• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Intro Thread

Taliax

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
no pronouns
Hi! I'm Taliax, but most people call me Tali. I've technically written pokemon fanfic for as long as I can remember, but outside of one N drabble series on FFN, I've only started posting again about a year ago. Had a bunch of pals get into submas so I've dabbled in that a bit. ORAS and Crystal characters are my main favorites though.
I just tumbled out on this site while clicking links through neocities and got really excited when I saw there was a living pokemon forum lol. It's been a good 15 years since I was on a pokemon forum and just seeing the sig editor made me tear up a little :')

Taliax
Type: Normal/Flying
Docile
nature.
Apparently met in Eon Island.
Likes sour and spicy food.

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Welcome to the forums! Delighted to hear that you found this place through Neocities, and it's really cool to see that you have a site there yourself. I've definitely noticed an uptick in interest in personal fansites over the last three or so years, and as someone who remembers when they were really booming, it's a super exciting thing. Your fics sound like a lot of fun, too! Always up for more N content, personally.

Welcome again, and I hope you enjoy your time on Thousand Roads!

Mirage

Junior Trainer
Pronouns
He/him
Partners
  1. minccino
Heya everyone! I'm Mirage, a very recently graduated Computer Science student living in Hawaii.

I first got into PMD fanfiction about 10 years ago when I discovered Scytherider's "Silver Resistance". Absolutely loved it, and to this day, it (and another story he wrote called "Eon Fable") are among my favorite works of fiction. I was quite an active user in the Google+ Pokemon community during this time, and although it's a bit sad that all that content was deleted back in 2019, it's probably for the best that my incredibly cringe middle school RPs are lost to time haha.

I've recently been falling back down the Pokemon (especially PMD) fanfiction rabbit hole again. I'm very shy and have never been great at expressing myself through instant messaging, and as I'm also quite passionate about early era internet forums, I'm overjoyed to discover this site exists!

I particularly enjoy longer running works that deal with complex philosophical themes, and I love a good twist or two. I never really branched out to other fanfiction authors in this fandom back in the day, something I've come to highly regret over the past couple of months as I've started to realize how many other excellent stories I've missed over the years.

I'm not much of a writer, though I've batted around a few ideas for a story here and there, but I am quite a voracious reader. I'll probably have a lot of spare time (due to IRL stuff) over the next couple of months, so I look forward to maybe reading your story!

Last edited:

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Welcome to the forums! Glad you've been getting back into fanfic; I hope you're able to find a lot of new stories to enjoy after your hiatus. It's kind of wild to think about the fact that Silver Resistance has been running for over a decade now, heh.

If you're looking for long, philosophical PMD fanfics, you might enjoy Those Who Will Inherit the Earth, about a leafeon whose ideals lead her to increasing extremism (not suuuuper long, but complete!) or Places We Call Home, which puts a lot of emphasis on pokémon culture and how PMD society might function. And if you enjoy big stories with lots of twists, you'll definitely want to check out Hands of Creation and Path of Valor!

In any case, I hope you find some stories to enjoy, and if you do ever end up writing something, we'd love to see it. Feel free to ask for more recs if you'd like them, too! Welcome again, and I hope you enjoy your time on Thousand Roads!

silverjirachi

you know, they say archie met a jirachi once
Pronouns
they/them
Hi everyone! My name is Silv. they/them or he/him. mid 20s. this is my first time in a forum-style community like this, especially one geared toward only one fandom. my only other fandom experience has been with tumblr and AO3, so i'm really interested and excited to be here! my first pokemon game was yellow, but i spent hours and hours of my childhood in pokemon sapphire and so i'm deeply in love with the hoenn region. i WILL chat with you about the hoenn region for hours if you would like, and it is my personal business to collect every fact i can possibly find about this dopey little island of Too Much Water.

i started writing my hardenshipping fic, The Devil and the Dead Sea, when i was 17 or 18 but never finished it or posted it anywhere. then, years later, i got around to finishing it and had the idea for three more lol. it was actually a hugely personal self-healing project for me and re-ignited my love for the hoenn region even deeper than it was before.

The Dead Sea Trilogy (which now awkwardly has four parts due to a semi-related spinoff) traces the origins of Archie and Maxie's relationship and rivalry, from the time they were in school together through their run-in with Team Rocket and their brutal falling out, and then eventually, making amends and the new team they build together.

I also write for the Legend of Zelda fandom and finished up a pretty big gen fic there about Astor from Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity. I felt really connected to the fandom there due to the support and reception I got for that fic and friends I made through it, and so I'm hoping to make some friends here too :)

Places to find me:

Tumblr
main: silverjirachi
pokemon sideblog: hoenn-pride
team magma and hardenshipping specific: team-magma-propaganda
blog dedicated for just the trilogy: the-dead-sea-trilogy (i stash the fic memes here)

AO3
silverjirachi

Really happy to meet everyone and looking forward to hanging out with some fellow writers/fanfic enthusiasts!

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Hey, welcome! Always good to see another Hoenn fan around; we have quite a few hanging out here! If you're into Hardenshipping, I think you might enjoy Time and Tide... it's not primarily a shipping fic, and there's a lot of stuff going on outside Maxie and Archie's relationship, but it's a favorite Hoenn fic of mine, and I think Archie/Maxie are great in it.

