• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[Town victory] Vanilla Mafia!

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Steven said that Kent was good! And people seem to think he was a cop...? And I don't think Clovis is bad, so um... you guys need to stop fighting! Right now!! Just be friends! Then you can have a fight as friends." Fighting was definitely better when it was with friends.
Hana laughed, a little bit of tension leaving her. She or Clovis might die tomorrow night, but at least they knew the truth. "Yeah, you're right Ebony. Fighting is better with friends."

Too bad Raga wasn't here, she probably would have loved Ebony.

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
Snow drifted down all around, but Ebony wasn't cold at all! She breathed out a few embers into the snow and watched them melt holes in the white blanket. She wanted to let out a big Flamethrower, but she couldn't do that here. Probably because they were afraid she could just use it to torch the bad guys.

The guy who liked rocks was gone. Ebony hadn't known him very well, but he seemed nice. She missed the chance to be friends with him. Also, some people were saying that he was really important and helpful! So, losing him was really bad...

It was hard to feel too bad about things when she had friends, though! Ebony huddled close to Jean (she was part Vulpix, but she wasn't warm like one...) Then Jean went to give Hazel a hug, so Ebony could curl up next to them both. And... maybe when Salem woke up, she'd want to join them!

View attachment 1415"Porygon was bad, so... I think we should check who voted for them! And what order! And who didn't want to! And also who voted for Pixie! We'll definitely find more bad guys that way!"

Then she turned to the four 'lovers' and let out a huge bark.

View attachment 1416"Steven said that Kent was good! And people seem to think he was a cop...? And I don't think Clovis is bad, so um... you guys need to stop fighting! Right now!! Just be friends! Then you can have a fight as friends." Fighting was definitely better when it was with friends.
Wes couldn’t help but smile a little, too. He’d been unsure of the little fire dog until now, but he felt himself slowly warming up to her. Perhaps she reminded him too much of a certain Espeon that he was currently missing very much.

He sat beside her and enjoyed the warmth radiating from her fur. “You know, you’re not so bad. You remind me of someone very close to me.” He grinned a little. “His name’s Neo. I think you two would be good friends if you ever met. Actually, I bet Novo would like you too.”

AbraPunk

Cosmic Guardian
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. luxio

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
"You know, you're really good at playing the town, Altair. "

[[Do NOT trust Altair. I will explain when I get home. Give me like. 1.5 hours]]

Inkedust

Harbinger of Sunrise
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. ninetales-inkedust
  2. solgaleo-inkedust
  3. xerneas
  4. zoroark-inkedust
Altair snorted. "Well, if you lovestarlies have finally agreed to stop wasting time by arguing amongst yourselves, maybe we can focus on what's really important here."

[[Also small OOC note (in response to anti-town factions having Bulletproof):
[[yes we can. I was mafia bp in my first game]]
I'm going to be charitable and assume that this is a typo but uhhh... not a good look.]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Hana steepled her fingers. "The plot thickens."

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
"Steven said that Kent was good! And people seem to think he was a cop...? And I don't think Clovis is bad, so um... you guys need to stop fighting! Right now!! Just be friends! Then you can have a fight as friends." Fighting was definitely better when it was with friends.

Hana laughed, a little bit of tension leaving her. She or Clovis might die tomorrow night, but at least they knew the truth. "Yeah, you're right Ebony. Fighting is better with friends."

He sat beside her and enjoyed the warmth radiating from her fur. “You know, you’re not so bad. You remind me of someone very close to me.” He grinned a little. “His name’s Neo. I think you two would be good friends if you ever met. Actually, I bet Novo would like you too.”

Clovis sighed deeply. This was the most at ease he'd felt since yesterday, now that the air was clear between this lovers fiasco. He surely had death looming over his head, but at least nobody on his team was targeting him. As far as he knew.

"Ouais, consacrer autant de temps à se battre ne fera rien. Chien intelligent," he said. He paused, as if waiting for somebody to respond. Only then did he remember he was the only one here who was fluent in Kalosian. Right.

He cleared his throat. "I mean, I agree. Let bygones be bygones, and focus on the imminent threat. We wasted a lot of energy aggressively pointing fingers."

