• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[COMPLETE] Humble Vale Mafia

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
does anyone feel up to writing a post outlining why, specifically, they feel dw is scummy rather than just weirdtown? i’d appreciate that a lot if anyone thinks they can do it. i think it would be productive.
[[Can attempt when i get off of work but no promises rn]]

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
Time limit. I wanted to get shit out. The people on the list were all, barring inke, people who mostly just hadn't made me think they're town and I didn't have time to pinpoint what exactly hadn't done that. I'll start putting that together.
Inke was there because as noted strong possibility of a OSBP system having scum. Otherwise I feel pretty good about him, I feel like if any scum in the system is gonna be one of the non-public buddies.

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
[[I only did that because it confirmed that there were two killing roles at play and the benefit to town that that information outweighed the need to keep it hidden. Also I'd like you to explain your read on Sind, since that came out of left-field.]]
I meant how does outing the BPs publicly accomplish narrowing scum's pool down, assuming I'm scum.

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
I meant how does outing the BPs publicly accomplish narrowing scum's pool down, assuming I'm scum.
[[Because then scum will know who needs to be shot twice and who can only be shot once. This gives them a planning advantage. As opposed to not knowing, where they won’t know if their shot will actually kill or not.

Scum not knowing who will die from their nightkill gives town an advantage. A small one, maybe, but an advantage nonetheless! Plus, this risks exposing those who don’t have OSBP and can make them easy targets for the hostile third party.]]

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
Time limit. I wanted to get shit out. The people on the list were all, barring inke, people who mostly just hadn't made me think they're town and I didn't have time to pinpoint what exactly hadn't done that. I'll start putting that together.
Inke was there because as noted strong possibility of a OSBP system having scum. Otherwise I feel pretty good about him, I feel like if any scum in the system is gonna be one of the non-public buddies.
[[What do you mean time limit? You’re able to type this out but can’t give explanation as to why you’re casting vote for me?]]

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
"Any scum would rather see their night kill be successful and then use the Town to mislynch any OSBP people for them. Plus, if a power role does have OSBP but it's not known, they can claim and have the possibility that mafia will waste a night shot on them and be unsuccessful. Sure they will be a target the next night, but that's another whole day their powers could be used to help town."

"I don't think your play is inherently scummy," Steven began, "But I do think some of your play is a bit reckless and sacrifices information now for keeping players alive later."

Inkedust

Harbinger of Sunrise
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. ninetales-inkedust
  2. solgaleo-inkedust
  3. xerneas
  4. zoroark-inkedust
[[Anti-town would not willingly waste a shot on someone they can't kill in the night, doing so is a massive waste of time and are better off going for an unprotected player. Furthermore, it narrows down the potential pool of players with a power role. By outing the BP players, your making our power roles more likely to be shot, which will absolutely neuter Town in the early game.]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[I just. There are so many other ways to scumhunt and to figure out who is innocent—we literally have a mechanic that will confirm one town player each day, which is huge! So I have no idea how asking everyone to oust their buddies sounds even remotely like a good idea.]]

kyeugh

you gotta feel your lines
Staff
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. farfetchd-galar
  2. gfetchd-kyeugh
  3. onion-san
  4. farfetchd
"But I do think some of your play is a bit reckless and sacrifices information now for keeping players alive later."
honestly this is the thesis of scumplay to me.

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
[[Because then scum will know who needs to be shot twice and who can only be shot once. This gives them a planning advantage. As opposed to not knowing, where they won’t know if their shot will actually kill or not.

Scum not knowing who will die from their nightkill gives town an advantage. A small one, maybe, but an advantage nonetheless! Plus, this risks exposing those who don’t have OSBP and can make them easy targets for the hostile third party.]]
I realize all of this. However. Assuming I am scum, the scum already knows who's in the BP systems except there's about a 50% chance the don't know Inke's buddy, who's BP's already gone anyway. (Because they may or may not have shot there, and they know me and my buddy.) So what is the merit to me trying to out the BP systems ss scum?

