• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[TOWN WINS] Third Anniversary Fanfic Mafia - Game Thread

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
[[Yeah this is kinda a tricky situation for Chibi's claim. I'm kinda inclined to go towards Chibi outing their results now, because even if nobody they tracked lies about where they went they're still locked into telling the truth if any of the actions they took were horribly scummy when their actual role is considered.

Then I wanna know who Pano targeted- at the moment I feel their most likely to be lying, given Doc + Bodyguard + Roleblocker + My JoaT feels like a lot of ways to try and disrupt the kill, and roleblocker is a role that I usually expect to be scum. And targetting the same person every night despite failing to stop the kill in doing so is not a good look, I'd expect them to think they've landed on a power role.]]

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
jet-grump.png
"Yeah, turns out after all that, none of this was useful anyway," Jet grumbled.

[[From the moment Steven claimed, I knew my track log was going to be useless. Steven already all but said he blocked Altair every night, so that rules out catching either of them in a lie. Burhalla already claimed, and if I'd tracked him to a kill last night, well, that'd be alarming even without hearing his claim of who he visited last night. Archie already claimed to have sent mail to Steven. So there's no one left whose action log I could theoretically debunk.]]

[[And yes, this is why I was so sus of Dorien. The way he freaked out and demanded to know how I could possibly know who the mailman was made me think I'd just made a humongous fuckup and softclaimed inforole to a mafia's face. Because obviously he was the only one who knew that he'd visited Steven that night, and there's not very many ways I could have known. Why would a town player with a low-power role be so rattled by having been watched/tracked? Well, obviously the joke was on me because I bet exactly zero of that went through Sind's mind at the time.]]

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
[[I have blocked Inke every night, and I chose her N0 specifically because she had been vocal about being blocked in other games. If she claimed the block, I would have moved on to another target (assuming she was an active power or if there was a second kill after I lifted the block, there'd be some sus coming her way).

When she remained quiet, I figured there were two reasons:
1. She was a passive role, and a good place to park my power while trying to find a better target and not disrupt town's info and protection powers.
2. She had very good reason to stay quiet because if she alerted the group to the block, and the next night there were two kills, that wouldn't be a good look.

There was only one kill every night and no complaints about the block. I was satisfied I was doing the best I could with the info I had.

As far as blocking to prevent a kill, I am more useful the longer the game goes on. Blocking indiscriminately and outing my role early would not bode well for having my utility around at the end of the game.

My guess is all of the disruptive powers mixed with *three* mailmen in this set up was meant to cause maximum confusion depending on how the powers were used.]]

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
[[I have blocked Inke every night, and I chose her N0 specifically because she had been vocal about being blocked in other games. If she claimed the block, I would have moved on to another target (assuming she was an active power or if there was a second kill after I lifted the block, there'd be some sus coming her way).

When she remained quiet, I figured there were two reasons:
1. She was a passive role, and a good place to park my power while trying to find a better target and not disrupt town's info and protection powers.
2. She had very good reason to stay quiet because if she alerted the group to the block, and the next night there were two kills, that wouldn't be a good look.

There was only one kill every night and no complaints about the block. I was satisfied I was doing the best I could with the info I had.

As far as blocking to prevent a kill, I am more useful the longer the game goes on. Blocking indiscriminately and outing my role early would not bode well for having my utility around at the end of the game.

My guess is all of the disruptive powers mixed with *three* mailmen in this set up was meant to cause maximum confusion depending on how the powers were used.]]
[[Usually you wouldn't know you're blocked unless you've got like an info role? So she could easily be an active role that just doesn't receive feedback, and she'd never know she was blocked to claim it.
Obviously the blocker and the mailman and the redirectives could be designed to increase setup confusion and I agree its pretty likely, but it doesn't make those roles 100% town-- if anything, I think there's a decent chance at least one or two of the roles in that group are scum, because confusion like that benefits them. We know two of the mailmen were town, and I know I'm also town, so that makes at most you and/or Starlight scum of that group of probably-confusion intended roles.
I think you both being scum together is a reasonable possibility, and I think the likelihood of that is increased by the fact that you said you got her message, so you could well be covering for her receiving the kill when Kichiro died, especially since you didn't ever claim what it said. Granted, nobody asked you to, but still. Regardless I definitely think at this point at least one of you two is likely to be scum.]]

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
[[very true about not being notified about the block. You would think though after a certain amount of time you hadn't affected anyone you might be curious and pose a question to the group? Something? Anything?

I fully admit it was a gamble on my part, but I thought the risk of not getting feedback was better than blocking, say, the cop or the doctor at random.

Unless I just sat there and did nothing which I guess is also a valid strategy but not one that I personally prefer to play.

I don't think anyone here is lock town if I'm honest. I'm a super paranoid player in these games. I took a look at the role list for the game, and the number of high power killing roles possible (plus two customs) made me very nervous. Still does.

