• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[Town victory] Vanilla Mafia!

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
...Reme's head was spinning. So much had happened in her voice's absence, and she was so preoccupied wondering when her Voice would come back to also focus on everyone else and their Voices.

Although, in the end, it seemed the decision from before had remained. Bartholomew was to be voted out. A shame, such technology held a soft spot in her heart, and her world had already advanced several handheld gaming generations above him. It'd cost an arm and a leg just to get one in mint condition these days...

[[Vote: Bartholomew]]

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
[[I really don't think there are more than two doctors.

Equi ended D2 with a vote on Clovis, having switched back after initially voting Porygon. Not entirely sure what to make of this, honestly. Equi's explanation was that he'd just genuinely thought Clovis's info about lovers was a vanilla thing after all after his exchange with Reme (after previously having explicitly figured out and stated that he was a lover), and it seems super weird as a ploy. Like, surely Equi switching to Clovis wasn't about to make the train turn around and just drew more attention? I don't even know. Then again maybe if an individual mafia member has a brainfart like that they'd figure correcting it immediately would look more suspicious?

Overall in reading some of Equi's posts I'm finding a lot of confusing logic or stuff that seems based on strange/incorrect premises but maybe it's just that I'm tired and headachey and my train of thought is interrupted by Blacklight every five minutes, I don't know. I think I may need to return to this in the morning, ugh.

I guess I'll at least drop a Vote: Bartholomew? Mostly over the scum doctor thing. I just need sleep and less headache and a better look at all this.]]

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
[[I am too stupid o follow logic but you're really really sure Free isn't scum?]]
[[I’d like elaboration on this too, my poor brain isn’t connecting all the dots]]
"I probably should have explained..." Ebony said sheepishly. She'd just been really excited to find a friend!

[[I had a lot of strong suspicions about Free but... Can't compile them rn.
I guess today my thought was that frankly, the votes are already against Equi so it would make sense for scum to jump on the train right? No?
That would be the best way to garner town trust if equis fate is sealed]]
Ebony nodded. "No, you're right--my Voice says that bad guys do that a lot! All the time! But it wasn't that Jean said Bart was suspicious, it was the way she said he was suspicious."

"The reason I got a good feeling was the way she pointed out that he just stopped being worried about bad doctors when I said I knew who the good doctor was. He just gave up on there being a bad doctor at all, and I think that if Jean was bad, she'd have been really cautious about saying it--especially cuz it'd be really easy to distract us with Sylveon, and still look good while doing it!"

"But, umm... if you guys noticed weird stuff about Jean, you should still say it! We've gotta be a team!" Teams were good! She really loved being on a team.

Hana found herself nodding more and more as the Houndoom spoke. "You know, I like the way you think. Good dog-" she paused and chuckled awkwardly. "-er... Can I call you that?" either way she generally agreed with her, she seemed very perceptive.
Ebony beamed. "You can call me that if you want!" She was doing good! That was really exciting. She wanted to keep doing good for her team!

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Umm... Oh, right... Well, the sun is starting to set... I think this is where I put an update to how things are going, right?" The leviathan tilted her head, but then placed a letter on the ground. "Here you go. Oh! And I sought some approval for something... and I was able to help you out! Maybe this will ease your stress. It's a hint!"

Afternoon vote status:

Bartholomew: 9 (Homestar, Yellow, Flyg0n, Abra, Chibi, Persephone, Fusion, Dragonfree, unrepentantAuthor)
SparklingEspeon: 1 (Equitial)

No vote: Espeon, Phant, Goat, Sinderella

Additionally, near the bottom of the letter, there appeared to be a hint written down in nearly illegible handwriting. Then again, given Eien's size, she was probably trying to be very delicate with whatever pen she'd used...

"There are more innocents than mafia."

Eien seemed to be smiling hopefully. "Is it helpful?"

Last edited:

AbraPunk

Cosmic Guardian
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. luxio
Mike stirred from where he sat in the surf, the tide having come, gone, and leaving him drenched and salt-lined.

"Excuse me? Are we gonna ignore the biggest galaxy-brainer here who totally called that from a country mile away?"

It seemed Kent had spaced out for quite some time.

And Mike had done the same, only coming to his senses for this, and not much else.

