• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Fall 2020 Mafia - Game Thread

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
I have no unique information to judge that by. I can further review the thread this evening, but I stand by my initial thoughts that the town roleblocker would have absolutely no incentive to act night zero, favoring DW’a claim over Tanuki’s.

I'm assuming by your reticence that you're guilty and DW is guilty. That's it. I'm going to kill our townie blocker and the scum blocker is going to go free. If you're innocent, your ability must be good. You're either going to be blocked or killed tonight. Your role isn't doing anything in that case.

Claim.

Persephone

Infinite Screms
Pronouns
her/hers
Partners
  1. mawile
  2. vulpix-alola
Screw it. This actually might be helpful to town.

Claiming oracle. I can ask a yes/no question about the game’s setup every night. N0: Is there a seraph knight? A: Yes. N1: Are there more than two mafia? A:Yes

The former role interested me as I’d never seen it before and I figured we wouldn’t have both a seraph and a healer. Honestly, I wasn’t sure what to ask so I just went with that. Night Two there weren’t any public claims to test yet, which is where I’m going to be most useful, so I asked an unresolved question that had been floated Day 1.

In the future I’ll be going down the list of claims, asking if they’re in the game. Advice on what questions to ask would be appreciated.

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
Tanuki. Tanuki, look at me. Look into my eyes.

If you're innocent, vote DW. Please.
I already have them voted, but the train seems mostly against me right now. If I flip innocent, it doesn’t mean DW is scum. I really don’t want to give the mafia two townies like that. I’m only keeping them voted now because it’s my best chance at staying alive.

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
Tanuki. Tanuki, look at me. Look into my eyes.
This is a forum game, sir. How's he going to do that?

Screw it. This actually might be helpful to town.

Claiming oracle. I can ask a yes/no question about the game’s setup every night. N0: Is there a seraph knight? A: Yes. N1: Are there more than two mafia? A:Yes

The former role interested me as I’d never seen it before and I figured we wouldn’t have both a seraph and a healer. Honestly, I wasn’t sure what to ask so I just went with that. Night Two there weren’t any public claims to test yet, which is where I’m going to be most useful, so I asked an unresolved question that had been floated Day 1.

In the future I’ll be going down the list of claims, asking if they’re in the game. Advice on what questions to ask would be appreciated.
If whichever if me and Tanuki dies today flips innocent, I think you should ask if there's a Mafia Roleblocker. I don't think there's a much chance we're both innocent, but if Tanuki is onto something, I want it known. And if there is, confirmed scum right there.

Another thing:
Has @Fusion said anything today?
Today meaning this Day phase, yes. Today meaning October 15th, I don't think so, but there's still time for that.

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
If this is true, ask if the game started with two town roleblockers. That should protect whoever survives in case we really are both town.

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
We all need to abstain from voting. Equitia target Perse to see if their ability activates to verify they actually have an active role, Perse ask if there are two towny roleblockers.

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
We all need to abstain from voting. Equitia target Perse to see if their ability activates to verify they actually have an active role, Perse ask if there are two towny roleblockers.
Honestly, I don't usually like no lynches, but I can see the convenience of it. If everyone's in agreement, I'm fine with it as well. (Not changing my vote till everyone weighs in on this plan because I don't wanna die!)

Also if there is like a babysister or bodyguard or even regular doc (I doubt the last one), please protect Perse. Espy maybe don't because we don't want you locked there.

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
(Not changing my vote till everyone weighs in on this plan because I don't wanna die!)
I mean, yeah, same. I say we keep each other voted and let the abstains outweigh us. I don’t expect you to unvote me before I unvote you and I don’t expect you to expect me to unvote you before you unvote me.

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
(This is, of course, assuming Persephone’s claim of a 3 person mafia is true.)
I’ve been going with three person mafia in my thinking because I tend to plan for worse case scenario. I think it’s better to assume the worst here, especially since we have so many powerful towny roles.

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
  9. manectric
First, to Shiny Phantump:

1: Tanuki roleblocked the killer (Since this makes Tanuki town, it makes DW scum)
Tanuki claims to have blocked Equita last night. If that's the case, that would make Equita the killer, and he's the closest we have to a townlock right now.

2: Scum chose not to kill hoping to frame someone with a roleblock (Could’ve been planned with either player being scum, but DW is the one who actually tried it.)
If this is like the previous game I played, or previous game's I've looked at, this isn't an option. If the scum don't submit a kill it's probably randomized. @Starlight Aurate can you confirm that for me? Mafia have to do a night kill option, right?

There are a few other options, though.
1. we have a bus driver. the bus driver either
a. swapped equita and the killer
b. swapped shinyphantump and the killer

In either of these cases, neither of the roleblockers would have hit their intended target and would have blocked the kill.

2. There is a regular doctor among persephone/waffle/fusion. They blocked the kill. This is assuming everyone is being truthful thusfar, though.

I already stated someone had to have blocked Windskull, and I stated I got "No result" from Espeon, so I confirm all of him. It's a scummy role, yes, but he did clear one town (only myself, if Tanuki is innocent Windskull is not in the clear, that was based on assuming the blocker was scum.)
This is something I hadn't even considered, and you make a fair point. This actually makes me lean more into the town!tanuki, since it seems like it was at least with good intentions. And if he flipped guilty, it would more or less confirm two towns. Which would make us more likely to hit scum. Especially if Persephone's claims are true.

Which. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Assuming one of Nuki and DW is innocent and the other is guilty, and that everyone else is being truthful, would mean that waffle/fusion are the other two mafia members. If other people are lying about their roles it gets a bit more complicated. No one has counterclaimed seraph knight. So, assuming Persephone is truthful, that clears Espy. Which would put phantump in the hotseat again if DW flips town.

I recognize I'm ignoring myself in this scenario. And yes, if Tanuki dies and flips town, that would put my alibi into question. I've been holding off on claiming my role thus far in case of a contradiction. But at this point, I'm wondering if I should go ahead. Please advise. If I'm going to claim, should Fusion and Waffle claim, too? We're the only ones still unclaimed.

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
Having our at least one roleblocker roleblock the other roleblocker and preventing Persephone from being nightkilled would make that a possiblity.
What... happens if the roleblockers block each other? If they get blocked, then they can’t block each other, but then they were never blocked so they can block each other, but then—

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
If we want to skip, we have to be 100% sure that no lynch will guarantee a good lynch tomorrow.
The fact is, no matter what we do, there is no way to guarantee that there will be a good lynch tomorrow. We can, however, narrow down the pool of possible suspects and be far more likely to do so.

I'm fine with me/Tanuki blocking each other to prevent Perse from being blocked.

Maybe a cop could check one of me and Tanuki so if Persephone comes back with no we already know whivh one is scum?

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
...DawningWinds and Persephone are scum.

Top Bottom