• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

The White Elephant in the Room Playground

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Gen stared in horror at the broken model.

"I-is...is that what happened to Squirt?" he asked.

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
"Oh my. If the game is misrepresenting you, then please feel free to correct it, lest the rest of us get the wrong idea!"
Jesse's face contorted in anguish. "Back in the world this body is from, I was a telepath. Sometimes it's... involuntary. It happened, but I would never... I would never mean to hurt my kid. Gods fuckin' damn it."

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"Sometimes it's... involuntary. It happened, but I would never... I would never mean to hurt my kid. Gods fuckin' damn it."

Lee's mouth opened slightly, yet he didn't say anything. He started to raise his paw towards Jesse, but he caught himself, hopefully before anyone noticed. Showing sympathy was showing weakness, and the last thing you would want to show when a killer is around is weakness. "Sounds like a problem you should have gotten control over before having a kid," Lee said, harsher than intended. "You're lucky it didn't do any lasting damage. It didn't, right?"

Regardless of how Lee came off, Jesse was cleared in his mind.

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Jesse's face contorted in anguish. "Back in the world this body is from, I was a telepath. Sometimes it's... involuntary. It happened, but I would never... I would never mean to hurt my kid. Gods fuckin' damn it."
He was being frustratingly vague. "What did you do?"

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
"Yeah, I've been a human," snapped Jesse. "I already told the room I started out human, you already knew that."

Surely that wouldn't fuckin' count. He could just say 'never have I ever levitated' or some shit and get one over the fuckin' mew that way.

"Sounds like a problem you should have gotten control over before having a kid. You're lucky it didn't do any lasting damage. It didn't, right?"
"You ever been married, son?" asked Jesse, venomously.

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
Surely that wouldn't fuckin' count. He could just say 'never have I ever levitated' or some shit and get one over the fuckin' mew that way.
The game waited, zooming in on the model of Jesse’s face looking increasingly nervous. “Well? The audience is waiting!” sang the game. A timer started to count down from ten.

Meanwhile, “Please refrain from swearing in front of Special Agent Squirt,” interrupted the PS3. “His parents do not want him to repeat such naughty words."

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"You ever been married, son?" asked Jesse, venomously.

"No, son, but I've taken care of my own fair share of kids," Lee hissed, standing to face Jesse. "Only one, and I--" he paused, biting his tongue. "She's the reason I'm trying to get some of my shit together. If you want to have a kid, but you still don't have control over your powers, you're only putting her in danger," Lee growled, then shook his head. "I mean... them. The kid. Your kid." He growled again. "Dammit, you understand."

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
"What did you do?"
"None of yer business what I did, and I don't have the time to explain," growled Jesse.

Well? The audience is waiting!
"Fuck you."

He shook the remote. He was about to ask some petty question as planned, but he remembered the point of this was to use the game to get information on Darkwhite.

But then, this was some kinda purgatory and losing the game had consequences.

He made a best guess.

"My turn. Never have I ever betrayed a friend," he said, with a cold stare at Darkwhite.

"Dammit, you understand."
"Better than you know," he replied, leaving most of his anger out of his voice this time. "Good luck gettin' yer shit together, Lycanroc Lee."

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"Better than you know," he replied, leaving most of his anger out of his voice this time. "Good luck gettin' yer shit together, Lycanroc Lee."

Lee exhaled and relaxed a bit, cursing himself internally for losing his cool for a moment. Whether that would cost him, he would have to wait and see. His face softened slightly as he said, "And you too, Delphox Jesse."

Whatever else was going on didn't really seem to matter to Lee after that. Assuming anything at all happened. Hard to tell after he got so unintentionally heated. He sat back on the couch, eyeing a bottle of vodka. Might want to save it for later...

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Betrayed a friend?" Darkwhite asked, frowning. She glared at the game, wondering just how far it would go to suggest what a betrayal counted. "I guess I might have. Who knows with how this thing judges things?! If there's only one cookie left on the plate and your best friend was going to get it, but you got it first, is that a betrayal? I bet it is! So I guess I have. Funny that you don't think your kid's a friend, though." Darkwhite shrugged and shook the remote.

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"What do you mean?" Gen asked, shivering slightly.

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
"What do you mean?" Gen asked, shivering slightly.
“Gen, come right up!” the voice declared. “Ask our loving couple the next question. Be as impartial a third party as you can be... or not! Who knows how this game will go? Love! Hate! Romance! Intrigue! All and more are at the tip of your tongue, little human!”

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Gen yelped at the "little human" part, clutching tightly onto his reunion cape as he shivered.

NO NO NO-It's ok, it's ok. They're not here. It's fine. I'm fine.

He took a few deep breaths, before his shivering calmed down.

What should I do? Maybe having gone to Alo-no, I have no idea if Alola even exists in that world of only Pokemon.

Maybe...

"N-never have I ever...seen a major legendary in-person...before arriving here?" Gen said, looking towards Palkia as he finished.

Top Bottom