• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[TOWN WINS] Third Anniversary Fanfic Mafia - Game Thread

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
I don't have any other suspects I feel strongly enough about voting except maybe like Starlight so this is where I'm going today.
jet-grump2.png
"If you still think Archie's sus, why're you votin' for the same person as him? I don't get it."

[[Couldn't Virgil just kill a target of our choice during the night, and if anyone else dies without him dying, we know to eliminate him immediately? Like, this is verifiable. It's just that if he is Mafia and we let him live, that sucks for us lmao. Still, we get a shot at someone else in the meantime.]]
jet-laugh.png
"Good luck gettin' everyone to agree on who he oughta shoot."

[[I don't think we have to worry about the Mafia picking the same target as Virgil if we tell Virgil to shoot scum. But given that we don't even have a consensus on who to vote, that's a tall order. (Regardless, I'm pretty sure I can guess who he'd pick.)]]

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
jet-grump2.png

"If you still think Archie's sus, why're you votin' for the same person as him? I don't get it."
[[I can consider someone suspect and still agree with them on certain things.]]

NeoLurosa

Junior Trainer
Pronouns
J:they/them HY:she
[[We've had a couple claims. How are we feeling about a mass-claim? I was thinking of keeping everything obfuscated for another day phase/until we eliminate a Mafioso, but I'm reconsidering in the light of these claims. Ugh.]]

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
[[Eh, it occurs to me that there's literally no reason not to say it. Virgil's obviously gonna shoot Inke. How do we feel about that? Inke isn't around but I imagine she'd be extra super concerned about this development.]]

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
[[I don't think we have to worry about the Mafia picking the same target as Virgil if we tell Virgil to shoot scum. But given that we don't even have a consensus on who to vote, that's a tall order. (Regardless, I'm pretty sure I can guess who he'd pick.)]]
[[If we tell him to shoot town we would. And if we tell him to shoot town and he's scum Mafia can easily just fake the shot by shooting where we tell him to.]]

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
I also genuinely wonder if Inke is a Mafia Role Cop who discovered my role on N1. Would certainly explain why she's been so hyper fixated on for two days now.
[[This seems really OMGUS.
A Mafia rolecop would just shoot your ass. Nobody's been townreading you so there's no reason to worry about protectives. You'd be dead already if Inke was a rolecop who saw and was worried about your role, simple as that.
I'm not calling you scum over the OMGUS because I've seen town do it, but I'm pretty dang sure that's what this is. Inke's not scummy for having called you scum.]]

Inkedust

Harbinger of Sunrise
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. ninetales-inkedust
  2. solgaleo-inkedust
  3. xerneas
  4. zoroark-inkedust
I'd say giving two examples why I'm not parroting and why your reasons for suspecting me are false counts as a "compelling" defense, but I guess you wouldn't really care about any of that if you're scum and you see your bandwagon is taking off.
[[Mate, going 'nuh uh, I'm not sus' is not a compelling defence. I am currently sussing you because you're barely coming up with any new theories. Your absorber theory was pointed to first by Yellow who said to look at the list of roles to try and explain three Mailmen. Free has also pointed out that such a theory is also easy to make as Mafia. You are also hyper fixating on the parroting point, which I haven't brought up for a while, this is further lowering my read of you. What I was focused on today (and what I pointed out yesterday) was the fact that your vote on Sind looked like an easy jump on a Town bandwagon from a Mafia player.

Additionally, claiming Strong-man but a Town-version leaves me skeptical. It sounds like an easy claim for an actual Mafia strongman to make, which is why I have my doubts as well.

I also genuinely wonder if Inke is a Mafia Role Cop who discovered my role on N1. Would certainly explain why she's been so hyper fixated on for two days now.
If a Mafia Role-Cop found out that you were a vig, they would've just shot you instead of trying to mislynch you. Mafia always go for their biggest threats. A Vig is high on that priority listing. Yes, Wind claimed Watcher which is a pretty big deal, but I get the impression that Mafia would rather try making you go quietly rather than risking one of their members for elimination on your flip.

