a bad guy? No, no way. Or, like, maybe he sort of was, but in that exciting antihero way. Just like Wes!

"It's okay! You can be with us. We're all created by science! Join Team Experiments!"

[[Allllll right, I finally finished rereading and taking notes on day two. God damn.

On balance, not 100% sure about windskull. There are some things that are kind of questionable about her: I thought her claim post was kind of weirdly elaborate and self-conscious, trying to preempt a lot of possible lines of questioning, for example, in a way that pinged me lightly as a thing you'd be more likely to do when you're fakeclaiming and nervous about it. She's also weirdly adamant that she couldn't possibly be a mafia rolecop trying to get cred for identifying the serial killer because the rolecop would see the serial killer as vanilla; like when Homestar did it, I don't at all agree that this is a given for how Namo'd GM it just because it says so on the wiki. (Accepting the presence of healer clash, he clearly isn't following the wiki exactly!) So I don't buy that logic, and I kind of side-eye it being treated as definitive in someone's defense even after it was pointed out that this isn't necessarily the case. And of course, I had her in the vaaaaguely suspect category back on D1 for trying to keep suspicion on Homestar.

However, I think all this is pretty circumstantial, and I think on the whole windskull's explanations of her actions have made sense. Moreover, like Sinderella, she seemed confused about the presence of vanilla information early on, which had me pegging her early as a likely non-mafia power role; I still think this should give us pause. And, crucially, if she's town she's cop, so no way should we kill her here unless we're pretty sure. If we kill the cop, the mafia celebrate and just freely strongman one set of the lovers. The thoughts that came up previously regarding going for Fusion over windskull to verify them as a pair, given how much association there is, sounded pretty sensible; that's a far safer plan.

Either way, I think we should definitely go for Altair today. As fun as it would be to cooperate with the serial killer for a night, that plan relies on the idea that we trust Altair will actually go for one of our scumreads, and not just kill one of the lovers to go out with a bang. There is zero reason for us to trust this, and zero reason for Inkedust to actually cooperate, given she's losing the game either way. The risk of that proposal is unacceptable no matter how you slice it.

Regarding whether Inkedust might actually be mafia: it is true that she's kind of a weird mafia target, but I do want to point out that at least on TCoD, the mafia often go for nightkill targets that are unlikely to be targeted by doctors, rather than risk zero kills? Either way, though, we want her gone regardless.]]

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
[[@SparklingEspeon and @TheGOAT, definitely would like to hear more from both of you. I can definitely sympathize on being zonked out on vaccine/not being able to realistically catch up on sixty pages, but inactive slots are an easy way for scum to hide, and if you're vanilla we probably would be better off having your info than not, Espy.]]

Homestar!

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. nidoqueen
[[Is Altair confirmed serial killer? Also if that really is the entirety of the suspicion around Bart I don’t like the bandwagon. What if he actually is doctor lol?]]
[[Altair self-claimed it. IMO, they're either SK or a Mafia who is galaxy-braining/Mikeposting.]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
"Which means either way we want them dead."

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
Too much going on, too much to think about. Wes needed to take a break from all this brainstorming, if only for his own sanity.

He walked over just in time to watch Mike pack more snow onto the snowman's ass. It...made him snicker. Fucking ridiculous. He wanted in.

"I don't think that snowman's rear is quite..." he paused, to consider the word. "How you say...'dummy thicc?'" he said, adding air quotes for emphasis. Lords, those words sounded weird on his accent.

Wes stared at the odd creation that Reme, Clovis and Mike were building on top of Kent’s cube.

“What,” he said slowly, “in the hell is that.”

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"Would you look at that," he remarked with a grin, "I guess I do know the muffin man."

"I hate my Voice and I want him dead," Reme groaned. There was a bit more red to her face this time around.

Wes stared at the odd creation that Reme, Clovis and Mike were building on top of Kent’s cube.

Reme fixed her scarf up to cover more of her face, then cleared her throat and stood up straight. "It is a snowman, and if we do not acknowledge the rest of it, we can pretend it isn't there."

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
Reme fixed her scarf up to cover more of her face, then cleared her throat and stood up straight. "It is a snowman, and if we do not acknowledge the rest of it, we can pretend it isn't there."
“A what?” Wes stepped closer and stared at the abomination with a look of disgust. “Are you telling me that’s supposed to look like a person?”

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
“A what?” Wes stepped closer and stared at the abomination with a look of disgust. “Are you telling me that’s supposed to look like a person?”

"This one in particular, no. But, ordinarily, whenever it snows, you would roll up snow into giant balls, stack them, decorate them and voila," Reme said, clapping her hands together. "You've wasted about an hour of you and your friends time and made a snow statue."

"I used to make them all the time as a teen with my..." she paused for a moment, then nodded. "Friend, and his family. Then we'd drink hot chocolate inside and warm up." Then, a thought started to cross Reme's mind, about Wes' confusion. "Have you... never made a snowman before?"

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
[[Is Altair confirmed serial killer? Also if that really is the entirety of the suspicion around Bart I don’t like the bandwagon. What if he actually is doctor lol?]]

omg, someone defending me?? friend, i love you <3<3<3<3<3

[[A fair amount of content w/o contributing. And imo doesn't line up with the townplay of the game I played with them in fall 2020. He also said he had a migraine the other day tho so I can kinda excuse it? He's still been relatively quiet overall since. Is currently claiming town doctor. Other people can throw in more reasons if they want.]]

