• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Intro Thread

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
A fellow PMD fan! Hi! :quag:

MysteryDungeonlover1

Bug Catcher
Pronouns
she/her
Hey, Bench! I've seen Gen in a few asks on Tumblr. I'm just curious... is the Reunion Cape a real item? I know some of the Seeds and Scarves are, but... why does it look so much like a real item?

Last edited:

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
It is! I know it's in Gates to Infinity and Rescue Team DX at the very least.

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
I'm MysteryDungeonlover1. My favorite video games include Pokémon, Kirby, Splatoon, Undertale, Deltarune, and Super Smash Bros. I've never written a fanfiction before, but I like to roleplay.... a LOT.
Welcome to the forums! You’ve probably gotten the impression from Bench already, but we have plenty of PMD fans and people who like to RP here, so you’re in good company! Nice to meet you, and I hope you enjoy your time here on Thousand Roads.

lisianthus

『教えてよ、まだ知らかい話』
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. altaria
omg i realized i never said anything here!!

hello, i am lisianthus, but if you'd like please call me lisia! my pronouns are she/her, i am currently 17, and am a college student and translator! i speak japanese and english, but i primarily write in english. mostly. (can i post in japanese here?? it'd be a fun drabble..) aside from writing and translating, i also like... rhythm games and goth clothes and magical girl anime? and going outside?? (winter is my favorite season)

OH and also i am a staff member at the bulbagarden forums too under the same name as here! i moderate the forums there, and i administer the tumblr for bulbagarden! maybe it's not important exactly but i figured i'd maybe want to mention it?

i came here originally because of my very cool good friend @Torchic W. Pip getting me more interested in joining, and i post the stuff i write every so often! as for what i write, most of it is lisia (from ORAS!) centered, (although i call her lucia to differentiate from my name) and has some more of the hoenn gang too! (and one particular subway master--my big sister she can speak japanese too! she is my most amazing person ever♡ loves emmet from black/white, so i cameo him in all my stuff for her♡)

although it may seem like my name (lisia is actually my name yes!) is taken from ORAS's lisia, that's not the case~ i wouldn't be young enough for that of course, but my name was after the lisianthus flower anyways!! the ORAS lisia part is just... a nice thing lol. at any rate, i hope to be more active here as i continue writing more and more, it seems super nice here.

but yes hello! i know quite a few of the people here anyways i think, hi!!! LOL

Last edited:

Juliko

The number one Deerling fan!
Pronouns
She/Her
A friend of mine mentioned this forum, and I thought I'd join. Hi, my username is Juliko but you can call me Julia, which is my real name. I've been a fan of Pokemon my entire life. I'm female, almost 30 as of this coming June, I'm autistic, I've been playing every mainline game since I got Yellow at age 7, and I'm generally a fan of anime, manga, games (usually RPGs and visual novels), reading, and writing. I've been writing fan fics since 2005, with my FFN account here and my AO3 account here. I actually wrote a fairly long OC-centered Pokemon fic which I call Pokemon: A Marvelous Journey, and I finished it back in 2021, clocking in at 88 chapters, though I plan on writing sequels to it once I write some other stories for other fandoms. I did write some oneshots for Pokemon too.

That's me in a nutshell. Nice to meet you all. I hope I won't be of any trouble to you.

Shizzza

Bug Catcher
Pronouns
They/them
Heya! My name is Shizzza! I write fanfics, and am currently working on my reincarnated, O.C fanfic, “To Reach The Limit”! Which is linked at The bottom of this message. I like to meme around…a lot, and if you were to join my discord or any of the discords I am in, you will realize how unhinged I can be. But, still, I hope you enjoy My fanfic if you do read it!

(Join my discord, please.)

