• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[COMPLETE] THE MADEMOISELLE'S BANQUET (December Mafia)—GAME THREAD

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Alternatively we could do this:?

Pano follows Negrek (who promises to heal, say, yellow)

Minty blocks someone else (er? Sind? uh.... idk)

Yellow does her thing
]]
[[Ok ok ok hows this

Pano could follow Negrek

Negrek heals Sind

Sind does nothing

Minty blocks Sind

Yellow does her thing]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[I think maaaybe I prefer the original plan? open to thoughts.]]

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
Alternatively we could do this:?

Pano follows Negrek (who promises to heal, say, yellow)

Minty blocks someone else (er? Sind? uh.... idk)

Yellow does her thing
[[I don’t think this makes much sense in comparison to your first idea because what is blocking me going to do? You’re better off having Pano follow me to clear the fact that I’m just going to sit there. Meanwhile Minty blocking Negrek would prevent deaths, am I right?]]

MintyMimix

Otherworldly Dessert
Pronouns
They/Them
Partners
  1. lurantis
  2. noivern-astrea
((I keep getting dizzy trying to think about all the possible contingencies right now. This is very much based on the level of trust you have for myself and Pano as well as whether or not Seren turns up Mafia.

Just to get the conversation going / help me sort my own thoughts, here are the variables at play:
  1. Am I (Minty) trustworthy enough to keep to my word and double-block the intended target?
  2. Will Seren turn up Mafia post-lynch?
  3. Is Pano trustworthy enough to keep to her word on who / what she tracks?
Here are some things you can certain though:
  1. If Seren turns up Mafia, then we have either (A) prevented deaths by pressuring scum to abstain/blocking the remaining scum, or (B) confirmed the innocence of Roleblocked because somebody else died.
  2. If I die and turn up Innocent, then you know I kept to my word on who I Roleblocked throughout the game. No one at that point can possibly lie about who was being blocked without it looking incredibly suspicious. [This scenario can only happen if Seren turns up Innocent or the Roleblocked is Innocent.]
))

((Let me get some lunch and try to think through on the original plan. I'm more aligned to that one because it has a higher chance of success, though it does require that you trust me at my word.))

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[I can only speak for myself here, but there's no suspicion on you because of the irl timing of anything. We know you're on a different schedule than most in this game, and that's hard given most of the others share active times. Honestly, you've played great this game, both with RP and the gameplay itself. I would be more than happy to play Mafia with you again in the future! Good luck with irl stuff]]
[[Seconding this. I don’t think anyone is side-eying you for being late! We all know you have a really busy work schedule and I would hope none of us would hold that against you. And you’ve been a delight to play with! Your RP especially has been fantastic. 💛]]

MintyMimix

Otherworldly Dessert
Pronouns
They/Them
Partners
  1. lurantis
  2. noivern-astrea
[[For the record, I'm sorry this is so late. Obviously being absent has hurt me, and with 10 pages to catch up on I'm sure I've missed something. I had an incident tonight after work that delayed me, which Inke can confirm once the game is over if necessary, but I don't want it to be seen as an excuse for why I took this long to defend myself. The point is that I am here and have made an attempt. ]]
((Thirded with Pano and Yellow; thank you for playing with us and doing what you can even when life is happening! I really hope we can interact more in the future and wishing the best of luck in your IRL endeavors! Would love to see more of y'all in a flash RP ^U^))

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
[[Of course that plan banks on the idea that Seren flips scum because if Seren doesn’t flip scum, Minty might have to extend his second block elsewhere. I think the first plan is the best option bur we should come up with a backup in the event Seren flips town

Also I LOVE YOU SEREN 🤍🤍🤍🤍]]

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
[[If Seren flips town, maybe…

Yellow does what Yellow does

Pano tracks Negrek

Minty blocks Negrek AND me]]

MintyMimix

Otherworldly Dessert
Pronouns
They/Them
Partners
  1. lurantis
  2. noivern-astrea
((RIGHT I forgot we find out Seren flips BEFORE my action; I kept thinking it would be after which put me in an endless loop of thought))

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
[[Or wait no. If Negrek is doctor and gets blocked, that’d prevent heal, but if they’re mafia they could still move to kill, if I’m thinking right?

But if Minty blocks me, Pano follows Negrek, and I end up dead because because a block was used on me, that’s bad for town too. Then again, Mafia might go for somebody else with a more powerful role, so it could be worth a risk? Idfk.

I’m trying to lay this out because we need a move on Pano too.

So maybe…

Yellow does what Yellow does (preferably something that would help us keep an eye on Pano, if you have)

Pano tracks Negrek.

Minty places blocks on me??? Maybe possibly uses the other block on Negrek provided it makes sense and my monke brain can’t parse it? This is basically what I just said but with more explanation LMFAO]]

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
[[OR OR, Pano tracks Minty, Minty blocks me and Negrek, Yellow does what she does (hopefully to Pano provided what her powers still are)]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
and I end up dead because because a block was used on me, that’s bad for town too.
[[My head is spinning with all these different scenarios and I’m only just barely keeping track of them lol.

Aren’t you OSBP?? How would you end up dead if Minty blocks you?]]

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
Aren’t you OSBP?? How would you end up dead if Minty blocks you?]]
[[Wouldn’t blocking me from “using my role” get rid of my BP protection making me susceptible to dying to one mafia shot, or am I an idiot?]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[Wouldn’t blocking me from “using my role” get rid of my BP protection making me susceptible to dying to one mafia shot, or am I an idiot?]]
[[…I have no idea. I thought roleblocking only prevented you from using your actions on other people. I might have to look that up.]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[Ok a quick search on the wiki says:

“A Roleblocker prevents their target using active roles (such as Cop investigations and Doctor protections). Passive abilities, such as a Bulletproof player's kill immunity or a Mason's ability to privately talk, are not affected. More simply - if the player has to submit an action to the moderator, a Roleblocker can block it.”

Link Here]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[oh it copied a bunch of other links too, whoops. Oh well]]

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
[[Ok a quick search on the wiki says:

“A Roleblocker prevents their target using active roles (such as Cop investigations and Doctor protections). Passive abilities, such as a Bulletproof player's kill immunity or a Mason's ability to privately talk, are not affected. More simply - if the player has to submit an action to the moderator, a Roleblocker can block it.”

Link Here]]
[[Wow my dumbass was looking under the Bulletproof page and didn’t think to check the Roleblocker page. Speedreader syndrome strikes again!

Okay well, my plans still stand, Minty can block me just to give y’all piece of mind!]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
Okay well, my plans still stand, Minty can block me just to give y’all piece of mind!]]
[[The issue with this is that we would just have to take yours and Minty’s word for it. There isn’t a mechanical way for use to prove Minty will actually block you aside from your word and theirs. And since we still don’t know who to trust yet…I’d rather have Minty block Negrek with both blocks, I think?

That does leave you exposed, but if you’re really OSBP then I’m willing to bet you’re safe. Because I’m pretty sure scum used their Strong Man/Juggernaut (are those the same thing?) on Jackie last night. While a boosted scum might be able to construct another Juggernaut bullet, I do think it’s more likely that they would just be able to shoot twice instead. (Lol, neither one eases my worries…and I suppose they could just shoot you twice and it would basically still operate as a strong man kill….oh jeez.

This is making me side-eye Pano again. Pano says she was boosted last night and used that to accuse Negrek of killing Jackie…but what if she just shot Jackie twice instead?]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[Then again, all her tracker claims have added up so far. Either Pano has galaxy-brained the most convincing fake role, or she’s telling the truth. Hecc.]]

Top Bottom