• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[COMPLETE] THE MADEMOISELLE'S BANQUET (December Mafia)—GAME THREAD

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[Well, I'm here! What do you wish to hear? I'm kind of blown away that Jackie and Tetra are somehow both town?? From what I gather, we're assuming there's a bus driver or similar role, which is why Jackie got a guilty reading on Tetra. Honestly, I want to believe her, in no small part due to the fact that I made a similar blunder back in my first game, with the difference being that my flailing was more in RP posts rather than panic spamming. But there's still a part of me that wonders if she'd still have done that if she were mafia, too? From a mafia perspective, she'd still have a good reason for panicking and not wanting to be eliminated. I just.... I don't know. This swapping bullshit makes my head hurt, I can't even be bothered to try to make any of this in-character. My brain just kind of... short circuited. I'm getting town reads for almost everyone now, but like... obviously that can't be correct. I just... what??]]
[[I'm sorry, but this is... just a really strange point to be suggesting this? There's been no evidence of a third party whatsoever, so why mention it just to say "there could be a third party involved"? And then, immediately go and backtrack and say there might not be one? Am I making any sense? Because... this suggestion, to me, does not. Like, sure, there could be a SK, and there could not. I just... feel like this was very random to bring up right now, just after Free died? ]]

[[Okay all I got is this. Seren you expressed misgiving about us both being town but I also understand this feels crazy. So its hard to 100% sus here but...

You also expressed perplexion/misgiving about me suggesting a TP is in the game? I'm not like, sussing but given how the idea had been raised D1 and its on the sign up sheet this doesn't seem like an outlandish thing to bring up?

I guess something I'd like here is clarification. Why did you find the idea of a TP weird/out of place?]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
  • An RP-only Day 0/pregame phase
  • Duplicate roles
  • “Weak” roles
  • Multiple anti-town factions (Third-parties; more than one Mafia faction)
  • Alternate win conditions

[[Okay so I know we don't have Bastard GM/Lying GM but is it possible we have an unusual setup in some other way? Is it possible we have... no scum? or multi scum? Or multi SK's? I want to try to consider all the possibilities before assuming anything else. Because alt-win cons are mentioned as well as multiple third parties and/or more then one mafia?

I know its a small game so multi-faction scum is less-likely but might we have something else on our hands?]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[I'm staring at the thread but idk what to do... I still tentatively think Sind, Shinji and Pano are least sus of the unknown - Sind, Wind, Yellow, Pano, Shinji, Seren, Minty.

Which even though I am uncertain, means the 'more' sussier ones are:
Seren,
Wind,
Minty,
Yellow

In descending order from most to least sussish. At the same time, it's hard to sus Seren and Wind bc I perfectly understand they're busy and haven't had time to respond to new developments. Right now, this is mostly a mix of process of elimination or vibes. I... I think I'll make a vote soon.]]
[[can you please offer an explanation for why you’re finding me sus? Because I haven’t seen you give one other than vibes.

Anyway, while I do feel for Seren and Wind being busy…ugh idk. This is rough! Genuinely the hardest game I’ve played so far, in terms of reading people. I do think ShiniGojira is our safest vote for today. I’m getting “newbie scum following the scum leader’s advice” vibes. And yes, different time zones are a valid struggle, but they were hardly posting at all until very recently—after I nudge-voted them. And they’d been asked to say more and to elaborate several times before that. Something’s weird there.]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[can you please offer an explanation for why you’re finding me sus? Because I haven’t seen you give one other than vibes.
[[Thats just the thing. It's why you're only mildly/the least sus out of the group listed... I don't have anything concrete. You're helpful and try to press for info and agree and make thoughts and etc. You do the things I'd expect good town to do!

The vibes I get can only be described as 'chooses words carefully, comes off as methodical and measured in replies'. It feels like it could be a helpful scum or good townie.

Which is hard to make a concrete read from. Because anyone could be doing that.]]

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon

Anyway, while I do feel for Seren and Wind being busy…ugh idk. This is rough! Genuinely the hardest game I’ve played so far, in terms of reading people. I do think ShiniGojira is our safest vote for today. I’m getting “newbie scum following the scum leader’s advice” vibes. And yes, different time zones are a valid struggle, but they were hardly posting at all until very recently—after I nudge-voted them. And they’d been asked to say more and to elaborate several times before that. Something’s weird there.]]
Steven nodded, staring at where the little Goomy was again back in the midst of the dinner table, presumably eating his fill.

