• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[Town victory] Vanilla Mafia!

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
But how on fucking earth can both Espy and Phan be Mafia and playing so strangely???
[[BRO I DON’T EVEN KNOW, LOL. My head hurts. I’m tired. Someone pls end my misery.]]

Homestar!

Mikeposter/Galaxy-Brainer
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. nidoqueen
[[BRO I DON’T EVEN KNOW, LOL. My head hurts. I’m tired. Someone pls end my misery.]]
[[The Sadomasochist in me wants to vote out a lover and see what happens because, tbh, that would either clear a lot up or clear my schedule up.]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[The Sadomasochist in me wants to vote out a lover and see what happens because, tbh, that would either clear a lot up or clear my schedule up.]]
[[…I can’t decide if I hate this or love this. On one hand, I do NOT want to just throw this game out the window after all the hard work I’ve put into winning it. On the other, I do think everyone is tired and burned out and ready to be done. 🤣

But hecc I can’t bring myself to agree with it. GOTTA STICK IT OUT AND WINNNNN]]

Homestar!

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. nidoqueen
[[…I can’t decide if I hate this or love this. On one hand, I do NOT want to just throw this game out the window after all the hard work I’ve put into winning it. On the other, I do think everyone is tired and burned out and ready to be done. 🤣

But hecc I can’t bring myself to agree with it. GOTTA STICK IT OUT AND WINNNNN]]
[[Not to shift into Maximum OverMike...

We technically don't lose if we're wrong about the lovers.

If we're wrong, 7 -> 5 from the vote, -> 4 from the nightkill. Comes down to a coinflip.

You know, just... Just saying.

My favorite thing to do in MtG when I know my opponent is going to win is to engineer a way that I can lose on my terms and tbh this is it...
]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[Not to shift into Maximum OverMike...

We technically don't lose if we're wrong about the lovers.

If we're wrong, 7 -> 5 from the vote, -> 4 from the nightkill. Comes down to a coinflip.

You know, just... Just saying.

My favorite thing to do in MtG when I know my opponent is going to win is to engineer a way that I can lose on my terms and tbh this is it...
]]
[[Omg youre right

Eh, still though. It’s GOT to be Espy or Phan. The only reason I want to vote Phan over Espy is because they’ve been playing much more like a skilled scum player, whereas Espy has fumbled a lot and, while they may still be scum, all the mistakes still make me hesitant about lynching them first. I still can’t wrap my head around the whole easily disprovable hint thing and how bizarre it is for mafia to make that mistake.]]

Homestar!

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. nidoqueen
I still can’t wrap my head around the whole easily disprovable hint thing and how bizarre it is for mafia to make that mistake.
[[Huh? Their hint was well played imo. They were able to clear suspicion on me in an earlier post because they're Mafia and they could fabricate it well ahead of time.

If they are town doc, I guess they sniffed out the trend and whipped one up to improve their cover. But if they're a town doc, as I said, they were right to be protecting a random lover every night instead of Chibi. After finding a Jug (presumably their only one), their job was basically over. And tbh I'm still not sure how everyone else was so sure that Salem was doc.

I just fukin' realized you meant Espy LMAO yeah. That was... Damn, like... Yeah. Yeah.]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[I leave for five hours and the entire circus moves in

I think of the two, Astrid seems like a reasonable kill. If it's between Hazel and Astrid, I'd rather remove the wild-card we know very little about from the game before we go after a player who's been contributing in the thread. If Astrid flips innocent then we take a look at the others I guess.]]
[[Okay I’m just doing some digging and pulling this up for reference.

Espy gently pushes to vote Astrid tomorrow instead of Phan. Granted, they don’t outright defend Phan, but since they’re under such huge suspicion, doing so would just make the rest of us more sus of Phan.

I’ll need to look at Phan’s posts, but iirc they didn’t gun for Espy until after they fumbled and became the object of sus. And actually…now that I think about it, Phan and Espy’s play style makes sense. If Phan could be seen pushing to vote for Espy, who was already SUPER suspicious anyways, and they flip mafia, then it would take a lot of suspicion off of Phan, who has been reading pretty solidly town the whole time anyways. Likewise, if Espy and Phan can look like they aren’t on the same team, it causes confusion and second thoughts for us. The alternative would be to weirdly dance around voicing suspicion of each other, and at this point in the game, it’s not really possibly without giving yourself and your teammate away.

