• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Truth or Dare Crossroads

Inkedust

Harbinger of Sunrise
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. ninetales-inkedust
  2. solgaleo-inkedust
  3. xerneas
  4. zoroark-inkedust
"I would agree," Mhynt replied. "Unfortunately, when faced with forever and no sense of escape, some prefer to stop thinking about it. And to stop thinking about it, they shed what made themselves whole, and become part of the problem. It's... a complicated issue. I can't blame them for wanting to escape their unhappy forever."
A flicker of confusion then curiosity flashed across Bellatrix's features. "You sound like you speak from experience," she observed. "Much as I'd like to believe that everything must come to an end eventually and such concepts should only make their home in the hypothetical, how strong a will must one have to possess withstand that erosion?" she humoured.

"Bellatrix..." Eco muttered. "Sounds... dignified, in a respectable way, of sorts."
But before she could hear a response, Bellatrix's attention once again turned to Eco. A wave of satisfaction washed through the zorua - if one looked closely, they could see her puff out her chest. "It is a name I hold with great pride," she said with confidence. "Anyone with a modicum of self-respect would do the same."

Without another word, she went to serve herself some more tea. Though she was certain that none of this was real, the tea itself was quite nice, its effects so calming. But before she could make it too far...
The Pillar shifted at once to stark white, and a rolling fog expanded from its base, rippling across the earth. In its wake, great snowdrifts blossomed up as though being pushed clean through the ground. Frost glittered on the carved stone that had been the plaza, the water spray from the fountain crystallizing. Again, the idea of winter, but lacking the physicality of it. Mist formed from breath despite the apparent temperature remaining balmy.

Alioth poured out some coffee for the guests, closing his eyes contentedly when the first snowflakes settled on his nose. "Ahh, now this is rather more familiar to me."
The environment shifted again. Bellatrix had always enjoyed winter's visage, pale snow and soaring mountains reminding her of a time lost to memory's reach. It compounded the effects of the tea, causing her to doze off a bit, though she tried to be at the very least passively aware of what was going on so she could react to anything of interest. Or prevent herself from being made the butt of any joke.

Gabriel blinked. "So you're... originally human and then turned into a morph?" That was a strange concept. But then again, he was a Pokémorph who'd just turned into a Slugma.
She hadn't made any comment on it before, but when the topic came up, Bellatrix's mind couldn't help but wander a bit. The idea of not being human or pokémon but some unnatural inbetween? She shuddered at the thought, but then again... Was it all that different to where she'd found herself now?

Truth: Do you have any experience with the multiverse?
Grateful for a topic change, Lillia turned her head to bark an answer. "Nope, this is my first time! If that's what this is, anyway. But I know a few friends who've been through something like this before!' She squinted at the newcomer, a memory surfacing. "In fact... rumor has it they fought against an evil golden hoopa! You're not secretly body painting yourself, are you??"
Multiverse, multiverse... Was that what this was? It would make sense if this was anything more than a feverdream. "I've heard the theory," she answered. "It's a commonly posited one, even by the most simple of laymen, but I never put any stake in it." Her ears perked as soon as she heard the growlithe speak, however. "Now that just sounds like nonsense," Bellatrix huffed. "A story you'd tell a child before you'd put them to bed. Where on earth did you hear something so ridiculous?" she demanded.

She was growing increasingly convinced that this was just a dream after all.

Her ears perked up as the Espeon spoke once more. "Oh, uh, it's Roya," she said as her tail curled. "Nice to meet ya too. But what did I tell you about no funny business?!" The Luxray's eyes narrowed as she lowered her head in an attempt to intimidate. She paid no mind to the heart-shape her tail had made.

Roya let out a scoff. "Whatever. You part of this whole dream thing too, or do you just get sick kicks off watchin' people dance for you?"
"You seem to be more than happy to do the honours of embarrass yourself without much prompting," she replied dryly to the luxray, Roya as she was called. "If you don't want to 'dance', as you say, then perhaps you shouldn't have donned the jester's cap."
Dare: kiss a stranger
"I'm feeling rather smoochy right now," he hummed. "Any volunteers? Any gender goes."
And just in time to demonstrate, Bellatrix turned her snout upwards and shut her eyes. "None of that for me," she said before she quickly spared a glimpse at Roya to gauge her reaction.

