• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[COMPLETE] Humble Vale Mafia

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
I mean that doesn't mean I was going to vote for them?? It just means I find them highly suspicious? Right now I'm just caught on this smoke blowing they're doing after a vote train was started on them and now they're on me, an explanation I'm still waiting for.

Only offered because I find them scummy at this moment in time, but I still have no fucking idea what to do.]]
The fact that you haven't voted for anyone or I don't ecen think to abstain literally at any point is definitely part of why I'm voting you. Please vote me if you find me that suspicious.
Other things that I'm hoping to have time to type but starting to doubt I will because I foolishly decided to prioritize responding to the thread over typing this explanation also exist.

And since I'm dead in ten minutes, I'm not gonna leave y'all to have to speculate at my role. I'm literally just vanilla (buddy's BP aside).

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
[[Am genuinely thrown off here. What does that mean?

Also something else I noticed. You questioned the game being role madness during Jackie's theory crafting before coming back to confirm that it probably is after talking with your buddy since they claimed to have something out-of-the-ordinary. Later, you claimed that your buddy was Bulletproof and extended that protection towards you--a role that isn't "role madnessy" unless we have very different definitions. What's tripping me up here is that my buddy was informed about my protection from the outset, so I suspect you would've been as well.]]
My buddy said they're role is "WACK", so I'm assuming they have something else?

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
what? i was just saying that i haven't voted for dw because i wanted to see the post you said you might write. not sure what you think i'm accusing you of here.
[[GOds honestly I'm just on high competitive, high snap-prone mode out of frustration--I have information that could at least somewhat get me off anybody's sus radar but I am trying to keep it to myself for my own safety.]]

Also something else I noticed. You questioned the game being role madness during Jackie's theory crafting before coming back to confirm that it probably is after talking with your buddy since they claimed to have something out-of-the-ordinary. Later, you claimed that your buddy was Bulletproof and extended that protection towards you--a role that isn't "role madnessy" unless we have very different definitions. What's tripping me up here is that my buddy was informed about my protection from the outset, so I suspect you would've been as well.]]
[[When did they say that?

I'm voting DawningWinds, and if I get this answer back I'll explain why.]]

Bluwiikoon

waow!
Pronouns
He/him
Partners
  1. nosepass-bluwiikoon
DawningWinds: 6 (Equitial, Inkedust, HelloYellow17, AbraPunk, unrepentantAuthor, Sinderella)
Abstain: 4 (Flyg0n, Panoramic_Vacuum, IFBench, kyeugh)
Sinderella: 1 (DawningWinds)

Please hold for flavour and alignment flips.

NIGHT 1 start

Bluwiikoon

waow!
Pronouns
He/him
Partners
  1. nosepass-bluwiikoon
The clock had been frozen for some time. Time itself had been halted for what felt like an hour, but now... it reaches the end of its cycle at last, and chimes a haunting tune. Almost instantly, the sky washes over with the colours of night.

"looks like we finally have a majority vote," said sans, reading over the tally. "all that's left now is... the execution."

Nothing seems to happen for a while. You question whether anything will happen. But then, you see it - a hole opening up in the ground, golden light beaming up from the cracks. The Earth itself has heard your voice, your decision.

Before anything else occurs, sans makes sure to cover Gen's eyes, shielding the small human-turned-Oshawott. By the time Gen can see again, there is no trace of DawningWinds, aside from a lone paper fluttering in the air.

DawningWinds was executed. They were Town.

"welp," said sans, turning the paper over in his hands. "i gotta go. my brother's overdue for his bedtime story. i'd suggest you all get as much sleep as you can, too."

The skeleton walks into an alleyway, and out of sight. If you were to peer into the alleyway... all you would see is a dead end. No skeletons in sight.

NIGHT 1 has begun. Time has returned to its usual flow. You have 45 hours to submit any night actions you may have.

Any Buddy systems containing DawningWinds will be adjusted. If you are in this category, please wait warmly.

