• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[COMPLETE] THE MADEMOISELLE'S BANQUET (December Mafia)—GAME THREAD

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
[[I can confirm everything about Minty's claim for being notified about the motivation. I got word of it right before the day started for D2. I didn't claim because I wanted to use my power twice last night, sorry Tetra, but I did believe your account because of that and would have revealed if needed to refute Jackie's tampered read of you.

Okay lol let me go over this without flavor to clear up any confusion.

1. I received Tetra's power on N1, I was notified of it right at the end of the night, maybe a minute before/after D2 started.

2. I remained silent about this to ensure I could use Tetra's boon the next night, which I was able to do (also I was trying to type this up in a flavor post and that took a while. Also I was currently being bitchslapped by Sind lol Sorry that's my bad for letting RP get in the way of gameplay)

3. I also was Roleblocked on N1, which I did not outright claim, but suggested it once the theory of a bus driver/deflector came to light after Jackie's read on Tetra was incorrect/tampered with. I knew I was Roleblocked that night, just like Seren claims, because my power gives me feedback that same night, not the next day.

Tetra, is there any way we can CONFIRM that our Doc is already dead (either Free or Fuze?) This is important.

@HelloYellow17 you said there was a way you knew Free was innocent before we all learned it from her death flip. Can you elaborate on this?]]

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
[[Why did it take Minty corrobarating before Steven? Minty has less reason to say anything because now scum can target them! But Steven was as good as safe today because he survived his double action night]]
[[I was worried if I spoke up yesterday, the scum would target me instead. Which target is more valuable to take out, a cop who they can redirect at will, or an unknown Town power that can be used twice that night? Was it selfish, sure. Was I hoping we'd have a Doc that could protect Jackie? You bet]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[Idk, maybe I'm reaching but if I were town and had concrete proof someone else was town that would be my opening post but.

Anyways for now.

3. I also was Roleblocked on N1, which I did not outright claim, but suggested it once the theory of a bus driver/deflector came to light after Jackie's read on Tetra was incorrect/tampered with. I knew I was Roleblocked that night, just like Seren claims, because my power gives me feedback that same night, not the next day.
So you're saying you never got to even do 2 actions N1 because you were roleblocked/??]]

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
What just hit him? The impact burned more than it stung, and he knew right away. "That blasted ghost!" His eyes darted over the room trying to track it down. And then the glint of the knife came from the ceiling. "You coward!" he spat.

He was still reeling from the blow, deciding just how exactly he'd tear it to little shreds, when both the Gardevoir and the Flygon asked about this motivator power. The raspberry-blowing demon child could wait, this was important.
Loic started giggling at the sound of Big Blue Bird's dizzy raging. He bobbed his fake head from side to side, as if doing a little dance. Mid sway, he proceeded to make a 'come here' motion with his other hand.

He was no coward, he just knew where to hide.

Tetra, is there any way we can CONFIRM that our Doc is already dead (either Free or Fuze?) This is important.
[[Seconding this question because Tetra has mentioned this multiple times I was actually thinking Pano was the doc but that thought is quickly flying out the window.

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[I was worried if I spoke up yesterday, the scum would target me instead. Which target is more valuable to take out, a cop who they can redirect at will, or an unknown Town power that can be used twice that night? Was it selfish, sure. Was I hoping we'd have a Doc that could protect Jackie? You bet]]
[[No no, today. You could have spoken up immediately today but you didn't! Thats weird. And you were active. You had multiple posts today before revealing I was right...]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[Seconding this question because Tetra has mentioned this multiple times I was actually thinking Pano was the doc but that thought is quickly flying out the window.
[[lol not to my knowledge sadly. But its because jackie died I considered the idea our doc may already be dead. Any sensible uninterfered doctor would protect Jackie but maybe it was misdirected or blocked, idk]]

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
[[Idk, maybe I'm reaching but if I were town and had concrete proof someone else was town that would be my opening post but.

Anyways for now.

So you're saying you never got to even do 2 actions N1 because you were roleblocked/??]]
[[No, I used 2 actions last night, N2. I only found out I was motivated at the end of N1, which meant I couldn't use that power until the following night. It appears I was notified the same night that you used your power, which meant I could only use it the following night]]

[[No no, today. You could have spoken up immediately today but you didn't! Thats weird. And you were active. You had multiple posts today before revealing I was right...]]
[[This is also true. I don't like revealing information without it being necessary. The suspicion was not aimed at you any more, so revealing I had two actions wasn't important to prove your innocence, only to be revealed when I reveal what exactly my two moves were last night, which I'm still waiting to reveal because we need more information for my information to be damning.]]

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
[[lol not to my knowledge sadly. But its because jackie died I considered the idea our doc may already be dead. Any sensible uninterfered doctor would protect Jackie but maybe it was misdirected or blocked, idk]]
[[Yeah I'm 100% with you on that, but Seren's the one claiming they got blocked.