Speaking of being quiet, my internet went out and just came back on so, like, irl isn't helping my activity lol

(but genuinely thanks for the constructive criticism, though I'm not sure I can do much about that now)

Homestar!

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. nidoqueen
"It's supposed to look like Kent," Mike clarified, "so no. Not strictly. And it's supposed to look like they're all double-caked up on a Sunday afternoon."

Mike looked over his shoulder at his own ass again. After a moment of quiet contemplation, he pulled out his letter. Using the corner of the paper he began to shave off bits of snow here and there. Slowly, scrape by scrape, the gravity-warping curvature of the snowbooty clarified itself.

"Y'all are lucky you got to bring stuff with you," Mike spoke after scraping in a small dimple on the snowman's lower back. "You know, I spend what must have been a whole day locked in a small room between each of these meetings." He squatted, looking under each snowy cheek, occasionally grabbing his own backside for clarification. "That shit, uh, does something to a person. To a Mike, at least. I think." Scrape, scrape. He used his hand to smooth out one side. To his delight, the warmth melted the top layer of snow. Not only had he smoothed it, but it now glimmered in the light.

With a lurid little giggle, he began to massage the cheeks. When his hands could take it no longer, he removed them to reveal a smooth, picturesque, and downright glistening posterior.

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Reme covered the rest of her face with her scarf. There was no reason to do such a thing but if there was it could possibly be vaguely Mike-related. She started muttering something to herself, something about denouncing pastries for the rest of her life and never touching snow again.

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
As the former owner of an absolute dumptruck ass..." Mike looked over the hips, brushing a little off of the top of one side. "There. I approve. Como se dice, muy fuckin' bien."
Clovis raised a brow. “Lenguaje equivocado, amigo.” He shrugged. “Pero buen intento.

Spanish certainly wasn’t his best language, but he could

Reme's head drooped. "Please don't encourage him..."
Clovis continued to sculpt on his piece for the snowman, even as Reme whined on. “Please, I’m doing no such thing. Just enjoying the snow.”

Reme choked on basically nothing, not knowing what to do with this brand new mental image. Sh-She shouldn't keep it that's for sure. Sadly, the more she wanted to not think about, the longer it remained in her head. She started to snicker, biting her lip. "What do you mean former owner, I still see the whole bakery back the--" She slapped her mouth shut.
Clovis pursed his lips at Reme’s near slip-up.

Facile maintenant. Peut-être pas la meilleure chose à souligner…”

He couldn’t hold his laugh. He had to stop what he was doing on the snowman, and doubled over with his snickers. He brought his arm to his mouth to stifle them.

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry, je suis désolé.” He took a deep breath. “You know

“Snowman,” Clovis replied. He narrowed his eyes thoughtfully. “Or more of a snow…” he looked tentatively at Mike. “Thicc man?” He said, clearly hesitant. “Did I say that right?”

A what?” Wes stepped closer and stared at the abomination with a look of disgust. “Are you telling me that’s supposed to look like a person?”
Clovis looked over the sculpture once. “I mean…they’re usually more simple than this. But that’s the idea. You’ve never seen one, I guess?”

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
He couldn’t hold his laugh. He had to stop what he was doing on the snowman, and doubled over with his snickers. He brought his arm to his mouth to stifle them.

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry, je suis désolé.” He took a deep breath. “You know
[[God my phone is such a bitch.]]

“You know, all the nonsense you spout is quite funny. You should be a comedian.”

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
Spanish certainly wasn’t his best language, but he could
[[AHHHHH WTF]]

Spanish certainly wasn’t his best language, but he could pick out a couple words as needed.

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
“Snowman,” Clovis replied. He narrowed his eyes thoughtfully. “Or more of a snow…” he looked tentatively at Mike. “Thicc man?” He said, clearly hesitant. “Did I say that right?”

"Clovis why do you have to make this even worse for me," Reme whined. Clovis sounded so innocent and pure and he was saying this? "I just wanted to build a snowman, why must this be so... incorrectly charged?"

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
"Y'all are lucky you got to bring stuff with you," Mike spoke after scraping in a small dimple on the snowman's lower back. "You know, I spend what must have been a whole day locked in a small room between each of these meetings." He squatted, looking under each snowy cheek, occasionally grabbing his own backside for clarification. "That shit, uh, does something to a person. To a Mike, at least. I think." Scrape, scrape. He used his hand to smooth out one side. To his delight, the warmth melted the top layer of snow. Not only had he smoothed it, but it now glimmered in the light.

With a lurid little giggle, he began to massage the cheeks. When his hands could take it no longer, he removed them to reveal a smooth, picturesque, and downright glistening posterior.
Wes had no words. He could only stare as Mike worked away at his…creation.

“I had my suspicions before,” he said flatly, “but now I know for damn sure that you’re insane.”
Clovis looked over the sculpture once. “I mean…they’re usually more simple than this. But that’s the idea. You’ve never seen one, I guess?”
“I grew up in the desert, what do you exp—” Ah, wait. Clovis wouldn’t know that. Wes grimaced and rubbed the back of his head. He didn’t like feeling so out of his element here. “Sorry. Never seen…that before, no.” He glanced back at the statue. “Kind of wish I’d gone longer without seeing it, to be honest.”

Top Bottom