Bowing down, she spoke with sincerity. "I apologize for any disturbance I may have caused. Rest assured, I'll be taking my leave as I fear for what I may do if I stay here any longer."

She got up from her position and allowed the feeling of familiarity to cover her soul as her body faded away, dissipating like dust in the wind.
But before she could see anything, Bellatrix's attention snapped to the departing figure. They could just leave? Just like that? It couldn't be that simple, could it? No, no, it was some kind of test. It had to be, otherwise she would've left the moment she realised she was playing Truth or Dare. There had to be some indication that she was free to leave, and so far, she saw none. She looked at the crystal pillar. Perhaps if she just answered and gave a few more prompts...

Truth: What is something you refuse to be wrong about, even if you are wrong?
Immediately, Bellatrix frowned. "I'm never wrong," she said. "But if I must give a proper answer, it is my pride, my heritage. Even if I can't remember, I know deep down that I come from a place of greatness. My spirit is proof of that."
Dare: Summon your aura around you, or try to, and try and change its shape or colour.
An aura of shining silver coalesced and draped itself over Bellatrix's form. At first, she didn't realise that she'd fulfilled the dare, for she had been focused on the prior truth. When the realisation struck, a satisfied smile painted itself over her features, as the aura shaped itself into a pair of brilliant wings for all to see. Was it the strange nature of the place or the skills of an illusionist at play? Not even she could answer.

Dare: Do an impression of another Pokemon present in this place.
What was the work of the zorua's natural ability, however, was when she took on the form of the espeon. Barring the tail, which remained the same, she was a perfect doppelganger. She looked like she was about to say something to Roya but then...
Truth: Is there anyone you truly hate?
Any semblance of enjoyment Bellatrix had in the moment vanished. A neutral coldness overtook her exterior but internally, the answer screamed at her. Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes. But for the life of her, she couldn't recall a name, or a face, or a reason. Just that it was cold, it was festering...

And it was all his fault.

Navar

Professional Mudkip Lover
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
All the shenanigans looked cool, apart from all the fighting, Shiron never understood why they liked fighting so much.

Truth: Is there anyone you truly hate?
...Oh boy, what a question. Just thinking about it made his stomach twist into a knot. Not that he didn't know the answer; Shiron had a pretty good idea. It was just hard to say it.

"Well, I don't like the idea of hate, so I don't really do it."

Except for me.

"And I haven't met anyone that deserved to be hated."

Except for me.

"So... I don't think I hate anyone."

Except for me.

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
She got up from her position and allowed the feeling of familiarity to cover her soul as her body faded away, dissipating like dust in the wind.
“Oh, she’s gone,” Seb muttered, letting out a small chuckle. “Good riddance, don’t you think?” He looked around and placed his wings on his hips. “Now, what were we doing again? Oh, right, truth or dare. Well, I haven’t said anything for a while, so…”

Truth: Which would you rather fight: a deity or a notorious criminal?

Forestoak

Cosmic leech
https://www.wattpad.com/717235456-pokemon-divine-a
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. clodsire-custom
  2. groudon
A notorious criminal! He'd already fought the Fortune Sisters, so it was pretty obvious to Fake. Although, he supposed, that croagunk could've easily won if there was no element of surprise. He also felt like he should make a truth or dare too...
Dare : Teach yourself how to fly.
Eh, it would do. He suddenly felt sick at the dare though and wobbled off. Maybe I should do a truth instead...

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Dare: Teach yourself how to fly

Lee was quietly... not entirely paying attention to everything going on, but figured he ought to do another prompt. Like that on dare. Seemed easy enough since he basically already could.

A faint black aura shone around the wolf, and he steadily levitated off the ground. He held it for a few seconds, then nodded and was about to go back to not doing anything. Then he lost his balance and flipped upside down.

Navar

Professional Mudkip Lover
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
Truth: Which would you rather fight: a deity or a notorious criminal?
"W-Why do people like fighting so much...?"

Nervousness aside, that was also an easy question.

"Notorious criminal! I don't really think I'm strong enough to fight a deity."

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"Aren't you human?" Lee asked, still not upright. He hummed a second later. "Well I suppose not every humans needs to be battle-addicts, but still."

