• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[Town victory] Vanilla Mafia!

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Hana started crying. "My head hurts."

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[Also super disappointed things circled around to sus chibi hard enough to roleclaim, :(((( ]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[Not chibi, EQUI, early brain mistype]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[well even if Wind is lying I wanna skill the SK, right? Nnnngggg but claiming SK is also a death sentence but we have no guranteeees they won't go after loves or something.

Jackie says chibi is probably town.

But why vote Bart instead of the current debacle? Just curious about reasoning. @Chibi Pika .not sus or anything but every clarification helps.

Anyways isn't voting for guaranteed SK the best move?

Although a free mafia night kill would be good. But if we kill SK we avoid four deaths and only get two]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[Wait a second.
Inke and Steven were targeted. Inke claims he's BP
But Equi AKA Bartholomew claimed he protected me but that's impossible or a lie, if Inkes claim about getting is BP burst is true.]]

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
[[Doctors don’t know if their target was actually targeted, Equi isn’t claiming you were attacked (unless I missed that on my skim of his post)]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[Even so doesn't it seem weird to protect only one half of a known set of four lovers?
Why not protect rolecop or something?

It seems weird is all. They gamebled on a 1/4 chance of success?]]

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
[[Equi might have been hoping to prevent the largest number of deaths, and that another town doctor might choose another of the lovers randomly.]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[Ahg OK that's not a bad point.

And anyways I still am more concerned about wind and Inke so that's precedence.

Jeez I hope I die tonight.

Even in the worst of scenarios it makes sense to kill the SK asap, right? Sure they can try to kill mafia but by now we have some good reads, don't we?]]

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
[[Other barest thoughts: Homestar’s gambit with asking to be targeted by the serial killer relies on the notion that the people who suspect him will simply accept it if he claims his bulletproof was popped tomorrow, which seems a stretch; I am going to have to think through the Inkedust and windskull logic knot sometime when I have more time to think about scenarios; I too got the impression Steven was softclaiming at the very least an inforole, unless he was hard-defending Abra purely on the basis of deducing that Hana’s hard defense was off being the other lover or a rolecop who had examined Abra? That would be very impressive for someone I got the impression is a newbie to the game (correct me if I’m wrong)?]]

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Right now, it looks as though my best chance for people to stop sussing me is to dissuade the idea that I'm a scum Doctor. For that, I have a meta argument in that Namo, our host, was on the scumteam last time around, a scumteam whose quirk *was* an overdosing Doctor. I would argue that he wouldn't use the same trick twice.
[[This strikes me as pretty weak? Namo wasn’t running the last game, so it’s not him using the same trick twice. He also expressly went for a more vanilla game here rather than trying to come up with some new setup full of new hijinks - it doesn’t really strike me as excessively unlikely he’d do mafia doctor, if he’s doing healer clash at all. No?

The effort to convince us on this kind of flimsy meta basis that there just wouldn’t be a mafia doctor in this game at all, rather than just maintaining you’re town, rubs me the wrong way a bit. Why would you as town doctor even be so certain of this? Would you not wonder, once you got a role PM talking about healer clash? On the other hand, a mafia doctor in this situation would know there’s likely to be a genuine town doctor still here, and would benefit from preempting the notion that there’s a mafia doctor at all.

Mmmmmm. Still would want to reread more but. Don’t like this.]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
I too got the impression Steven was softclaiming at the very least an inforole, unless he was hard-defending Abra purely on the basis of deducing that Hana’s hard defense was off being the other lover or a rolecop who had examined Abra? That would be very impressive for someone I got the impression is a newbie to the game (correct me if I’m wrong)?]]
[[Too be fair I'm surprised it was so hard to deduce I was the other lover, I was sure I was telegraphing it really clearly with my "tunneling" behavior lol. Fascinating ^^
Mmmmmm. Still would want to reread more but. Don’t like this.]]
Agreed, this is weird. Although honestly not my hugest concern but the meta reasoning is extremely inconclusive/weak.

At any rate while its ridiculously hard to untangle this insane mafia knot with Inke/Wind in this very much not vanilla/beginner game, I can say this.

There's basically two scenarios.

1) Inke isn't SK. (making them town or scum)

1) Inke is SK. They already said they are so I tend to thiink we have nothing to lose by killing them. If they were town it would be just.... wack. Bad. And if they were scum it'd be really awful to scum team. And even with the promise of killing mafia they might just off our cop and die tomorrow and leave us in the wind, or be genuinely wrong/misinformed! (more likely!)