"I agree with the Espeon. We've given the Goomy ample time to make a case as to why they are an asset to the town, and so far all we've got in return are speculative read lists. No claims of their own role being important to the cause, or even slightly less important. In fact, no claims or hints as to their role at all, as others have done."

"We cannot abstain our vote tonight. If it is a mistake to vote them out, then at least it won't be a costly one. I'm not interested in keeping someone around who is not even interested in their own self-preservation. Unless someone has a better reason for me to not do so, I am casting my vote."

Vote ShiniGojira
@Inkedust

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
"I agree with the Espeon. We've given the Goomy ample time to make a case as to why they are an asset to the town, and so far all we've got in return are speculative read lists. No claims of their own role being important to the cause, or even slightly less important. In fact, no claims or hints as to their role at all, as others have done."
Hana frowned at Steven's words. She hated to admit it, but he made a decent point. She wasn't sure she wanted to cast her vote yet, but that Goomy really hadn't said anything at all about being helpful, which was odd.

"Don't you think he might just be inexperienced? Surely a smart teammate would advise him to say he's useful too!"

[[Flavor. But I agree to an extent. It is very weird not to explain or hint at way they're useful even in the slightest! I do wonder though if this is a blunder that should not have happened if they had a decent scum teammate?]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[Thats just the thing. It's why you're only mildly/the least sus out of the group listed... I don't have anything concrete. You're helpful and try to press for info and agree and make thoughts and etc. You do the things I'd expect good town to do!

The vibes I get can only be described as 'chooses words carefully, comes off as methodical and measured in replies'. It feels like it could be a helpful scum or good townie.

Which is hard to make a concrete read from. Because anyone could be doing that.]]
Untitled_Artwork 1.png Neo listened intently to the Dragon Bug’s reasoning. Then he allowed himself to relax a little.

Untitled_Artwork 10.png Fair enough! She was being cautious; he could respect that. Of course, he wished she would trust him more, but he understood.

Untitled_Artwork 8.pngAfter all, he still had time to prove just how good at this game he was. He was going to try his hardest, and then town would win as a natural result, of course!

Neo turned to Snot Bird as he cast his vote in with his own and chirped an agreement. He then stole a glance at Goo Slug. Untitled_Artwork.pngHe meant no ill will, but they had to make a decision today…he just hoped he was right.

Pah! What was he thinking? Of course he was right. Hah!

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[ @ShiniGojira I want to hear from you again, since it's close to EoD. Who would you vote for? You gave a read list but its D2. There's no more abstaining. Who's your most guilty read?]]

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
Hana frowned at Steven's words. She hated to admit it, but he made a decent point. She wasn't sure she wanted to cast her vote yet, but that Goomy really hadn't said anything at all about being helpful, which was odd.

"Don't you think he might just be inexperienced? Surely a smart teammate would advise him to say he's useful too!"

[[Flavor. But I agree to an extent. It is very weird not to explain or hint at way they're useful even in the slightest! I do wonder though if this is a blunder that should not have happened if they had a decent scum teammate?]]
"They seem observational enough with their reads, inexperience or not, wouldn't you think they'd see the benefit of others making similar claims? Or perhaps without anything substantial to back up a false claim, the scum have all decided to simply clam up rather than make their own noose?"

"We are at the stage of the game where even inexperienced players would be able to surmise what roles could possibly be in play; the Gardevoir is proof enough of that! The theories that have come from the Goomy only succeed in running us in circles. If they were town, they have had two nights to use their powers to assist us, and they've not even been able to hint at what it is they've been up to at night. If they were a passive role, even crying out their utility as a bulletproof would be more beneficial than saying nothing."

"No, I'm convinced that at this point with a vote on one's head, if they've offered nothing, then they have nothing to offer."

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Hana nodded with utmost reluctance. A flicker of defiance burned in her chest at his attitude, but she let it simmer for now. Whether or not she didn't feel like she liked his attitude wasn't what mattered here. "You make a good point," she conceded.

