• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[COMPLETE] Humble Vale Mafia

Bluwiikoon

waow!
Pronouns
He/him
Partners
  1. nosepass-bluwiikoon
Palkia stared at the skeleton.

"Hmm. Would it be possible to do two hours? I got a weird voice in my head telling me that would be the best thing for their 'allowed phone time', whatever the hell that means."

[[ hi yes please two hours maybe? I'm fine with one hour too 🤘 ]]
"of course," said sans, nodding at Palkia. "gonna have to see what everyone else says, but that's possible."

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
some clarification, Steven's behavior here is mostly for flavor, he does have some serious confidence issues/anxiety when it comes to his responsibilities. some of this is not flavor and I actually am very exhausted and stressed by this not only because hhh wtf but also between now and end of the day I will have internet access for about an hour of total time. all this, this is huge, and I have no idea what to do with it. I will try to wake up early in the morning before work to do *something* but jfc I'm so sorry I will not be able to post in the thread until lunch break tomorrow at the earliest and only then for about 10 minutes, and then not again until after 2 pm. I'm probably going to sit in my car in the parking lot at work just to try and sort all this out before the end of the day at 3. fuck I'm sorry
[[Ayo gurl, you’re vibin’. Don’t stress!! Sorry, I didn’t mean to barrel into you so hard, I just had no idea where that claim came from. But really, don’t stretch yourself thin here. You’re good.]]

Some of this information I have been told. The rest I have gleaned from the play of the others in this game. I will not say any more on the grounds that I do not know who I can trust."

The knuckles of his hand still pressed over his eyes were white.

"I'm sorry," his voice was strained, almost to a whisper. "I'm sorry I cannot offer more."
He was an idiot, but he could at least pick up the subtle nuances of somebody who was going through it—as somebody who constantly “went through it” himself.

He released a gruff sounding sigh and crossed his arms, cringing at the pain that shot up through his stomach. “Alright, alright, alright, keep yer apologies. Just wanted some clarification. Don’t hurt yer brain; you need that thing.”

“Goool,” Golisopod cooed in agreement.

As much as he wanted to know, Steven very well couldn’t spill his guts without painting a target on his back. So, he’d very well have to take that at face value and roll.

Rui stood and addressed the crowd. “I believe Steven is telling the truth!” She took in a breath. “I didn’t say this earlier, but my role is...um, connected to third party members. At first I didn’t understand how this was supposed to work, but now I do! It can help us figure out who is on our side, but hopefully in a sneaky way so that the bad guys don’t catch on!”
And look at that, it seemed Fry’s other “owner” was on board…and apparently was connected to one of these third parties Steven knew about? What the fuck? So that meant they were somehow in kahoots?

“Buck-wild,” he muttered to himself. “I guess at this moment I don’ have any reason to not believe you, and I guess ya have no reason to put yourself out to protect his claim if ya weren’t so certain…so, sure. I’ll bite and take yer word for it.”

ok so I wasn’t sure whether to give more details or not but TLDR, y’all can trust Pano, ok? And I don’t think we should reveal all the details of everything but I can confirm and back up all of her claims and hints.]]
[[Mmmmokay, so yeah. Yellow and Steven might have connected roles I guess? Really kinda wanna know how Yellow’s so sure that they’re connected if they haven’t spoken, but that’s neither here nor there, and I guess I wouldn’t want them to say enough to make them a target. So, I can parse this for now.]]

Inkedust

Harbinger of Sunrise
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. ninetales-inkedust
  2. solgaleo-inkedust
  3. xerneas
  4. zoroark-inkedust
"i have a proposition," says sans, regarding the group with his hands in his pockets. "seems like... some of 'the ones above', are experiencing unfortunate circumstances. pretty understandable, in my opinion."

"if a significant amount of you vote for it, i can extend the day length. by either one hour, or perhaps 12 hours. maybe even 24 hours, if we're being spicy."

"in return..." sans' eyes go threateningly blank for a brief moment, before returning to a friendly expression. "...i'd like it if you could write letters to my brother. see, he'd really love some more penpals."

Mademoiselle looked up at the sky, then back to the skeleton. The idea that she was nothing more than a fictitious construct created and controlled by some kind of higher being to interact with other such constructs created by the same kinds of beings was ridiculous to her. Instead she was left questioning what type of place this was, that would allow this skeleton to extend the hours of the day with little issue. It fascinated her, but for the purposes of this "game", she was left indifferent.

"Do whatever you want," she said, waving a wing dismissively. "It doesn't affect me either way."

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
"i have a proposition," says sans, regarding the group with his hands in his pockets. "seems like... some of 'the ones above', are experiencing unfortunate circumstances. pretty understandable, in my opinion."

"if a significant amount of you vote for it, i can extend the day length. by either one hour, or perhaps 12 hours. maybe even 24 hours, if we're being spicy."

