• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Worldbuilding June

Umbramatic

The Ghost Lord
Pronouns
Any
Partners
  1. reshiram
  2. zygarde
30. Who’s important in your world?

For this we need to talk about the Multiverse Warriors and their Boss!

otto_portrait.png
This is Otto, also known as Overclock. He's a super-fast speedster with an attitude. He thinks he's the internal leader of the Multiverse Warriors. Key word thinks.

giselle_portrait.png
This is Giselle, also known as Yottabyte. She is the actual internal leader of the Multiverse Warriors. She is a psychic supergenius good at all sorts of (mad) science activities.

minali_portrait.png
This is Minali, also known as Newton. She has gravity powrs, but theory drain her and leave her exhausted, so she can't use them to their full extent. As a result she is frequently tired and cranky.

darrin_portrait.png
This is Darrin, also known as The Conjurer. They are a kind soul, protective of their friends, children, and animals. They can control a mysterious blue energy they can use like magic and to create constructs.

trina_portrait.png
This is Trina, also known as Gemcutter. She was rescued by the others from strange crystalline demons, and became one of their own. She goes into a rage mode where strange crystal blades sprout from her body.

umbra_human_portrait.png
And finally this is The Boss! Or so they call him. I'm not sure of his real name. He is the Multiverse Warrior's true leader, who assigns them their missions. I do say he looks familiar...

And that is the end of my time in Nexinnati. Where will I go next? Who knows? This has just reminded me it's a big multiverse out there...

----------------

And that's my Worldbuilding June 2023! It was actually supposed to be the finale to my WBJs. Supposed to be. But the way things are now, now that it's done I can start cooking something else...

...Oh and also there's Artfight too of course.

Umbramatic

The Ghost Lord
Pronouns
Any
Partners
  1. reshiram
  2. zygarde
1. Tell us about your world.

Hello again! I've got a new world ready, one I've been preparing the past year - ever since last Worldbuilding June. However there are two main facets to this world, so I've decided to split this into two parts - part 2 will be in June 2025 if I am able!

This project focuses on multiple video game worlds, but to start for Part 1 here we will focus on one of them in particular - Mystica Gem Online, an MMORPG. Here is where the plot begins... next time The World Wanderer will take it away!

Blackjack Gabbiani

Merely a collector
Pronouns
Them
Partners
  1. shaymin
  2. dusknoir
My original story takes place in two distinct settings--a Standard Middle Ages Fantasy Setting known as the Other Side of the World, and a more modern semi-1980s setting. Thing is, these are the same world. The Other Side was isolated by divine edict ages ago, and the rest of the world has gone on without them.

2. What's the geography of your world?
Oh pretty usual stuff. The most extreme environment I have is a massive crevasse that's so freezing cold that nothing lives there.

Umbramatic

The Ghost Lord
Pronouns
Any
Partners
  1. reshiram
  2. zygarde
2. What’s the Geography of your world?

Hello! It's the World Wanderer! I have transported myself inside an MMO - of my own free will, don't you worry!

The MMO is called Mystica Gem Online and its world's geography has two layers. The actual surface of the planet is chaotic and uninhabitable due to a past cataclysmic event - more on that later - but in the skies beings called Platebearers carry the inhabitants of the world! The Platebearers come in many shapes and sizes, house various ecosystems, and drift through the skies at their own pace.

FauxFox

Wandering Fool
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. zorua
  2. vulpix
It’s June, I’m worldbuilding. This year I’m going to be working on the world that Faux Truths takes place in, and I’ll probably do this again next year with the D&D setting I’m making.
The Fauxverse (since I don’t have a better name for it currently) is a world that is, as of now, home only to Pokémon. It is for the most part relatively low-tech with mostly aristocratic governments, and is home to multiple different nations, including my focus this year of Santorenna. It contains a reality-warping phenomenon known as mystery dungeons, but their cause is unknown to almost all but their creators.

Santorenna is a large island nation, comparable in size to our world’s Japan. The nation has plenty of mountain ranges, the most notable being that which runs from the north end of the nation to the south, known as the Division Peaks. It is said that at one point in time most of Santorenna was wetlands, it is now instead dominated by plains and forests, though some wetland areas remain to this day. The northernmost area of Santorenna is known for its cold climate despite the warmer areas to the south, and often gets snow year-round. In contrast, the southeastern region of the nation is dry -even when compared to the rest of the nation- and is home to the Wollenn Desert.

