• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[Town victory] Vanilla Mafia!

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
[[ ALSO I could not have claimed to be straight up Vanilla because then I would have likely been asked what hint I got, to which I would be unable to answer. As I understand it, only pure Vanilla roles get some kind of hint; any other role does not. ]]
Like, do you know that Lovers is basically just Vanilla but your entire game experience depends on whether or not someone else dies?? How are you supposed to prove literally anything about that without outright saying what you are, WHICH I AM NOW, because apparently everyone just is out to get me lol ]]

Suddenly, the Yellow DS swung to Kent:

BARTHOLOMEW:
--WAIT
--You claim that are ARE DEFINITELY a Lover
--Youre not Vanilla
--Youre not something else that should be protected for town
--sorry everyone i was actually playing Pokemon again BUT I'M PAYING ATTENTION NOW

The current game on the DS (pokemon platinum but nuzlocke rly hard) shut off, switching instead immediately back to Pictochat. The stylus pointed from Clovis to Kurt, as on the screentwo stick figures were drawn standing on rudimentary gallows. One stick figure had claws on its hands and feet; the other wore a fancy coat.

BARTHOLOMEW:
--the bright side is town actually has only two options!!
--the bad side is that if we choose wrong they have a very high chance of exploding!!!
--but hopefully this makes people's choice's easier!!
--Mr. Fancyson is v confusing, but he DID actually hint at things first
--so SORRY GREMLIN LAD

The noose was drawn around Kurt's stick neck

[[
i.... blame my migraine for not letting me read the thread in full. Basically, my concerns about Sinderella switched weight and I actually think if you're considering between the two, go Abra.

Healers, if today's vote doesn't lead to an explosion, please choose your targets carefully tonight and maybe read my advice if there is overdose/clash.

vote Kurt/Abrapunk
]]

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
ebony-happ.png"No one mentioned this yet!"

"I think the mafia have a strong guy, and a role cop, and a bulletproof. Because of the serial killer!"

"So if they also had lovers... that's not very many normal guys left? Maybe even just one?"

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
"Only four hours remain." Hana's eyes narrowed. "Kent isn't lying, Clovis is. I know because.... I am the lover."

She groaned inwardly. "Thanks for forcing me to reveal this, EVERYONE. Now can everyone please stop voting Kent? You're gonna kill me! There's still time to score a win and have our deaths mean something."

[[Roleclaiming: Town Lover with Abra.
So yeah. I'm "tunneling" for good reasons you guys. Cripes.

Now I'm as good as dead in the night probably. So is abra. Ah well.

That's how it goes I guess, hm?

Y'all should probably very carefully evaluate all of day 1 because it should be easy enough to sus out who was lying/ who's scum. or not, your guys read was er... not all accurate so far? Obviously some of you want Abra dead bc scum/SK tho! Two for one Town!!

That said, I have no reason to lie. Go ahead. Kill me tonight, SK/Scum. or don't. Or Maybe you won't. Maybe you'll let both of us live to cause chaos, maybe you'll think I'm lying to protect myself somehow (sure).

But I think me saying I'm lover makes it plain why I'm so-called "tunneling" about abra and them getting accused. You're killing me too. Also how I know Homestar and Sind are/were LIARS. And since you all seem gung ho convinced that beginner Sind would never make a dumb mistake, nor would Abra, and Sind is a saint cop or doctor or something.... Yeah.

In addition, you all consistently read me as town so... this wouldn't make sense to lie about.

because y'all ready to cause FOUR DEATHS. Go for it. Do it. Maybe if we're lucky, SK gets a scum.
Guess we'll see, hm?
Hah. either way I win. I can't lie, if you kill the wrong person I'll gloat over being right, just little. Can't help it!. We somehow live, I'll also be smugly satisfied. And never back down on my claim.
I accept my death, knowing
a)seemingly nobody guessed right.
b)Mafia's lies were bought into.

This should be fun. I'll let you all hash out what you want do with this.]]

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
BARTHOLOMEW
-HHGHHHhhhhhHHHHHHHhhhhhHHHHHhhhhhhHHHHHHhHHHHhhhhh
-vote: Clovis[/Sinderella]

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
"Only four hours remain." Hana's eyes narrowed. "Kent isn't lying, Clovis is. I know because.... I am the lover."

She groaned inwardly. "Thanks for forcing me to reveal this, EVERYONE. Now can everyone please stop voting Kent? You're gonna kill me! There's still time to score a win and have our deaths mean something."