Kent hesitated. He wanted to say or do something funny, but... he just didn't have the energy.

So, he went and sat down next to Mike. Hopefully he wouldn't mind.

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
No vote: Espeon, Equitial, Phant, unrepentantAuthor, Goat, Sinderella
I'm voting for Bart!
[[Bruh!]]

"There are more innocents than mafia."

Eien seemed to be smiling hopefully. "Is it helpful?"

1629885339314.png Salem wasn't sure what to make of the sweet-voiced dragon-creature now hosting the ritual, but...

"Uh, hi. If the game is proceeding, it must be true that there are more innocents than Mafia. If that were ever not true... Well, that's one of the possible conditions for the game ending."

She got the feeling this wasn't going to prove a useful correction to make.

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
Afternoon vote status:

Bartholomew: 9 (Homestar, Yellow, Flyg0n, Abra, Chibi, Persephone, Fusion, Dragonfree, unrepentantAuthor)

No vote: Espeon, Equitial, Phant, Goat, Sinderella

[[
I voted for Espeon.
]]

Homestar!

Mikeposter/Galaxy-Brainer
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. nidoqueen
So, he went and sat down next to Mike. Hopefully he wouldn't mind.
"You ever make a drip castle?"

Mike had been busying himself with a very sloppy masterpiece. Between his legs, a few feet tall and very wide, was a strange formation of spindly, drippy peaks. As he spoke, he added to it: he scooped up a wet handful of sand and allowed the mixture to dribble out from the bottom of a loose fist. As the slurry ran, the sand remained and the water vanished.

"Not only is it soothing," Mike spoke, dribbling another spire onto his creation, "I feel like there's a metaphor there. Something something 'sand remains, water leaves.'"

[[Mike is Sad. There's nothing players can do about it, really. But any number of players can play on the beach, if they need to let off some steam!

I hope everyone's doing alright. I know I'm burnt out, hence all of the story and not too much gameplay.

I'm curious as to the quiet members of the game (namely GOAT and Espy), and about the two lover pairs (mainly Clovis/Pixie). But as for reads, I'm woefully bereft of them (save the obvious four above).]]

AbraPunk

Cosmic Guardian
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. luxio
"You ever make a drip castle?

"Uh, no. What's...?"

Mike had been busying himself with a very sloppy masterpiece. Between his legs, a few feet tall and very wide, was a strange formation of spindly, drippy peaks. As he spoke, he added to it: he scooped up a wet handful of sand and allowed the mixture to dribble out from the bottom of a loose fist. As the slurry ran, the sand remained and the water vanished.

Kent just stared at the creation for several seconds. He had never seen anything like it. "Woah, that's pretty cool..." He said quietly.

"Not only is it soothing," Mike spoke, dribbling another spire onto his creation, "I feel like there's a metaphor there. Something something 'sand remains, water leaves.'"

"I mean, hey, if it's soothing for you..." He sighed, before looking out to the vast ocean. He softly hummed a tune to himself.

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[Okay so its almost certain Equi will die, so I'd like to instead focus on something else while I still live.

A Detailed readlist and round up:

Guranteed Town:
  • Me - Lover (Abra)
  • Abrapunk/Kent: Lovers (in case it needed to be said, we were cleared/insinuated innocent by potential rolecop Steven)
  • Fusion - Cleared by cop Anti
  • Wind/Anti - Hardclaimed Cop
  • Ferry/Q
  • Bench/PNSNT
  • Steven/Pano - Softclaimed Rolecop (or had a hint)

Most likely town or the worlds most insane, galaxy-brained, stealth Scum
Wavering towards town:
  • Free/Jean (Chibi has insisted on more than one occasion they believe them to be town.) For the record I am less certain.)
  • Homestar/Mike: Claimed OSBP. Either strange town or a galaxy scum play
Unknown/PotentialScum:
  • Espeon
  • Equital
  • Goat
Scum/Anti-town:
  • Bluwii - Mafia
  • Inkedust - Serial Killer

Alright time to get detailed....