Forestoak

Cosmic leech
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. clodsire-custom
  2. groudon
"Aren't you human?" Lee asked, still not upright. He hummed a second later. "Well I suppose not every humans needs to be battle-addicts, but still."
Akari would disagree. In fact, Rei had sought Fake out just so her pikachu wouldn't destroy Bonfire or anything like that. Wait, shouldn't I go and help now? He hopped forward and tried to steady Lee to no success. His aura flickered, now whitish pink as he panicked. Yeah, I need to evolve. Like, ASAP.

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"Hm?" Lee glanced at Akari, and seeing him try and fail to right Lee, a thought came to him.

He started spinning.

"Is something the matter?" he asked Akari.

Forestoak

Cosmic leech
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. clodsire-custom
  2. groudon
[[OOC : Uh...I meant Fake tried, not Akari, sorry!]]
He started spinning.

"Is something the matter?" he asked Akari Fake.
Yes, the fact you're spinning very casually and still not carsick. Fake sarcastically thought. Oh yeah, and isn't that obvious? Just spin. Wow. Pure genius. He was happy that he hadn't condemned anyone to hover upside down forever though.

Partners
  1. suikaibuki
Power limitation wasn't mentioned in the preamble. But, funny thing about that. Admon wasn't drawn to the nexus. He, in fact, simply walked in - the power to manipulate dimensions and all that. This means absolutely nothing in practice except flavor, since he can't/won't affect anyone permanently and whatever power can manifest against him won't do much.

For the record though, Shini and I set this up for some exposition, since they're the type of characters who weren't going to share normally, and this was supposed to be fun. Though she left, so we move on from it. Sorry if it was distracting. Though admittedly that reaction almost distressed/worried me into peacing out...needed to think on it a bit.

Admon sighed and shook his head. He appeared about to say something, but remained in solemn silence. There was a flicker as something very similar that he used to enter flashed, but he appeared to think better of it and it faded. He wore a frown of pity.

"Well." He started, pausing to consider. "Hm. Out of curiosity, I would have the opinion of you all. In fact, let's make it formal."

Truth: Do you fear a loss of identity, in the sense that through your experiences, you may become something you are not or even something you hate?

canisaries

you should've known the price of evil
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. inkay-shirlee
  2. houndoom-elliot
  3. yamask-joanna
  4. shuppet
  5. deerling-andre
Truth: Do you fear a loss of identity, in the sense that through your experiences, you may become something you are not or even something you hate?
In his mind's eye, Andre saw a madman slaughtering the innocent.

I will never become like that. I cannot become like that.

Forestoak

Cosmic leech
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. clodsire-custom
  2. groudon
Not really...? I mean, Rei lost his identity, but he still acts perfectly humane. Still, though, that question was disturbing. It was clear he wasn't the only one disturbed, Andre was experiencing something like that. Suddenly, a deep insight revealed itself to Fake : What if Rei hadn't been humane when he had his identity? Was a transformation like this possible?

Seren

Lurking
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. sableye

"Not at all!" Lillia replied. "I am me, and there's no one else like me out there, and there - sadly - never will be!" She spun in a circle, not quite chasing her tail but not quite not doing that, either. "I mean, I bet I could have a lot of fun with myself if there were two of me!"

[ooc: fwiw, System Error, I think you and Shini were fine. It's okay to set up a scene and play it out, since the goal is to play with your characters here, but I also don't think we want to drown the game thread too much, either, which is why the General RP thread was brought up; so long as you're continuing to do the ToD game, you're fine to stick around here.]

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Much as I'd like to believe that everything must come to an end eventually and such concepts should only make their home in the hypothetical, how strong a will must one have to possess withstand that erosion?"

Mhynt smiled, tilting her head in thought.

"Sometimes will isn't enough. Just as death claims everyone, the void claims what's left afterward. The ferocious monsters that exist--all former people themselves, mind you--can overpower any 'will.' You need the blessings of the gods to survive longer." Mhynt sighed. "I lost my battle in trying to change that reality. But... someone else I know is still fighting."

ShiniGojira

Multiversal Extraordinaire
Pronouns
He/him/they/her
Partners
  1. froslass
  2. zorua-gojira
  3. salandit-shiny
Flickers of light came into being, coalescing slowly and quietly as a being appeared in the midst. Her long, brown hair swayed behind her and her casual clothes billowed in the winds. For a moment, it looked as if Alluhmieh had come back but upon closer inspection, the being looked a lot more relaxed and peaceful than her predecessor, the being hovered for a moment, the lights dimming before she was suddenly unceremoniously dropped onto the ground and into a pile of snow.