[[Roleclaiming: Town Lover with Abra.
So yeah. I'm "tunneling" for good reasons you guys. Cripes.

Now I'm as good as dead in the night probably. So is abra. Ah well.

That's how it goes I guess, hm?

Y'all should probably very carefully evaluate all of day 1 because it should be easy enough to sus out who was lying/ who's scum. or not, your guys read was er... not all accurate so far? Obviously some of you want Abra dead bc scum/SK tho! Two for one Town!!

That said, I have no reason to lie. Go ahead. Kill me tonight, SK/Scum. or don't. Or Maybe you won't. Maybe you'll let both of us live to cause chaos, maybe you'll think I'm lying to protect myself somehow (sure).

But I think me saying I'm lover makes it plain why I'm so-called "tunneling" about abra and them getting accused. You're killing me too. Also how I know Homestar and Sind are/were LIARS. And since you all seem gung ho convinced that beginner Sind would never make a dumb mistake, nor would Abra, and Sind is a saint cop or doctor or something.... Yeah.

In addition, you all consistently read me as town so... this wouldn't make sense to lie about.

because y'all ready to cause FOUR DEATHS. Go for it. Do it. Maybe if we're lucky, SK gets a scum.
Guess we'll see, hm?
Hah. either way I win. I can't lie, if you kill the wrong person I'll gloat over being right, just little. Can't help it!. We somehow live, I'll also be smugly satisfied. And never back down on my claim.
I accept my death, knowing
a)seemingly nobody guessed right.
b)Mafia's lies were bought into.

This should be fun. I'll let you all hash out what you want do with this.]]
[[I’m once again going to throw out the fact that I know who BOTH of the lovers are, Kent is not one, and neither is Flygon. So now they’re both suspicious, and Flygon is tunneling me (and Mike previously) to save herself. Vote stands.]]

AbraPunk

Cosmic Guardian
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. luxio
I’m once again going to throw out the fact that I know who BOTH of the lovers are, Kent is not one, and neither is Flygon. So now they’re both suspicious, and Flygon is tunneling me (and Mike previously) to save herself. Vote stands.
[[ lol how would you "know" unless:

1) you cheated
2) you are Role Cop and found this out (there hasn't been enough time to do so)

]]

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
[[...Huh. I was thoroughly convinced this whole time that the reason Flyg0n was so immediately aggressively going after Homestar was that she was the real town rolecop, but if she is Kent's lover, aaaactually that also makes sense and explains the same thing. God damn]]

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
[[ lol how would you "know" unless:

1) you cheated
2) you are Role Cop and found this out (there hasn't been enough time to do so)

]]
[[I said?????? I had information??????]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[I’m once again going to throw out the fact that I know who BOTH of the lovers are, Kent is not one, and neither is Flygon. So now they’re both suspicious, and Flygon is tunneling me (and Mike previously) to save herself. Vote stands.]]
[[I cannot wait to rub this in everyones face because I'm either RIGHT. There 2 lover sets. Or you were all wrong and its me and abra. and you'll try to kill us.]]

[[...Huh. I was thoroughly convinced this whole time that the reason Flyg0n was so immediately aggressively going after Homestar was that she was the real town rolecop, but if she is Kent's lover, aaaactually that also makes sense and explains the same thing. God damn]]
[[Yeah.]]

AbraPunk

Cosmic Guardian
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. luxio
[I said?????? I had information?????
[[ A role PM would not straight up reveal what roles two other players have. Also, again, read my Role Cop point. ]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[can't say I didn't try! anyways have fun, kill Sind or go with my 2 lover theory, it up to you all now, hm]]

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
[[have thoughts. Will try to summarize if I have a sec.]]

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"Wow, the voices in the sky are indeed aggressive," Reme clicked her tongue. "Some are downright passive aggressive too."

