• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Truth or Dare Crossroads

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"Fuck off," the Arctozolt said to NEO, though there was unease in their voice.

Get us the FUCK away from him.

And so, the chimera waddled backwards away from the fire dragon, though kept staring at him, wanting to make sure he didn't follow them.

Navar

Professional Mudkip Lover
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
"I-I think saying that is a little... too much? No?"

Shiron fiddled with his fingers. This weird Pokémon was weirding him out. He should think of a truth. Or a funny dare.

Dare: Try to make someone laugh!

There. That was better. Shiron smiled, proud of himself.

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"Is it too much to ask that I be pulled into a quiet dimension for once?" a gruff voice muttered, coming from a Lycanroc lying on the ground. The reds of his fur were partially faded, the black tips of his mane held grey streaks, and his eyes weren't nearly as bright a pink or red as others of his species.

He sat up, rolling his shoulders and glaring over everyone present. "And here's another game of truth or dare as well. What a daring option, never before seen," he scoffed sarcastically.

Navar

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
"Puppy..."

Shiron held back the urge to pet this overgrown puppy, both because he was a little scary and because being a Pokémon now made it weirder.

Prompt Collection 2 - Mossy Garden

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
#include <aether_io>

int aetheric_ops()
// Retiring the oldest prompts from this session.
aether_out <<
"RETIRE_PROMPTS:\n"

"- Retire: PROMPT_01_(1)\n"
"- Retire: PROMPT_02_(4)\n"
"- Retire: PROMPT_03_(4)\n"
"- Retire: PROMPT_04_(5)\n"
"- Retire: PROMPT_05_(2)\n"
"- Retire: PROMPT_06_(2)\n"
"- Retire: PROMPT_07_(2)\n"
"PROMPTS_RETIRED\n";

#include <aether_io>

int aetheric_ops()
aether_out <<
"REQUEST_PROMPT_LIST:\n"

"PROMPT_08:\n"
"- Type:
Dare\n"
"- Text: Can you sing?\n"
"- Responses: 4\n"

"PROMPT_09:\n"
"- Type:
Dare\n"
"- Text: Construct a sand castle as a symbolic self-portrait.\n"
"- Responses: 3\n"

"PROMPT_10:\n"
"- Type:
Dare\n"
"- Text: I dare you to go through with a battle with someone else here.\n"
"- Responses: 1\n"

"PROMPT_11:\n"
"- Type:
Dare\n"
"- Text: Act like a dog.\n"
"- Responses: 2\n"

"PROMPT_12:\n"
"- Type:
Truth\n"
"- Text: Is there anything or anyone you would kill for?\n"
"- Responses: 6\n"

"PROMPT_13:\n"
"- Type:
Truth\n"
"- Text: If you could change anything about yourself for... a "next life" or something like that, I guess, then what would it be?\n"

"PROMPT_14:\n"
"- Type:
Dare\n"
"- Text: Let's start a food fight! Dump your tea on someone!\n"

"PROMPT_15:\n"
"- Type:
Truth\n"
"- Text: What would make you REALLY happy right now?\n"

"PROMPT_16:\n"
"- Type:
Dare\n"
"- Text: Try to make someone laugh!\n"
"- Responses: 0\n"

// ...

As the others sat in their circles sharing tea and doing somersaults, Prim stomped across the ethereal plain, approached the wispy whispering column at the center of the field, and gave it a nice wallop with her weird little leaf-hand, end curled into a membrane-thin leaf-fist.

"Send me back."
int aetheric_ops()
// Appeasing instantiated spirit Lilligant_Hisui_01
aether_out <<
"TRANSFORM_ENVIRONMENT:\n"

"Whispering_Pillar:\n"
"- Target: Leafshrine\n"
"- Generate: Forest\n"
"- Generate: Ruins\n"
"- Transform: Fountain\n"

Prim slapped the heat-shimmer of the Pillar, and it shifted once again. The desert's purple shadows gave way to dappled light beneath deciduous trees, and a gentle breeze orbited the Pillar to move them. A plaza of carved stone carpeted with moss and lichen lay beneath the Whispering Pillar's new form, a fountain of water from which a fine spray gently fell.

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
The wolf blinked at Shiron, not immediately knowing how to respond to that.

"My name is Lee, actually," he said, then stood up off the ground and stretched out his back, literally towering over the Marshtomp. "A pleasure."

His attention almost immediately snapped to the pillar and the space shifting around it, and around everyone. "...Intriguing. What is that, exactly?" he asked no one in particular.

Navar

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
Shiron looked up, doing his best to hide a blush. That was, not at all. "H-Hi..."

He turned to see the space shifting. Weird.

