• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[TOWN WINS] Third Anniversary Fanfic Mafia - Game Thread

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
- Dragonfree heals Inke
- Inke inspects Chibi
- Chibi tracks Bench
- Bench protects Chibi
- Starlight mails Bench
- Dawning forces someone's target?
[[Hrmm, this does not actually prove anything about Chibi. If Chibi is set to track Bench who is set to protect Chibi, Chibi can say they tracked Bench to Chibi whether they did or not.]]

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
[[In order to actually verify Chibi’s role we would need them to track somebody whose target is not predetermined (and who is definitely not mafia with Chibi).]]

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
[[Specifically I was imagining my hypothetical of mafia Chibi and Dawning, where Dawning redirects me at somebody else and Chibi shoots Inke, but that would be four mafia total which is not very likely]]

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
[[Ah, I see, I was focused too much on Inke's inspection, yeah. Hm. I admit I'm struggling to come up with a watertight plan if Dawning is mafia, since they could change anyone's target. I admit it's not a scenario I considered likely.]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[In order to actually verify Chibi’s role we would need them to track somebody whose target is not predetermined (and who is definitely not mafia with Chibi).]]
[[Wait am I misunderstanding? Doesn't Inke clear chibi?]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[But if we need a target we can have Chibi track starlight, no?]]

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
[[Even if we assume one mafia left, then if mafia!Starlight (probably most likely scenario), Starlight killing Bench would be indistinguishable from the scenario where somebody else kills Bench to frame Starlight, which is probably not good...? Might be better if Starlight mails somebody who is protected maybe? But if the protected person is the real mafia, they could still frame Starlight by killing Bench or whoever and claiming they didn't get any mail @_@]]

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
[[But one of the protected people is Inke, and the whole solve falls apart if Inke is mafia anyway.

I don't think it's possible for a solve to not involve at least one person we're assuming is town.]]

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
[[Maybe I could protect Inke? Or would that mess up things?]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[yeah, that's what I'm saying. We pick Starlight target for them and chibi follows them]]

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
[[Specifically I was imagining my hypothetical of mafia Chibi and Dawning, where Dawning redirects me at somebody else and Chibi shoots Inke, but that would be four mafia total which is not very likely]]
[[For me to be Mafia with Chibi I think one of two things has to be the case: third person has to most likely be Inke, or Chibi has to be an actual tracker. Because Chibi has to have a way of knowing Pano's target was Inke in advance.
Chibi can be Mafia with basically anyone bar Tetra and probably Pano in the latter (which is because I probably can't be Mafia with Pano not because Chibi can't) case; if were Mafia with Bench Chibi could've lied about their target the night they targeted them, same with Inke. Nothing strongly separates them from anyone else.

Also I'm busy today and have only skimmed the thread. I'll try and post a little more throughout the day as I get the chance but I make no promises.]]

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
[[Uh, I mean. If I were mafia, why would I need to be a tracker because Pano just could have told me. Because we'd be scumbuddies.]]

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
[[Uh, I mean. If I were mafia, why would I need to be a tracker because Pano just could have told me. Because we'd be scumbuddies.]]
[[For you to be Mafia with me specifically. I'm pretty sure a Dawning/Chibi scumteam implies a town Pano as generally Mafia only has one disruptor.]]

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
[[Pano confessed]]

Starlight Aurate

Ad Jesum per Mariam | pfp by kintsugi
Partners
  1. mightyena
  2. psyduck
[[Hiiii so a lot happened while I was a sleep. I know I'm the last real unknown and I'm trying to follow The Plan but my brain is mostly fixated on finishing a draft I need to have done an hour after EoD 🙃 I don't have much to say about the plan except that if DW is Mafia then she could just redirect stuff, no? I could easily be framed for killing by having my mail and a killshot both sent to the same person.]]

[[Why don’t you think it’s us, Starlight?]]
[[I DO think Chibi is mafia! I don't feel as bad about you because you've been relatively helpful? Except that the way you keep defending Chibi makes me go 'but why???' but I also know I am completely terrible at reading others so maybe it's just me. And then we get back into the 3 vs. 4 mafia debacle. And kindof why I don't feel too great about following a plan Chibi formulated 😅 ]]
[[For what it’s worth I’m paranoid all the time. At the start of this day I expressed significant paranoia about Chibi; I’m kind of surprised neither you nor Starlight took an interest in my thoughts there. I’m not remotely certain about Chibi or DW and part of my brain is still preparing to congratulate them on bamboozling us. I’ve still got mafia vig Tetra in my head. But right now I’m significantly more suspicious of you and Starlight.]]
[[When did you put paranoia about Chibi? I noticed you had expressed it on earlier days, which I largely agreed with. I haven't been as active this day phase and have done a lot more skimming than before.]]

[[Anyway gg Pano! I always love playing with you <3]]

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
[[I'm perfectly fine with following anyone's plan? I just ask that Inke be protected, and that Inke inspect me, because clearing me will let my information be used. I still haven't thought of a solve that works if Dawning is mafia, but I don't consider that a realistic scenario at all for the reasons I've already laid out.]]

Top Bottom