[[Things have gone back and forth and it sounds like I might have to skim through some more things before EoD... although I doubt I could find something to turn the tides away from Abra or reveal any new tidbits that could... i dunno, do something? Although I don't think I'd be surprised if Abra and Flyg0n were being legit about their roles calling them Lovers sounds oh so scandlous]]

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
[[I thiiiiink my best guess at this point is that there are just two sets of town lovers? I refuse to believe in a world where mafia Sinderella would have somehow galaxy brained up a whole act about claiming to be vanilla with no info, but I also have reeeal difficulty seeing Flyg0n doing all this as mafia? The immediate pushback on Homestar was nuts without the assumption she knew the claim was fake, and it'd also be some serious galaxy braining for a mafia member to go for that? aaagh

Unvote Kent]]

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
[[The best and worst part about Mafia is you're either underestimating people's smarts or over estimating them. It can even be both!]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[Read list! Get your read list here! *waves newspaper*

Most Likely Town:
Hana
Salem
Hazel
Jean

All have been playing very bold town and I don’t really have a solid reason to suspect any of them

Soft Town:
Clovis
Mike

After all that’s been said, I’m willing to give the benefit of the doubt and say they’re both town that just made a few fumbles.

Neutral:
Sparkleglimmer
Reme
Anti
Pixie
Altair
Ebony

Haven’t seen too much from the first three so I can’t say much about them either way.
Pixie I was ready to place as soft scum, but iirc she was one of the ones to kind of lead the charge against Kent the second time? Someone please correct me if I’m wrong here. Anyways that’s eased some of my suspicion on her for now.

Now, for Altair, he’s been playing pretty neutral so far and has even said a few things that indicate town—but if last game was anything to go by, it’s that Inkedust is really good at playing town while secretly scum, lol. Also the fact that they claimed Anti gave off town vibes was weird to me because I’m barely picking up any vibes from Anti at all. Hmm.

Ebony is in neutral because she’s been saying a lot while being pretty noncommittal the whole game, only jumping on votes after a lot of people have voted the same way. The only truly definite things she has said are those she views as town (Salem, Wes, Hana, and Jean) and those are pretty safe claims to make considering we’ve all been pretty aggressively town. To cast suspicion on us would only reflect poorly on Ebony, so it would make sense for her to vouch for us. I’m not saying she is scum, but I don‘t trust her yet.

Soft Scum:
BARTHOLOMEW
Porygon
Steven
Astrid

As others have stated, these players, aside from Steven, have all been participating fairly regularly and saying a lot without actually saying anything. They’re very vague about opinions and only seem to chip in when it’s safe. It looks to me like they’re trying to fly under the radar.

Steven is only on here because of his rather confident endorsement of Kent’s innocence, and the fact that he seeeeemed to be hinting at an info role to back this up? If Abra flips scum, he’ll look extremely sus. Though if Abra flips SK, well...then I’m not sure.

Hard Scum/SK:
Kent

If, for some wild reason, Kent flips innocent:
Then I would put a lot more trust in Steven due to his claims. I’ll be back to suspecting Pixie and possibly even Jean, since she was very much advocating against Kent, but also that could just be a sincere mistake. Anyways, I’m doubtful that Kent will flip town at this point.

If Kent flips scum:
DEFINITELY sus Steven then.
Would still be suspicious of BARTHOLOMEW and possibly Astrid. BARTHOLOMEW didn’t change their vote until much later, and that was after voting Clovis. Now I know Equi has been busy and dealing with migraines so it’s very possible that’s the reason, but it could also be that they’re scum and just missed the memo that everyone is piling on Kent now, and only changed their vote from Clovis to Kent to avoid suspicion.

If Kent flips SK (most likely, imo):
Then I’ll give Steven the clear
My other suspicions won’t change, though.

That’s uh, all I’ve got. Thanks everyone for being patient with me while I keep throwing wrenches into things with my horrible calls. 😅 Maybe one day I’ll get better at this lol.

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[ARE YALL KIDDING ME LOL]]

Homestar!

Mikeposter/Galaxy-Brainer
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. nidoqueen

Mike looked between the angsty cube and the theme-trainer, shoving aside the strange pictures that arose from the latter's commentary.

"Yeah, y'know, even if that's true," Mike spoke, "That is one hell of a stupid claim.

"If
it's true," Mike motioned to his right, as if to an invisible object of some sort, "you have just painted clear targets for the SK and the Roc--- the Mafia. If you're the Jessie-James, the 'lovers,' whatever, you're dead tonight. Even with two Medics [[Doctors]] covering your asses, one of you is probably dead.

"You could be bulletproof if we had multiple, which we very well could..." Mike took a breath, and flapped out a raspberry. "That's tough. Didn't think of that. But the odds of three bulletproofs, including the Companion Cube, seems bonkers.

"Which leaves me no choice but to stay with the Cube," Mike threw up his hands.

Top Bottom