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
I'm obviously very behind on my welcoming! Sorry about that--I know most of you have been around for a while yet now, but I figure it's better late than never, here...

omg i realized i never said anything here!!

hello, i am lisianthus, but if you'd like please call me lisia! my pronouns are she/her, i am currently 17, and am a college student and translator! i speak japanese and english, but i primarily write in english. mostly. (can i post in japanese here?? it'd be a fun drabble..) aside from writing and translating, i also like... rhythm games and goth clothes and magical girl anime? and going outside?? (winter is my favorite season)

OH and also i am a staff member at the bulbagarden forums too under the same name as here! i moderate the forums there, and i administer the tumblr for bulbagarden! maybe it's not important exactly but i figured i'd maybe want to mention it?

i came here originally because of my very cool good friend @Torchic W. Pip getting me more interested in joining, and i post the stuff i write every so often! as for what i write, most of it is lisia (from ORAS!) centered, (although i call her lucia to differentiate from my name) and has some more of the hoenn gang too! (and one particular subway master--my big sister she can speak japanese too! she is my most amazing person ever♡ loves emmet from black/white, so i cameo him in all my stuff for her♡)

although it may seem like my name (lisia is actually my name yes!) is taken from ORAS's lisia, that's not the case~ i wouldn't be young enough for that of course, but my name was after the lisianthus flower anyways!! the ORAS lisia part is just... a nice thing lol. at any rate, i hope to be more active here as i continue writing more and more, it seems super nice here.

but yes hello! i know quite a few of the people here anyways i think, hi!!! LOL
Never too late to say hello! It sounds like you've got a ton going on, especially with running a social media platform for a big community like Bulbagarden! Look forward to more of your Lisia work when you're able to post--not a character that gets a lot of spotlight, so it's always fun to see her get a bit of time in the sun.

As far as posting in Japanese, you're welcome to, but I think it would be best to post an English translation as well. Unfortunately the number of people who are going to be able to appreciate your Japanese text is going to be pretty small.

Good to see you around, and I hope you've been enjoying your time on the forums!

A friend of mine mentioned this forum, and I thought I'd join. Hi, my username is Juliko but you can call me Julia, which is my real name. I've been a fan of Pokemon my entire life. I'm female, almost 30 as of this coming June, I'm autistic, I've been playing every mainline game since I got Yellow at age 7, and I'm generally a fan of anime, manga, games (usually RPGs and visual novels), reading, and writing. I've been writing fan fics since 2005, with my FFN account here and my AO3 account here. I actually wrote a fairly long OC-centered Pokemon fic which I call Pokemon: A Marvelous Journey, and I finished it back in 2021, clocking in at 88 chapters, though I plan on writing sequels to it once I write some other stories for other fandoms. I did write some oneshots for Pokemon too.

That's me in a nutshell. Nice to meet you all. I hope I won't be of any trouble to you.
Welcome, Julia! There's quite a few of us around 30 who've been playing since the original game trio--always fun to meet someone else who's seen all the ups and downs of the franchise! Congrats on finishing such a big fanfic project, too. Eighty-eight chapters is a huge accomplishment! Best of luck with your writing, Pokémon or otherwise. I hope you enjoy your time on Thousand Roads!

Heya! My name is Shizzza! I write fanfics, and am currently working on my reincarnated, O.C fanfic, “To Reach The Limit”! Which is linked at The bottom of this message. I like to meme around…a lot, and if you were to join my discord or any of the discords I am in, you will realize how unhinged I can be. But, still, I hope you enjoy My fanfic if you do read it!

(Join my discord, please.)
Welcome to Thousand Roads! We've got plenty of OC fics around here, but we haven't seen a ton of reincarnation stories in particular, outside of PMD. It's always nice to have people working on new genres in the community! I hope your writing's going well, and feel free to ask around here if you ever need any help with it. Welcome again, and I hope you enjoy your time on Thousand Roads!

ThatMomentWhenRattata

Jolly Chandelure
Pronouns
He/Him
Hello There!
My buddies call me Rat or AL, and I've been in this fandom since I was little, got dragged in by Super Mystery Dungeon and haven't left since!

I'm an aspiring writer and artist, as well a huge PMD enthusiast! When I'm not drawing up new characters, I'm thinking up entire plots to any genre, from whimsical light stories, to dark mysteries - And I'm having a blast doing it! If I do end-up posting any fanfics on here, it's likely to be OC and Mystery Dungeon related, mainly just me having a good time!

I mostly came here to see other people's stories, but it's given me quite the inspiration!
I've never actually been part of a forum community, I've mainly been on Archive of Our Own and Insta, but this site just seemed so cool to me, so I had to join!