It's always really cool to hear stories about people who drifted away from fic for a while, but were able to come back later and finish what they began. I hope you continue to find joy in fic, and I hope you have a good time on Thousand Roads, too!

silverjirachi

you know, they say archie met a jirachi once
Pronouns
they/them

Kandykorn

Lion Apologist
Pronouns
They/Them
Hey there! I'm Kandy!
They/them

I'm a longtime Pokemon fan, but new to writing longer-form stories! I have a background in Professional Theater and Marketing, and Love bugs, Pixel art, Pokemon, Traffic cones, Pikmin, and Writing! With the worry that this introduction is sounding more like a Resume, and less like a introduction, I'm going to end it by saying I've never posted on anything like this before, But I'm excited to try it out. Right now I'm writing a story that's been in my brain for years, but is finally hitting the page.

Oh, and if I were a Pokemon?

Type: Bug/Fairy
Nature: Timid
Ability: Liquid Ooze
Apparently Quite mischievous

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Welcome to the forums! It's pretty cool that you're finally getting to publish something you've been working on for so long. Hope the writing continues to go well, and I look forward to checking out your story!

Welcome again to Thousand Roads, and I hope you enjoy your time here!

Z102eternal

Bug Catcher
Pronouns
He/Him
Heyo! My name is Z10 or you can call me Z10eternal. He/him.

I've been reading fics for years now since early high school, but it wasn't until last year where I finally decided to put pen on paper. Right now I've had only a little bit of experience with writing, but thanks to cool people I've met I've been able to get an updating story off the ground in my fic: PMD Soaring Over Heaven! I've heard about TR for quite some time now, but I've finally decided to take the plunge and branch out to another side of the fandom! It's good to be here, and I can't wait to share my story with you all!
As an added note, I'm an inspiring artist too who's also using fics as a way to share my art! Talk about a win/win!

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Welcome to the forums! You're totally right, if you can both write and draw, nothing better than getting to illustrate your own stories and connecting with people that way, too. Glad you've been able to figure out what works for you to put out your own story, and it's definitely an intriguing premise! I hope to check it out soon. I hope the writing continues to treat you well.

Welcome again to Thousand Roads, and I hope you enjoy your time here!

SparklingBlue

Pokémon Trainer
Pronouns
She/Her
Hi, I'm SparklingBlue--I've been around (or still am around) quite a few of the Poke-writing and RPing communities:

--Those of you on Bulbagarden might know me as LightningTopaz
--Those of you on PokeCommunity might know me as EmeraldSky
--Those of you on Serebii might remember me as FlamingRuby (I've lost my Serebii password, so that's why I haven't been there lately)
--Those of you on Lake Valor might know me as WavePearl

My two current big projects are a re-imagining of the Pokemon anime called the Pokemon Anime Remix Project, and the Pokemon Theaterverse, a what-if AU exploring the Pokemon cast as theater actors. I'm in the process of setting up an ancientverse very loosely based on Legends: Arceus, and a attempt at a traveling caravan-esque fantasy Pokemon adventure inspired by Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles.

If you have any questions about any of these, I'll be happy to answer them.

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Good to see you again! I remember you from ages ago on Serebii. Glad you're still around and still writing. I've read some of your Anime Remix work before, but I'm intrigued by the idea of a PLA-inspired 'verse in particular. Been having the PLA feels recently for sure.

Welcome to Thousand Roads! Hope you enjoy your time here, and hope you keep enjoying your writing!

khiro

Youngster
Pronouns
he/him
Hey. I'm khiro. AKA khiro ptera and khirokorok when that username is taken.

I'm a failing CS undergrad from California who likes to read and play card games. I think I found this forum on reddit somewhere, and it looks real cozy. My brain has been rotten over PMD for the past decade, but I didn't get into any fan content until 2019-2020 when I discovered some of yall are pretty damn good at writing. I hope I can discover some more cool stuff here.
I also tried my hand at writing my own fic a year or two ago. I don't promote it at all because, frankly, I'm very unhappy with my writing level. Always looking to improve so that one day I'll feel more confident in my own work.
Uhh.. other stuff. Bats are my favorite animal. Krokorok is my favorite pokemon. I love rain and cloudy days. And I'm pretty good at trading tf2 hats.

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Welcome to the forums! Krokorok's an excellent pokémon--you obviously have fine taste. Let me know if you need any fic recommendations; otherwise I hope you find some stories to enjoy by poking around on your own! If you'd like any help working through your own writing, feel free to ask for that as well.

Welcome again, and I hope you enjoy your time on Thousand Roads!

w1ndy.d4y

Youngster
Pronouns
he/him/they/them
Howdy y'all! You can call me Windy, and I'm still relatively new to writing fics. I started officially writing fics back this July. I really enjoy PMD and Pokecentric stuff, since I grew up on Pokemon stuff. My first games were Leaf Green, Black and Explorers of Darkness. But I only really recently got into PMD stuff, which of course snowballed me into writing about them, lol.

But aside from that, I want to get into writing more PMD/Pokecentric stuff, and to meet some new people along the way!

Attachments

• POTG Cover Art.png
    POTG Cover Art.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 6
Top Bottom