• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[COMPLETE] Humble Vale Mafia

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
wait what sorry how are aliens friendly

[[
I don't have to win with my game-ending wincon, and I don't want to.
]]

Inkedust

Harbinger of Sunrise
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. ninetales-inkedust
  2. solgaleo-inkedust
  3. xerneas
  4. zoroark-inkedust
Mademoiselle was lost deep in thought, considering everything that was said throughout the day before looking up to regard the crowd again. "I've been carefully considering who to trust," she mused. Walking over to a patch of dirt, she began writing down names in separate columns with her talon, explaining her stance for each of them.

[[Doing this OOC since I'm tired and don't have the energy to explain stuff in-character. EoD is in less than 12 hours, I need to head to sleep soon and probably won't be around during EoD/be present in the very last hour since it happens right around the time I wake up, so I may as well post my readlist now. Damn you, timezones *shakes fist*.

First things first, the categories for this list will be a little different with Pano's claim of there being trustworthy Third-parties. Things could change by the time I post this list to EoD but this is what I think for now.

TOWN
Unlike my Town category in previous games, I'm using this to categorise players who are most likely to be Town based on mechanical evidence.
  • Steven—Mechanically confirmed by the telemarketer.
  • Possum—Shown to have the ability to "bless" a player by publicly declaring it in the thread. While none of us are sure what this means, it most likely provides a boon of some sort since Tetra immediately used it when she received mechanical confirmation of a Town player.
  • Rui—stated to have a role that is the same or very similar to Steven's. Considering Steven's hard clear, it can be inferred that this is a town-aligned role. Based on description, it is not something I see Scum/Third-parties having.
PRO-TOWN
This category is here to cover players who seem to have Town's best interests at heart but don't have much backing them up from a mechanical standpoint, AKA, the ~vibes~ category. I will also be placing pro-town Third-parties here.
  • Amy—I was originally going to say something else here and then the Alien claim happened but he was still in this category, so nothing really changes. I'm inclined to believe Equi here based on play as his posts come off as insightful and wanting to help Town.
  • Guzma—Feels like a genuine attempt to play aggro town, am inclined to trust for the time being.
  • DawningWinds—Don't agree with all their takes but seems to have Town's best interest in mind. I am slightly leery of their claim of having something that isn't "role-madnessy" for reasons I will explain later.
  • Salem—Even though more lowkey than others listed here, does feel pro-town compared to the others listed below her
NULL
No real feeling towards them since they've provided nothing for me to work with.
  • Gen/Kora—Lumping the two together because I have the same issue; they're just RPing, giving me nothing to work with. Gen does have his claim going for him, but doesn't back it up much, unlike Rui. Want to see more direct evidence for his claim before trusting it fully.
SIDE-EYE
Players who I'm generally cautious about but not certain of their anti-town status.
  • Palkia—Similar issues to Gen and Kora but am cautious of their claim of being something standard. While this could mean something else, Serial Killer is also a standard role. This is not an accusation and I am admittedly grasping at straws here but I wish to remain cautious as they haven't been as proactive as DawningWinds.
  • AZ—Probably just a vibes thing but I don't really get a pro-town feel off of Q's posts. Dunno why, it just is. Will probably have to reread her posts to get a more solid feeling.
OKAY, now onto Equi's claim as it dropped as I was typing my reads out.
Like Mademsoille and her partner, if I'm attacked in the middle of the night, I'll survive.

This stood out to me. Are you saying that you grant Steven the same protection that I gave my buddy?]]

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
you’re an alien?

[[
ye

Imma just share my win-cons. I barely knew anything about Aliens before this game, so I don't know what's standard, but here it is--

You may win the game if any (not necessarily all) of the following are achieved during gameplay:
  • All Mafia-aligned players are exterminated, achieving a Village victory.
  • You and your starting Buddy survive until the final day, achieving a Buddy victory.
  • You and any of your adoptive Buddy(s) survive until the final day, achieving a Found Family victory.
  • Your Buddy system wins despite you or other members of the Buddy system perishing, achieving a Bittersweet Ending victory.
  • You are executed after being shot one time, activating your primal instinctive rage mode and killing all other players. This achieves a “Bad Ending” victory.
]]

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
This stood out to me. Are you saying that you grant Steven the same protection that I gave my buddy?]]