The girl awoke with a yelp, shivering and rubbing her arms in an attempt to stave off the cold. Where was she? What was going on? Why was she freezing in the snow? She was in bed just a moment ago, how did she–

Crude. He had something with this, she was sure of it. He had done something similar to this a few weeks ago and during that time, she had to–

No... Nonono... She glanced around, hoping that she was wrong.

Tea party.

People around talking to each other.

The more she looked, the more her nerves grew and she came to the horrific conclusion...

She was in a social setting!!!

Quickly, she looked above, sighing in relief when she noticed the lack of a large glowing arrow pointing down at her. Taking in several deep breaths, she pushed the anxiety creeping into her mind as she took a step forward, hearing people speaking to some kind of 'truth' thing.

Wha– Her mind was suddenly bombarded by the feeling of... knowing? Of this place's setting?

Truth: What was the most embarrassing thing you've ever witnessed?

Truths and dares sprung into her mind and she struggled to keep track of them. She covered her head, almost yelling, "Ah, I once saw Dell talking to a mirror, he was flirting and flexing at his reflection before realising it was himself. It was the funniest and cutest thing I've ever seen and... oh crud, I was supposed to keep that a secret... frick..."

Forestoak

Cosmic leech
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. clodsire-custom
  2. groudon
Flickers of light came into being, coalescing slowly and quietly as a being appeared in the midst. Her long, brown hair swayed behind her and her casual clothes billowed in the winds. For a moment, it looked as if Alluhmieh had come back but upon closer inspection, the being looked a lot more relaxed and peaceful than her predecessor, the being hovered for a moment, the lights dimming before she was suddenly unceremoniously dropped onto the ground and into a pile of snow.

The girl awoke with a yelp, shivering and rubbing her arms in an attempt to stave off the cold. Where was she? What was going on? Why was she freezing in the snow? She was in bed just a moment ago, how did she–

Crude. He had something with this, she was sure of it. He had done something similar to this a few weeks ago and during that time, she had to–

No... Nonono... She glanced around, hoping that she was wrong.

Tea party.

People around talking to each other.

The more she looked, the more her nerves grew and she came to the horrific conclusion...

She was in a social setting!!!

Quickly, she looked above, sighing in relief when she noticed the lack of a large glowing arrow pointing down at her. Taking in several deep breaths, she pushed the anxiety creeping into her mind as she took a step forward, hearing people speaking to some kind of 'truth' thing.

Wha– Her mind was suddenly bombarded by the feeling of... knowing? Of this place's setting?

Truths and dares sprung into her mind and she struggled to keep track of them. She covered her head, almost yelling, "Ah, I once saw Dell talking to a mirror, he was flirting and flexing at his reflection before realising it was himself. It was the funniest and cutest thing I've ever seen and... oh crud, I was supposed to keep that a secret... frick..."
Fake's sleepiness instantly went away as he watched the newcomer. He backed away before deciding that was rude and stepped forward again. Is she okay? Actually you know what, let's see if my newfound aura powers can let me communicate.

______________________-_____-_________________----______-_-__-_-_----____________----__-----_____-__---_-_-
Nope. Oh well. He could deal with all this later. For now, he tunneled down to sleep and only a gilded sprout revealed his presence.

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
"Sometimes will isn't enough. Just as death claims everyone, the void claims what's left afterward. The ferocious monsters that exist--all former people themselves, mind you--can overpower any 'will.' You need the blessings of the gods to survive longer." Mhynt sighed. "I lost my battle in trying to change that reality. But... someone else I know is still fighting."
Alioth hummed. "Fighting a battle to change reality. I've heard many describe their personal journeys as a struggle against fate. But this sounds rather more literal."

He'd just finished pouring out the last of the coffee, setting the steaming cups up in a circle on a tree stump. At once, the wind shifted, sending the trails of steam drifting... oddly, away from the center of the crossroads. In all directions at once.

"Seems this crossing might be coming to a close soon," the Typhlosion said cheerfully. "I hope that whatever you've learned about the walks of life from other worlds has been illuminating."

There was probably some time for farewells, at least.

Top Bottom