• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[COMPLETE] THE MADEMOISELLE'S BANQUET (December Mafia)—GAME THREAD

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[It's possible that the scum bus driver/swapper swapped Jackie as a target, meaning your protection never even went to Jackie in the first place. This would make sense if they didn't use their swapping power on Tetra, which I thought would be a sure thing.]]
[[My protection should have prevented the swap from happening, though. It’s more likely that I got swapped, maybe]]

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
[[Minty has two blocks tonight, right? Does a Roleblock also stop a kill?? Because if that's the case, Minty can block the two leading suspects after today, and if a kill goes through, we know it's not them.

Honestly it was brilliant play, Minty. I'm inclined to believe their innocence on the account of Seren suspecting a Town roleblock when no one else has (and even now we're still very wtf about it. It would make sense after reading the wiki about Roleblocking, as it seems to be useful in counteracting the Deflector power the scum have.]]

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
((Can't seem to find this acronym on the wiki: mind if I ask what this means?))
[[One Shot Bulletproof. Look up the Bulletproof role, and it can be modified to be used only one time, aka One Shot]]

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
[[I had a lot of sus on Pano but I literally cannot find a way to run a circle around that theory, save for the idea that Minty might be playing us all like fiddles.]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
((Can't seem to find this acronym on the wiki: mind if I ask what this means?))
[[One-shot bulletproof. Means you can get shot by mafia once and survive.]]

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
[[My protection should have prevented the swap from happening, though. It’s more likely that I got swapped, maybe]]
[[Wild. I was uncertain of the order of operations when it comes to actions taken on the same player at night. Like, which would come first, the swap to move your protection, or your protection preventing the swap?

I asked Inke for clarification last night so that I didn't waste my tracking power on someone I thought would be interfered with and was told that interference came first.

The example I was given was if I tracked Player A, and Player A intended to visit Player B, but was interfered with and they visited Player C instead, I would see they visited Player C, not Player B.]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[Gonna be honest, I am not in a good headspace rn and I need a breather from…everything. I’m going to step back and catch up on the thread later. For now, my vote is staying where it’s at. I am not in a state to play right now. I’m sorry.]]

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
Because if that's the case, Minty can block the two leading suspects after today, and if a kill goes through, we know it's not them.
[[Hahaha this could also prove whether or not Minty is actually town]]

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
[[Tbh I'm also going to take a step back for a lil' bit, I didn't get a lot of sleep last night and I feel my blood pressure shooting up. If you need me, ping me in Discord!]]

MintyMimix

Otherworldly Dessert
Pronouns
They/Them
Partners
  1. lurantis
  2. noivern-astrea
((Thanks for the clarification y'all. Yellow, I hope feel soon dude; if you need chat, my DMs are open. Please take care of yourself!))

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
PanoTown TrackerTownish?It's hard to say, but their playstyle, elaborate posts, and general plays seem to line up with their role reveal. Not defending me was odd but theoretically understandable too
MintyCharmer/Role-BlockerTownishTheir plays and reveal post and later explanation post seems to add up. Also all their actions are easily and concretely explained, and scum roleblocker might be weird.
YellowJOATTownTheir plays also seem to line up easily enough, especially with how the role was described. Their playstyle and caution too
Negrek/Windskull fusion HAH!Doctor, they sayNeutral/SusDoctor is an easy role to claim and a good way to skirt out from being voted. What with the player swap that happened its hard to fully evaluate them, especially with all the maddening shenanigans happening. However they might also be telling the truth. Keep an eye for now
SerenUnknownSUS as heckAccording to Pano, they visited Free D1 which is weird as ever. If Pano is lying that changes things, but it would be a weird thing to lie about especially since we know Free is innocent...
SindTown OSBPNeutral/SusLeaning towards town still but I also know I shouldn't rule anything out. OSBP is easy to fake but they have been fairly helpful I suppose.
MeLover :P (/s) MotivatorTownYeah this 100% confirmo

[[Good luck, Yellow Sind, hope you feel better.

This is what I got so far...]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[there's a logic puzzle solve here though, now that all roles are revealed except Seren, and we can find a way to craft a trap I think]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[missed this, let me explain.
[[Okay but why me and not Minty??? How does a Town Roleblocker not sound fake but me being OSBP is????