3. Who lives in your world?
Santorenna is home to a variety of different Pokémon species, and chances are if you can name it, it lives there. Most regional variants of Pokémon are notably not native to the nation -such as Aldean Wooper or Alorran Vulpix, the former being the poison/ground-type Wooper found in Aldeos and the latter being the ice-type Vulpix found in Alorre- but can still be found in Santorenna. Legends claim that humans lived in the world at one point, but now the only evidence of their existence are the ruins they left behind.

Umbramatic

The Ghost Lord
Pronouns
Any
Partners
  1. reshiram
  2. zygarde

There is a wide assortment of different sapient species inhabiting this world. Some are basically classical fantasy species with different names and a few odd traits, while others get more... exotic.

(Umbra note: I haven't figured out the specifics yet. Bear with me.)

The human players that play as these species have all sorts of adventures in the world, with the NPCs playing along to ensure they have a good experience, a la a theme park of sorts.

WBJ 2024 Prompts

kyeugh

you gotta feel your lines
Staff
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. farfetchd-galar
  2. gfetchd-kyeugh
  3. onion-san
  4. farfetchd
  5. farfetchd
1654177507991-png.3699

Worldbuilding June 2024​

we are so back

welcome to a new and slightly belated iteration of worldbuilding june, our community event dedicated to worldbuilding! this year, you're free to revisit the old prompts if you like, including a set specific to pokéfic settings of all kinds:
  4. What’s its history? (How did it come to be?)
  5. What sorts of civilizations and architecture fill your world?
  6. How does gender & sexuality work in your world?
  7. How does the economy work in your world?
  8. Who rules in your world?
  9. What religion and cosmology exists in your world?
  10. What traditions are observed in your world?
  11. What’s language like in your world?
  12. What fauna inhabit your world?
  13. What flora covers your world?
  14. What do people eat in your world?
  15. What technology is used in your world?
  16. What magic exists in your world?
  17. What’s medicine and healthcare like in your world?
  18. What is clothing and fashion like in your world?
  19. How are wars fought in your world?
  20. What sorts of weapons & armor are used in your world?
  21. What do people do for work in your world?
  22. What do people do for fun in your world?
  23. What’s the sky like in your world?
  24. What places are still unexplored in your world?
  25. What do people carry with them on a daily basis in your world?
  26. What sorts of art exist in your world?
  27. How do people get around in your world?
  28. Who’s important in your world?
  29. How do people communicate with each other in your world?
  30. What is the cycle of life and death in your world?
  2. What's the geography of your world/region?
  3. How intelligent are pokémon in your world?
  4. What are some major events in the history of your world?
  5. Who are some famous people and pokémon in your world?
  6. What do pokémon families and relationships look like in your world?
  7. How do money and the economy work in your world?
  9. What religions and myths/legends are exist in your world?
  11. What are some ways people communicate with pokémon in your world, or pokémon with each other?
  12. What is the gym circuit or adventuring organization like in your world?
  13. How have pokémon powers contributed to the technology of your world?
  14. What's your answer to "the meat question"?
  15. What technology is used in your world? (Think poké balls and poké gear, or orbs/seeds/scarves etc.)
  16. From where do pokémon get their power in your world? (Tell me about your Infinity Energy, Aura, or speculative scientific headcanons.)
  17. What’s medicine and healthcare like in your world?
  18. What is clothing and fashion like in your world?
  19. What does war look like in your world? If there is none, why not?
  20. How do battle items work in your world? TMs?
  21. What jobs do pokémon work in your world?
  22. What do people do for fun in your world?
  23. What are battles like in your world?
  24. What are the routes/mystery dungeons in your world like?
  25. What do people carry with them on a daily basis in your world?
  26. What sorts of art exist in your world?
  27. How do people get around in your world?
  28. What are some of the dangers of your world?
  29. How does the PC or post system work in your world?
  30. What role do legendaries play in your world?
new to this year is the Alt Prompt List, a lower-volume set of prompts for those interested in a quality-over-quantity approach to the event! this list of six prompts, each intended to be carried out over five days, is open-ended enough that you can take each any number of ways. also unlike previous prompt sets, you're encouraged to fill these prompts any way you like: a wiki-style write-up, a short piece of fiction, a visual artwork, or anything else you can conceive of. without further adieu:

June 3 - June 7: Free space

Use this prompt to dive into any particularly interesting aspect of your world you like. You can think of this prompt as a "hook." Maybe you can use this prompt to provide a general overview of your world, create a sketch of the magic system, or describe an inciting event in your world. This is your chance to show off the core of your world!

