• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[COMPLETE] THE MADEMOISELLE'S BANQUET (December Mafia)—GAME THREAD

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
[[FASCINATING. Minty is trying to self-vote to extend. I would also like an extension, but it never occurred to me to try a self-vote. After all, if you're town, the only person you can know 100% for sure shouldn't be killed, is yourself. Town generally has good reason to try to extend, since it means more discussion time, but Mafia also have reasons to make a play like this, albeit flimsier ones. I think the only good reason for a scum Minty to do this is to protect his ally, and... I really don't buy a Minty/Shinji scumteam, at all. That just sounds fake as fuck to me.]]

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
[[for what it's worth, I'll have time tonight to read the thread more thoroughly, and hopefully actually do more analysis so I'm not against an extension.]]

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
[[Just finished looking over his posts. Combined with this gambit, I am now reading Minty as town with low-to-moderate confidence.]]

1639005230688.png "The Professor... I think he seems very much like a new, smart, but confused town player! I don't think I'm suspicious of him yet."

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[Will that even work? It might. Thats a strong reason to believe Minty might be town (or a galaxy brained scum warp level inversion playing us. Which sounds dumb).

An extension is what, 12 hours?]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[I’m also not against an extension.

Also, I’m not necessarily suspicious of this, but I find Jackie’s (and to a lesser degree, Tetra’s) stalwart defense of Shini kind of…weird? Idk, I feel like I’ve seen a lot of newbies in mafia and they rarely get so much defense from veteran players. Most of the time, if you’re not contributing much, people are totally fine to lynch you, newbie or not.

Maybe I’m just salty because nobody defended me when I was a newbie. 🤣 Idk, it just seems odd to me.

Anyways, we need an extension so I will retract my vote. @Inkedust ]]

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
I’m not necessarily suspicious of this, but I find Jackie’s (and to a lesser degree, Tetra’s) stalwart defense of Shini kind of…weird? Idk, I feel like I’ve seen a lot of newbies in mafia and they rarely get so much defense from veteran players. Most of the time, if you’re not contributing much, people are totally fine to lynch you, newbie or not.

Maybe I’m just salty because nobody defended me when I was a newbie.

[[Call it learning from past mistakes. Also, it was after Humble Vale that I was introduced to the concept of 'dead air, dead town', a maxim that suggests if nobody cares about a townie getting nudged into a sacrifice, it means they're probably innocent.]]

MintyMimix

Otherworldly Dessert
Pronouns
They/Them
Partners
  1. lurantis
  2. noivern-astrea
[[Will that even work? It might. Thats a strong reason to believe Minty might be town (or a galaxy brained scum warp level inversion playing us. Which sounds dumb).

An extension is what, 12 hours?]]
12 hours:
Days and nights are 48 hours each but can be shortened/extended if certain requirements are met:
  • Players can manually end the day early by typing in end day in bold at the bottom of their posts. The day will end when a majority of players vote to end the day (67-75% majority).
  • Another way that the day can end early is if the thread sees no activity for 8+ hours. This is to encourage activity throughout the entire game, preventing scenarios where games die of disinterest during the late-game.
  • Inversely, the day will receive a 12 hour extension if a leading bandwagon forms on a player during the last hour of the day. This will not occur in the event of a tie. If the day ends in a tie, the result will be determined via coin flip.
((Let's get a short wagon going on me just so we don't panic-vote and mislynch as a result of being too pressed for time. Whether or not you decide to retract it immediately after is your prerogative, but I personally believe that it is only beneficial to mafia if we're all scrambling on a vote last minute.))

((Sides, ridiculous bullshit plays like this are too fun))

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
[[I'm pro-extension. I'm counting on windskull to make some bold analysis with the extension time. I will have time in the morning to make use of their analyses, and make a more informed vote.]]

[[Therefore, @Inkedust, vote Minty. I intend to retract this the second we get an extension.]]

Seren

Lurking
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. sableye
[[also, frankly, a bit surprised at the lack of skepticism from the room, specifically the people who weren't present at the time of this all going down. No one is uncertain about this? In any way shape or form? I find that hard to believe.]]

[[Well of course I'm skeptical as all hell, but I just... can't see any alternatives? I feel it would just make me look bad if I was the only one objecting with no evidence as to why. I do just feel it's all very coincidental/hypothetical, but I have no alternative suggestions so the idea that Tetra was swapped is the one that makes most sense. ]]

Something that has me side-eyeing loosely (very slightly) is HelloYellow tbh?

In my few times playing mafia, I often note that mafia players tend to be very measured, precise, helpful and a but... clinical? Thats not quite the right word but its close. Basically they sometimes feel like their demeanor feels like a front. I've seen yellow's scum play once and it feels a little similar. But then again I know full well plays can feel weird.