He became thoughtful at Wes's comment. "Well I feel a little better knowing I'm not the only one missing someone, hm?"

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
The cold did not bother Altair, rather he was preoccupied with his chest—which now stung badly, making him feel far weaker than before. He eyed the gathered crowd as he threw his head back. "Tch. Can't kill someone who's already dead," he growled. "Least I can still feel things," he said, with a pained look on his face. "Though it may be a sign that I was onto something."

[[So yeah, I guess I'll claim now so that we don't waste time on theorising why only one person died last night. Altair is, or rather was Bulletproof. I was one of the targets. If I had to guess, I might've been the SK's target as Pano was hinting towards an info-role but I can't be certain.]]
[[I have to ask though.... why would you be targeted? We had multiple lovers and even some implied power roles maybe.

Naturally there's a number of factors it could be but I raise this question for everyone.

Why, of anyone, would Inkedust be targeted I wonder.]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[I have to ask though.... why would you be targeted? We had multiple lovers and even some implied power roles maybe.

Naturally there's a number of factors it could be but I raise this question for everyone.

“I wondered the same,” Wes said with a small nod to Hana. “He said he was possibly onto something…what exactly does he mean by that?”
He became thoughtful at Wes's comment. "Well I feel a little better knowing I'm not the only one missing someone, hm?"
Wes bristled a little at the comment—was he trying to pry?— then forced himself to relax. It wasn’t like his history or identity in Orre would mean anything to anyone here; he could at least stop worrying about that, though he supposed it was only slightly comforting considering everyone’s lives were on the line anyway.

He forced a shrug. “Sure,” he mumbled. “We all have someone we’re thinking of, right?”

He vaguely wondered if he’d disappeared in the waking world, and if Rui was anxiously searching for him…

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu

"Mafia going out of their way to kill somebody who isn't a lover?" Clovis suggested. "Though it doesn't explain that phrasing, 'I was targeted.' I'm going to need some clarification."

Wes bristled a little at the comment—was he trying to pry?— then forced himself to relax. It wasn’t like his history or identity in Orre would mean anything to anyone here; he could at least stop worrying about that, though he supposed it was only slightly comforting considering everyone’s lives were on the line anyway.

He forced a shrug. “Sure,” he mumbled. “We all have someone we’re thinking of, right?”

He vaguely wondered if he’d disappeared in the waking world, and if Rui was anxiously searching for him…
He raised his hands again. Fuck, he was doing that a lot lately. "Easy, just making conversation. Idle conversation oughta deflate the room a little more. Not that we have the time to waste on that, but after yesterday..." he shrugged.

Point made, though. Surely everyone here had a special someone back wherever the hell they were all from. Lord knows he did, as much as he didn't want to admit it. But, he was thinking about that tiny woman way too fucking much. Maybe that's why he asked, to momentarily feel less like a lovesick dog. It was still too new of a territory for him.

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
[[First off. Yes. That's a typo. Damn autocorrect. Making quick posts at work means low accuracy sometimes.]]

It was dreadfully cold. And yet, Anti kept to himself, pulling his scarf up just a little bit higher. Maybe this was stupid. Maybe he was making a big mistake by showing his hand now. And he was a little (but only a little, totally) afraid of how his confession would go. But things were going wrong already. And he couldn't stand and do nothing. No time to rehearse a dramatic speech. Just go for it and hope for the best.

"First I... Probably owe an explanation for why I've been kind of... Silent." He paused, shifting his weight. "I... didn't really want to speak up yet, anyways, but as I thought over the things that Altair said I realized that I couldn't get a good solid argument against him. Other than vote history and the bulletproof thing, but then it becomes a matter of weighing His and Mike's words and..." Trailing off, he considered his next words carefully, not wanting to be rude. "Some of Mike's decisions were clueless. But they left a lot of people confused and undecided, while Altair's arguments were more put together. Experienced."