June 8 - 12: People

Who are the agents writing the history of your world? You can use this prompt to describe a particularly fascinating individual in your world's history, to detail an important civilization or organization in your world, or to outline a specific profession you think would be fun to share.

June 13-17: Technology

How do the people of your world interact with and alter their environment? This is your chance to delve into technology of any time - maybe you'd like to explore the general technology level of your world, a unique weapon or piece of magitech, a mode of communication or transportation... The possibilities are endless!

June 18-23: Flora & Fauna

What else are the people of your world sharing their planet with? Feel free to go into detail on any monster or creature in your world be it feral or tame, a plant of special importance, or a magic mushroom. :devilish:

June 24-28: Culture

With this prompt, you can paint a picture of your world's beating heart. What kinds of clothes are your people wearing? What kind of art are they creating? What are their rituals, their holidays, their beliefs and gods and myths?

June 29-July 3: Places

What is a world but a collection of places? (Rhetorical question.) You can use this prompt to explore a unique landmark of your world, a striking geographical feature, a bustling city, a significant shrine, an ancient battlefield, a mighty stronghold or castle, or a site of magical importance. You can also use this prompt to investigate the architectural styles of your world.
you can post your work in this thread and/or the dedicated discord thread, and i encourage you to check out and interact with the work of others as well! you can direct any questions, comments, or suggestions on this event or the prompt lists to me. once again, good luck and happy worldbuilding!

Umbramatic

The Ghost Lord
Pronouns
Any
Partners
  1. reshiram
  2. zygarde

The main backstory of the game is that long ago, a band of heroes went on a great quest, one that had many twists and turns. Eventually, as many such quests do, it culminated in the heroes attempting to kill a dark god, one by the name of Aulwyr.

But things weren't as they seemed. Aulwyr was actually a kind god that was corrupted and used as a puppet by the Dark Dragon Calabria, and his defeat and loss of his powers caused the world and its balance to be thrown into chaos. The heroes and the now depowered Aulwyr went on another quest to find the fabled Mystica Gem, whose powers they used to create the Platebearers and save the people of the world, ultimately defeating the Dark Dragon Calabria. Civilization has recovered greatly since then.

Aulwyr, however, never got his full power back, not even with the help of the other gods, and became a mysterious immortal wander that helps the players out. He does briefly re-attain his dark god form when the reawakened Calabria temporarily corrupts him again for an important boss fight.

Umbramatic

The Ghost Lord
Pronouns
Any
Partners
  1. reshiram
  2. zygarde
5. What sorts of civilizations and architecture fill your world?

Each Platebearer has its own flavors of civilization and architecture that are basically built into their environments. Castles, sky port towns, peaceful farms, you name it, all interwoven into natural features. These are interlinked by a complex network of airships that go from Platebearer to Platebearwer.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Merely a collector
Pronouns
Them
Partners
  1. shaymin
  2. dusknoir
3--Who lives in your world?
The population is mostly humans, the natives of the world. But about 3% are water sprites, humanoids with innate water magic, who originated in another world and whose ancestors came via world portals. Although some humans are descended from otherworld humans as well!

4--What’s its history? (How did it come to be?)
It came to be in the usual way, but eventually formed to be host to strange portals. Some lead to other parts of the world, and others lead to...well, anyone going in them vanishes. Forever. You're gone. And some lead *from* portals like that. If you end up in this world via that method, get used to it because you're not going back. There seem to be a few worlds that hapless people and creatures come from, so this world has come to be home to more species than it would have otherwise. And even the gods can't do anything about the portals. Not that this world had gods before then, or if they did, such beings never revealed themselves. But when a small band of very powerful humanoids came through one day thousands of years ago and realized they were stranded, they decided to fill their lives by adopting early humans as a passion project. They taught the humans civilization, law, technology, and the humans saw them as something truly divine.
But after some time, the gods disappeared, establishing the First Empress as the ruler of this united world. Ever since then, the people have chosen a young girl from among their population to follow in the First Empress's model, the paragon of justice and wisdom.

5--What sorts of civilizations and architecture fill your world?
Despite the unified religion prompted by the gods being physically extant in the world, civilization is varied and many, hinging a lot on where they settled. Different priorities come into play, and so on. And the natural world's variety leads to different aesthetic styles as well as different needs and materials.