At the end of the day, my claim can be verified. Can we say that about everyone else?]]

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
jet-think2.png
"I just thoughta somethin'. The rules book says that two people got brand new powers not listed anywhere. But no one's claimed anything like that."

[[Negrek explicitly said two custom roles. We've seen zero. Wind as a modified watcher matches the "may have additional modifiers applied" description, so I don't think that's custom. Abra's role is unknown. I suspect Altair's claim will shed insight on Qitlan's role (this isn't a huge leap, Inke basically said so yesterday.)]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[Not sure what to make of any of this yet...

I wonder if abra had a custom role? Perhaps that was why they were so darn quiet? I hope they weren't *cop* oh gosh..

Anyways I think I'll hold out for everyone's full claim and benches action report and stuff to decide]]

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
[[I thought I already gave my action report?]]

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
At the end of the day, my claim can be verified. Can we say that about everyone else?
[[Yes, and as a matter of fact multiple other's not only can but have verified their claims. My claim is verified by the message swap night 1. Starlight's claim is verified by her messages. Chibi's claim, unless you're scum together, is verified, because you only said you targetted the same person each night, not who you targeted. We can't prove that any of these claims are town (yes including the tracker-- scum trackers are an uncommon but existant occurence), but we know all three of these claims are real, which is more than van be said of yours.]]

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
Not sure what to make of any of this yet...

I wonder if abra had a custom role? Perhaps that was why they were so darn quiet? I hope they weren't *cop* oh gosh..

Anyways I think I'll hold out for everyone's full claim and benches action report and stuff to decide
[[I stil think its not impossible that Sike was a custom 3p role, in which case would mean we'd only expect at most one custom town role, which could be Abra, Namo, or Inke-- I think given Inke's soft her role being one of the custom roles seems pretty likely.]]

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
[[Yes, and as a matter of fact multiple other's not only can but have verified their claims. My claim is verified by the message swap night 1. Starlight's claim is verified by her messages. Chibi's claim, unless you're scum together, is verified, because you only said you targetted the same person each night, not who you targeted. We can't prove that any of these claims are town (yes including the tracker-- scum trackers are an uncommon but existant occurence), but we know all three of these claims are real, which is more than van be said of yours.]]
[[Note how I used the word *everyone*. I know there are verified claims. But not *everyone*. Also not sure how claims that don't indicate alignment are more "real" than mine but okay.

If I didn't think your play was incredibly consistent with your town play in a previous game, I'd be wondering what makes your alignment so solidified myself. Claiming you performed a swap to get someone killed (and I have to look back to see how town-read NeoLurosa was at the time) doesn't seem terribly towny.

We don't have any mechanically confirmed town in this game. Unless someone here is a cop and is trying to play it low-key, but I doubt that.]]

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
[[I stil think its not impossible that Sike was a custom 3p role, in which case would mean we'd only expect at most one custom town role, which could be Abra, Namo, or Inke-- I think given Inke's soft her role being one of the custom roles seems pretty likely.]]
jet-think2.png
"Right, yeah. We know the Nosepass prolly wasn't killing anyone, unless he tried to and got stopped. So only one of us havin' a brand-new power would make sense."

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
[[Yeah, Karo was very likely one of the custom roles. Fs in chat for Negrek designing some fun third party only for them to die N1]]

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
[[@Inkedust You around to claim?]]

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
Note how I used the word *everyone*. I know there are verified claims. But not *everyone*. Also not sure how claims that don't indicate alignment are more "real" than mine but okay.
[[That was a misread, I thought it said everyone. But they're more real because even if we can't prove 100% they're all town, we know none of them are fakeclaims. We can't prove that of yours. Also, while most of the other proven claims here are NAI at worst (I forgot to include Tetra's in the list which is basically confirmed townie), yours is generally a scum claim. While I've seen a handful of town roleblockers, the vast majority of roleblockers are scum. Roleblocker is an overwhelming scum role because they can get so much more utility out of it.]]

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
If I didn't think your play was incredibly consistent with your town play in a previous game, I'd be wondering what makes your alignment so solidified myself. Claiming you performed a swap to get someone killed (and I have to look back to see how town-read NeoLurosa was at the time) doesn't seem terribly towny.
[[Yes it is, actually. I was scumreading NeoLurosa hard at that point, so it was only natural I would want them dead. If you're town and you think someone's scum, you try to kill them-- it's pretty simple. And if I was scum who used my swapper Night 1 to kill NeoLurosa, NeoLurosa woulda died Night 1.]]

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
[[Technically scum vigilante isn't impossible, if Negrek just wanted more deaths to make the game go quicker, buuuut seems unlikely.

Also probably if Tetra was legitimately mafia vig probably Kichiro wouldn't have claimed to be a vig in the first place, so yeah, has to be considered very unlikely.]]

Top Bottom