...Seren, are you doc? Don't answer that.]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[Basically, Minty spoke up before Pano, saying how they were notified immediately that my power worked, whereas Pano was around most of the time today, yet said nothing. Minty is in far more danger for speaking up, Pano had no reason not to open with 'Tetra is 100% confirmed innocent guys' but it was only after Minty revealed unambigously 100% that you would know my powers worked immediately! Then they spoke up.
-

Sniped.

I'll let this rest. for now.]]

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
[[This is why it's important to see if we have any more interference on hand. Right now it's possible the Doc was redirected (as in they did try to heal Jackie but got swapped somewhere else).

Minty got your 2x power from last night, and you've confirmed it was given to them. That means scum DIDN'T interfere with you, Tetra, which to me is strange. If your power could give them killing power x2, why would they NOT redirect you to a scum target instead?? This is telling me that it's VERY likely that Shini was the scum redirector and we might be safe from any more target swapping in the night. But it's not 100% yet]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[Might be time to start considering the mass roleclaim :unquag:

Minty got your 2x power from last night, and you've confirmed it was given to them. That means scum DIDN'T interfere with you, Tetra, which to me is strange. If your power could give them killing power x2, why would they NOT redirect you to a scum target instead?? This is telling me that it's VERY likely that Shini was the scum redirector and we might be safe from any more target swapping in the night. But it's not 100% yet]]
This is a fair and interesting point...]]

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
[[Basically, Minty spoke up before Pano, saying how they were notified immediately that my power worked, whereas Pano was around most of the time today, yet said nothing. Minty is in far more danger for speaking up, Pano had no reason not to open with 'Tetra is 100% confirmed innocent guys' but it was only after Minty revealed unambigously 100% that you would know my powers worked immediately! Then they spoke up.
-

Sniped.

I'll let this rest. for now.]]
[[Sorry that is 100% my fault for trying to put the reveal in RP and not just OOC posts. Minty was quick with adding more info and I was trying to RP and scribble things in my notes. I didn't want to speak up about when your powers were confirmed before someone else confirmed they got them (corroborated by you saying who you sent them to.) I didn't want to confuse the issue if the bus driver/deflector was still on the loose, too easy for someone to lie if all the info is out there. Once Minty gave all the info that corroborated how it worked when I got it, I could trust them being truthful about it.

TL;DR Pano's paranoid again lol]]

MintyMimix

Otherworldly Dessert
Pronouns
They/Them
Partners
  1. lurantis
  2. noivern-astrea
((Thanks for clarifying all of the Pano; now we just gotta wait for Seren's answer on how he came across his own information - whether it was told or contextual - and we can begin building cases around power usages accordingly as the nights progress, assuming the Roleblocker and Motivators remain alive. I have some pretty high confidence that Tetra is telling the truth about her Motivator power both from the events of last night and what we've just unveiled today.

Just so the air is cleared - the Motivated status/notification is still delayed, and begins at start of next day. So in this scenario: N2 Tetra -> D3 Motivated Notif to Minty -> D3 Motivated Minty Usage.

I'm actually fairly inclined to agree with Pano's theory on this one. Think about it: if you lost your Deflector, what would be your next move? Get rid of the known inforole, who you can no longer deceive.

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[Sorry that is 100% my fault for trying to put the reveal in RP and not just OOC posts. Minty was quick with adding more info and I was trying to RP and scribble things in my notes. I didn't want to speak up about when your powers were confirmed before someone else confirmed they got them (corroborated by you saying who you sent them to.) I didn't want to confuse the issue if the bus driver/deflector was still on the loose, too easy for someone to lie if all the info is out there. Once Minty gave all the info that corroborated how it worked when I got it, I could trust them being truthful about it.

TL;DR Pano's paranoid again lol]]
[[This sounds fair to me, for the time being.]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
((Thanks for clarifying all of the Pano; now we just gotta wait for Seren's answer on how he came across his own information - whether it was told or contextual - and we can begin building cases around power usages accordingly as the nights progress, assuming the Roleblocker and Motivators remain alive. I have some pretty high confidence that Tetra is telling the truth about her Motivator power both from the events of last night and what we've just unveiled today.

Just so the air is cleared - the Motivated status/notification is still delayed, and begins at start of next day. So in this scenario: N2 Tetra -> D3 Motivated Notif to Minty -> D3 Motivated Minty Usage.

I'm actually fairly inclined to agree with Pano's theory on this one. Think about it: if you lost your Deflector, what would be your next move? Get rid of the known inforole, who you can no longer deceive.
[[An astute judgement, especislly if you two are right about Shini being the swapper (ugh).

That would explain why they'd got straight for jackie instead of me, and also not try to redirect me.]]

