• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[Town victory] Vanilla Mafia!

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
Therefore: WE DO NOT VOTE CLOVIS/PIXIE UNTIL AFTER VOTING TWO OF ASTRID/SPARKLE/HAZEL. PERIOD.

Astrid appears to be the safest vote, out of these three scenarios.
Once again, Ebony (or rather…Ebony’s Voice? Gods, the whole Voices thing was so creepy and Wes hated thinking about it) was speaking perfect sense. He nodded in agreement. “I agree that, no matter what, we don’t go after the…pair (Merciful Arceus, he hated the connotation that came with the word “lovers”) until we’ve ruled out all of our other options. It’s way too risky, otherwise.”

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[After the veritable susplosion of the last two hours, why is Phan not on your radar?]]
[[Probably because Phan has at least given the appearance of a town player while Astrid has not.]]

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
This did come as a surprise to me because it sounded exactly like you were trying to convince everyone I was scum.
[[What I was trying to get at was that was that those were not a satisfactory answer to the question I was asking about why you were so high up. I have been annoyed since the last (ingame) day where I asked Tetra this and they were too busy poking fun at Free to actually answer before dying, and so I got irritated in the posts with why I found the answers unsatisfactory. I still don't have you as hard town, but in being unsatisfied accidentally veered over into sounding like I thought they were weak reasons for you not to be hard mafia when I meant you weren't quite per se hard town. Honestly, I wasn't expecting to get something like that, I thought I would get a reason to mentally bump you up to match everyone else.
I really, really hope you're not scum (and if you are, sorry about Forever Scum ;riplup;) If you know that you're innocent (and you're the only one who can) then Sparkle or Astrid should both be equally viable votes. I really, really think we have a lot of strong evidence against Sparkle, unless we have the dumbest scumteam on earth. But I feel like it would be weird to bank on that...?
I'm not opposed to voting Astrid, if that's what we want to do I won't fight it, but again, if every claimed power role so far it town, then who is the mafia power role?

Hmm... If the Mafia has an unclaimed doctor, that would explain why Bluwii's clue, if genuine, was given to him: since Heal Clash could otherwise have explained away the two kills and lead to uncertanty among scum about the presence of an SK.]]

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Ebony grumbled, curling up next to Wes.

Reme felt like clutching her heart at such an adorable sight.

As of what Ebony's "Stupid Voice" had to say, it was all... pretty much sound. For being called a "Stupid Voice" by Ebony, they certainly had their head screwed on tighter than most. Such a convincing voice and argument... If Reme wasn't already incredibly easily swayed by the whims of the other Voices, she'd have found it impressive how much she wanted to throw her chips on Ebony's Voice's betting table.

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
[[After the veritable susplosion of the last two hours, why is Phan not on your radar?]]
ebony-screm.png "Because I don't want to get rid of the only member of Team Experiments left!" Ebony cried. It had been bad enough getting rid of one.

[[Real reason: because I want us to get a bit more time to analyze Hazel's posting history, and don't want to rush to conclusions given my self-proclaimed inability to read Lyn. But I would be open to voting either Astrid or Hazel if someone makes a compelling argument. Also, if either me or Wes bites it tonight, the other can continue the job tomorrow.]]

I'm not opposed to voting Astrid, if that's what we want to do I won't fight it, but again, if every claimed power role so far it town, then who is the mafia power role?

Hmm... If the Mafia has an unclaimed doctor, that would explain why Bluwii's clue, if genuine, was given to him: since Heal Clash could otherwise have explained away the two kills and lead to uncertanty among scum about the presence of an SK.]]
Ebony pawed at some moon dust. "Well... Jean was strongman. But I still expected them to have one more power, yeah... Maybe Porygon had a power, I don't know."

Homestar!

Mikeposter/Galaxy-Brainer
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. nidoqueen
[[HEY NAMO

IF: VOTES ASTRID > VOTES PHAN
THEN: VOTE ASTRID

IF: VOTES PHAN >= VOTES ASTRID
THEN: VOTE PHAN

Please god let me log off and iron things 🥲 ]]

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"Right, before I forget," Reme cleared her throat, taking a short, sharp inhale.

"I will be voting for Astrid," she said, coughing right after. "A-And I will be needing my water..."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
Ebony grumbled, curling up next to Wes.
[[THIS IS SO CUTE HOW DID I MISS THIS JSNSJSJAHH]]

Wes gave a start as the Houndoom curled up beside him. He hadn’t expected that, and yet…he didn’t mind. She was pleasantly warm, and as he patted her head, he found he’d missed the feeling of a Pokemon beside him more than he’d realized.
Because I don't want to get rid of the only member of Team Experiments left!" Ebony cried. It had been bad enough getting rid of one.
His chest tightened at the pain in her voice. He gave her another reassuring pat. “It’s alright. I understand. And…I’m sorry.” He didn’t know what else he could say.

