• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Intro Thread

NeroIntruder

Youngster
Pronouns
he/him/they
heya, I'm Nero. I joined the server a couple days ago and figured I'd try posting on the forums as well

I'm both an artist and an aspiring writer, I have a variety of interests but most relevant at this moment are my affinity for monster media and anything with cool creatures (kaiju movies, Digimon, and of course Pokemon). I sort of became a Pokemon fan when I first laid sights on the anime circa 2005, but I only really became engaged with the series when I saw Blue Rescue Team on store shelves a year or so later and fell in love with it. to this day, PMD is still what truly keeps me anchored to this franchise, especially after gen 8 soured me on the main series (though my opinion on it has somewhat improved after SV)

so of course, most of my Pokemon stuff has been PMD related. I made a PMD sprite comic when I was a kid that ran from 2011 to 2018 or so that I ended up discontinuing due to the foundation set by younger me not being fun to work with anymore. I wasn't planning to come back to PMD stories, but after having a conversation with my close friend circle about PMD comics, I got the motivation to start anew and spent like half a year plotting and designing characters for my current story, PMD: Nightfall, a webcomic/fanfiction hybrid which aims to be both a deconstruction of PMD stories while also serving as "what if PMD continued in gen 7?"

I figured I'd try my hand at interacting with the community more, since I haven't really done that for all these years besides a few discord servers related to Skytemple. kind of awkward since I haven't used a forum in like 10 years, but I'll manage

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Welcome to the forums! There aren't a lot of fics out there that combine elements of both comics and written stories, so it sounds like you've got a really cool project going on. I'm also always here for a good deconstruction. :eyes: I'll definitely keep an eye out for when you start posting pages (chapters?).

Welcome again, and I hope you enjoy your time on Thousand Roads. Just holler if you have questions or run into problems using the forums!

Top Bottom