6--How does gender & sexuality work in your world?
What, like physically? Same way it does here. Though in general these things don't really matter to the people as a whole.

Umbramatic

The Ghost Lord
Pronouns
Any
Partners
  1. reshiram
  2. zygarde
6. How does gender & sexuality work in your world?

Players can select from male, female, and nonbinary options and present themselves in a colorful array of ways. NPCs also have varying gender and sexual identities as well.

FauxFox

Wandering Fool
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. zorua
  2. vulpix
Day 4, 2020 list
What’s its history? (How did it come to be?)
At some point in the distant past, all humans "disappeared" due to a series of malfunctions on a superweapon developed during a world war between the regions of the Pokémon world. All of humanity seemingly vanished in on fell swoop, with only Pokémon left behind in the rubble. The lack of humans led to Pokémon returning to their wild ways, but over the next hundreds and thousands of years they began to develop civilizations of their own, most Pokémon being stranded in their respective regions for the longest of times. The space-time radiation created by the superweapon caused the accelerated decay of most remaining structures. This same radiation would lead to holes in space-time that replicated the terrain around them in ever changing way, and would later be dubbed "mystery dungeons" by the Pokémon of the world. The world was reshaped as over a millennia of continental drift had taken place, accelerated by the space-time radiation.

Day 5, 2020 List
What sorts of civilizations and architecture fill your world?
The nation of Santorenna was originally a bundle of smaller nations, but it has been united by the 24 noble families of the Santorenna Council. The nation of Aldeos is really three nations held together with a peace treaty, each with their own method of government. Finally, the "nation" of Alorre is, much like the other two, also a nation comprised of other nations, but this one is made up of many more who for the most part govern themselves but also have representatives in a higher level to deal with pressing issues. Much of this nation is not actually part of the government and is instead independent towns and tribes, such as Everville. (This is the town from Forgotten Topaz, a story which I haven't worked on in over a year. I didn't forget it, I just haven't really been feeling it. I might circle back around to it eventually, not sure yet.)
The architecture in Santorenna is relatively medieval, with most houses being built of brick and wood. The majority live in small houses, but those of nobility live in much larger and grander homes. Of course, the materials of the area often affect what a home is built out of. Some towns are built into the mountains, while the city of Wolfex is built mainly out of sandstone.

Day 6, 2020 List
How does gender & sexuality work in your world?
The nation of Santorenna has no laws prohibiting any sexuality or expression of gender identity. For the most part, gender and sexuality work just like they do in our world, in most places you can express yourself freely, but there is a loud minority who think that people being themselves is wrong for a bunch of dumb and hypocritical reasons.

Day 3, Pokémon List Just because I like it more than 3 on the regular list
How intelligent are Pokémon in your world?
About as intelligent as humans were during the beginning of the renaissance. However, they have also made a few minor advancements when it comes to electric technologies thanks to the existence of electric-type Pokémon, but the most they have figured out are lightbulbs, and those are considered expensive. Despite minor technological advancements, most communications are still transmitted via paper letters. Most Pokémon know how to read and write.

Umbramatic

The Ghost Lord
Pronouns
Any
Partners
  1. reshiram
  2. zygarde
7. How does the economy work in your world?

Players and NPCs both use an in-game currency called ilncas, which are small crystals naturally secreted by the Platebearers. There once was a premium currency called Morgins, ores from the world below, that cost real money, but player pushback was so intense they were swiftly retired, never to be seen again.

Venia Silente

For your ills, I prescribe a cat.
At the 0-divisor point of the Riemann AU Earth
Pronouns
Él/Su
Partners
  1. nidorino
  2. blaziken
  3. fearow
Hello everyone.

I wanted to introduce a new setting I'm working on: a Pokécentric setting comprised of two sister worlds. A number of showcases will be published in this thread, based on kyeugh's alt prompts for Worldbuilding June 2024, a shorter, more paced-out format that facilitates getting stuff published for me.

The first prompt is the opening. In short:

Use this prompt to dive into any particularly interesting aspect of your world you like. You can think of this prompt as a "hook."

Now, going right into matters:

The Worlds of Nrafhal​

We are all born from Mother. She of the two, daughters of the Star. Amidst the Picking of the Stars, the Mothers gave us life and a place to grow. The Nrafhal, the sisters that stay together. Fríd, watcher in the sidereal forest. Zmer, surfer of the sidereal seas.