[[I've been saying this in my last several posts. I haven't seen Yellow's scumplay as I missed those games, however I did play with her in second anniversary and she was much more engaging there than she was here (at least, in late game, not as much early game, but that's partly because I stole the spotlight very early on). And from what I've noticed, her posts have been mostly RP flavor and only slight prodding of Pano, talking over with Tetra/you about your own guilt and trying to figure that out (which could have just been her trying to gain favor as it looked like you might be getting cleared). It just feels like she's been much less attentive than she had been in past games and that's what gives me pause.

Again, though, I know she's had some irl gremlins about playing, so maybe she's doing similar to me and just trying not to over-react to things? I don't know. ]]

But why killed Free if my mislynch may have almost been guaranteed? (or at least it felt that way).

[[I also feel compelled to remind everyone that Free was simply a good mafia player with plenty of experience, and it's entirely possible they offed her just to get rid of a good player, and the resulting chaos was just a bonus/not the main reason for doing so.]]

2 guaranteed town (me and jackie)

[[Please do forgive me for not being 100% sold on you yet tbh. There's a part of me that's not convinced the flailing wasn't just pretending to be a panicked townie trying to convince others, and we have no real, tangible proof of a swapper or deflector.]]

Weirdchamp here because I had already mentioned that TP's could be in the game. This was just the first time somebody outright said "wow there could deffo be a certain tp" and you were very caught on that. Seren, are YOU the TP????

[[Yes, you'd already mentioned that it could be in the game, but we all knew it was a possibility from the signup/rules anyway? So for Tetra to simply blurt it out out of the blue at this point of the game and then continue on the track as though she'd just come to some sort of epiphany felt weird and unnecessary to me. Can't prove I'm not TP other than saying, no, I am not. I've yet to see any proof that a TP might be at play here whatsoever and I fail to understand why literally anyone is entertaining this thought at all.]]

Tetra outs herself. I'm inclined to believe it because my role was also spun to have to do with what Pokemon Loic is. That doesn't mean it wasn't like this for everyone but, I can at least attest that Tetra probably didn't fabricate that.

[[This sounds plausible... mine was less about the species but it definitely used my opening post's RP flavor for my role. ]]

Can't tell if Seren's just new to this or trying to seem helpful but not, but the questions they're raising are...oddball. "Why suggest a TP?" "Doesn't claiming cop seem like a mafia thing to do?" From my context clues, Seren HAS played at least once before, so maybe they're new, but...it could also seem to me that they're trying to keep the sus back on Jackie, or they're the fucking TP.

[[My only other game was second anniversary. This is my second game ever (I swore I've mentioned this numerous times, both here and in the discord???) And honestly, admittedly reading myself here, but this feels like it tracks with my own play in that game. Quite a few people raised eyebrows at my play because I was decidedly town but not quite acting like it. I'd 100% consider myself a newbie, and why I reeeeeeally fucking regret that I missed the newbie game a couple months ago. I'd have loved to get in on that. Kinda wishing I waited till the next one tbh.

That said... I still just do not understand the hype surrounding this Third Party thing. Yes, it could be a thing, or it could no. The point is we don't fucking know. I'm not suggesting we completely ignore the possibility, only that there's been literally no evidence that one has been added to this game, and I don't understand why people are harping on it so much as if one is confirmed.

Yes I am aware of the irony that I am contributing to that harping, but because I don't understand why others are so determined to follow that path yet. We have quite a bit of other things going on without worrying about a role that we don't even know is in the game or not. It's a bloody distraction that we do not need right now considering how little confirmed information we actually have.

Final note... I am not saying Jackie is mafia at all. Mafia can't have a cop, far as I know of. It wouldn't make sense. Mafia already know who is what alignment, why would they need a cop? I'm not saying Jackie didn't false claim, but I don't believe that's the case. I just think it's a really dumb/bold move to claim cop regardless of alignment, although I stated in another prior post how it seemed like Jackie did so due to irl pressure and a feeling of "not caring if she lived in-game anymore so might as well go out with a bang."]]

[[I was going to comment on this. Honestly, I’m just going to let this matter rest for now, but I wouldn’t be so quick to fully buy in to the bus driver/both tetra and Jackie are innocent theory. Yes, it would require some excellent acting and galaxy-braining, but I know both of them are capable of that. This isn’t me throwing active sus just yet, but I’m not going to 100% buy into it yet either. I’m proceeding and trusting them, but with caution.
I think Seren was trying to argue for Tetra’s case, in that “If Tetra is the TP, why would she go out of her way to bring it up?” Which, honestly, fair point. If you’re a TP, it would be a pretty terrible play to just bring it up out of the blue like that.

