• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

The White Elephant in the Room Playground

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
Mewtwo eyed the Mew who called herself Darkwhite and the Delphox. He kept his telepathy at a low simmer, annoyed that they were no closer to getting out of here, even though he suggested a target who was no worse than any other.

He sighed, levitating a taco to his mouth carefully so as to not let it drip. Alas, he did not think he would be able to get this crowd to do anything productive tonight. He stepped into a large box he had found in an upstairs room. He settled himself inside.

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"...that's an awfully specific question," Gen commented.

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
"Well, I don't have a kid, so I definitely haven't! And I'm definitely not bothering with world destruction! In fact, I'm saving a world back where I'm from!" Darkwhite giggled, floating back. "Just because I look scary doesn't mean I'm a bad guy! I just like having fun is all!"
“A-ah-ah, remember! We’re talking about world destruction on any scale! Don’t tell me you haven’t had a part in, say, combining all of Arceus’s children into a world-ending dragon, for example.”

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Pakia perked up at that last question and floated over, mouth still filled with tacos. "Oh? What's this about combining me and my siblings into a world-ending dragon? You really must show me what that would look like."

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
Mewtwo perked up, lashing his tail. His Mew never let him do anything world-ending on any scale.

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Gen stared at Jessie and Darkwhite, mouth agape.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Don’t tell me you haven’t had a part in, say, combining all of Arceus’s children into a world-ending dragon, for example.

Darkwhite seemed confused. "You better work on your notes, Porygon-in-a-box! Just because I look kinda like a Mewtwo doesn't mean I am one! Or whoever that big light dragon is supposed to be. I was just having a good time!" She huffed, turning around. "This game's broken."

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Jesse stared at the screen, one eye twitching, tail stiff.

"You bastards," he hissed through clenched teeth. "I didn't mean... She wasn't— ...you have no idea how it happened. How fuckin' dare you."

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
How fuckin' dare you.
The PlayStation Three's voice recordings activated. "Friendly reminder to avoid adult topics. Squirt is a child, so please keep his age in mind when choosing what topics to discuss."

Then, the wii continued. “Is that admission? Shake your wiimote to blow out your candle! You’d hate to lose two!”

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
Darkwhite seemed confused. "You better work on your notes, Porygon-in-a-box! Just because I look kinda like a Mewtwo doesn't mean I am one! Or whoever that big light dragon is supposed to be. I was just having a good time!" She huffed, turning around. "This game's broken."

Disgruntled, Mewtwo clarified that he had never ended the world via dragon or any other means.

Wait, a Mewtwo?

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Jesse stared at the screen, one eye twitching, tail stiff.

"You bastards," he hissed through clenched teeth. "I didn't mean... She wasn't— ...you have no idea how it happened. How fuckin' dare you."

"What do you mean? I haven't even done anything," Lee said. "More importantly, the hell is the box thing talking about?"

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Jesse shook the wiimote with a feral snarl. Guilt. Shame. Humiliation. Anger. Resentment. Gods, his heart was full of so, so many burning poisons. He never asked for this. He just wanted to go home.

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
While everyone else zeroed in on the nonsense about ending worlds, Mia was far more interested in the bit about invading minds. Could the Delphox plant memories?

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Well well well. Now wasn't this interesting. Mortals sure did live such interesting lives, filled with complexity and secrets galore. That had been the case with the precious few Palkia had interacted with before. Watching and observing was so boring, and here it could actually interact.

"Oh my. If the game is misrepresenting you, then please feel free to correct it, lest the rest of us get the wrong idea!" the pearl dragon said, putting a claw to its chest as its face split into an impossibly wide grin.

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
“So honest! And so lovely! It’s a wonder their lips haven’t met yet! But remember, there are kids in the audience! Say hi to Squirt!” The camera panned to a broken 3D rendering of Squirt, limbs in the wrong position, yet trying desperately to t-pose. “Now, who wants to ask their lover the first question?”

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
It was sadly true that Lee wouldn't get anything out of Jesse, but he had enough of an idea to formulate some thoughts. The ability to look into minds and mess with memories would be a powerful skill, especially for a murderer. Of course, being able to throw gods together would also be useful neat trick for a killer. But Jesse and Darkwhite both seemed... too kind hearted? Well, one like a carefree child and the other a remorseful parent. Lee had reason to doubt either would be a murderer, but he'd still keep an eye on them.

Top Bottom