There's a small chance, yes, that Wind is lying/scheming, but even if they were its a poor scheme. We can unravel Wind tomorrow if thats even necessary. Plus:

[[Actually, you know what? Something bothers me here. If I was mafia, and I knew your bulletproof popped, why should I speak up at all? I could just kill you again on n3 and no one would have been the wiser. The only reason I can think of is that it would mean delaying shooting one of the lover pairs? Lower the risk of a mafia member getting nightkilled I guess? Like, that's legit the only reasons I can think of. And I still can't figure out why the Mafia would target you at night to begin with, because I really genuinely fined the rolecop theory hard to believe Not impossible, but hard.

This is sound logic. SK/Inke could simply be gambling on saving their hide one more day (unlikely though?) and trying to nightkill someone valuable or like I said, made a wrong assumption! Relying on a SK to be right and kill a mafia is risky at best, even when well-intentioned

We also have so much intel that it should be simple enough to deduce the remaining mafia, right?

Also by killing an SK we 100% guarantee only two nightkills at maximum, assuming scum get a lover. (And not cop)

All things considered killing Inke seems the safest route anyway, from what I can deduce.

It’s terribly ironic that, as we all start to focus on Bart, Anti comes out of the woodwork to not only direct our attention away from them, but to point all fingers at Altair and clear Reme’s name at the same time. It’s way too convenient.

Altair’s BP claim really confused me, but now that they’ve claimed SK it all makes sense and it aligns with my reads.

Reme, Bart and Anti are all mafia.

TRUST ALTAIR, YOU GUYS.]]
This is true but. Just to clarify. You agree Altair is SK and prefer to let him live on the gamble he will kill a mafia member, or one he suspects is mafia? Which is understandable!

That said I do want to ask, why leave him alive? If we can deduce the other mafia members we should kill our SK now anyway, because in theory we can still win.

If we let Inke live he might be wrong/lying (even if he's probably not) and might kill our (maybe)cop.

While do agree Wind's stuff miiight be wrong/sus, if we let Wind live mafia might kill them tonight and then we will also know. If Mafia lets them live we get a free read from them to deduce things further if they're telling the truth! There's no reason to kill a townie who has even a fractional chance of being a cop, not yet. Not when we have a 100% threat/risk under our noses.

Vote: Inkedust/Altair]]

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
[[I have a lot on my plate IRL rn and this day phase coincides with the Blacklight Final Boss for some godforsaken reason so I won't be posting all that much. Fortunately, Altair seems a slam dunk sacrifice after claiming SK, so if this is all I can manage, I consider that a scrape-by success.]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
View attachment 1421 "This is all making my head hurt. I'm just gonna vote for Bart. He's probably the mafia doctor, so he's really dangerous."

Vote: Bartholomew
[[. Y’all should really listen to Chibi here. Just saying. They’ve also brought up the possibility of heal clash and a mafia doctor existing more than once, and not without reason, I think.

It’s a risk to leave Altair alive, yes, but killing Altair will do the mafia a favor. I really think it’s worth letting him live another day and giving him the benefit of the doubt. He’s laid all the cards on the table and by siding with town, he can at least feel like he’s on the winning team, which is the most he can ask for at this point.]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[Vote: Bartholomew]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[Um. Also. What is a healer clash, why is it in a vanilla game, and.... Yeah. I don't understand what it is please help :huh: ]]

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
[[Um. Also. What is a healer clash, why is it in a vanilla game, and.... Yeah. I don't understand what it is please help :huh: ]]

[[
If more than one Healer targets the same person at night, the targeted person "overdoses" and dies.

If there's a Mafia Healer, they could use the healer clash mechanic to purposefully try to get someone killed at night.
]]

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
[[Yeah. I’m a little surprised Namo put that in this vanilla/beginner-friendly game, when there’s zero mention of it in the role descriptions or on the wiki! The only way for a beginner to be aware it’s a thing that exists was by hearing it from people who were in the previous game or on TCoD. But I think it’s pretty clear he did by now, unless somehow the entire thing is a galaxy brain mafia plot to make the town healers afraid of healing (but then, like, if it doesn’t say there’s healer clash in their role PMs, it is probably not a thing).]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit