• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Fall 2020 Mafia - Game Thread

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
Oh missed the part about even/odd night vig or 1-shot vig. Yes, that's a good point. I think I remembered seeing an infinite shot vig in the first game which is why I considered the possibility in the first place. Don't know if there actually was one, but 1:00 AM me thought there was.

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
I am glad you’ve decided to change your mind on telling someone to murder a townie, but I have to wonder why someone had to point that out for you. My best guess is you knew it was an excuse to get more people to die, and suggested it for that purpose because you’re mafia.

Backing out of it after someone else has to say it out loud doesn’t make you look any less scum.

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
Come on, you were so on the ball D1 and in the last game. Surely you can put together a little something in case you're lynched today. Especially since you definitely have people that you'd defend.
"So on the ball in the last game"
Because self-voting is very on the ball.

I said I'd try though, and I assure you I will.

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
“Just thought murdered’d be all right in my one AM brain. Definitely nothing to do with my current goals and purpose in the game. Do not look into or think about the fact I asked someone to kill a person I think is innocent.”

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
Just saying, last game we had a limited vigilante (could only target on odd-numbered days). We had two bullet-proof characters: one mafia who was infinite, and townie who was one-shot. The first TR game there were two bulletproof townies who were both one-shot.

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
Edit: In the first game one character wasn't exactly bulletproof; they could survive the night but then their alignment would flip.

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
The first TR game there were two bulletproof townies who were both one-shot.
Oh. If there can be two bulletproof townies, is it possible there’s two townie role-blockers? It might actually be possible neither of us are mafia.

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
Just saying, last game we had a limited vigilante (could only target on odd-numbered days). We had two bullet-proof characters: one mafia who was infinite, and townie who was one-shot. The first TR game there were two bulletproof townies who were both one-shot.
Oh. I think I misread qva's as once per night, not once ever, for some reason, and my memory of my reading of the first game is proving very, very bad. I thought Del had played more, but if I'd remembered the first game right, I wouldn't have, I think I misremembered there being an unlimited vigilante in it, and apparently bulletproofs.

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
Oh. If there can be two bulletproof townies, is it possible there’s two townie role-blockers? It might actually be possible neither of us are mafia.

See my edit. I misspoke. There was one one-shot vanilla townie. Then this role:

You are aligned with the Innocents and win when all non-Innocent players are jailed. However, once per game, if you would be eliminated during the night, you will instead survive. Your win condition will change. You will win only if there is at most one other player remaining. In addition, if you are no longer Innocent-aligned, you MUST, once per night, choose another player to attempt to eliminate from the game. If you fail to do so, you will be modkilled.

While you are aligned with the Innocents, you will inspect as Innocent. If you become aligned with the Mafia, you will lose all unique aspects of this role and inspect as Mafia. Otherwise, you will inspect as being neither Innocent nor Mafia.

I'm saying there are not two townie roleblockers. No way, no how. One's gotta be mafia.

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
I’m not actually sure, though. I haven’t thought it through, but last game I infamously counterclaimed as protector even though there can be two. I’m somewhat worried that’s happening again.

That we’re both role blockers might not incriminate either of us.

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
This could be a massive red herring that exploded into something and the mafia’s just letting it happen for two free dead innocents.

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
Healers are good, important abilities for townies, though. Remember, roleblockers are usually scum because they're more likely to hurt than help by blocking townie roles, not scum. Also, two townie roleblockers could potentially stop the mafia in their tracks in this game. If there are only two mafia, if the townie are good at picking out the scum, the roleblockers could block both and then the scum would just have to sit there. Also also, if we have two roleblockers, a bulletproof, and a Seraph, that would be a lot of protecting roles. But Phan wasn't hit, Espy didn't play, you hit me and DW hit Phan? That would mean Phan is the mafia, but I'm not sure of that.

If you're innocent, DW's guilty. That you're pursuing this line makes me think you're town, though.

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
Because it will help us find out which roleblocker is innocent so we don't lose a townie. You already soft-roleclaimed, you can only be so options. If you're, like, a vig or a babysitter (which I didn't know about until Dw mentioned) just claim anyway. You're in the hotseat. If you give me a credible claim, I'm less likely to advocate for lynching DW and the actual scum roleblocker is more likely to lynched instead. In that way, you're saving our roles. If we don't get the roleblocker, we'll lose a role and a role will be blocked to kill tomorrow.

If you think DW is innocent, defend them.

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
  9. manectric
I don’t see a reason for everyone to claim when we have good scum leads already. Why woule we give the mafia everything they need to make an informed decision while picking kills?
At this point, there's only 3 people who haven't claimed at all. 4 that haven't claimed fully when you include myself. At this point I think claiming might be worth it. If you're town, Mafia has probably already started a process of elimination to figure out your role. And if you're mafia, then, well, it looks like you might be stalling for time.

Plus, if your role helps us figure out who was actually targeted somehow, it might just make things a little easier.

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
Also, two townie roleblockers could potentially stop the mafia in their tracks in this game.
I know this is your point, but I can’t help but think that’s why the mafia would want us both dead. They can easily reason their way into lynching one townie or the other, and when both of us flip innocent, they have a perfect defense.

Assuming this is a three person game, that leaves two daykills with two innocents dead and no leads for the town. It’d be a three versus four even if the mafia didn’t nightkill anyone.

We might be handing the game to the mafia.

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
I know this is your point, but I can’t help but think that’s why the mafia would want us both dead. They can easily reason their way into lynching one townie or the other, and when both of us flip innocent, they have a perfect defense.

Assuming this is a three person game, that leaves two daykills with two innocents dead and no leads for the town. It’d be a three versus four even if the mafia didn’t nightkill anyone.

We might be handing the game to the mafia.

Tanuki. Tanuki, look at me. Look into my eyes.

If you're innocent, vote DW. Please.

Top Bottom