I look forwards to reading more awesome fanfics and seeing how future contests go!
I have too many favorite Pokemon, honestly- I just think they're all great fun!

And.. If I were a Pokemon? I'd look something like this:
AL
Bug/Fairy

Naive Nature
Apparently Met In Ballonlea
Impetuous and Silly

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
A fellow PMD fan! Hi! Glad to have you here! I'm a really big fan of PMD, too!

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Hello There!
My buddies call me Rat or AL, and I've been in this fandom since I was little, got dragged in by Super Mystery Dungeon and haven't left since!

I'm an aspiring writer and artist, as well a huge PMD enthusiast! When I'm not drawing up new characters, I'm thinking up entire plots to any genre, from whimsical light stories, to dark mysteries - And I'm having a blast doing it! If I do end-up posting any fanfics on here, it's likely to be OC and Mystery Dungeon related, mainly just me having a good time!

I mostly came here to see other people's stories, but it's given me quite the inspiration!
I've never actually been part of a forum community, I've mainly been on Archive of Our Own and Insta, but this site just seemed so cool to me, so I had to join!

I look forwards to reading more awesome fanfics and seeing how future contests go!
I have too many favorite Pokemon, honestly- I just think they're all great fun!

And.. If I were a Pokemon? I'd look something like this:
AL
Bug/Fairy

Naive Nature
Apparently Met In Ballonlea
Impetuous and Silly
Welcome to the forums! Like Bench said, we've got plenty of PMD fans here, so you're in good company... and there's plenty to read, too! If there are any particular kinds of PMD stories you'd like to read, let me know and I can probably rec some, or perhaps the authors can show up to rec their own work themselves, heh.

Glad you've been having fun with your writing--do share it if you end up with something you'd like to publish! I've also got to give a shout-out to the fact that you'd be met in Ballonlea, one of my top favorite places in the Pokéworld. Welcome again, and I hope you enjoy your time on Thousand Roads!

ThatMomentWhenRattata

Jolly Chandelure
Pronouns
He/Him
A fellow PMD fan! Hi! Glad to have you here! I'm a really big fan of PMD, too!
Oh, awesome! I love meeting other PMD fans! I'm real glad to be here, seems like an awesome place to be! And thank you for the warm welcome!
Welcome to the forums! Like Bench said, we've got plenty of PMD fans here, so you're in good company... and there's plenty to read, too! If there are any particular kinds of PMD stories you'd like to read, let me know and I can probably rec some, or perhaps the authors can show up to rec their own work themselves, heh.

Glad you've been having fun with your writing--do share it if you end up with something you'd like to publish! I've also got to give a shout-out to the fact that you'd be met in Ballonlea, one of my top favorite places in the Pokéworld. Welcome again, and I hope you enjoy your time on Thousand Roads!
Oh! Recs-wise - Really anything! I'm a huge fan of all kinds of PMD fics, though found family always has a special place in my heart (which is why if I do post here, which is very likely, it'll be found family-ed)!
And how could I not be met in Ballonlea, it's just too pretty and whimiscal- I'm sure I'll enjoy my time on Thousand Roads! Thank you!

OpalSparks

Pokemon Coordinator
Pronouns
She/Her, He/Him
Hello everyone! My name is Opal Sparks, I'm a fan artist and a fanfiction author, probably just like many other users here of course. ^^; I first read fanfics when I was around 12-13 when I was trying to find Cheren x Bianca fanart, and was exposed to a Pokemon fanfiction that slightly bent the story of Black and White (despite my google search, it was not a Cheren x Bianca fic lol). I didn't start writing fanfictions until I was 15, when someone who I never thought would be into fanfictions that I knew irl introduced me to a website called Quotev. She convinced me that I should make an account and start writing fanfiction there. I think I also posted fanfiction on DeviantArt around the time, but I'm not entirely sure.

I learned about this forum site through a response to some art I made for my current fanfiction project. My fanfiction is titled Pokemon: The Delta Chronicles, and the story focuses on Serena's journey through the Hoenn region. It's a semi canon-divergent story, where it follows the anime continuity to a point, but has some changes, such as not following Pokemon Journeys changes to Pokemon Contests, characters actually aging, etc.
I look forward to being on this site, and I hope to have fun on here, and maybe bring joy to other users.