-Ferry and PNS-NT are killed.
-Roleplay begins
>Jean, Equi, Sind and then others join in. There's a brief IC RP shenanigans surrounding

PAGE 9
-Reme is the first to claim, Vanilla Town

PAGE 10
- Wes is next to roleclaim, saying vanilla town, and that he was told there'd be two rolecops, though not which side they were on.
-I post questioning the legitimacy of no powers.
-Inke expresses confusion at Wes's roleclaim, asking if they meant to say informed
-Wes replies, still confused, but agrees and says yes, informed they guess. (They seem genuinely confused caught off guard)
-Phant posts to me and clarifies that in a vanilla game, this is likely the case.

PAGE 11
-Wind express perplexion over We's informed claim, then asks Fuse if they have any info.
-Meanwhile, some kind of rp wildness is still happening between Abra and Homestar, with the former's character antagonizing the latter.
-Inke theorizes its more likely there's either 1 on each side rolecop, or two innocent rolecops
-Pano posts IC
-Fuse claims there is an ODD number of TOWN
-Wind posits a theory:
If Fuse's info can be believed, that suggests to me that there's either 4 or 6 mafia. When you add SK, that's 5/7 anti-town players, which would give us a total town count of either 13 or 15, now down to 11 or 13 with our two lost today.]]
-Kent and Homestar both keep RPing shenanigans
-Phan makes a long post, breaking down potential rules and alignments
>At the end of said post, makes a statement about a SK strategy where you claim, get protection, and kill for town. (Was this a ploy to get SK to reveal?)
>Phan makes a point of saying that the rolecop should definitely call out if they discover the other one, since there's a good chance 1 rolecop is town and the other is scum
-Homestar fakeclaims Rolecop and says he checked Abrapunk and found out he was SK

PAGE 12
-Wes calls out Clovis, who had earlier claimed they were just vanilla
-Others query Homestar's claim, reasserts himself as townie cop
-Windskull specifically asks if he saw Abra was guilty or if he saw he was SK (cop or rolecop)
-Homewrecker edits, saying he is claiming rolecop
-Phant is the first to cast an official vote: for Kent
-I mildly cast sus on Phan and homestar (Abra was my lover but I didn't want to reveal this)
-Hana (IC) briefly contemplates Mike, Porygon and Wes
-I cast doubt on an immediate cop claim, saying they may be trying to garner protection

PAGE 13
-Wes susses Kent for not contributing enough, uncertain about Phant
-Phan replies to my mild sus, saying it wouldn't make much sense for mafia rolecop to pretend to be town since town could counter claim. Also re-asserts the belief of one of each rolecop
-Phan posts again theorizing it's a foolish move no matter what side you are on
-I theorize Phan might be helpful scum or town, but question Phans decision to vote Abra so quickly
-Wes also says it would be a foolish scum or town move
-I point out this could be a gambit to force a reveal
-Wes advises the real cop/rolecop keep quiet
-Inke calls out Homestar about why they didn't oust the SK immediately.
-Homestar claims they were too sucked into the RP and were uncertain of the vibe
-Wes believes Homestat
-I cast suspicion on Homestar again for the timing of coming after Phan's post
-Homestar claims to have believed the whole game would be IC

PAGE 14
-I cast doubt/confusion on the theory that a RC shouldn't be able to see serial killer
-I question Homestr againabout what exactly his role can do
-Home claims he can do something special, and see what a player can do
-Wind makes a long logic post saying they see my logic but come to a different conclusion
One of these theories explicitly says maybe HomestA are vanilla town trying to get mafia to waste a role
>They pressure Kent to defend themselves
-Ebony/Chibi posts again, lamenting the loss of Ferry and that he could've been a friend. They also say Hazel/Phan seems like a friend. They conclude both Abra andHomestar are bad, but different kinds
-Inke makes a logic post reviewing everything and claiming also that this would be a silly ploy for either side, says both Mike and Abra are sus
-Abra returns and makes a defense post, saying vanilla town but also not
-Bart/Equi speaks up and moodles around before voting Kent
-
Equi specifies that Bart doesn't think their role is exciting

PAGE 15

-I vote Mike
-I encourage everyone to vote Homestar
-Pixie/Perse votes Abrapunk as well
-I attempt a logic post
-Pixie unvotes
-Equi posts, refusing to back off Abra and insinuating (IC) the SK should get in touch. (RP stuff)
-Sind voicec uncertainty
-Abra implies killed them nets mafia a free kill
-Reme votes Abra punk
-Pahtn does a big logic post and confirms/counters my confusion about the Hint Thing, calling themselves vanilla town and saying they were told about hint clause via DM
>Also points out that if you can catch scum you should and you should not claim for no reason
-Equi lightly questions abra's free kill claim
-Abra specifies again that its a free kill implying lover.