What I was trying to get at was that was that those were not a satisfactory answer to the question I was asking about why you were so high up. I have been annoyed since the last (ingame) day where I asked Tetra this and they were too busy poking fun at Free to actually answer before dying, and so I got irritated in the posts with why I found the answers unsatisfactory. I still don't have you as hard town, but in being unsatisfied accidentally veered over into sounding like I thought they were weak reasons for you not to be hard mafia when I meant you weren't quite per se hard town. Honestly, I wasn't expecting to get something like that, I thought I would get a reason to mentally bump you up to match everyone else.
[[Fair, I’ll give you that.]]
“That’s a fair point. It’s very possible that they had some kind of role.”

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[hecc forgot to mention:

Unvote: Hazel
Vote: Astrid

If Astrid flips innocent and we don’t lost the game, then that exonerates Clovis and Pixie. It also means we should inspect Hazel very closely moving forward.]]

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
[[Alright, after sitting back and reading the back-and-forth, popping my vote for ASTRID.]]

SparklingEspeon

Back on Her Bullshit
Staff
a Terrace of Indeterminate Location in Snowbelle
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. fennekin
  3. zoroark
[[I leave for five hours and the entire circus moves in

I think of the two, Astrid seems like a reasonable kill. If it's between Hazel and Astrid, I'd rather remove the wild-card we know very little about from the game before we go after a player who's been contributing in the thread. If Astrid flips innocent then we take a look at the others I guess.]]

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
I think of the two, Astrid seems like a reasonable kill. If it's between Hazel and Astrid, I'd rather remove the wild-card we know very little about from the game before we go after a player who's been contributing in the thread. If Astrid flips innocent then we take a look at the others I guess.]]
Ebony blinked at the Sylveon. "Umm, well... if you're good... that does mean that Astrid is a totally safe vote, for you. Since if you're both good, a 6-bad-guy-team is impossible."

"If you're bad, then... I really really hope the Vulpix and the fancy guy aren't bad too."

[[Re-vote:Astrid]]

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
07_Miserable.png This was not a good time to be Hazel...

First, they'd lost Anti-Bravoman, then Salem, then Jean and Ebony had gotten into a fight, and as a result, Jean was gone, too.

the only member of Team Experiments left!
It felt like Ebony's words words echoing around inside her mask.

You are the only experiments left...

The only one...

You are alone again...

This was not a good time to be Hazel at all. Null took a deep breath and pushed those feelings down...

08_Grumpy.png It was difficult to muster any sort of energy whatsoever. Instead, she lay on the ground. She felt some of the chain links that represented votes on her as they tried to get Eien to rewind time. Even her own guardian spirit placed one there. Enough of them were taken off later, but... Would it be so bad, for her to end up in the void? At least she would be with friends again... On the other hand, "a portion of eternity" reminded her too much of "indefinitely" for her to be able to accept that possibility...

Instead, it was the Ninetales set to go instead. She trusted the Sylveon less, but Ebony disagreed, and the absolute last thing Null wanted was to fight with the last person they got along with. At least this way, they all agreed on something.

VOTE: ASTRID

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Ebony remained at Wes's side. No matter what, she was pretty sure this would be the last night they'd both be here. She still missed her trainer back home, but... Wes wasn't a bad pick for second-best trainer.

Worst timeline is the one with Sparkle/Hazel/Pixie/Clovis mafia. I'm just banking on this being obscenely unlikely. Every other mafia configuration is manageable. I think I've made enough posts that we can win after that. Just... gotta make it through this one vote. Even if Astrid is innocent, unless the mafia is that specific combination of four, we can win.

If Astrid is good:
  • If bad lovers - the game might end
    • If the game ends - sorry everyone
    • If the game doesn't end - vote Hazel or Sparkle. If and only if that flip is innocent, vote lovers
  • If good lovers - Hazel/Sparkle scumteam I guess?? (Does anyone find this likely?)
If Astrid is bad:
  • Vote Hazel/Sparkle next. Order irrelevant
    • If the game ends - we win
    • If the game doesn't end - vote lovers

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
She still missed her trainer back home, but... Wes wasn't a bad pick for second-best trainer.
Wes rubbed one of Ebony’s ears. She looked so…tired. Resigned.

Me, too.

“For what it’s worth,” he said quietly, “it was nice meeting you. You’ve done a great job.” He smiled a little. “Hana was right. You’re a good dog.”
If good lovers - Hazel/Sparkle scumteam I guess?? (Does anyone find this likely?)
[[Eh, my money is on Hazel/Astrid scumteam but if Astrid flips innocent, I guess this combo is our best bet? But yeah, it doesn’t seem super likely.]]

Top Bottom