We were born blessed with the power to rule the elements. We grew on the face of our Mother world – dear Fríd. We scattered across her lands and made of her gift our domain. We looked up to Aunt in the Sky, too, for guidance.

Of us children, some founded their nations across Edros and eventually created an empire. Others carved the tunnels and seats of Mlyenne from inside the very hide of Mother Fríd. Those children who shunned the warring banners went off to pray at Elergaba, where the Star shines longer. And yet others with lofty aspirations went off to create magicks at Remlia.

All the time we've thought, we'd do what our Mother worlds dreamed for us. We would evolve and conquer, we would light up our very own inner stars.

But is this what Mother wants of us?

The attempts of Mlyenne's forces to encroach upon our lands have lasted for six hundred years already. They poison our blood, they eat at our resources and even at the morale of our guardians – Raikou, Entei and Suicune.

The neighbours of both sides of this war feast upon our clashes and our bribes. Even the barbarians of Folmo now raise their own petty confrontations, paid with by our sweat and blood.

Like the circuit of our Mothers about the star, this struggle carries on, no prize nor end in sight.

There are times of rest, of meditation. One can but wonder, do our cousins, children of Zmer dear Aunt in the Sky, fare any better? There is no telling the misfortunes and hardships our cousins would have had to endure for eons, in a world left so scarred by the Picking of the Stars.

Do their lives allow them to envy us, and our pitiful self-made plights?

Or does the binding of the Shackle, its heartbeat connecting our worlds, hide from us a paradise?

⚯​

Allow me to introduce Nrafhal's Dual, a Pokécentric world. Or rather, two worlds, for the prize of one! Pokémon live here as the focus species and forms of life, and they have developed their cultures, their nations and their own adventures just like we'd see in a PMD world.

Among the distinguishing element of Nrafhal, it merits mention that these worlds are free from human influence. No human trespassers are brought in to solve the Apocalypse of the Week™, no; here, Pokémon evolve to take care of their own problems.

Some Pokémon species and forms are not available normally in Nrafhal compared to mainline worlds: you won't easily find creatures such as Castform or Golett, let alone Mewtwo, who exist as human creations. Other Pokémon may evolve differently, such as Torracat or Wartortle. There may even be new Pokémon that only the worlds of the Suocéverse have seen before.

And they have two worlds to wide open sandbox their adventures in.

The two Mother worlds are Nrafhy-fríd, or Fríd for short, the inner one in the orbit:

Map of Nrafhy-fríd

, and Nrafhy-zmer, or Zmer for short, the outer one in the orbit:

Map of Nrafhy-zmer

The two sister worlds circle their star together, but are kept a distance from each other.

Thus for the most part each world and its inhabitants experience their own plots, as well as the weirdness of their worlds.

However there is one phenomenon that keeps the worlds connected – the Shackle, a persistent energetic pulse that connects specific anchor points in both worlds. The pulse grows stronger during some periods of time, creating a stable energy channel between the two worlds.

A channel stable enough, some Pokémon believe, that it can be used to cross over from one world to the other. But for those who venture into the Shackle or are simply caught by it, the ride comes with a cost.

Over time I'll be publishing more information about these worlds. The main entry points will be at my homepage and the official information will always be at the Suocéverse wik once the Nrafhal section over there is set up, but the WBJ-based showcases will be also crossposted and maintained here.

Umbramatic

The Ghost Lord
Pronouns
Any
Partners
  1. reshiram
  2. zygarde

The Platebearers have various nations existing atop them, with a wide array of governmental systems. Most are ruled democratically, though the imperial forces of others are frequent antagonists throughout the game's story. One particular faction known as The Legion is in constant conflict with another large faction known as The Union.

Umbramatic

The Ghost Lord
Pronouns
Any
Partners
  1. reshiram
  2. zygarde
9. What religion and cosmology exists in your world?

There are multiple religions featured within the world, most with their own sets of deities (though some religions are deityless and dedicated to other spiritual things), who show up as both ally and enemy characters. One group that exists in rivalry with the deities are dragons, who in this world have their own great metaphysical power and are worshiped by many. They also show up as both allies and enemies, and as evidenced with Aulwyr and Calabria their back and forth with the gods has gone on since before the Platebearers.

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
  9. porygon
Gonna speedrun some basics for my main original fiction project, Once Upon a Dragon, a fantasy and magic adventure likely aimed at 10-15 year olds and the kind of books young me wanted to read. It's gone through a ton of revamps and updates but I finally settled on a take I like and have been expanding on a few months.

