• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[Town victory] Vanilla Mafia!

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
That still doesn’t answer why you didn’t speak up the moment Kent claimed the lovers role, or why you voted for Mike instead when you knew Kent was lying. And only now that the tables have started to turn on Kent have you changed your mind to vote for him.”
“Again…I didn’t speak up because I was planning to watch them dig their own holes. But then new information came to light, I thought about it, and decided to reveal my hint.”

He crossed his arms. “Anybody else is free to try me.”

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
[[guys I’m pretty sure I know why Sind says she knows who the lovers are and why she didn’t claim so earlier annnnd I’m going to say we don’t want to lynch her]]

Tentatively voting AbraPunk.

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[Yeah all right. Likely. Vote stays, I think she might even be our SK.]]

AbraPunk

Cosmic Guardian
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. luxio
It’ll be your loss, I promise you that much.”

"If those words weren't just the most poorly disguised threat I've ever heard--" Kent shook his head.

"Yeah, I think the natural thing to do here is to get rid of you, pretty boy."

(Unvote: Homestar)
Vote: Clovis

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
[I should like to also say that whatever Sind claims, they did only start brekaing out serious counterclaims once a few very mild sus were edged in her direction. And even if you say this was a ploy of some kind or a gambit not to reveal the supposedly critical info Sind's claims aren't properly adding up.

Vote stands, I encourage others that we can net a success and lynch Sind.]]
[[How aren’t they adding up? What claims have I made that aren’t adding up? I only claimed I didn’t have powers and that I know who the lovers are.

I also broke into my counterclaim because I sat and thought about it, truthfully. I picked an absolutely terrible time to admit it though, because yes, it was after I had some minor sus thrown at me, but that is my excuse.]]

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
"If those words weren't just the most poorly disguised threat I've ever heard--" Kent shook his head.

"Yeah, I think the natural thing to do here is to get rid of you, pretty boy."

(Unvote: Homestar)
Vote: Clovis
“Alright, liar. If I die, I know karma will shove itself down your throat.”

AbraPunk

Cosmic Guardian
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. luxio
“Alright, liar. If I die, I know karma will shove itself down your throat.”

"Pff, yeah, alright. Whatever. I don't believe in karma."

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
[[Or like. It’s totally possible AbraPunk isn’t scum here, but I am sick and it’s 3:30 AM I will examine this more and post properly tomorrow]]

Bluwiikoon

waow!
Pronouns
He/him
Partners
  1. nosepass-bluwiikoon
[[We need to sleep instead of reading mafia thread!!!! I'm at 4:30am!!!! AAAAAAAA]]

Bluwiikoon

waow!
Pronouns
He/him
Partners
  1. nosepass-bluwiikoon
[[While this is on my mind - we use the word Yeet instead of Lynch on tcodf for reasons, would that be considered a favourable substitution here? ^^ Or, like, Banish?]]

[[ANYWAY, SLEEP]]

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
[[guys I’m pretty sure I know why Sind says she knows who the lovers are and why she didn’t claim so earlier annnnd I’m going to say we don’t want to lynch her]]
[[THANK YOU!]]

11_Shout.png "No! You're all making a mistake! I believe him! He's telling the truth! Some people just have trouble talking about these things... The friend I made back home is like that, too."

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[I present my final thoughts for the night:

Option 1: Sind is 100% truthfull and Abra is dangerous and not lover (dangerous to who? Mafia???)
Option 2: Sind is lying and trying to make us lynch the lover by claiming they know who is the lover
Option 3: Sind wants us to kill someone innocent because they know who is innocent somehow.

Option 1: We lynch Abra. Abra is lover. Two people die, the SK goes free, 2 more may die in the night (or SK holds off to hold back suspicion). 4 Deaths
Option 2: We lynch Abra. They're important to us or they're innocent. We may lose a key role, 3 deaths total, if SK kills in the night.
Option 3: We lynchAbra, they're SK or something scum, hooray, 1 in our favor. SK/Mafia might take2 in the night. 2 Deaths
Option 4: We lynch Sind. They're important to us or they're innocent. 3 deaths total, if SK kills in the night.
Option 5: We lynch Sind; they're SK or scum, hooray, 1 in our favor. SK/Mafia might take2 in the night. 2 Deaths

This is mostly as a breakdown for anyone interested.]]

[[My vote remains on Clovis/Sind]]

Homestar!

Mikeposter/Galaxy-Brainer
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. nidoqueen
"I considered that vital information, yes, but nothing that needed to be shared yet. Even as Kent falsely claimed lover while we were debating whether to lynch him or Mike, my goal was for the mafia to hopefully off him while we took down Mike, eliminating both the imminent threats in the process, without me having to paint a target on my back so early on by revealing this information, and hopefully using it later."
“I realized that there was a small chance that the scum wouldn't take that bait of him crying lover, but us townies would be too scared to lynch him out of fear of the claim being true. And if the scum did rush to off him, a doctor—if we even have one among us—might possibly protect him, and allow him to keep doing whatever he’s trying to stay alive to do.”

Mike ran the numbers in his head. He furrowed his brow and scratched at his peach fuzz.

"If you knew who the lovers were, either it was your hint or you're one of them," he thought aloud. "Seems stupid to oust yourself, so let's assume the former. If it was your hint, you're at the very least vanilla in some capacity. Could be a Townie. Could just be a Grunt-- er, a Goon.

"I don't like the bandwagon on them, just in case it is the latter. It's sus as all hell, sure, but..." Mike shook his head, "no, no way in hell they'd make this gambit unless they knew this as their hint.

"If we say it's their hint, and it's true, it does seem stupid to have not said something the instant Kent claimed lovers.

"It also seems incredibly stupid for Kent to claim lovers, as it means he's dead tonight if he's not mafia..."

Mike clapped his hands and barked out a laugh, "which means my shot-in-the-dark was right!"

UNVOTE PORYFRIEND/BLU

VOTE KENT/ABRA

AbraPunk

Cosmic Guardian
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. luxio
Mike clapped his hands and barked out a laugh, "which means my shot-in-the-dark was right!"

Kent dug his nails into his palms hard enough to draw blood. Good.

"Asshole." Was all he could get out through his absolute fury.

Inkedust

Harbinger of Sunrise
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. ninetales-inkedust
  2. solgaleo-inkedust
  3. xerneas
  4. zoroark-inkedust
Altair impatiently stamped his foot. "One at a time!"

[[Well this changes things. I want to say, upfront that I am inclined to believe Sind's claim. Yes, the timing is off but strategically, this is a very bad play for scum/serial killer. We've been over this with Mike. All this will do is give them a potential mislynch today, only to be brought under fire the moment the target flips.

Tetra, I have little to no doubts that you aren't anything but innocent, but you need to drop the tunneling on Mike/Clovis because the chances of them being scum is looking less and less likely as the day goes by. If you keep honing in on the fact that they must be scum for what can be inferred from a newbie misplay, then you'll be kneecaping the town if either of them flip innocent and it'll be bad feelings all around. Trust me, I've been there.

Abra did not directly claim Lover—but did not deny it when others began assuming this to be the case—which could be why Sind didn't see the need to reveal the information she was given. This is the biggest crease I can find in this entire claim.

Unless Abra can come up with a convincing counterargument, my vote is going to Kent/Abrapunk.]]

SparklingEspeon

Back on Her Bullshit
Staff
a Terrace of Indeterminate Location in Snowbelle
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. fennekin
  3. zoroark
"Everyone's contributed at least a little to the game so far except the sylveon! I think! There are definitely reasons she might be quiet besides being a killer trying to escape notice, but we can't assume that she's not one!"

[[ @SparklingEspeon are you super busy or smth, bud? ]]
So I uhhh

Completely blanked on this
It blew up faster than I could keep up with and I can barely even follow the logic trail at this point because there was A Lot
As I've seen this I haven't really caught up yet, so... I'm gonna do that tonight. I hope.

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
ebony-screm.png "I don't like this!! I don't know what all's going on yet, but I'm not voting for the fancy human!"

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Tetra, I have little to no doubts that you aren't anything but innocent, but you need to drop the tunneling on Mike/Clovis because the chances of them being scum is looking less and less likely as the day goes by. If you keep honing in on the fact that they must be scum for what can be inferred from a newbie misplay, then you'll be kneecaping the town if either of them flip innocent and it'll be bad feelings all around. Trust me, I've been there.

Abra did not directly claim Lover—but did not deny it when others began assuming this to be the case—which could be why Sind didn't see the need to reveal the information she was given. This is the biggest crease I can find in this entire claim.

Unless Abra can come up with a convincing counterargument, my vote is going to Kent/Abrapunk.]]
[[Well we have to vote for somebody, right? Right now Sind is looking the most suspect.

Maybe, call me whatever, I'm trying to avoid the off chance we're killing a lover.

Because that's 4 innocents dead, 6 total, and thats a lot. So yeah, give me someone else to vote for then, hm.

Everyone is tunneling on abra btw so no. I'm making educated inferences and I am perfectly comfortable with my choices up until this point.

Also everyone's saying how 'Xyz is obv a dumb move yet one person alreayd did that so. We're all new here hm.

And frankly, you're all convinced abra isnt town but maybe you'll have bad feels for bandwagoning someone without any actual evidence either.]]

Top Bottom