• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[COMPLETE] THE MADEMOISELLE'S BANQUET (December Mafia)—GAME THREAD

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
[[I'ma be deadass, I'm very shocked Jackie's dead because I thought for sure I had a solid idea of who our Doc might be and that they'd throw up a protection. I was going to say that maybe a roleblocker power successfully blocked a Doc heal but now I guess the hypothesis is that they might have blocked Tetra's move, which...would make sense, because Tetra outed her role so of course, if a roleblocker is present, they'd probably go for her.

However, if we're still on the Tetra-kinda-sus train, I could also say that her claiming that helpful role was convenient, and she can now fall back on the 'oh no i got roleblocked' claim and live out another day 🤔]]

MintyMimix

Otherworldly Dessert
Pronouns
They/Them
Partners
  1. lurantis
  2. noivern-astrea
The minute Steven left his quarters, he was on high alert. To say there was evidence of a struggle would be an understatement. Cautiously, he followed the path of destruction toward the dining room. Even there there were signs of damage, though not as severe as the rest of the mansion. 'How odd,' he thought, getting past his initial shock. The mansion supposedly was able to repair itself, but perhaps not to this extent? Frankly, it was worrying. He frowned at the wreckage surrounding the rather harrowed-looking Mademoiselle. Things were escalating. Not good.

Also not good were the remains of a Purrloin statuette shattered beneath the game board. Steven shook his head and stared hard at the ground. She'd been brave; wrong, but brave. Bastards. The least he could do would be to find them and bury them for her.

The silence was broken by the Gardevoir's shout, and Steven uncharacteristically flinched at the noise. Gods, he was not getting enough sleep. The paranoia will do that to a person. That and the whole prospect of dying suddenly in the night tended to make one more hesitant to let down their guard.

"Do we really have to be shouting at this time of the morning?" he grumbled, searching the table for something. Coffee, tea, anything with caffeine. But the table was a mess, and he was even more grumpy having come away empty-handed. "Of course there's three scum. Would the Goomy have really given up so easily if it was just him and one other? I doubt it."

"And, speaking of doubt..."

"I also doubt the little killer would have given up one of his teammates in his final throes. I'm more inclined to believe the innocence of the Espeon and the Flygon at this point because of his final words in particular."

"A shame we lost our lead investigator, though. Would have been quite handy to see if the Goomy's power was the scum's blocking or swapping power. Still, we've dealt a blow to their efforts, and we have to redouble ours to try to solve this mystery. Besides, I believe we may have enough evidence to at least pick one more scum out of the bunch today."

[[I'ma be deadass, I'm very shocked Jackie's dead because I thought for sure I had a solid idea of who our Doc might be and that they'd throw up a protection. I was going to say that maybe a roleblocker power successfully blocked a Doc heal but now I guess the hypothesis is that they might have blocked Tetra's move, which...would make sense, because Tetra outed her role so of course, if a roleblocker is present, they'd probably go for her.

However, if we're still on the Tetra-kinda-sus train, I could also say that her claiming that helpful role was convenient, and she can now fall back on the 'oh no i got roleblocked' claim and live out another day 🤔]]
((I can guarantee you Tetra's move was not blocked - as of this evening, I am Motivated.
On that same note, is anyone willing to state if they were Motivated last night?))

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon

[[before I open a can of whoop ass on you, lemme just point out that Seren's post from earlier implies that *they* were the one who was roleblocked last night. Was your guess that Seren was our Doc??]]

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
((I can guarantee you Tetra's move was not blocked - as of this evening, I am Motivated.
On that same note, is anyone willing to state if they were Motivated last night?))
[[OKAAAAAAY scratch everything I said.

[[before I open a can of whoop ass on you, lemme just point out that Seren's post from earlier implies that *they* were the one who was roleblocked last night. Was your guess that Seren was our Doc??]]
Nope, Seren was not my guess, but rest assured that I cannot read. Scratch everything I said 2x]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum

[[Wait it told you immediately that you are motivated??? That means my action from last night (night 2) wasn't blocked. But... what about the night before...

But what about Night 1? We know the swapper was active that night to misdirect jackie. So what happened.... who got motivated?

Also we can hop of the tetra sus train now, hehe. Town roleblocker seems... annoying though.]]

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
[[Wait it told you immediately that you are motivated??? That means my action from last night (night 2) wasn't blocked. But... what about the night before...

But what about Night 1? We know the swapper was active that night to misdirect jackie. So what happened.... who got motivated?
[[Wait wait wait hold the phone I thought you said you DIDN'T use your ability on N1?????]]

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
[[OH WAIT no you said N0 I think, I'm fucking stupid]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[Also if you don't see me around a lot today its because a) busy and b)terribly bad day yesterday.... i still trying to get over...]]
[[Wait wait wait hold the phone I thought you said you DIDN'T use your ability on N1?????]]
[[I didn't use it the first night, Night 0.