There are 5 kingdom-planets, which for now are reffered to as the Scoporian Kingdoms. These 5 planets are carried on the back of gigantic celestial patron dragons circling two sun-stars.

Each kingdom-planet has a distinct biome. Forest, Ice, Archipelago, Desert and Mountain.
Respectively; Arboris, Frostell, Quara, Dunevarr, Gomahtai.

Each biome is pretty homogenous, in that there's not a lot of overlap. Arboris is all forests and fields and some small hills and mountains, but not a lot. Lots of varieties of forests though. Fairly temperate, light snow in winters.
Quara is warmer, tropical and a blend of various island-coded aesthetics. Pacific and Caribbean islands. Humid but also quite windy, storms and lots of sun. No snow.
Frostell is ice and tundra, kind of alaskan, antartica, north and south poll and anywhere cold all bundled into one. Big ice fields, glacial oceans, tundras and some mountains and valleys here and there. Sparse vegetation and a few forests. Very cold, a fair bit of sun. Pretty pleasant summers actually.
Dunevarr. Rocky plateus, sweeping swaths of desert sands, red rock canyons. Think Nevada, Arizona, Grand Canyon, Sahara and other deserts. Catus and scrub and hills and caves and canyons. Very hot and dry, no humidity. Not a lot of water, but a decent few rivers and oasis here and there.
Gomahtai is almost all mountains and caves. Big mountains, bigger than any other planet. Extensive caves and lush valleys. Cold winters and warm summers, more distinct temperature shifts than Arboris probably.

The broad flora and fauna is fairly earth-based, as far as non-sapient life. Beyond that, there are two major races; humans and draconic. Of the draconic side, there are hydras*(Hydras are now extinct), wyverns, dragons and a race known as drakkens. The basic distinction here is dragons tend to resemble a fairly traditional design of either eastern or western (like dragon heart or whatever), whereas drakkens are dragon-like beings whose origins are a bit different and look a good bit weirder in design and more adapted to their biome.
Dragons and drakkens also have slightly different magic.

On the human side, the planets tend to have some slight differences, although they're all still human beings. Naturally there's variances even within planets but there tend to be broad cultural similarities.
Quaran people are generally fairly dark-skinned and muscular, and slim. Swimmers builds. Good lung strength. They do lots of swimming and spend plenty of time in the sun.
Dunevarrians/Varrians are quite pale and lighter skinned, and often red/red-brown haired. Light eyes. Freckles. Some have light skin and darker curly hair. Good with their hands at building. They build their cities in glass domes so they actually avoid the sun.
Arborians are fair to light skinned, lighter hair ranging from blonde to browns, range of darker to lighter eye colors.
Frostellans are darker skinned, black and dark brown hair, probably more curly haired, probably pretty sturdy I guess and like, a bit on the bigger side. Rounder faces. Dark eyes. Peerless stamina, strong legs.
Lastly, Gomahtites(?idk about the demonym lol) are wiry and tough, strong hands. Varies from sort of tanned skin to more fair, tending to have straight dark hair, more angular faces and narrow eyes. Good climbers.

The long and short goes like this
Zarek (name pending) creates two dragons whom he imbues with immense power. Their names are pending but they are a sort of East/West Alpha/Omega duo. Sort of yin/yang? Vaguely. For now I'll call them by working names, Polaris and Octantis. Creator deity then forms a barren orb called Scopor. He gives Scopor to the two, to shape as they see fit.

So they do, forming valleys and mountains and fields and forests and so on, and then bringing forth animal life. The two then have 5 children. When the dragonlings are old enough, Polaris and Octantis give each child a portion of Scopor to rule. One for each biome, basically. These are the Firstborn. The Firstborn are nowhere near as powerful as their parents, but still have a little power.

At this point, the land is still teeming with magic, and more Dragons are more from confluences of magic. The Firstborn rule and protect their lands. However, recognizing that they may need arbiters and perspective, they combine their powers and form Dragon Lords (essentially, these are Hydras). Together, with hydras serving as sort of advisors and such, they rule Scopor, while Polaris and Octantis keep watch.

However, soon the Firstborn find themselves lonely. Despite having friends among the dragons and relationships with hydra and each other, there is a certain kinship missing. They confess their fears to their parents who confer with Zarek, and then each take a portion of their soul to create the first humans. The Firstborn and the First Humans become close friends and kin. These First Humans also had unique magic and ways they could wield said magic. Thus, together they created the race known as drakkens, draconic beings with unique properties that suited their biomes.