PAGE 16
-Phan immediately call out Abra of being a Lover, votes Homestar
-
Phan expresses a degree of confusion that Sind doesn't know about the Hint Clause
-Wes advises mild caution on believing anything based pureply on the Hint mechanic
-Pixie says if the rule about rolecops turning up SK's as BP is true, they vote Mike
-Sind sus Mike
-Ebony says the bad guys can't do trades, and mantains is Kent is good we should know Mike is Bad, still thinks Mike is Bad but Kent may be too. But after reading Abra's insinuation relents and realizes Kent may not be bad if the implication is true.
-Pixie suses Abra for claiming lover, wondering if its a noob play to oust the real lovers
-Wes worries Homescar is our cop and fakeclaimed to save himself
-Sind unvotes to take notes
-Wes Votes Homestar
-Ua/Salem posts. Logic posts, believes killer could plan their lies so they'd be smarter (in theory). Says even if Kent isn't bad we'd know to vote out Mike next. Also says mafia doesn't do trades
-I point out that if Abra is telling even a little bit of truth we'll kill two townies
-Abra counters, votes Homestar
-Sind votes homestar again
-The craziness increases, Mile reveals he lied and is OSBP
>a few posts later asks about self voting himself out.
-Goat briefly appears to claim vanilla town and little else
-Brief sus was toss at pory for lack of ooc stuff and for not saying hint earlier
-Wes urges anyone with important info tto come forward
-Ebony corroborates that it's obvious there's an SK about, even before bluwii spoke
-Ebony accepts Mikes claim saying it sort of made sense for someone wanting the badguys to target you
-Phan encourages vanilla Hint holders not to say anything too soon, contemplates abstaining.

I refuse to summarize this balderdash is detail because it hurts my head, but suffice to say it results in votes winging back towards Abra when Sind claims she knows who the lovers are, I fight back vehemently, Steven corroborates my innocence, I am forced to reveal lover to avoid mislynch, votes wing at Pixie for lack of help, then Sind/Pixie basically come out as supposed lovers, Steven/Pano corroborates my innocence, votes swing around to bluwii, who is lynched as Mafia.
A note or two...
-Wes retracts his query for info
-Free makes their first post in sometime, long logic post
(frankly worth reading for..... reasons...
also says we can't assume abra is lover.
-Phant abstains
-Equi unvotes kent after mikes confession
-Phan insinuates doctor should protect abra
-Wes unvotes Mike
-inkelogics -and insinuates
-Free breifly mentions she believes she knows why Sind did what she did, says we shouldn't vote for her and votes abra.
-Free does big Logic post - Votes kent
Logic post from Equi, voices heal clash concern
Equi immediately unvotes after I RC lover/abra

As we are all well aware, the day eventually loops around to Ebony casting suspicion on Bluwii/Pory and eventually we lynch them after believing we genuinely have 4 lovers. Bluwii made no defense and died scum (sorry pory friend, you were so nice).
My brain leaks out my ears rereading D1 JEEPERS. I was gonna compile all the days but I need a break

Will try to tackle Day 2.

The only boon here is there's so much wild info i feel like we can logic out the identity of the other mafia is we can untangle this knot.

It's worth noting interesting behaviors-
-Our town so far have been straightforward and digging msotly
-Inke, for all he did, never seemed to actually lie intentionally (the smart thing is to play hard as SK! after all. Genuinely might be right about some other reads.)
-Who's lies/plays add up too cleanly?
-Before death, Pory/Bluwii made no defense.
-Equi has also made no defense.
-So far all reg town players about to get lynched generally made strong counters/snips/snapbacks/claims for why you should not lynch them

I can't claim to know how helpful these statements are or what they mean but its just stuff I observed the whole game

Homestar!

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. nidoqueen
"I mean, hey, if it's soothing for you..." He sighed, before looking out to the vast ocean. He softly hummed a tune to himself.
Mike looked over to the little Digimon, a little surprised. He knew that song, or at least he thought he did.