I then used it the next night, Night 1 --

Yeah sniped]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[Also my Night 1 could not have gotten redirected I think if redirect already was used on Jackie for night 1.]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[So wait Minty I need to know. I Motivated you last night (Night 2). Were you told immediately or today that you are now motivated? ]]

MintyMimix

Otherworldly Dessert
Pronouns
They/Them
Partners
  1. lurantis
  2. noivern-astrea

Also we can hop of the tetra sus train now, hehe. Town roleblocker seems... annoying though.]]
((That's actually why I'm making a call for the person who was motivated N1 to come out and say it. Now that I know I've been notified, the person who was Motivated last time should have been notified. In fact, something I also find strange: Seren also knew start of D3 that he was Roleblocked, correct? @Seren, was this told to you explicitly, or did you draw it from context? After all, since neither Jackie nor Tetra were Roleblocked D2, we can be certain the person who wan Roleblocked N1 is still alive. Yet despite this, the person from N1 has also yet to come out and say that they've been Roleblocked - I am wondering if this is due to a lack of information, or if they're keeping it close to the chest.))
[[So wait Minty I need to know. I Motivated you last night (Night 2). Were you told immediately or today that you are now motivated? ]]
((I was told beginning of Day 3 right just seconds after the initial GM post.))

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
Loic scurried out of his room, clearly on a mission. For the moment, he didn't care that the Purrloin had been taken out--he'd deal with that later. Right now, his focus was that he'd been challenged. He couldn't get a hit in before the Other Big Bird sent him back to his room. Now, he had all the time in the world.

He made it out to the main foyer, where he sunk into the floor. His shadow darted around in erratic directions, before suddenly turning and beelining straight for the Empoleon.

Blue Big Bird was gonna get it.

Without a moments hesitation, Loic scrambled beneath Steven's feet. Before he had much of a chance to react, he leapt from his shadow in the floor, and with a single, powerful swing of his ghostly hand...bitch slapped the bird right across his face.

As contact was made, Loic sunk back to the floor, and his formless shadow ran back for the wall. He zig-zagged up it, before sticking his head back out to glare at Blue Big Bird. A loud thhhhhhhzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzbbbbb sounded from him, before he ducked back into the shadow and made his way up to the ceiling. He fully reformed and simply sat there, staring down in a mocking fashion. He brandished his Butterfree knife once more.

"Kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk," he hissed.
Stars danced in Steven's vision, and he staggered sideways from the force of the blow. One hand latched onto the table beside him to keep him from falling over, the other grabbed at the side of his face where he'd been struck.

What just hit him? The impact burned more than it stung, and he knew right away. "That blasted ghost!" His eyes darted over the room trying to track it down. And then the glint of the knife came from the ceiling. "You coward!" he spat.

He was still reeling from the blow, deciding just how exactly he'd tear it to little shreds, when both the Gardevoir and the Flygon asked about this motivator power. The raspberry-blowing demon child could wait, this was important.

"It was me. I was notified the previous night, right before the day started, and I was able to use my powers twice last night without interference. I hope you realize my silence up until now was to prevent the scum from stopping me, not because I didn't want to prove the Flygon's innocence. This is why I believed her when the cop claimed she was scum. The Flygon can confirm if she chose me or not to corroborate everyone's story."

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
Now that I know I've been notified, the person who was Motivated last time should have been notified.
[[I think Tetra just said they used it on Jackie?]]

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
[[Holy shit I need to go back to sleep LMFAO]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[Another thought. Jackie might be dead because our healer is already dead. Free or Fuse. Terrible.

Also... I'll win this for you Jackie, I'll try my best ;.; ]]

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
[[Also my Night 1 could not have gotten redirected I think if redirect already was used on Jackie for night 1.]]
[[I somehow thought this meant that she'd used it on Jackie (for some fucking reason considering they were at each other's throats the following day omegalul) and and the redirect role or whatever nulled it? Idfk, don't play mafia fresh out of bed kids.]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Stars danced in Steven's vision, and he staggered sideways from the force of the blow. One hand latched onto the table beside him to keep him from falling over, the other grabbed at the side of his face where he'd been struck.

What just hit him? The impact burned more than it stung, and he knew right away. "That blasted ghost!" His eyes darted over the room trying to track it down. And then the glint of the knife came from the ceiling. "You coward!" he spat.

He was still reeling from the blow, deciding just how exactly he'd tear it to little shreds, when both the Gardevoir and the Flygon asked about this motivator power. The raspberry-blowing demon child could wait, this was important.

"It was me. I was notified the previous night, right before the day started, and I was able to use my powers twice last night without interference. I hope you realize my silence up until now was to prevent the scum from stopping me, not because I didn't want to prove the Flygon's innocence. This is why I believed her when the cop claimed she was scum. The Flygon can confirm if she chose me or not to corroborate everyone's story."
[[It's true!

But why didn't you speak up immediately at the beginning of today?]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[Why did it take Minty corrobarating before Steven? Minty has less reason to say anything because now scum can target them! But Steven was as good as safe today because he survived his double action night]]

Top Bottom