"in return..." sans' eyes go threateningly blank for a brief moment, before returning to a friendly expression. "...i'd like it if you could write letters to my brother. see, he'd really love some more penpals."
[[Just put me down as okay to extend no matter what the decided amount of extension time is. I’m good 👏🏻]]

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
Alright, I have been kinda busy today. Reading/responding to stuff. Player thoughts more later.

Quick post, my reason for not wanting to lynch uA is because I figured they had a role. Not saying I think they're innocent (in fact they've kind of been rubbing me strangely), but I don't want to risk them if they are Town on Day 1 at least.

I didn't spell that out initially, though, because I have taken constructive criticism from my last game xD
Why would someone advise you not to describe your thoughts as you actually mean them.

[[ hi it's only day 1, what exactly are we supposed to have gleaned from anything

(genuine question) ]]
Try and articulate thoughts on the discussions going on, and say them. Try and form reads on players- they don't need to be strong reads, just some idea of where you're sitting on everyone.

[[P sure a few people besides uA said that lol. I think DW said something like that too, kinda blanking if anybody said something similar.]]
I mentioned my buddy saying they had a weird role, yeah, I didn't say I had one though. uA I think did mention that they have a weird role though.

[[Roles were stated to be unknown from the outset, there being custom roles/a level of variation on standard roles shouldn't be all that surprising.

Not sure how to feel about the presence of a PGO in this game. Not saying it's impossible at all, there very well could be one here, but from what I know, PGOs only really show up in flash games/conplans.]]
...That is highly inaccurate. I could name at least three forum games I've played with PGOs off the top of my head, and there's probably more those are just the ones where the PGO's existence had a large direct effect on me. Though I do agree PGO seems less than likely in this particular game, and I'm just gonna plagiarize Q here.
two shots in the night plus a pgo feels like a lot. i guess if three people die then we can start moving some puzzle pieces around but if you let fear of that prevent you from using your power then you're pretty much throwing your role away i think.
PGO + two probably antitown killing roles (who thus won't be holstering probably) is a lot in twelve players. Maaaybe town could have a Deflector thing with the apparent amount of killing power (or even scum depending on scum size + if town's got a vig), but I'm definitely not inclined to make it as an assumption.

The telemarketer message saying that the person receiving the message is confirmed town implies that the Telemarketer can only target town people? Assuming that the telemarketer is town and telling the truth, anyhow. For now I'll tentatively be assuming they are, so I guess Steven is probably town?

Also I know Equi said he voted me for reactions in his readlist but I couldn't seem to find that twice. Weird but anyhow I'd give you a reaction of some sort. But it'd kinda difficult when I know you're voting me for reactions and don't see anywhere where you mentioned another reason to react to, just voting me cause I'm null.

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[Just put me down as okay to extend no matter what the decided amount of extension time is. I’m good 👏🏻]]
[[seconding this. I have no preference, so just throw my vote in to whatever the majority decides.]]

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha

Missed this because I was skipping Sans posts.
I'm cool with an extension to give some of the people who can't right now a chance to respond. I'd lean towards 24 hrs because keeping phase end time consistent is good and differring timezones makes it the most likely to give people a chance to respond to anyone who can't get into the game right now.

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[Mmmmokay, so yeah. Yellow and Steven might have connected roles I guess? Really kinda wanna know how Yellow’s so sure that they’re connected if they haven’t spoken, but that’s neither here nor there, and I guess I wouldn’t want them to say enough to make them a target. So, I can parse this for now.]]
[[I know you just want clarification on things, but you’ve been pushing for a lot of specific details from everyone today! Which, hey, I can relate and I’ve totally played like that before (last game, even), but I will admit it has me side-eying you just a tad. There’s good reason for people to not reveal all the details of their roles—especially in this game, because suffice it to say, it’s not your traditional setup.

But anyways, to answer your question as clearly as possible without giving away crucial info, a lot of things Pano has hinted at have also been talked about our at least addressed in my role PM. I’m not sure if our roles are identical, per se, but they’re somehow connected so it sounds like we received a lot of the same info.]]

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
[[I know you just want clarification on things, but you’ve been pushing for a lot of specific details from everyone today! Which, hey, I can relate and I’ve totally played like that before (last game, even), but I will admit it has me side-eying you just a tad. There’s good reason for people to not reveal all the details of their roles—especially in this game, because suffice it to say, it’s not your traditional setup.

But anyways, to answer your question as clearly as possible without giving away crucial info, a lot of things Pano has hinted at have also been talked about our at least addressed in my role PM. I’m not sure if our roles are identical, per se, but they’re somehow connected so it sounds like we received a lot of the same info.]]
[[Yeah I realized I've been kinda drilling today, and that's not a good look LOL. I def realize not everyone should be dumping info so they don't get fucked by mafia (made note of that in my last post), so I'ma pull back a little. I'm trying to contribute more than last game but I am getting overzealous, so I apologize!]]

kyeugh

you gotta feel your lines
Staff
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. farfetchd-galar
  2. gfetchd-kyeugh
  3. onion-san
  4. farfetchd
i haven’t read anything since i last posted but just a heads up that i’m probably not going to be able to catch up until quite close to EOD tomorrow. if i come back to a vote train on me i’ll activate my secret daykill dragon’s breath 1,000 spirits kamehameha nuke power on whoever started it. you have been warned.

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
[[Morning, all. Didn't get enough sleep, but I'm up, and I'm caught up. Don't mind extensions so long as EOD is at a decent time for me lmao. Don't worry, Pano, you're good. Aaaaand holy shit we have a bunch of TPs possibly? Humble Vale sure is wild. Wasn't expecting that.]]

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
[[Morning, all. Didn't get enough sleep, but I'm up, and I'm caught up. Don't mind extensions so long as EOD is at a decent time for me lmao. Don't worry, Pano, you're good. Aaaaand holy shit we have a bunch of TPs possibly? Humble Vale sure is wild. Wasn't expecting that.]]
[[Sorry, TPs? I don't know what that means]]

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
Amy had been quiet for a while, poking at the phone she used to communicate with Steven. However, finally, she took a breath and stepped forward.

"I can say how Steven knows all of this. Just give me a bit of time." She tapped her fingers nervously. "There's...I want to make sure I use the right words to explain this."

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
[[oh wait TP Third Party nvm I feel silly]]

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
Amy sat by herself, drumming her finger harshly. Her face was tense, but as she spoke privately to Steven, her expression gradually relaxed, at least a little. Finally, she went to the middle of the room, pulled a sheet of paper from her pocket, and began:

"So, um, the reason Steven knows about Third-Parties is because I told him. I told him almost immediately after I arrived at my room. When I got to this place, I just--I don't know if I was like before--but it just became clear that I'm an 'Alien'." She laughed a bit. "I know that sounds weird, but my sheet says the same thing. And--it just feels right.

"The sheet says I'm not technically a part of "Town", but I can still win if they win. For the most part, my win conditions seems to be the same as the most of yours. If we get rid of all the people trying to get rid of us, we win. If my Buddy and I survive to the last day, we win. As well as the 'Found Family' and 'Bitterweet Ending' Victories. But, I have one extra one..."

Amy's mouth closed, lips tightening to a thin line. She stared down at her role sheet. With one last strengthening breath, she closed her eyes and managed to recover herself.

"Like Mademsoille and her partner, if I'm attacked in the middle of the night, I'll survive. But, there's a danger to that. You see, even before I got here, I started developing this strange...thing. Um, powers like an Electric-type Pokemon, I guess. I ... can't control them that well. And, this sheet of paper tells me if I'm attacked at night, and then people try to vote me out the day after, my emotions will overwhelm me. I won't be able to control what I do. Technically I'll 'win' the game, but everyone else--even Steven--will be--"

Amy's voice trembled slightly.

"Um, can you fill in the picture? No one... no one else will be around who could win. On the sheet, it's called the 'Bad Ending' Victory."

[[
tl;dr: I'm hardclaiming having an Alien role. I told Pano about my role early n0. I'm third party, but can still win if Town wins. I have OSBP protection. But, if I'm lynched after my OSBP is popped, I activate "rage mode" where I kill all other players and end the game as the sole survivor. But I'm not interested in that kind of ending for the game.

I have a bit more I could say about my role, but this was a dramatic place to end so I didn't want to ruin the effect.
]]

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
[[
For a possible day extension, I'm okay with extending it by an hour or two.
]]

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
[[
Expanding on my role in OoC. More precisely, my role is "Satelite Alien". As well as my non-standard win-con, I am also able to send a message a night to a random Alien player, who cannot respond and who will not know my identity. That's how Pano knew there are other potentially town-friendly 3rd party players.

(Initially, we were both confused because we thought only Alien players would have the ability to send and receive messages--we thought there could have been some wacky bus-driving or something that led her to receive her message. Of course, now it's pretty clear that assumption was faulty.)

I sent a message out during the night. My options were limited, but I can give a hint that should hopefully make it clear which message was mine: certain letters in the alphabet. Random Alien player, I leave what you do for you to decide. You can share your message and I'll be able to confirm you.

Speaking of messages...
]]

Amy turned to Rui, seeming a bit abashed. "Um, hi, Rui. I'm pretty sure I received your message last night." She laughed nervously. "Sorry for not saying this before, and for being a little bit suspicious toward you. I actually tried to answer you with the first words I said today, but apparently I was too subtle. My answer was, 'I'm here now.'"

@HelloYellow17

She stopped, let out a beath. "Um, I'm here now, wherever this place is." She let out a nervous giggle. "Arrived last night, but I didn't really see anyone."

[[
message I received: "Are you there?"
]]

kyeugh

you gotta feel your lines
Staff
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. farfetchd-galar
  2. gfetchd-kyeugh
  3. onion-san
  4. farfetchd
Expanding on my role in OoC. More precisely, my role is "Satelite Alien". As well as my non-standard win-con, I am also able to send a message a night to a random Alien player, who cannot respond and who will not know my identity. That's how Pano knew there are other potentially town-friendly 3rd party players.
wait what sorry how are aliens friendly

Top Bottom