>
Here is a handy countdown timer!<

1. @IFBench (Gen the Oshawott)
  2. @AbraPunk (Palkia the Palkia)
  3. @Sinderella (Guzma, ya boy)
  4. @unrepentantAuthor (Salem the Purrloin morph) (pleas pet her)
  5. @Fusion (Kora the Zoroark)
  6. @Flyg0n (Possum the living god)
  7. @Inkedust (Mademoiselle the human who looks like a Yveltal)
  8. @DawningWinds (Executed. Revealed to be Town.)
  9. @HelloYellow17 (Rui the human)
  10. @kyeugh (AZ the king, before he became a tall hobo)
  11. @Equitial (Amy the human)
  12. @Panoramic_Vacuum (Steven Stone the human)
CURRENTLY ALIVE:
  8. @HelloYellow17 (Rui the human)
  9. @kyeugh (AZ the king, before he became a tall hobo)
  10. @Equitial (Amy the human)
  11. @Panoramic_Vacuum (Steven Stone the human)
DECEASED:
  1. DawningWinds

Last edited:

Bluwiikoon

waow!
Pronouns
He/him
Partners
  1. nosepass-bluwiikoon
Buddy systems have been adjusted.

Bluwiikoon

waow!
Pronouns
He/him
Partners
  1. nosepass-bluwiikoon
7 hours remain until DAY 2. Please be sure to submit any night actions you have.

If you would like a NIGHT EXTENSION for personal life reasons, please message your GM, or post in #forumgames in the Discord.

Bluwiikoon

waow!
Pronouns
He/him
Partners
  1. nosepass-bluwiikoon
2 hours remain until DAY 2. Plsb submit night actions I beg y

DAY 2 start

Bluwiikoon

waow!
Pronouns
He/him
Partners
  1. nosepass-bluwiikoon
It's another beautiful day outside! Unluckily for you, the shenanigans of yesterday means you probably didn't get much sleep. After all, the night was a few hours shorter somehow. You may never understand skeleton time magic.

When you leave your room and make your way to the centre of town, you once again see sans.

...he's asleep.

Looks like he has nothing to report today. That, or he's just being lazy.

DAY 2 has begun. Nobody has died. You have 48 hours for discussion and voting.

New guideline:
Ping @Bluwiikoon when you make a vote, alongside the usual bold text. This will make it easier to keep track of everything.

8. @DawningWinds (Executed. Revealed to be Town.)
  9. @HelloYellow17 (Rui the human)
  10. @kyeugh (AZ the king, before he became a tall hobo)
  11. @Equitial (Amy the human)
  12. @Panoramic_Vacuum (Steven Stone the human)
CURRENTLY ALIVE:
  8. @HelloYellow17 (Rui the human)
  9. @kyeugh (AZ the king, before he became a tall hobo)
  10. @Equitial (Amy the human)
  11. @Panoramic_Vacuum (Steven Stone the human)
DECEASED:
  1. DawningWinds

Last edited:

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
After the long night, Gen waddled out into the street, clutching onto his reunion cape. Especially after yesterday's events, he was fearful that someone might not have made it to the morning. Instead, though, he breathed a sigh of relief at no one having died. Other than that, though, the final moments of yesterday plagued him, of the person who was executed, and yet did nothing wrong. Uttering a tiny squeak of fear, he waddled to the town center, to try his best to make sense of things.

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Fry wandered into town, looking thoughtful. Some odd things had happened during the night. He felt very confused, and wondered if anyone else had received weird visits at night? At least no one had died. That was good.

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[Uhhh whut? I’m so confused. My guess is another OSBP got hit and then our doc chose well in healing? Hmm.

I have other thoughts but for now I want to share this, which was a read list I was drafting up at the EOD1 but didn’t manage to post it in time 😭]]

[[hhhh. I think I’m gonna leave my vote as-is. I really hope I don’t regret this but I just can’t wrap my head around DW’s reasoning.

Anyway, quick read list before EOD:

Hard Town:
Steven
MangoFryPossum

Soft Town:
Mademoiselle
Salem
Guzma

Null:
Kyeugh
Gen
Fuze

Slightly sus:
DW
Palkia
Amy (if DW flips innocent, I’m gonna side-eye them a bit.)

Inkedust

Harbinger of Sunrise
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. ninetales-inkedust
  2. solgaleo-inkedust
  3. xerneas
  4. zoroark-inkedust
Mademoiselle tilted her head. Again? Nobody had died again? Though, Mademoiselle reasoned to herself, if the Phantom Voice had gotten its way, she might've seen a body this dawn. She wasn't concerned with the loss, even if it was "town"—it seemed more invested in hindering town more than helping.

"How strange..." she muttered.

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
Rui felt weak with relief as she did a quick headcount. The dread that had been gnawing at her stomach all night eased significantly upon finding that, save for DW, they were all still here.

Thinking of DW made her heart sink, however. She’d been innocent all along, and yet…Rui had been convinced otherwise. Her reasoning had been so difficult to follow! None of it made sense! But now she was gone, and it was at least partially Rui’s fault…

It’s fine. This is just a dream. It’s not like they were real—none of these people are real!

Why was that getting harder and harder to believe, though?

She forced the thought from her head and turned to Palkia—thank the gods he was still here! That was very good news, at least. “Hey, I’m glad you’re okay! I want to make sense of what’s going on, so can you tell us who you healed last night?”

[[pinging @AbraPunk so they can find this easily.]]

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Salem, near-sleepless from anxious fretting, hid under a table, watching and listening with saucer-eyes and twitching ears.

[[Elsewhere, a certain Voice played a game called Blacklight. They're very busy.]]

[[Also my guess is that a sensible doctor targeted someone sensible, tbh. Or that one of DW's OSBP-granting partner or their two new buddies got hit. I'm also convinced we have an odd-night SK and not two nightly kill powers.]]

kyeugh

you gotta feel your lines
Staff
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. farfetchd-galar
  2. gfetchd-kyeugh
  3. onion-san
  4. farfetchd
[[Uhhh whut? I’m so confused. My guess is another OSBP got hit and then our doc chose well in healing? Hmm.

I have other thoughts but for now I want to share this, which was a read list I was drafting up at the EOD1 but didn’t manage to post it in time 😭]]

[[hhhh. I think I’m gonna leave my vote as-is. I really hope I don’t regret this but I just can’t wrap my head around DW’s reasoning.

Anyway, quick read list before EOD:

Hard Town:
Steven
MangoFryPossum

Soft Town:
Mademoiselle
Salem
Guzma

Null:
Kyeugh
Gen
Fuze

Slightly sus:
DW
Palkia
Amy (if DW flips innocent, I’m gonna side-eye them a bit.)
seems a bit fucked, mind putting me higher?

how are you feeling about equi now that dw flipped town?

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
seems a bit fucked, mind putting me higher?

how are you feeling about equi now that dw flipped town?
Rui winced. “I—I’m sorry, I’m just not comfortable rating you higher yet. Although, you were very reasonable at the end of the day yesterday and you even defended DW a little, which…makes me want to trust you a little more.” She gave him a nervous smile. “I hope you understand.”

She then glanced at Amy. “As for Amy…I don’t know. Steven vouched for her yesterday, and I do trust Steven’s judgement, but…she was asking a lot of questions yesterday, trying to get pretty specific details on others’ roles, and she voted for a lot of people yesterday, and was the first one to start accusing DW, who we now know is innocent…” She glanced away, unable to meet the young girl’s eyes. “I don’t trust her at the moment.”

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
[[Starting a vote train on someone doesn't prove someone's scum and Equi's alien claim is pretty believable and I wanna gun for Mafia rather than TPs. I'm persuadable on this, though. I've got a hunch that multiple aliens means they can prep eachother to berserk and win, which is frightening for sure.]]

Inkedust

Harbinger of Sunrise
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. ninetales-inkedust
  2. solgaleo-inkedust
  3. xerneas
  4. zoroark-inkedust
Mademoiselle approached the girl with pigtails and the crowned man. "Being wrong about someone who made bafflingly terrible choices with their words doesn't make them suspect. I believe the girl, Amy, is honest about her claims—at least for the time being. Although..." Mademoiselle trailed off before rounding on the crowned man. "You seemed to be both confident in your suspicions of the phantom voice, yet hesitant to cast any vote. Why?"

Top Bottom