"Huh... I don't know, but it's odd."

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
Seb seemed to be a bit overwhelmed by all the noise around him. Everyone was talking with each other and here he was, lost on who he wanted to talk with and with nothing to say. Well, it didn’t have to be a problem so long as he was enjoying this game of Truth or Dare, right?

Prim slapped the heat-shimmer of the Pillar, and it shifted once again. The desert's purple shadows gave way to dappled light beneath deciduous trees, and a gentle breeze orbited the Pillar to move them. A plaza of carved stone carpeted with moss and lichen lay beneath the Whispering Pillar's new form, a fountain of water from which a fine spray gently fell.
The sudden change of the environment caught him by surprise. Admittedly, he thought it was better than that desert. The trees provided comfortable shades from the sun’s heat, and now that the breeze was more present than ever, he felt relaxed.

Still, he had a dare in mind. He hoped to see what came of it.
Dare: Transform. Or evolve, at the very least. Maybe if I can see the process in detail…
This was a dream, after all, right? Lucid dreaming had to involve some level of control over what one could see.

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Dare: Transform. Or evolve, at the very least. Maybe if I can see the process in detail...

"Odd indeed." Lee didn't pay Shiron's reaction any mind, choosing to pat the fish on the head and focus on that... weird whisper he heard. The dare.

"Transformation, hm? While I cannot evolve further, I should be able to do the opposite," Lee said, flexing his paws. His body started to deteriorate into black and red cubes, shifting and reforming into a... rather large Rockruff, with red eyes instead of blue.

"Does this work?" he asked, his voice almost jarringly young, like some overly serious kid. "If all you wanted to do was research though I don't think I'm that good a subject. If the cubes weren't obvious enough, I'm a bit abnormal."

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
"Transformation, hm? While I cannot evolve further, I should be able to do the opposite," Lee said, flexing his paws. His body started to deteriorate into black and red cubes, shifting and reforming into a... rather large Rockruff, with red eyes instead of blue.
Seb looked at the process with wide eyes. “Okay, I should’ve expected that, but that kinda works.”

Perhaps this was a good opportunity to get to know someone. Granted, he wasn’t so good at approaching older people who weren’t teachers or principals from the schools he went to, but it didn’t hurt to try opening up his horizons.

“Hope you don’t mind me asking, sir, but… What exactly are you?”

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"Sir..." Lee repeated, his face scrunching up a bit. "I might've de-aged too much, that almost feels like an insult."

He shook his head and looked up at Seb. "I've been told I look like Lycanroc. When I'm... not this," he said. "But naturally I'm just a wandering spirit made of aura. I can only transform because I was bound to a shapeshifter." Lee tilted his head to the side, humming quietly. "And fortunately for us, he isn't here."

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Lurosa gently sipped her tea. While everyone else had asked questions, introduced themselves, performed dares and confessed truths, she had quietly observed them, occasionally carrying on a discourse with Alioth, the odd typhlosion shaman who'd been her first encounter. She had answered a truth, she realised, but not completed a dare. And now that nobody was singing any longer... She placed her empty cup down on thin air, and it dissipated into particles of light. She took a breath. Lyrics filled her mind, bidden from an unfamiliar world.

"Go take this the wrong way
You knew who I was with every step that I ran to you
Only blue or black days
Electing strange perfections in any stranger I choose

Would things be easier if there was a right way?
Honey, there is no right way

So I fall in love just a little, oh, a little bit
Every day with someone new
I fall in love just a little, oh, a little bit
I fall in love just a little, oh, a little bit
I fall in lovе just a little, oh, a little bit
Every day with somеone new

There's an art to life's distractions
Somehow escape the burning wait, the art of scraping through
Some like to imagine
The dark caress of someone else, I guess any thrill will do"

"- Type:
Dare\n"
"- Responses: 5\n"

Navar

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
"Sounds cool."

Shiron beamed.

Dare: Transform. Or evolve, at the very least. Maybe if I can see the process in detail…
"Oh... I can try."

He considered something, watching a show through the window. There was a pose? Shiron extended his left arm to the side, clenched the fist in his right one, putting it closer to his stomach.

"Trans...form? Hm, I dunno. I like being a Marshtomp. Maybe just a little taller..."

His height increased a little. Not much, but enough for him to notice things looking slightly smaller.

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
"Trans...form? Hm, I dunno. I like being a Marshtomp. Maybe just a little taller..."

His height increased a little. Not much, but enough for him to notice things looking slightly smaller.
“Heh. That’s kinda funny, you know?” Seb said to Shiron. He adjusted his hat crest a few times. “Just why don’t you wanna be a Swampert, though?”