[[We've had a couple claims. How are we feeling about a mass-claim? I was thinking of keeping everything obfuscated for another day phase/until we eliminate a Mafioso, but I'm reconsidering in the light of these claims. Ugh.]]
You know what? I wasn't one for massclaiming before as non-town, but as an actual Townie, I'm actually for it given how much nothing we're currently working with. Also if it's going to clear sus on me? Then gladly because attempting to sus me is rather unproductive for Town.

[[Eh, it occurs to me that there's literally no reason not to say it. Virgil's obviously gonna shoot Inke. How do we feel about that? Inke isn't around but I imagine she'd be extra super concerned about this development.]]
I'm not dumb. I picked up on this the moment he claimed. I'm just going to say that it's a fucking stupid idea for a reason that I can only elaborate on with a role-claim.]]

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
[[At this point we've got I think like half the living players claimed anyway, so I'm alright with it now/soon. Kinda torn-- I half want to say wait for tomorrow for everyone to be around, but I also don't want to give Mafia the whole night of time to formulate fakes.
Maybe force an extension as happy medium to do it? I'll happily let y'all pile on me or something to make the extension happen so we can have people around for a massclaim.]]

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
[[Okay, so here's the deal. I have to head out in like 15 mins, but once I arrive at my destination I have one last chance to look at my phone for like 5 seconds. I could vote for someone who has zero votes and everyone could pile on to force an extension.]]

[[I can consider someone suspect and still agree with them on certain things.]]
[[If you think someone is scum, and you join their wagon, either you think they're just throwing a token vote on a partner and they don't actually want it to take off, or... you're helping them vote town?]]

[[Increasingly... thinking... maybe...]]

jet-grump1.png
"This game is stupid--every time we think we know something, turns out we don't. I'm sick of not knowing stuff!"

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
[[If you think someone is scum, and you join their wagon, either you think they're just throwing a token vote on a partner and they don't actually want it to take off, or... you're helping them vote town?]]
[[Or I think two people are roughly equally scummy but don't necessarily see them as aligned and my read on the person starting the wagon could change depending on the flip.]]

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
[[This is incredibly galaxy-brained and I don't think it's likely, but I'd be remiss if I didn't ponder the universe where the mafia rolecopped and shot Namo, in order to use his role as a fakeclaim later. It's completely wild, but I had to say it to get it out of my head.]]

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
[[Okay, so here's the deal. I have to head out in like 15 mins, but once I arrive at my destination I have one last chance to look at my phone for like 5 seconds. I could vote for someone who has zero votes and everyone could pile on to force an extension.]]
[[Go ahead and vote me when you get the chance.]]

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
[[This is incredibly galaxy-brained and I don't think it's likely, but I'd be remiss if I didn't ponder the universe where the mafia rolecopped and shot Namo, in order to use his role as a fakeclaim later. It's completely wild, but I had to say it to get it out of my head.]]
[[I don't think it's actually that unlikely now that you suggest it. Having a fakeclaim that won't be counterclaimed is really important in case of a massclaim, so rolecopping your N0 shot can be incredibly useful in games roles don't flip.]]

Inkedust

Harbinger of Sunrise
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. ninetales-inkedust
  2. solgaleo-inkedust
  3. xerneas
  4. zoroark-inkedust
[[They're going to be getting a pretty nasty counterclaim coming their way if that happens.]]

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
[[They're going to be getting a pretty nasty counterclaim coming their way if that happens.]]
Jet’s eyes glinted mischievously.

[[11pm UTC, go go extension~]]

Vote: Dawning/Nefari

Negrek

Windswept Questant
Staff
in an ideal world i would have remembered to put those in order, but here we are

going to edit, Starlight is obviously on there twice

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
[[oh my fuck oh my god I fell asleep on the couch holy shit I have never backread a thread so fast. Uhh we're voting extension? Oh my god what year is it. Extension is good, it's 12 hours right?

Vote: DawningWinds

Bless the Stanley Cup Playoffs and my score notification alerts omg]]

Top Bottom