Minty and I have played the same--detailed posts, theorizing, whatever the fuck--so how come I'm the sus one but you're willing to take Minty's word for it? You're town, that's certain, but I'm gonna need you to think harder about your read.]]
Um because OBSP is passive and its easy to fake say because ofc course you know you won't die because you're scum, in theory. If you were scum it'd be easier to say than roleblocker, since we can demand Minty Roleblock particular people tonight and we'll have a mechnical confirmed answer.

There's no way to mechnically confirm OSBP.

That said I am not saying you're guilty I am just saying I am not 100% certain of your innocence either. Also if Minty roeblocked Pano like they said, it explains why Pano randomly brought up roleblocker, which is weird as heck.

Either they are the greatest scum theatre team ever or they're telling the truth which makes way way more sense, everything fits together better.]]

MintyMimix

Otherworldly Dessert
Pronouns
They/Them
Partners
  1. lurantis
  2. noivern-astrea
[[Minty has two blocks tonight, right? Does a Roleblock also stop a kill??
((I actually asked for clarification on this N1 - what happens when I block a single scum player. The paraphrased response was "It depends on which scum you target" but nothing further than that.))

((Seren's response to all of this can either keep us on this path or shake things up. Let's see how this goes.))

((Agreed though cooler heads might be needed here. For what it's worth, my playstyle was very quiet until D2 because I literally started emulating what Sind was doing since she had an impressive methodology - so thank you for providing teaching by example, Sind; I am having a fantastic time thanks to y'all and that goes for all you guys here!))

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[You know that adds up. I don't think my motivator power works on mafia's regular kill power, only on role powers. So no accidental double kills, theoretcially]]

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
((I actually asked for clarification on this N1 - what happens when I block a single scum player. The paraphrased response was "It depends on which scum you target" but nothing further than that.))

((Seren's response to all of this can either keep us on this path or shake things up. Let's see how this goes.))

((Agreed though cooler heads might be needed here. For what it's worth, my playstyle was very quiet until D2 because I literally started emulating what Sind was doing since she had an impressive methodology - so thank you for providing teaching by example, Sind; I am having a fantastic time thanks to y'all and that goes for all you guys here!))
[[The clarification of your first point is because the scum choose one player at night to perform the kill. If you block the scum that doesn't perform the kill, you would not stop it from going through. If we have one mafia left, though, it is guaranteed that they must perform the kill and any block you perform on them will stop the kill from happening]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[Theoretically if we pick top two sussy people to block tonight we can almost know for certain if:
A) Minty told the truth about being town roleblocker
B) Who might be guilty?

Hm....]]

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
[[there's a logic puzzle solve here though, now that all roles are revealed except Seren, and we can find a way to craft a trap I think]]
[[Agreed! Let's try to gamesolve as foolproof as we can.

As Minty said earlier, we now have three uses of a Roleblock tonight (two from Minty, one from Yellow's JOAT). Per the wiki, a Roleblocker can stop the mafia's kill, being useful for confirming innocence.
In particular, when there is one Mafioso left Roleblockers can be used to confirm players - if the Mafia's kill goes through, whoever was blocked that Night isn't the last Mafioso.

There will be six remaining players after today's vote. In my eyes, you(Tetra), Yellow, and Minty are confirmed Town. That leaves three players left who could potentially be a killer.

If we have eliminated the Mafia's swap power tonight with Seren's elimination, then we have nothing to worry about. Minty can target two different players and be assured the block went through.

The problem is we do not know what the remaining mafia member's power is. It could still be the swap power, which means we can only have two untampered Roleblocks. (This is also something I confirmed with Inke last night about my own powers. When granted the 2x boost from Tetra, interference will only stop one of the two actions.)

So, if Minty is swapped, they will have one of their blocks swapped to someone else, and will have one of their blocks go through. If we are worried about Minty being swapped, they can target the same person twice with their blocks, which will definitely land one block.

What could happen, though, is that the mafia use the swap on Yellow, meaning their block is not assured.

I'm beginning to confuse myself but I guess it comes down to, do we have a #1 most suspect target that we could 100% without a doubt confirm if they are a killer?]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
As Minty said earlier, we now have three uses of a Roleblock tonight (two from Minty, one from Yellow's JOAT). Per the wiki, a Roleblocker can stop the mafia's kill, being useful for confirming innocence.
[[Just popping in to say, uhhhh I am a JOAT but I don’t have the traditional move set you see on the wiki. I have a different power in place of roleblocker. Don’t count on 3 role blockers because I don’t have that ability.]]

Top Bottom