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"Maybe he likes being, what would Amber call it... fun sized?" Lee said, then chuckled right after. "I don't even know what that means."

UnknownUser55

Bug Catcher
Pronouns
He/him.

"Does this work?" he asked, his voice almost jarringly young, like some overly serious kid. "If all you wanted to do was research though I don't think I'm that good a subject. If the cubes weren't obvious enough, I'm a bit abnormal."

"I'm... I'm sorry, but what?" Eco stared skeptically at the transformation she had just witnessed before her. "This... this has to be a dream, right?"

Navar

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
"Uh... I dunno, got used to this. Being a Marshtomp is fun, and I'm strong. Not ready to change anything just yet..."

Shiron smiled. Overall, he was happier this way.

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
"Souls?" she asked, "Does that make me dead?"

A second question occurred to her, a way to test her train of thought: "And is it normal for us to end up-" She glanced down at her body. "-different?"
"Only as dead as I am," Alioth responded heartily. He paused for a second upon realized that his joke might not have landed. "And I don't believe I am dead," he added with a smile.

The second question made him stroke his flame-collar thoughtfully. "Ah, you're human, I presume. Where I come from, there are no humans, at least not in the flesh. Their spirits take whatever available form closest matches their true self. In an in-between space such as this, that wouldn't normally apply--none of us are truly here in the flesh, mm? But..." He gazed around at the numerous paths meeting at the crossroads. "Perhaps with so many paths, the rules of each world are muddied..." Or maybe it had something to do with the being watching them, learning from them, altering the world around them...

And with that, Arctozolt smacked their teacup with their tail, right towards Nova.
The clink of ceramic on stone prompted Alioth to glance over at--oh... The conjoined spirit of frost and lightning had smacked their cup into the chimera. Alioth gazed sadly at the small puddle of tea that had blossomed around it.

"Ah..." At least the visitors were enjoying themselves, but it was such a shame...

With a sigh, he refilled his kettle with water from the newly-created fountain and set about brewing some cinnamon and ginger.

kyeugh

you gotta feel your lines
Staff
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. farfetchd-galar
  2. gfetchd-kyeugh
  3. onion-san
  4. farfetchd
It wasn't the first time one of Prim's punches had changed the world.

She was still here and not home, so perhaps violence wasn't the answer, but... the damp stones and fragrant shrubbery were at least more bearable than the wasteland that had preceded, so it was an answer at least. Better than nothing, certainly.

"Hm." Prim turned her attention back to the other pokémon. How could they be so content to sit around in this place, chatting merrily, bending to its strange and arbitrary whims? Had they no desire to return home? Every hour was social hour for some people, she supposed. She'd never understand it.

Well, if the game demanded playing, then she supposed she would have to play. For someone like Prim, a dare was far easier than a truth. The catalogue of them was somehow starkly present in her mind, like a psychic stack of parchment—she flipped through the prompts, mulling them over, tapping her elfish foot impatiently.
"PROMPT_03:\n"
"- Type:
Dare\n"
"- Text: Stand upside down.\n"
"- Responses: 4\n"
What is this, playtime?

"- Type:
Dare\n"
In this body? Best not...

"PROMPT_11:\n"
"- Type:
Dare\n"
"- Text: Act like a dog.\n"
That one made her smile a little. She thought of Ferry sulking, tail swishing slowly at his ankles. It wasn't so hard to act like a dog, really, but somehow she wasn't confident her idea of such would appease the pillar.

"PROMPT_10:\n"
"- Type:
Dare\n"
"- Text: I dare you to go through with a battle with someone else here.\n"
Aha. Now that she could do. She surveyed the crowd, seeking an optimal match. She didn't want to pick on someone pathetic, but she wasn't looking to get clobbered, either. Not the marshtomp, that wasn't fair... Not the wolf either... That murkrow was far too puny... That charizard looked a bit too powerful...

At last her eyes landed on a kirlia, almost equal to her own form in size and probably power. She wasted no time approaching the delicate fairy. She came to a stop a couple feet away and cleared her throat conspicuously.

"Hope I'm not interrupting anything. Listen, I don't mean this in an aggressive way, but I just want to go home and it looks like I need to tussle with someone to make that happen. What do you say?"

@Shiny Phantump

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
"Uh... I dunno, got used to this. Being a Marshtomp is fun, and I'm strong. Not ready to change anything just yet..."

Shiron smiled. Overall, he was happier this way.
“I understand.” Seb looked away and crossed his arms over his chest, thinking aloud. “In my experience, Pokémon evolve after finding their resolve. I have a Pidgeot, Zack, who likes being a hero. He’s kinda matured after we went through some mystery-solving and world-saving shenanigans that I’d rather not go through again.”

Top Bottom