[[YES, thank you. Do you have any other ideas, though? Because while I agree with your thoughts on the bud driver thing, my reasoning for not mentioning it is because I have no clue what could be the alternative. And you understood what I was getting at with the TP thing, I don't know why it's so hard for me to put into words, but yes.

I see why this might lead Sind to believe that I am the third party because of my hyper defending of it, but... literally the same defense applies to me. Why the fuck would I continue to keep it in everyone's spotlight if I was the TP? I want it to go away, NOT because I'm a TP but because I have seen literally ZERO EVIDENCE that it exists other than Tetra bringing it up here, and people continue to treat it as though it's confirmed.

Great and now I'm agreeing with one of my own sus reads what the fuck is going on ]]

“Not saying anything helpful” I was literally the first person to offer to softclaim. You all told me not to but now you’re side-eying me for not saying anything more? I am confusion. I don’t know what y’all are asking of me, here.

[[Claiming your role was interesting, yeah, but then when Tetra -you know, the one actually under scrutiny at the time - claimed, it became exponentially less useful for you to just go revealing your own role to everyone, too. Outside of that, you've been less engaging than you were in the previous experience I've had with you.

(Admittedly, you making points for me here have alleviated that feeling somewhat, and by extension have weakened my sus on you tbh. Which... brings me back to square one, because I'm not reading anyone super sus right now. Side-eyeing Tetra and maybe Shini, but only tentatively. ]]

[[Going to cut this post short because I believe we're only a half hour away from end of day and I want to at least try to get caught up if nothing else. ]]

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora

Seren

Lurking
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. sableye
[[Forgot to mention in that last post: Getting caught up means I have three pages still to get through.]]

Seren

Lurking
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. sableye
[[Okay all I got is this. Seren you expressed misgiving about us both being town but I also understand this feels crazy. So its hard to 100% sus here but...

You also expressed perplexion/misgiving about me suggesting a TP is in the game? I'm not like, sussing but given how the idea had been raised D1 and its on the sign up sheet this doesn't seem like an outlandish thing to bring up?

I guess something I'd like here is clarification. Why did you find the idea of a TP weird/out of place?]]
[[I'm not sussing the idea of it, I'm puzzled by the timing. I do not understand why it was mentioned when it was, when there was no evidence it was a thing, and nothing in what you were talking about had anything to do with a TP or even possible TP. ]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[I guess I should clarify that what has me wavering is now that I believe Jackie to be trustworthy I feel quite torn. I trust Jackie's judgement but I also have my own thoughts and I also know that no one is infallible - especially in this game it seems.

I trust that jackie is innocent here but its dangerousin mafia to blindly agree, even if it is another townie.

I guess

Vote: Minty
@Inkedust
]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[I'm not sussing the idea of it, I'm puzzled by the timing. I do not understand why it was mentioned when it was, when there was no evidence it was a thing, and nothing in what you were talking about had anything to do with a TP or even possible TP. ]]
[[Because this was the second night in a row where only one person died. In basically every other mafia game I've been in there was a SK/Arsonist/etc

And multiple people died per night fairly often! 1 death was surprising to me!]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[oh oof do I need to vote for Minty? I didn’t want it to be in the lead because uh I didn’t want an accidental mislynch lol]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[Please do forgive me for not being 100% sold on you yet tbh. There's a part of me that's not convinced the flailing wasn't just pretending to be a panicked townie trying to convince others, and we have no real, tangible proof of a swapper or deflector.]]
[[Well I know I'm innocent and I believe Jackie is but I guess I can't blame you for not being certain when I'm not even certain of you, hehe]]

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
It just feels like she's been much less attentive than she had been in past games and that's what gives me pause.

Again, though, I know she's had some irl gremlins about playing, so maybe she's doing similar to me and just trying not to over-react to things? I don't know. ]]

[[Yes, I think Yellow's play is best explained by deliberately trying to stick to less-competitive catposting, whatever her alignment. Comparing it to previous play isn't that useful.]]

Free was simply a good mafia player with plenty of experience, and it's entirely possible they offed her just to get rid of a good player, and the resulting chaos was just a bonus/not the main reason for doing so.]]

[[Free is well-known to be one of the most experienced and genuinely incisive players in the community. She is very often targeted early, as she was in 2nd Anni. I've got better rep than I deserve for how many games I've played, but not nearly as good as hers. And I backed off Tetra while Free didn't.]]

I still just do not understand the hype surrounding this Third Party thing.

[[Same, honestly. It was one of the weird things Tetra said that I side-eyed in the first place. Hunt the scum, damnit.]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[Wait I thought just a train makes an extension, not a tie?]]
[[oh oof do I need to vote for Minty? I didn’t want it to be in the lead because uh I didn’t want an accidental mislynch lol]]

Top Bottom