He lowered his head. "I'm getting distracted. The reason I was silent. I heard whisperings from my write- excuse me, my guardian that info roles don't usually last long. Especially when they slip up. And I was worried I did, back when I asked Reme if she had any information. I thought I had already caught Wes in a lie when he brought up the idea of vanillia players having information, because I knew Reme was innocent. But in doing so, a keen, malicious eye might have been able to realize I didn't know that."

Was he rambling? He was totally rambling and everyone was looking at him oh goodness. "The point is. When I thought about voting history last night, a few names caught my eye. Namely, people who didn't vote, people who didn't vote for porygon - and yes, I know this includes myself - and people who jumped on the wagon late. Bartholomew, Kent, Jean, Clovis, Sparkleglimmer, Pixie, Steven, and Mike. Additionally, Hazel, Astrid, and Reme. Eleven names. I did not think it a good idea to take a look at Pixie, Kent, or Clovis. They had a high chance of dying. While I admittedly voted for Sparkleglimmer, I was rushed and under stress, and I didn't think it was a good time to check her. Steven was likely innocent if Kent was. And a lot of people were already suspicious of Bartholomew, so he was likely to get a lot of scrutiny anyways. Between Jean, Altiar, Hazel, and Astrid, I was the least comfortable with my judgement of Altair. So I kept an eye on him, and I saw the stains on his soul."

He took a deep, shaky breath and stepped back. He might as well be a dead man walking now, so he hoped that people would listen to him.

[[Hard claiming cop. I inspected Fuse night 0 because he's famously difficult to read. Got innocent. I inspected Inke last night due to unease with her voting patterns, and notes from other people I trusted more that brought up her ability to play town really well as scum. I got a guilty reading.

Vote: Inkedust]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[Interesting. Very interesting. Will think. Must head to bed, might be busy tomorrow. This means Steven might've been our rolecop.]]

Hana nodded slowly after hearing his confession. "I still have to think about this, but I am inclined to believe this... guy."

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[Currently, I see no reason to doubt Wind's claim, but I'll see how things unfold. Hardclaiming cop is nearly a death sentence and we'd know tomorrow if its true, although I wonder if we'll soon have a massacre on our hands.

The four lovers identities are known, so .... oof. Might have four night deaths tomorrow. I do think that this arouses questions. Is Inke Mafia BP or is that a full fabrication? Why did only 1 person die? Was it a mafia ploy to try and corroborate inke's claim?

That said we do have a good chance, to get another mafia lynch.]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[Innocent confirmed:
Steven (dead :(( )
Clovis
Hana (me)
Kent
Pixie

Probably innocent:
Salem
Wes
Windskull
Fuse

Neutral:
Chibi
Mike
Free

Probably Mafia:
Bartholomew
Inkedust

Definitely mafia:
Pory frien (Dead)

(on a minor note I would like to add that its possible Chibi voted pory to avoid suspicion and sacrifice mafia, as I do recal someone saying sacrificial lamb mafia plays are a thing. BUT this is just the softest of thoughts and I'm not at all certain.

Right now my biggest concern is inkedust and windskull.

Out of the two I believe Windskulls actions line up more.]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[First off. Yes. That's a typo. Damn autocorrect. Making quick posts at work means low accuracy sometimes.]]

It was dreadfully cold. And yet, Anti kept to himself, pulling his scarf up just a little bit higher. Maybe this was stupid. Maybe he was making a big mistake by showing his hand now. And he was a little (but only a little, totally) afraid of how his confession would go. But things were going wrong already. And he couldn't stand and do nothing. No time to rehearse a dramatic speech. Just go for it and hope for the best.

"First I... Probably owe an explanation for why I've been kind of... Silent." He paused, shifting his weight. "I... didn't really want to speak up yet, anyways, but as I thought over the things that Altair said I realized that I couldn't get a good solid argument against him. Other than vote history and the bulletproof thing, but then it becomes a matter of weighing His and Mike's words and..." Trailing off, he considered his next words carefully, not wanting to be rude. "Some of Mike's decisions were clueless. But they left a lot of people confused and undecided, while Altair's arguments were more put together. Experienced."