However, they were also warned that with the powerful magics at work on Scopor, the harmony of the beings living there was part of what kept the land rich and vibrant. As long as they cared for each other and the planet, the land would propser as would people. But if ever they did not, disaster would strike.

Wouldn't you know it, disaster did strike. a hydra named Jeffrey felt a great jealousy for many things. I'll avoid extensive spoilers but lets just say he eventually sowed the seeds of downfall. Strife grew. Eventually it got so bad that the planet Scopor was literally falling apart. Dismayed, Polaris and Octantis used their own power to bind the world and then beseeched Zarek for aid. Zarek tells all draconian and human kind to gather are particular spots in their domains and build a great castle. Any who shelter in the castles walls will be saved.

Many obey, but many refuse, aligning themselves with Dark Lord Jeffrey. the ones who do are transformed into beings known as ash wyrms.

The Schism happens, and the planet is torn apart. Polaris and Octantis sacrifice their physical forms, becoming stars to guide the Firstborn, who are ascended to celestial dragons and take up the task of each carrying these remnants of Scopor, their parents as their guiding light. Magic portals existence to link the worlds now. The castles in the biomes become the centerpiece for kingdoms, and centuries later, we find ourselves at the present.

Soooo.... yeah.

So each kingdom has a distinct sort of vibe, and one special castle from which humans rule. These castles (High Castles?) are massive and irreplicable feats of artistry and engineering and magic, easily as big as like... idk a massive earth building? They're big.
Aside from this, each planet has vibes for its various towns and cities.

Quara has a gigantic living coral castle thats one half above water and one half out of the water. Many of its cities are on small islands, and some are floating cities and towns as well.
Arboris has a grand tree castle, hollow on the inside and miles high and super wide. Easily as big as a large apartment complex. Many towns here are built within the trees, and some are essentially interconnected tree houses.
Frostell is a huge ice castle on a glacier. Many of its towns and cities have tall buildings that form an outer ring while shorter buildings are closer to the center. This protects them from the harsh winds.
Gomahtai is a giant crystal castle in a hollow mountain. Many more towns and cities are also formed straight from the rocks or carved into the sides of mountains.
Dunevarr has a glass castle. Thick, impenetrable glass. Very elaborate and cool. Their towns and cities are often underground entirely, or built with glass domes over the top. The people here tend to stay inside during the day and work/travel at night.

I'll admit I have not given any thought to this, though one thing I do know is a high value is placed on having strong bonds, especially friendship and mentorship, and relationships of a sexual nature are not often valued as "more" important, just different.
Also Scoporis has something called [Soulmates] which is basically like pledge of relationship that is an elevated status of an existing relationship (like a rivalry, mentorship, siblingship, friendship etc)

Bane of my existsence!!!!
I suck at economy. Uh. Its trade based? They trade resources a lot. I used to have gems as money but eh.
Look lets not think about this okay.

Each planet is governed by a human king and queen, who are elected by the majority populace. The High King/Queen rule over all affairs human, and primarily are there to protect the kingdoms from threats (like ash wyrms) and keep peace. Day to day affairs are handled by individual towns/and cities, who tend to be fairly indepedent in small matters.

The child of a high king/queen sometimes carries on the rulership but they still need to pass election by the people.

Draconic races have their own governance, and are only subject to human governance if they intrude upon human territory. Dragons are very indepdent and very 'do your own thing and fight it out'. Drakkens tend to be a bit more organized, depending on the subspecies. Generally you can expect small packs or family clans though.

The primary religions tend to center around the Draconic Edict/Way of the Dragon whatever I call it. a set of rules handed down before the Schism. These are like. 5 life principles from the Firstborn(?) that represent traits and a way to live. Generally positive, although there are those who try to warp it.
Other smaller religions tend to center around worship of nature, dragons, other humans, Jeffrey (this is Bad) and such.

I'll have to mull over #10 a bit, but thats some catchup i guess.

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
  9. porygon
Oh wow this whole concept of sister worlds sounds really cool! Especially the idea of the shackle and a world of pokemon cultures.

Other Pokémon may evolve differently, such as Torracat or Wartortle.

Is this due to the designs having human inspired elements like cannons or wrestling? Does this mean no pokemon with overtly human inspirations and they're redesigned to be more animalistic/natural? Very intrigued by that prospect it's cool.