MintyMimix

Otherworldly Dessert
Pronouns
They/Them
Partners
  1. lurantis
  2. noivern-astrea
((Thanks for the quick responses, seriously guys! I know I've put a huge target on my back this evening, but I feel that from my actions yesterday, it's gonna be either be Tetra or me getting the axe this evening. So I'm going to share as much information as I can before that can happen, and, with any luck, we can use this to collectively lynch and Roleblock the scum duo before either of us get chopped.))

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[I have a thought!! Jackie was very convinced yesterday that Shini was innocent. Mainly on the premise that Shini blundered and if they were scum they'd have received more support. Except this assumes Mafia has daytalk again. But they might not.

In fact, its very likely they dont! It would explain shini feeling so scummy. They can't coordinate. Its also why everyone felt more townish. They can't coordinate during the day either!

If this is true. Then we need to look at yesterday more carefully and try to figure out who felt like they were trying to drop subtle hints for Shini, and who Shini felt like they were following the lead of and who Shini did and did not defend or sus. In fact, if we pick apart Shini's post very carefully and analyze their readlists we might be able to find a pattern! I will try at some point to comb through the posts.]]

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
Then we need to look at yesterday more carefully and try to figure out who felt like they were trying to drop subtle hints for Shini, and who Shini felt like they were following the lead of and who Shini did and did not defend or sus.
[[Tbh from what I remember the only person really not sussing Shini was Jackie. I’d have to go back through and look again tho]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
Untitled_Artwork 9.png Neo froze and stared at the shattered figurine of Splotch Cat. No, no, no, this wasn’t supposed to happen, he’d made sure of it…!

Why? Why hadn’t it worked? He had protected her! So why…why hadn’t it been enough? Was…was someone stronger than him in this game? Stronger than him?

Untitled_Artwork 13.png Neo’s ears drooped and his tail lowered to the floor. He had…done everything. Tried his hardest. He was so sure Splotch Cat would be safe, but…

Did this mean he wasn’t as good at this as he thought he was? Was he…not strong enough?

[[No, I used 2 actions last night, N2. I only found out I was motivated at the end of N1, which meant I couldn't use that power until the following night. It appears I was notified the same night that you used your power, which meant I could only use it the following night]]
Untitled_Artwork 4.pngSomething flooded Neo’s veins, hotter than the Orrean sun. He rounded on Snot Bird with a snarl. If he had spoken up sooner, he could have ended the whole squabble with Dragon Bug! If he had said anything, Splotch Cat wouldn’t have had to sacrifice herself! And yet here he was, happy to reveal such valuable information only after the tall psychic had come forward with the same information!

He lashed his tail, bristling with anger. Snot Bird had been happy to sit back and let one of their most valuable teammates sacrifice herself! No good player would be content to do that! No good player except the bad guys!
Neo nodded in agreement, a growl still rumbling in his throat. He did not like Snot Bird. He should have known he was bad from the beginning. He was too much like a Skarmory to be good news.

Untitled_Artwork 8.pngNeo shook himself, as if you rid himself of the doubt and sadness that weighed heavily on him. He would not let Splotch Cat’s sacrifice be in vain.

In one fluid motion, he sprang on top of the buffet table. For once, the food did not tempt him; he had more important things at hand.

He tipped back his head and yowled, hoping to command everyone’s attention. Then, with a mass psychic ping, laid bare all that he knew.

Untitled_Artwork 11.png He was smart! So smart, in fact, that he could do several things! On the first night, he sniffed out Cat Girl and knew she was good. On the second, he decided to be more cautious; he had limitations on what he could do with his diverse powers, and wanted to save them for when he had more information.

Last night, he had protected Splotch Cat—or rather, he had shielded her. He had been so sure this would keep her safe, so the fact that it didn’t…

This meant he must have been swapped with someone last night! Splotch Cat couldn’t have been swapped herself, because his power shielded her from every other action. His powers had been tampered with! He snarled again. The nerve of someone to mess with his psychic powers…

Untitled_Artwork 1.pngHowever…there was one other option. He glared at Snot Bird. If Snot Bird was a bad guy, could he have used his Motivation to create a really strong bullet? Strong enough to break through Neo’s shield? Neo was not sure about this, but he felt it was worth considering. What did happen if a bad guy got boosted? Did this mean they could either shoot twice, or shoot once with a super-powered bullet?

[[Yep, hard claiming Jack of All Trades. My first action was Cop, second was…not exactly Doc? In my PM, it says my target will be shielded from all other actions. For the sake of not revealing everything, I won’t share what other actions I have left.

This is why I had a hard time hinting about my role. It was hard to describe without giving it away or looking sus. But we don’t have much left to lose at this point, so I’m putting my cards on the table.

I am incredibly sus of Pano. If she was Motivated, why didn’t she speak up to clear Tetra’s name? This resulted in Jackie being forced to role claim, which is exactly what scum would want. I’m gonna need a much more solid explanation than “I tried to say so in my RP” because Pano made plenty of OOC posts that day, and even if she wanted to say something in-character, there were more than enough ways to do so with clarity.]]

Top Bottom