I didn't mean to claim that, no. Just that there are (functionally) at least 3 bulletproof in this game.

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
Also, please don't claim vanilla. If you could still have a role, scum might still be baited into trying to pop you

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
that...was supposed to be in buddy chat

please ignore?

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
[[can... Can I cast an official vote for at least a one hour day extension. I think I'm gonna need it]]

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
[[I have my coffee break in an hour an a half. I'll try to post then]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Fry declares patience is good and is fine with a brief extension of 1-2 hours.

Fry has thoughts but is very preoccupied with some tasty bananas... [Read: I'm busy]

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
Steven thought that maybe if he rested his eyes for a little bit, things would be better. It seemed, once again, he had thought wrong.

Amy didn't need to do what she did, he had thought. That if they'd kept it quiet, she would be safer. But, she was a smart girl, and frankly more powerful than him. He gave a dry laugh. He thought he'd been the one protecting her.

Information was important. Information was powerful. It could also be dangerous.

"It's as Amy said. Everything I've said has come from our conversations and piecing together bits and pieces of how others have played the game."

A grim smile made it's way across his face.

"Alas, for all the information I have accrued, I'm at a loss as to what to do with it. I need all of your help to figure things out."

They would make the best of the situation. The Telemarketer, the Blessing, the Alien presence. They had been given pieces to win this game. They just had to figure out how they all fit together.

It looked as if he'd said everything he'd wanted to say. But then, he added, any trace of self-pity gone, "If we have a healer in our midst, I am not the one worth saving."

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"U-um, I'd like m-more time, too. Any a-amount," Gen said.

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Fry does, however, make a 1633010292274.pngevery time he looks at the creature called 'Palkia'. He thinks it is very strange how Palkia seemed so surprised by all of the weird roles and strange happenstances. He's rather suspicious of that.

AbraPunk

Cosmic Guardian
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. luxio
He thinks it is very strange how Palkia seemed so surprised by all of the weird roles and strange happenstances. He's rather suspicious of that.
[[ can you elaborate ]]

DAY 1 extension

Bluwiikoon

waow!
Pronouns
He/him
Partners
  1. nosepass-bluwiikoon
"it seems most of us are in agreement," said sans, looking around at everybody. "alright, here goes."

sans did... nothing?

You feel time increasing. The clock ticks slightly slower, almost too slight to be noticed.

DAY 1 has been extended by two hours. It will now end at 22:00 BST. >Here is an updated countdown link.<

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[ Do we know for sure there's a third party? I know it was mentioned in the intro post, but not guaranteed, right? ]]
[[ ok ok sorry. But hmmmm. Maybe I'm thinking from my own weird perspective, but wouldnt two mafia teams be more going for a standard goal, which is getting rid of us? This isnt counting votes and stuff, because. how do you even predict those, yknow. ]]
[[ because afaik, we've only had two things going on.

1. RP

2. Discussion about who was "attacked" (one of which was apparently Inkedust)

I'm a bit suspicious of the "oh yeah I just transferred my Bulletproof ability to my partner" like... is that a thing? If I go to the mafia wiki and look up Bulletproof, will that be a thing that shows up?? If it is, okay I guess... still weird and unusual, but alright. If it's not, why lie? ]]
[[ woah hold up theres custom roles what ]]

Fry begins scratching a series of surprisingly elaborate notes on the ground. They seemed to incredibly accurate representations of words spoken by other players...

Fry points to each one in turn, then growls a little. 'Abra' expresses surprise and much of the games mechanics all throughout. After another moment, Fry says that this isn't bad, but it might mean Abra has something simple, like... shooting people at night. >:{

Or maybe Abra just doesn't have powers! Fry is uncertain, but thought it worth asking, to see if others had any insight. After all, this is a strange town... and a strange game....

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
Possum has an interesting point. I’m going to unvote: DawningWinds and vote: Abrapunk

This is where I think it would be interesting if we knew who Buddies were. This isn’t a call to claim, just like. I want to see what happens with this.

(nothing was happening with my DW vote anyway 😔)

(oh @DawningWinds, can you come around real quick to at least unvote uA? People are liking them now, and they have a good argument for innocence with their actions)

btw, currently I am kind of around, but on mobile, which is slow for me and I don’t have my notes

Top Bottom