My favorite Pokemon spin-offs are probably Colosseum, XD: Gale of Darkness, PMD: Explorers of Sky, and Pokemon Conquest.

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Welcome to the forums! You know, I don't think I've met someone who wrote on Quotev before. That's really cool! It's wild how many different places you can find fanfiction. Your fic sounds pretty interesting, too! How far along are you in it? It sounds like a pretty ambitious story!

Looks like you've got fine taste in spinoff titles, too. You'll definitely find other people who enjoy PMD, the Orre games, and Conquest around here!

Welcome again, and I hope you enjoy your time on Thousand Roads.

OpalSparks

Pokemon Coordinator
Pronouns
She/Her, He/Him
Welcome to the forums! You know, I don't think I've met someone who wrote on Quotev before. That's really cool! It's wild how many different places you can find fanfiction. Your fic sounds pretty interesting, too! How far along are you in it? It sounds like a pretty ambitious story!

Looks like you've got fine taste in spinoff titles, too. You'll definitely find other people who enjoy PMD, the Orre games, and Conquest around here!

Welcome again, and I hope you enjoy your time on Thousand Roads.
Yeah back then I wrote a lot of fanfiction about the triplets from the (not-so-canon) season 2 of the Black Butler anime. I have since deleted all of the Black Butler fics though, as I found them rather embarrassing when I got older lmao.
As for Pokemon: The Delta Chronicles, there are currently 7 chapters available. I release somewhat slowly, because I am pretty bad at making sure the story is consistent, and I want to make sure there's not too much in each chapter for readers to keep up with what's going on.
Thank you very much for the warm welcome to Thousand Roads!

Junebug44

Bug Catcher
Pronouns
he/him
Hey everyone! I'm Junebug, but y'all can call me June. I love all things fiction, and one day i decided writing would be my way to express this. I also love Pokemon, so I decided to combine the two (with the encouragement of @Travant) and start writing a Pokemon fanfiction! It's a way for me to stay in touch with my writing and satisfy my hyperfixation at the same time lol. My strengths are writing plots and worldbuilding (can u tell im a One Piece fan) and I'm trying to improve at character development/dynamics. I'm very new to Pokemon fanfics (i literally started writing my first one this year and I've only released 2 chapters) but I think joining a cool community like this one might push me to write more!

I've heard people around here call the type of fic i wrote a "journeyfic" (im basic ik). I'm thinking of posting it here, and I'd LOVE criticism. I want to improve so please roast the absolute shit out of my writing.

Here's some random Pokemon-related favorites:
Favorite game: Platinum
Favorite starter: Grookey/Chimchar (i swear it's not even cuz they're chimps)
Favorite current Pokemon: Tinkaton (i swear this changes like the wind tho)
Favorite champion: Cynthia
Favorite gym leader: Larry
Favorite gen: 4 (im sure you can sense a pattern)
Pokemon that have been favorites in the past: SirFetchd, Typhlosion, Altaria, Gallade, Aegislash, Latias, Deoxys, Scizor (there are def more im just blanking).

As for who i am outside of all things pokemon, i snatched this off my linkedin:

I am a 20 y/o student studying Mechanical Engineering and Computer Science. I love engineering, chess, piano, saxophone, dancing, creative writing, reading, playing tennis, hiking, biking, cooking, and whatever else my next infatuation will be! (i left out going out with friends cuz i don't want recruiters to be seeing that lol)

Junebug
Type: Ice (my fav type) / Bug (i have to for my name)
Brave nature.
Apparently met in Sunyshore City. (childhood fav)
Likes sweet and spicy food.

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Yeah back then I wrote a lot of fanfiction about the triplets from the (not-so-canon) season 2 of the Black Butler anime. I have since deleted all of the Black Butler fics though, as I found them rather embarrassing when I got older lmao.
As for Pokemon: The Delta Chronicles, there are currently 7 chapters available. I release somewhat slowly, because I am pretty bad at making sure the story is consistent, and I want to make sure there's not too much in each chapter for readers to keep up with what's going on.
Thank you very much for the warm welcome to Thousand Roads!
Ah, yeah, I think pretty much anyone who's been writing for any real length of time has at least a couple old shames, heh. Nothing wrong with taking things a bit slow with your fanfic; that's why it's fanfic, it's definitely true that readers can become overwhelmed if you post a lot of content at once. If you ever want to share, I'd love to see it!