I'm really interested to see what kind of direction the story would go, and especially what the pokemon cultures look like.
PMD is fun but I've always wondered what a world could look like if it were more... Wild? Is that tone here, as opposed to them living in houses and having commerce and government?

Umbramatic

The Ghost Lord
Pronouns
Any
Partners
  1. reshiram
  2. zygarde

Many festivals are held for both NPCs and Players to enjoy, often commemorating some historical event. One - The Rising - is the largest of them all, commemorating the creation of the Platebearers. Playeras also host their own events - and sometimes the NPCs join in on those too...

Venia Silente

For your ills, I prescribe a cat.
At the 0-divisor point of the Riemann AU Earth
Pronouns
Él/Su
Partners
  1. nidorino
  2. blaziken
  3. fearow
Oh wow this whole concept of sister worlds sounds really cool! Especially the idea of the shackle and a world of pokemon cultures.

Thanks for the interest. I'm probs going to post one more post on the details of the Shackle in particular, but it's probably not going to be until #5 - Culture when it becomes more directly relevant. Oooooor I can find an excuse to write one more "free slot" post later during some downtime.

But since I'm not afraid of spoiling things until then:

The Shackle is a persistent energy channel that sends pulses from one world to the other. Those pulses grow stronger with time, and every so often (currently every 17 years or so) the pulse accumulates enogh energy to also convert matter along the way into it and to cascade from a "pulse" mode to a "tone" or "beam" mode...

...And here's the thing: now you have a planetary beam capable of dematerializing matter into energy and carrying it all the way from one world to the other. If you are a Pokémon, getting close to the pulse during this period might turn you into a volatilized energy form, let's say some sort of red light (red is similar to purple, right? :p) and gets you zapped all the way to your Aunt world.

Kinda like a planet-sized Pokéball beam. :p

But this won't be used for plots much because this volatilization comes with a cost, dun dun duuuun.

Is this due to the designs having human inspired elements like cannons or wrestling? Does this mean no pokemon with overtly human inspirations and they're redesigned to be more animalistic/natural? Very intrigued by that prospect it's cool.

Oh no in their case it's nothing of the sort... I hope. I mean, Honedge gets to stay, right?

[checks documents]

Yeah, they gets to stay.

The Wartortle and Torracat case is simply of being two Pokémon that either have good alternate, canonly-discarded evolution ("Wartortle's Evolution" was a different Pokémon in the RB Series Files leaks) or an IMO good "should have been" evolution concept (Incineroar should have been a quadrupedal! for example). And what better way to ground-test those than being able to add them in an alternate universe!

I'm really interested to see what kind of direction the story would go, and especially what the pokemon cultures look like.
PMD is fun but I've always wondered what a world could look like if it were more... Wild? Is that tone here, as opposed to them living in houses and having commerce and government?

Next up in the queue of kyeugh's prompts is "People" and there's also "Cultures" later so we'll get to see some of that. Doesn't necessarily mean a fully "wild" world but there will certainly be a more "wild" tone, in that Pokémon get to organize and solve their own issues in ways that are not necessarily recognizable to our human sensitivities as modern forms of "culture" or "society"...

... But we'll get to that when we get there!

Anyway, since it's a good thing that someone asked and I also wanted to join in in the bandwagon and ask for stuff:

For @Umbramatic - on their world:

This project focuses on multiple video game worlds, but to start for Part 1 here we will focus on one of them in particular - Mystica Gem Online, an MMORPG.
Oh cool never thought someone would pick up the actual concept of a MMORPG, with the gameplay layer built into it, as a setting. Bold move. I have to say, vidya genres-wise, haven't been visited one of those in a while. Does anything bad happen if I use emoji in my password?

[snip about a dragon and a dark god]
So, interestingly enough, both Aulwyr and Calabria get to stay from the backstory. And they get to "join forces" again at some point for the next boss battle, which is well, a totally joyful time for Aulwyr I'm sure!

But what about the old quest party? Did they get to stay from the backstory? Or are they dead / retired / turned into merchant NPCs?

For @FauxFox - on their world:

It is said that at one point in time most of Santorenna was wetlands, it is now instead dominated by plains and forests, though some wetland areas remain to this day.
Would be interesting to find out later, if it isn't part of story material already, if this was only a tale / a perception of the people of back then, or if the island's biome has been changing that much over time. As well as how did Pokémon migrate and adapt from it. I can think mons like Tototiles would not have been very happy.

And I can surely think of more stuff later, as people keep posting new stuff!
--

Top Bottom