Of all the oddities, it was Kent that felt like the biggest tip-off that Robin was secretly pulling the strings. But Mike thought it impossibly cruel of the Chandelure to lie to Mike about being...

Mike shook his head, almost imperceptibly.

"So, your friend," he spoke, almost as if through a sigh, "I think you should try to find the things about them that you can emulate. You're in the clear, but you really shouldn't be sitting on your ass in the sand doing nothing." Mike felt a smirk creep onto his face.

Homestar!

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. nidoqueen
Sind and Persephone claimed the ability to talk at night FIRST, which I backed, saying this is something only lovers would know
Either they were clued in to this by a Vanilla Clue (that seems unfair but possible) or they are telling the truth.
[[Or they're familiar with how Lovers typically work, or how they can typically work. Remember that Mafia has a behind-the-scenes hivemind of sorts. Nothing about their play telegraphed that one or the other was lovers besides the Mason thing they've got going on. And it wasn't particularly news to a lot of people when they dropped that (though admittedly it was news to me).]]

Homestar!

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. nidoqueen
Unknown/PotentialScum:
  • Espeon
  • Equital
  • Goat

[[I have a sneaking suspicion that one of these people is innocent. Unfortunately, we haven't gotten very much of anything from GOAT or Espeon. In addition, if Clovis/Pixie are fraud!Lovers, and one of GOAT or Espeon is innocent, that gives us the six total mafia we need. Not that that means anything --- I could be wrong about far too much stuff.]]

Homestar!

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. nidoqueen
[[Lmao that math is wrong but I burnt the shit out of my fingies while making breakfast and typing therefore sux.]]

AbraPunk

Cosmic Guardian
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. luxio
"So, your friend," he spoke, almost as if through a sigh, "I think you should try to find the things about them that you can emulate. You're in the clear, but you really shouldn't be sitting on your ass in the sand doing nothing." Mike felt a smirk creep onto his face.
Kent stared at Mike. "You mean... I should try to be like my friend?" He was silent for several seconds, before he took a shaky breath. "No, I can't do that."

Kent debated what to tell Mike. Would he care about anything?

"He's... much more of a 'good guy' than I am. I suppose you can compare it to a hero and a villain. He's the one that does all the good crap and has everyone on his side. I... well," He laughed bitterly. "Back in the Digital World, I'm nothing but a murderer. But here... maybe I can make a difference here. Maybe I can do something right for once." He paused. "I dunno. I guess the only thing I can do is try. But I have to wonder if anyone would miss me back home, you know. My friend might... I've always found it weird how he's always so nice to me, even though I keep doing heinous things. What does he see in me...?" He muttered that last sentence to himself, hoping Mike wouldn't hear.

"Oh. Sorry, I got a little carried away, uh, you probably don't care about all this..."

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[Or they're familiar with how Lovers typically work, or how they can typically work. Remember that Mafia has a behind-the-scenes hivemind of sorts. Nothing about their play telegraphed that one or the other was lovers besides the Mason thing they've got going on. And it wasn't particularly news to a lot of people when they dropped that (though admittedly it was news to me).]]
[[this.... is true. The only reason I think it was weird was because they mentioned it very casually and otherwise would/should theoretically have no reason to assume that lovers would also be something called 'masons' in a vanilla game 9basically ppl able to nighttalk I believe), although if they are random scum pulling a sham they also.... don't gain much by revealing lovers can nighttalk. So mentioning that first to get me to mention is.... weird? pointless?

The other alternative is they mentioned it to try to cement their stance, except there'd be no reason to, as at that point, almost everyone believed they were the real lovers anyway. The suspicion was no longer on them.

Their playstyle so far is either decisively devious weird mafia or honestly how I'd expect lovers to play. Even so, I admit there may be something odd at work.

But they are frankly, the most minor of my concerns atm. Their story seems to line up. For now I lean pretty strong towards town for them.]]

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Sand castle!! Temptation... rising...

Ebony couldn't resist. She dashed through one of the spires with her tongue hanging out of her mouth.

My brain leaks out my ears rereading D1 JEEPERS. I was gonna compile all the days but I need a break
Ebony's eyes went wide. Hana had written lots of things in the sand! It looked super useful! She definitely wanted to check it out later.

Top Bottom