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Is it possible we have... no scum?

[[There have to be scum, because I got a Mafia ping when I targeted you last night. Tautological!]]

"Or perhaps without anything substantial to back up a false claim, the scum have all decided to simply clam up rather than make their own noose?"

1638998196371.png "I'm sure that's because they weren't expecting me to claim my power. If the Mafia thought me and Flygon Hana would spend all day arguing and one of us would go, they might not have had a good second plan! If it's a small team, and one or both or all of them are new to these games, maybe they've decided silence is cleverer than a hasty plan? You can't bite your own tongue if you don't speak."

[[After a full second day of Shit Worth Reacting To, inactivity is rapidly becoming unacceptable. There's plenty of material to make judgements on now, even if it's hard to make any confident scumreads. I'm gonna use some of my evening to read through a few people's posting history again and identify a target. It might be [Goomy Litno | ShiniGojira] depending on if I spot some new scumtells, but like I said earlier, a quiet newbie with nobody defending them sounds more like a mislynch victim than a mafia member.]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[It could be that the other scum are too scared to defend shini....]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
There have to be scum, because I got a Mafia ping when I targeted you last night. Tautological!]]
[[lol duh! M bad. But the rest of my point stands. I wonder if there's any other curveball in this game? Who knows. It's too hard to say I guess... That said I agree it's very weird that shini never posed even a vague claim that they are valuable to town....

Also when I revewied their posts it can be read as newbie scum trying to seem like town by doing read lists maybe?]]

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
[[Regarding Tetra: I've been reading over the Motivator page and Tetra's ostensible flavour. I think it tracks. I think her play is consistent with her previous play with allowance for poor decisionmaking while frazzled, and that her brazen, superlative confidence that I'd eat crow only to be shocked as fuck by the cop reveal is a strong indication that she's been honest. I'm upgrading my read on her from soft to strong town, and I'm convinced with 95% certainty that one or more redirection powers are in this game's setup.]]

[[Regardng power use: genuinely don't know what the best plan is. It's a game of multi-layer WIFOM, don't you think? If we advise our protector(s) and Tetra to do one thing, the Mafia will know. But then, we know that, and could do something else. But the Mafia know that we know that. Classic mindbender that's impossible to resolve. It means that it's very difficult to know whether I'll survive the night, or who to spy on, etc. I think... My advice/request to town is to not reveal anything else today, and then try to solve the logic knot starting tomorrow at the earliest with mass-info sharing. If I'm still alive, I'll be very excited to help figure that out in a logical way. I love puzzles like that, as much as they give me a headache.]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[;~; at least we have each other.

As for powers, I guess we just have to hope there's nothing else even worse out there, like arsonist or bomber or one of those crazy time delay TP's. Put scum in a tough spot hopefully on who to kill. ]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[ @unrepentantAuthor hey hang on a second. You submitted your action super early on N1 right?... When did you get a response back?]]

MintyMimix

Otherworldly Dessert
Pronouns
They/Them
Partners
  1. lurantis
  2. noivern-astrea
((Whatever resolves at the end of this, I salute the both of you.))
((Need to wrap up something for my boss real quick but will get a post in by the next hour.))

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[I ask because I'm trying to figure out if the deflector has a time delay or something]]

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
[[I mentioned this on discord but work has been kicking butt today. Normally I'd have time to at least read the thread but have barely had time for that. I promise to be more active next day and HOPEFULLY I'll have something useful. Gonna try and catch up now and try to get at least one more post I. Before eod. Sorry about this y'all. If I'd known I'd be doing the work assignments I'm doing I wouldn't have signed up to begin with. ]]

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Free dies so it's obvious she's not Mafia though that doesn't rule out her potentially being a TP.

[[I think someone else replied to this but just in case: no, we know with 100% certainty that Free was town because GM posts never lie, as per the rules.]]

You submitted your action super early on N1 right?... When did you get a response back?

[[At the end of the night. Actions have to be resolved after the deadline, once they've all been submitted. I mentioned it to emphasise that I was so sus I spent no time considering other choices, and wanted to confirm my existing suspicions. This is why I was certain you were scum and took a while to come around even after the Deflector/Bus Driver idea.]]

Top Bottom