Hey everyone! I'm Junebug, but y'all can call me June. I love all things fiction, and one day i decided writing would be my way to express this. I also love Pokemon, so I decided to combine the two (with the encouragement of @Travant) and start writing a Pokemon fanfiction! It's a way for me to stay in touch with my writing and satisfy my hyperfixation at the same time lol. My strengths are writing plots and worldbuilding (can u tell im a One Piece fan) and I'm trying to improve at character development/dynamics. I'm very new to Pokemon fanfics (i literally started writing my first one this year and I've only released 2 chapters) but I think joining a cool community like this one might push me to write more!

I've heard people around here call the type of fic i wrote a "journeyfic" (im basic ik). I'm thinking of posting it here, and I'd LOVE criticism. I want to improve so please roast the absolute shit out of my writing.

Here's some random Pokemon-related favorites:
Favorite game: Platinum
Favorite starter: Grookey/Chimchar (i swear it's not even cuz they're chimps)
Favorite current Pokemon: Tinkaton (i swear this changes like the wind tho)
Favorite champion: Cynthia
Favorite gym leader: Larry
Favorite gen: 4 (im sure you can sense a pattern)
Pokemon that have been favorites in the past: SirFetchd, Typhlosion, Altaria, Gallade, Aegislash, Latias, Deoxys, Scizor (there are def more im just blanking).

As for who i am outside of all things pokemon, i snatched this off my linkedin:

I am a 20 y/o student studying Mechanical Engineering and Computer Science. I love engineering, chess, piano, saxophone, dancing, creative writing, reading, playing tennis, hiking, biking, cooking, and whatever else my next infatuation will be! (i left out going out with friends cuz i don't want recruiters to be seeing that lol)

Junebug
Type: Ice (my fav type) / Bug (i have to for my name)
Brave nature.
Apparently met in Sunyshore City. (childhood fav)
Likes sweet and spicy food.
Hey, welcome to the forums! Glad you've been having fun exploring pokémon fanfiction. I'm always in the mood for a classic journeyfic, so I hope to be able to check yours out soon!

Gotta say, you have some fine taste in favorites. Love to see another sirfetch'd fan (kyeugh likes them a lot, too!), and sweet/spicy food is where it's at. Welcome again, and I hope you enjoy your time on Thousand Roads!

Nekodatta

Junior Trainer
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. koraidon-apex
  2. miraidon-ultimate
Hi to everyone!
I came here through the discord, recently got back into reading Pokemon fanfic after a long hiatus, and currently writing my first true longfic, Timeslip (and fanfic not in my native language in general) a wildly canon divergent AU based around the two Professors of the Scarlet and Violet games.
I'm looking forward to catching up to all kinds of great stories I must have missed in these years! I'm not picky, I love to read anything, from nuzlocke/journey fics to Mystery Dungeon fics (I love Silver Resistance, one of the few I've actually been following these years)
As for other hobbies outside reading/writing, I like to crochet and/or cross stitch in my free time, usually while watching nature or science documentaries. I mostly do small things like plushies/pillows.
I like sci-fi, xenofiction and discussions about true AI, AI ethics, morals and all that stuff (the fact that's it's become common to call stuff like Chatgpt or whatever other content generating nonsense model "AI" irritates me to no end lol)

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Welcome to the forums! You have a lot of interests in common with the other people here, pokémon-related and otherwise--I hope you'll feel at home here. I'm looking forward to checking out your fic; love the Scarlet/Violet professors and all their wild timey-wimey bullshit. It looks like you've already found some good fics to enjoy here, but if you're looking for more, "Basic Mineral Components" is a favorite xenofic of mine, about how a probopass understands death and grief, and a PMD fic you may enjoy is Places We Call Home, which plays around a lot with cultural differences and how pokémon might exist in a society.

Welcome again, and I hope you enjoy your time on Thousand Roads!

Top Bottom