TLDR: Espy and Phan are mafia, but are presenting a not unified front to hopefully avoid suspicion off each other and to confuse the rest of us.]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[…I’m not sure why I said “vote Astrid tomorrow.” Idk. Brain has been operating at like .5% for the last week.]]

Homestar!

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. nidoqueen
[[I get it, but the question still remains: Who was phone Why did Espy finger-point at Phan and call Doc?]]

Homestar!

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. nidoqueen
[[VOTE: ESPY

Yeah I know it's one or the other, and I know you're gunning for the more dangerous player, but gotta ride that tailgate.]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[I get it, but the question still remains: Who was phone Why did Espy finger-point at Phan and call Doc?]]
[[Because there’s not really anyone else to read, I guess? You, me, and Fuse are all vanilla. Perhaps calling Phan out as the doc was a last ditch-effort to give them a way to defend themselves/make us afraid to lynch them.]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[Ok, did a brief skim of Phan’s posts. They didn’t start pushing to vote Espy until the previous day, D4 (D5? What even is time in this game anymore, idk).

Considering we had just lynched a mafia member the day before that, that would leave only them and Espy left on the scumteam. (Assuming they’re both scum, ofc, which at this point they have to be or else I’ll shut myself in my fridge and never come out.)

So the options are: try to avoid talking about/voting for each other? But Espy was already very very high on everyone’s sus lists. So the best option would be to gun for Espy, have them flip mafia and appear town by default, then (probably) try to convince everyone else that I’m suspicious and need to go.

Note that they’ve been asking about why I’m so high on everyone’s town reads for a while, even before the previous game day. Of course, they were only asking for clarification, not outright throwing sus at me, but that wouldn’t be clever to do anyways since I have been solidly town for this whole game and it would look shady af to come swinging for me out of nowhere. So instead of voicing any actual suspicion, they just ask everyone what reasons they have to place me so high up, and attempt to sow seeds of doubt in everyone’s minds about me. It’s actually quite genius, tbh.

Last but not least, I’ll pull up this post, which is the first time they asked about me and why I’m so town-y to everyone. Notice that in this very message, they are not only defending themselves, but defending Free, as well as (possibly?) trying to imply that I was lying with my hint.]]

The #1 thing I don't get here is Wes as bold town? The only difference between them and me/Free is sharing a hint early, and a hint that is definitely useful for either faction to get. I don't think you're doing it on purpose but you are going after people who keep their info close because it's easier than thinking people are lying.

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
[[Augh, morning after moving into uni res day, slept like shit. I need a mattress pad, this 'mattress' a sheet of plastic.

The reason I did not target Chibi is... drumroll please... I... am still not a doctor. I am still Vanilla. Why are you taking info from someone whose ass is on the chopping block tonight? No reason not to try to buy an extra day, even if you confirm yourself scum in the process, because at least you waste an extra day vote on the way down.

As for who her teammate is, if not me...

Fuck, let's worry about that when I have the time and patience to deal with Homestar saying me suspecting people other than myself is clearly scumplay guys.

My vote remains unchanged.]]

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
[[Not how doc works! Only protects kills, not vote-outs!]]
[[Ohhhhhh I’m so fucking stupid omegalul.

UNVOTE HAZEL, VOTE ESPY.]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[Welp, Espy does need to go no matter how you slice it. This doesn’t ease my suspicions on Hazel one bit, but heck, my money is on both of them being scum so either way works for me.]]

Unvote Hazel
Vote: Sparkleglimmer

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[I’d be down to end the day early, tbh]]

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Midday votes:

Sparkle: 6 (Persephone, Phant, Fusion,Homestar, Yellow, Sinderella )

No vote: Espeon

[[I haven't made an official rule for ending the day early. Due to the circumstances, I don't think I should end the day early this time. Next day, however, I would be in favor of it. We can discuss the specific end-early clause on discord so long as it doesn't touch upon specific gameplay things, to help things go faster. Right now, I'm leaning at a range between two-thirds to three-fourths, inclusive, to end the day early as opposed to letting time tick down. Let me know any concerns you may have about this in private or public, but, for now, so as not to disrupt things too badly, I can't end this day early.]]

Top Bottom