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
I realize all of this. However. Assuming I am scum, the scum already knows who's in the BP systems except there's about a 50% chance the don't know Inke's buddy, who's BP's already gone anyway. (Because they may or may not have shot there, and they know me and my buddy.) So what is the merit to me trying to out the BP systems ss scum?
[[Mafia already knows who has BP protection?? That... doesn't seem possible, especially because they already shot one person who had it. Why waste the night?]]

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
[[What do you mean time limit? You’re able to type this out but can’t give explanation as to why you’re casting vote for me?]]
The previous time limit before the extention. Right now I am trying to simultaneously respond to stuff new and write a proper explantion for why I don't particularly think you're town.

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
[[I agree it's unhelpful, but the thesis of it? I have caught myself several times wanting to ask for more information but realizing the cost of gaining that information is too high. The urge to want information in this game is not inherently scummy. Though the more I think of it I still don't like how hard they're doubling down on their reasoning despite a last minute vote train nearly following through. Would scum so willingly give up on day 1?]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[So is this you changing your mind to believe DW is scum? Or is this just an observation?]]

[[I agree it's unhelpful, but the thesis of it? I have caught myself several times wanting to ask for more information but realizing the cost of gaining that information is too high. The urge to want information in this game is not inherently scummy. Though the more I think of it I still don't like how hard they're doubling down on their reasoning despite a last minute vote train nearly following through. Would scum so willingly give up on day 1?]]
[[There’s nothing scummy about wanting info, but throwing out a vote and then doubling down on it for the whole day is what has me side-eying. It really reads as though DW is perfectly content to vote anyone off on a whim, which is really not helpful to town.]]

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
After last night, assuming I am scum, they already know the BP systems besides maybe Inke's buddy.
[[That is assuming all BP systems have claimed. Which, if they're smart, some of them haven't.]]

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
[[I'm starting to feel like they're blowing smoke??? Like, DW kept the vote on uA until they started being questioned about it, and now there's a vote train going on it, so they're throwing up a vote for me under the guise "NO TIME TO EXPLAIN" while also insisting it would be a good idea to out the BP systems? Like, is DW grasping at straws trying to convince everyone to go in another direction so they don't get sac'd, as SCUM?

Jfc I don't really want to abstain and I was reading DW as just trigger happy to get a vote in but this is just fucking weird.]]

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
After several minutes of writing, Gen had written a message of a greeting, telling Sans' brother a bit about himself, and asking if Sans' brother had ever heard of Johto.

He was about to give it to Sans, before hesitating. The stuff at the gift shop waa already paid for, right? Maybe he should include a gift with the letter.

He waddled up towards one of the shelves, before taking a bag of candy off of one of the lowest rungs. He then waddled to Sans, and tried to give the letter and candy to him. "H-here's the l-letter, and s-some candy as a g-gift."

Inkedust

Harbinger of Sunrise
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. ninetales-inkedust
  2. solgaleo-inkedust
  3. xerneas
  4. zoroark-inkedust
After last night, assuming I am scum, they already know the BP systems besides maybe Inke's buddy.

[[You're running solely on the assumption that we are accusing you of being scum when I see a much greater possibility that you're ignoring here. What I think is more likely at this point is that you're a hostile Third-party. You'd reap the benefits of your buddy's protection, without Mafia figuring out who is/is not Bulletproof and you get a narrower pool of who to target at night. This would also align with your claim seeing that SK is considered to be a standard role, which was the thing I was leery about in my initial reads list.]]

kyeugh

you gotta feel your lines
Staff
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. farfetchd-galar
  2. gfetchd-kyeugh
  3. onion-san
  4. farfetchd
mm. i dunno. i think that acquiring information, especially information that can be used to endanger the town, is the primary objective mafia has during the day, aside from achieving a miselimination. looking for people who are doing those things is the best way to hunt for scum.

Top Bottom