He lowered his head. "I'm getting distracted. The reason I was silent. I heard whisperings from my write- excuse me, my guardian that info roles don't usually last long. Especially when they slip up. And I was worried I did, back when I asked Reme if she had any information. I thought I had already caught Wes in a lie when he brought up the idea of vanillia players having information, because I knew Reme was innocent. But in doing so, a keen, malicious eye might have been able to realize I didn't know that."

Was he rambling? He was totally rambling and everyone was looking at him oh goodness. "The point is. When I thought about voting history last night, a few names caught my eye. Namely, people who didn't vote, people who didn't vote for porygon - and yes, I know this includes myself - and people who jumped on the wagon late. Bartholomew, Kent, Jean, Clovis, Sparkleglimmer, Pixie, Steven, and Mike. Additionally, Hazel, Astrid, and Reme. Eleven names. I did not think it a good idea to take a look at Pixie, Kent, or Clovis. They had a high chance of dying. While I admittedly voted for Sparkleglimmer, I was rushed and under stress, and I didn't think it was a good time to check her. Steven was likely innocent if Kent was. And a lot of people were already suspicious of Bartholomew, so he was likely to get a lot of scrutiny anyways. Between Jean, Altiar, Hazel, and Astrid, I was the least comfortable with my judgement of Altair. So I kept an eye on him, and I saw the stains on his soul."

He took a deep, shaky breath and stepped back. He might as well be a dead man walking now, so he hoped that people would listen to him.

[[Hard claiming cop. I inspected Fuse night 0 because he's famously difficult to read. Got innocent. I inspected Inke last night due to unease with her voting patterns, and notes from other people I trusted more that brought up her ability to play town really well as scum. I got a guilty reading.

Vote: Inkedust]]
Wes rose to his feet and narrowed his eyes, looking the odd man up and down. At length, he folded his arms and spoke firmly.

“I’m not sure I believe you.”

[[Ok so. GAH this is hard, but I can’t help but feel this is all so convenient. For one thing, isn’t it ironic that Anti is also vouching for Reme’s innocence now that I’ve been casting some suspicion on her? And it’s awfully convenient that he’s making this claim after Steven’s gone, so there’s zero chance that the real cop would stand up to contradict the claim. We don’t know if Steven was the cop or the role cop, but from his wording I was fairly convinced he was our cop.]]

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
ebony-shock.png"Wait, but... Steven wasn't cop then! There's no way we'd have two, right?!"

The four lovers identities are known, so .... oof. Might have four night deaths tomorrow. I do think that this arouses questions. Is Inke Mafia BP or is that a full fabrication? Why did only 1 person die? Was it a mafia ploy to try and corroborate inke's claim?
ebony-concern.png "Maybe... Altair got attacked by the serial killer? Lying about being attacked would be really risky! He'd have no way of knowing if the good guy with bulletproof got hit instead."

"Also, umm... now might not be a good time for this, but I've been thinking a lot about yesterday. A lot of people said things that were weird! And it made me realize..." She screwed her eyes shut, like she hated what she was about to say.

"I think maybe there could be a mafia doctor after all!"

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[That said, Inkedust IS very good at playing the field and coming off as town. But I do feel like she’s been rather aggressively town this game and has made several votes and calls that lean hard town. For starters, she was one of the first ones to cast any suspicion on Bart and Pory.]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
View attachment 1417"Wait, but... Steven wasn't cop then! There's no way we'd have two, right?!"

View attachment 1418 "Maybe... Altair got attacked by the serial killer? Lying about being attacked would be really risky! He'd have no way of knowing if the good guy with bulletproof got hit instead."

"Also, umm... now might not be a good time for this, but I've been thinking a lot about yesterday. A lot of people said things that were weird! And it made me realize..." She screwed her eyes shut, like she hated what she was about to say.

“What?” Wes snapped is head around to look at Ebony. “Why didn’t you say something earlier? Not that I doubt you, but…”

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[But that doesn't answer why Wind's claims make a good amount of sense, unless they're mafia rolecop?? And they think Inke is helpful to us? But roleclaiming cop is almost as bad as claiming lovers.

Also wait what. What does Mafia doctor do? Protect someone in the night? ]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle