• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[Town victory] Vanilla Mafia!

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
It’s a risk to leave Altair alive, yes, but killing Altair will do the mafia a favor. I really think it’s worth letting him live another day and giving him the benefit of the doubt. He’s laid all the cards on the table and by siding with town, he can at least feel like he’s on the winning team, which is the most he can ask for at this point.]]
[[But what if Inke is making an honest mistake and they kill someone who isn't mafia? What if they wind and wind is our cop? Not even intentionally, just accidentally, thinking the wrong thing]]

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
[[Banishing the SK lowers the kill count, while killing Mafia will not. Without any roles that can verify targets, we can't actually verify whether or not Inke is upholding their end of the bargain.

Very weirded out by heal clash, but three people have hinted/said it's present so I guess it is a thing... I think Juggernaut/Healclash Doc/Rolecop is a hugely powerful mafia compared to what we know of our town, and some people are also theorizing there's 6 of them? Not a bloody chance. Skeptical of Mafia Doctor because it gives the Mafia two ways of bypassing doctors and ratchets up out potential kills per night (w/o lovers) to 3. Why even bother having town doctors with Juggernaut and Mafia Healclash doc? Some people are speculating our scum faction is almost on the level of what we saw last game, which was role madness for town. I don't think scum is that powerful but we just have a pile of Lovers. Perhaps we have two town rolecops, though, and the Mafia has up to two kills, but no way to identify targets?

Gut is screaming to vote Altair, hell, I 'suggested' this play early on as a literal joke because of what an easy choice sacrificing a claimed SK should be.

I also think that this also clears up the Rolecop/SK question a lot: Rolecop would probably read "One-Shot Bulletproof" on Inke.]]

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
[[I want to note that the lovers are apparently also masons, generally considered a pretty useful thing to be as town. I absolutely believe that two pairs of town lovermasons is real, but only because Namo has a strong, consistent, clearly observed and self-admitted love for games with a billion working parts. I also buy Bulletproof SK. I'm a lot less sure about the mafia being as freaking strong as last game, though. Mafia Doc was... unpopular. We memed about it.]]

[[Anyway Lyn is right, we should sacrifice our SK claimant and force the mafia to choose between power roles and lovers.]]

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Reme drank more of her choco, ruminating. "It seems my voice has returned, and he is quite... intrigued at what has happened thus far. I believe he's going to sort through recent events even more thoroughly than even he thought possible... Which may take a while. We've been quite busy, after all."

And from what Reme could tell... no one wanted any of her chocolate. A shame, but that meant there was more for her.

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
The main problem here is that your reasons for inspecting me N1 are flimsy at best when you have players like Bart making obfuscating posts and tossing votes around like candy. My voting behaviour did nothing to indicate scum:
[]Specifically because you were null to light suspicion, while Bart was reading scummier. Better to inspect someone who might be going under the radar.

To quote the mafia wiki for the cop:
It is generally best to investigate players you have null reads on, and let the Day game sort out the players that are very scummy or very Townish.

I was going off this advice because i... am a fairly inexperienced townie.To me, picking someone that I was struggling to get a read on and I had nothing to go off of other than previous mafia experience and voting habits was a better choice than picking a player that a significant amount of people, including myself to a degree, were suspicious of. ]]

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
And from what Reme could tell... no one wanted any of her chocolate. A shame, but that meant there was more for her.

BARTHOLOMEW:
--wait, i'll take some

The DS wobbled over, folded itself closed, and lowered itself into the cup of chocolate. The stylus stirred the concoction. Though the DS wasn't open and partially submerged, Pictochat was still open and up. It periodically sent out idle doodles that transferred to the minds of everyone here. The art was improving. Its figures were actually recognizable without context now.

BARTHOLOMEW:
--you think you'd think it be better to look innocent when you actually are
--both me and my voice are learning that's not always true
--btw my voice is going to do a real post soon. he just wants to read through the thread actually
--in the meantime i forgot to vote

An invisible touch drew a figure of Altair[/Inkedust] on the screen. A single line connected the yamask's head and stone slab. Its arms were wobbly noodles. One was holding a knife.

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
[[I really do believe that we ought to leave Wind alone. If they're even maybe telling the truth then of course we want to try hard to keep them around, and the Mafia will probably kill them next unless they're protected (bit disgusted at the possibility of us somehow WIFOM-ing ourselves into losing our cop or healer clashing our cop to death...) and Altair urgently needs to go pretty much no matter what at this point. Anyway, their reasoning seems solid to me. Investigating nulls is the correct play as an inforole. Let me know if I've missed something, of course.]]

AbraPunk

Cosmic Guardian
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. luxio
Leave Altair alone and scum hunt. You lynch a scum while Altair gets shot again by the Mafia. And, since I'd like to take the Mafia down with me, I can give you a free NK on one of the biggest scum-reads left alive

"Hmm. Skimming through everything else, it seems like this might be the unpopular decision, but I'm down for this plan. Assuming he keeps to his word, of course." Kent said as he looked over the journal at Altair.

Altair’s BP claim really confused me, but now that they’ve claimed SK it all makes sense and it aligns with my reads.

Reme, Bart and Anti are all mafia.

TRUST ALTAIR, YOU GUYS.

"Exactly! Thank you, weird voice."

BREAKING NEWS BULLETIN:

GOD SAYS I CAN'T SHOULDN'T QUIT

AND I HAPPEN TO AGREE

"I mean, hey, town is town. Even if you're dead weight, you're still one of us, and thus giving us a better chance to win."

"Anyways." He flipped rapidly through the journal's pages. "Yeah... gonna go the unpopular route real quick. This metal man needs to piss off."

Vote: Anti (Windskull)

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
"Anyways." He flipped rapidly through the journal's pages. "Yeah... gonna go the unpopular route real quick. This metal man needs to piss off."

Vote: Anti (Windskull)
[[I understand where you come from but I really recommend we get rid of our SK.

Given all the new information coming to light, getting rid of someone who very well could be our cop is risky. Just a thought! ^^]]

AbraPunk

Cosmic Guardian
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. luxio
Given all the new information coming to light, getting rid of someone who very well could be our cop is risky. Just a thought!
[[ 🤔 hmm

had to skim these last few pages so didnt pick up everything, are we absolutely sure that they could be a cop?? Didnt everyone just agree that they were mafia?? ]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[
[[ 🤔 hmm

had to skim these last few pages so didnt pick up everything, are we absolutely sure that they could be a cop?? Didnt everyone just agree that they were mafia?? ]]

We don't know, but there's a decent chance they are cop.

There is however, a 100% chance inke is SK. See:
Vote: Inkedust/Altair]]
my whole post
[[I really do believe that we ought to leave Wind alone. If they're even maybe telling the truth then of course we want to try hard to keep them around, and the Mafia will probably kill them next unless they're protected (bit disgusted at the possibility of us somehow WIFOM-ing ourselves into losing our cop or healer clashing our cop to death...) and Altair urgently needs to go pretty much no matter what at this point. Anyway, their reasoning seems solid to me. Investigating nulls is the correct play as an inforole. Let me know if I've missed something, of course.]]
jackies post

Even if Wind is mafia we need to go with our surefire for now to reduce anything weird happening]]

AbraPunk

Cosmic Guardian
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. luxio
We don't know, but there's a decent chance they are cop.
[[ hhhhhhhh alright ]]

"...Sorry, but it looks like the voices know best. So, uh... you gotta go, Altair."

Unvote: Anti
Vote: Altair

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
"Good show, Kent," Hana replied. Perhaps they could win yet... it was only a shame Steven hadn't made it to see....

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
[[just chiming in to say yes, absolutely let’s not kill the claimed cop without extremely solid evidence that it’s a fake claim]]

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"...It is a shame, my Voice only got through the first half of this new day before realizing how futile everything had become for us. And he was working so hard too." She took a drink of her hot choco. "I guess it will only be me for the rest of the day."

Reme was pleasantly surprised to see Mike and Bartholomew join her side. "You both are welcome to however much you want. I doubt I am to survive the night since it looks like Altair hopes to get Anti lynched, and then will either target me or one of the lovers within the night."

"And, Mike, whether you choose to leave or not, I will admit that it was pleasant having the pleasure to meet you. I've never met any human humans before, and you will certainly stick in my mind."

The Gardevoir sighed, looking over to Wes, or maybe the Voice behind him. "It sounds to me that you've had poor experiences with Altair before, and are somewhat familiar with how much of a trickster he and his voice can be. My own Voice wishes to point to the last experience you three encountered, with a situation much like this one. Altair seeming entirely town, and someone on the town adamantly pushing for my Voice's suspicious behavior."

"Some of you trust Salem, and even Salem herself believes my Voice to be innocent, considering his common playstyle, if you can even call it that."

"I would also like to point out that since my voice has experience against deceptive Mafia, that despite his lack of intelligence, if he was Mafia and wanted to stay alive he wouldn't be painting such a massive bullseye on himself like this. Half of his "mistakes" was talking, when any Mafia easily could stay quiet and let the masses dictate his actions, and not having helpful thoughts since he himself has admitting to the fault of his intelligence and the lack of evidence for he himself to provide insightful thought."

Another long drink. "And, when he realized his only use was of that of a body to throw around, he offered himself and me for a day extension when the masses were also thinking about having one. One could say that he could have just voted someone else instead of asking others to vote him, which was a slip up of the mind in the heat of the moment and the lack of time as the day was ending shortly anyway."

"My Voice isn't a logical individual as often as the likes of you, but he is trying his best all the same. Voting him out for his differing playstyle stings, but he can see why such a thing would be frowned upon."

"As far as anything potentially helpful, my voice and I will repeat the information that came with out vanilla role: There is an odd number of town, and second this statement:"

[[just chiming in to say yes, absolutely let’s not kill the claimed cop without extremely solid evidence that it’s a fake claim]]

"If you all believe me to be suspect, then vote me, the one not claiming a role, instead of the one who is." Reme said. "Whether my voice is logical or not, even he knows that if you had to decide between someone who might be town with a power, versus someone who might not have a power at all, you should get rid of the weaker of the two."

"Or perhaps we get rid of the one who calls themself the Serial Killer, and not even Vigilante."

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
had to skim these last few pages so didnt pick up everything, are we absolutely sure that they could be a cop?? Didnt everyone just agree that they were mafia??
11_Shout.png "I don't agree!"

Hazel wanted to pace back and forth as she spoke, but that would disturb Jean and Ebony, so she remained still. "I think that the person who sees what people's powers are would see the inky bird as bulletproof. That means they have to be telling the truth about who they are, or else it would be impossible for them to know the inky bird wants to kill us all! After all, knowing whether people are good or bad would be useless for the bad people because they're already talking to each other anyways, so they already know."

06_Sad.png "Goodbye, other bird."

VOTE: ALTAIR

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
Wes pinched his nose in frustration. “Fine. Fine. I’m not going to convince any of you to vote otherwise, am I?”

[[Sighhhhhh

Well I can’t say I didn’t try. I still think Altair is worth trusting because he’s our only chance of taking down two mafia at once and we have STRONG scumreads on several of them.

I’ve said it once but I’ll say it again: I’m 100% convinced that Anti is mafia.

I wanted to opt for a compromise and vote for neither Altair nor Anti and go for Bart instead since we’re all pretty certain they’re scum, but nobody is listening to meeeeee

I give up lol. I won’t change my vote just yet though since we still have lots of time for new info to come to light.]]

AbraPunk

Cosmic Guardian
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. luxio
Wes pinched his nose in frustration. “Fine. Fine. I’m not going to convince any of you to vote otherwise, am I?"

"Hey, I tried to vote for the metal dude, but, uh..." He gestured vaguely to Hana. "Yeah."

"If I could somehow vote for both of them, I absolutely would. But I don't think that's possible? Correct me if I'm wrong."

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
ebony-concern.png "Umm... the reason I didn't think it made sense for Steven to be a role cop was because of the information that I got. But I'm not going to say what it is. I could still use it to catch someone lying. And I can't do that if I just tell everyone what it is."

"If anti-guy is good, then Reme has to be too. But... who's even left to be bad, then? The Sylveon and Ninetales??" She glanced at them skeptically.

"Also. If healers can kill people on accident,"--she stuck out her tongue to show how dumb and bad that was--"then that just makes it more likely that the bad guys would have one! At first I thought there was no way that healers could do that here. But the way Bart talked yesterday, it had to be true."

Ebony barked out some embers into the snow in frustration.

[[At one point yesterday I was going to threaten that I would literally Paypal 50 dollars if I was wrong about the no heal clash thing. Ngl, kinda wish I'd said it--would've made for a hilarious top ten clown moments.]]

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
"M-metal?" He pinched at the fabric of his suit, as if he wasn't sure himself. "...Do you think I'm a robot? Why do people keep doing that?"

Top Bottom