• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Fall 2020 Mafia - Game Thread

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
okay I guess I'm role claiming then
My role is selfless support and I can chose one person to defend and they will be immune to anyone who tries to eliminate them.
I didn't use is N0 because no one could be killed, and I wasn't active N1 so I didn't use it then either.

*For Waffle, it's hard to say because they haven't shown up to roleclaim yet. They haven't been online since they changed their vote, and I'm quite anxious for it. ...No idea what to do if they didn't have a way to block the nightkill.

Welp.

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
  9. manectric
Qt this point I think you need to fuse.

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
Am I sketchy because I didn't share my role?

Yes, and DID YOU HAVE A WAY TO BLOCK THE NIGHTKILL?

Okay, Espeon and Waffle have counterclaimed. I'm more likely to believe Espeon, though. You see, when I was on TR during N1, I specifically looked to see if any of the inactives were online viewing the thread. I happened to catch Waffle "In Conversation" with someone a little after Starlight sent a reminder to send in night actions. They're new to the forum, so who else would they be talking with?(PS, is that against Mafia etiquette? Idk, but I saw it, soooo)

Persephone

Infinite Screms
Pronouns
her/hers
Partners
  1. mawile
  2. vulpix-alola
So I was previously expecting one of Fusion / Waffle to be a medium since there was a deadchat prohibition. But I don't see why someone would lie about that claim, and I don't think a 7-3 mafia game would have no cop or vigilante, even with a healer and seraph knight. Relatedly, not entirely sure I buy Waffles claim. Healer is surprisingly easy to fake as the mafia, since you just claim to have protected someone that wasn't killed. It's vulnerable to tracking and watching, but still would force our info roles to look away from other, more active players.

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
As sus as it'll make me, I am keeping with my belief that keeping my role unknown is a benefit to town. Which is basically asking town to trust me blindly which I know isn't gonna happen, as I've barely given enough evidence to proof myself innocent.

The way I see it, if the Town is blind to my ability, then so is the Mafia. I'll either be targeted by the Mafia and Killed, or voted off eventually. When the time comes and my role is revealed, I won't deny it. Hell, I'll wear that on my shoulder if I have to to regain Town's trust.

But if I die, or get voted off, then that'll be the end of. I fully accept that I am playing stupid, but stupid plays are what I do best.

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
I don’t know who killed me, but I know if my one shot gets used. (I didn’t want to claim one shot last night, because I didn’t want to make myself easy pickings if my one shot was used without me knowing.)

Guys, an idea. Is it possible that Shiny was both targeted by the Mafia killer and roleblocked by DW? Maybe Starlight decided to deal with that scenario by letting Shiny live, but not telling them they were targetted??? Idk, I'm scrambling for explanations here.

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
Ahhh, @Shiny Phantump specifically ask Starlight what happens if you're roleblocked. But I don't think she'll be awake in time.

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
windskull - If Tanuki is scum, windskull is obviously town. That's pretty much the only reason I'm leaning one way or another on them, so only lime.

DawningWinds

Persephone - Awfully convenient that she claimed she asked about the Seraph Knight thing AFTER someone else claimed. And the Mafia number- nobody except the Mafia can confirm it, which means regardless of whether it's true or not, it's an easy fakeclaim. Aside from that, she was on the Del wagon, and her motivation for that is the least clear to me. Overall she's not looking great.

Equitia - He seems well-intentioned with his voting me, and with and the only way he's lying about his role is if he's scum with Tanuki. Which is pretty likely since Tanuki is likely scum, but why would Tanuki block his teammate? And if he's lying, would it really be smart to risk this since, there is likely someone who can counterclaim his block?

Fusion - I'm decidely completely clueless as to how I feel about him. No idea. I want his claim, and then I'll probably revise my fuse read.

Waffle - Kinda lurky/seems like she's trying to blend in. I don't know how I feel about her claim- I can't tell if she claimed regular doc or Seraph Knight, either. If she's a regular doc I feel like that's too much protection, if she's a Seraph Knight I'm questioning the role overlap.

DeliriousAbsol

Tanuki - I just doubt two town blockers. I don't see it happening. His acting night zero doesn't make much sense from a town perspective. Otherwise Tanuki looks pretty decent.

Shiny Phantump - Bulletproof is an alignment neutral role. She hasn't really done much of note. I don't see a reason to lean one way or another on her.

SparklingEspeon - Her Seraph Knight claim has no confirmation except Perseph's claim, but her play is pretty similar to last time, and I think that if she was scum, her teammates most likely would've been able to submit an action for her and she wouldn't have lied of about it in case of a tracker. Her teammates would also probably encourage her to play more, and most likely she'd be dedicating whatever time she could to doing so.

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Wouldn't an "inactive" Mafia be the most effective kinda mafia though? They're hardly around, and if everyone is busy pointing fingers at each other, then no one would ever expect them. Unless like, everyone's able to vouch for everyone other than the inactive Mafia

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
  9. manectric
Fuse. Fuse. We need your claim. At this point, we have a failed death that we CANNOT account for. If your role has anything to do with that we NEED to know.

@Waffle just to confirm. Your claim is that you did not send an action during the last night phase.

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
Actually, it's possible that Starlight is running things somewhat differently than usual. You see, when I was questioning her about my abilities, a scenario I asked her about was what happened if I targeted a Mason. Masons are passive abilities, as seen in this page: https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Roleblocker But Starlight still told me I would get Succesfful if I targeted one, Unsuccessful if I targetted one who was roleblocked. So, she's considering some things that aren't usually as active. So maybe???

Btw, put Waffle on my scumlist.

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
Wouldn't an "inactive" Mafia be the most effective kinda mafia though? They're hardly around, and if everyone is busy pointing fingers at each other, then no one would ever expect them. Unless like, everyone's able to vouch for everyone other than the inactive Mafia
I doubt we have any here, but like, that'd be scary good in my opinion.
No, because people often lynch inactives when they don't have any other scumreads. Hell, they lynch inactives on occasion even when they do have other scumreads. We lynch a lot of inactives solely on the basis of they're inactive on Bulba. Not very effective at all.

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Wind, while I may look like I don't know what I'm doing, I promise I do in this case. Everything is under control. Mostly. Maybe.

But for real, don't worry about my role. If you're town. My role is remaining a secret until it is revealed, which may be soon, who knows.

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
No, because people often lynch inactives when they don't have any other scumreads. Hell, they lynch inactives on occasion even when they do have other scumreads. We lynch a lot of inactives solely on the basis of they're inactive on Bulba. Not very effective at all.

Well this is a bruh moment, but an understandable bruh moment.

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
So... three healers? Really? I do not think there are two doctors and a seraph night. That, like, they could just perpetually keep themselves alive if there are three mafia still alive, and at that point, there has to be at least one mafia dead. That's just not balanced.

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
Shiny Phantump - Bulletproof is an alignment neutral role. She hasn't really done much of note. I don't see a reason to lean one way or another on her.

If Waffle isn't lying and Fuse didn't do anything, then Phantump should be red. Because the nightkill was blocked somehow. If you're innocent, you should assume it was you.

@Fusion Please, if you blocked the nightkill confess.

Top Bottom