• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Truth or Dare Crossroads

UnknownUser55

Bug Catcher
Pronouns
He/him.
Zorua took a final sip of her tea as she acknowledged Eco's name. "Bellatrix is my name," she replied, "most would do well to remember it." She placed her, now empty, cup to the side taking in the atmosphere and environment. She greatly preferred it over the desert, it was closer to home, whatever 'home' was.

"Bellatrix..." Eco muttered. "Sounds... dignified, in a respectable way, of sorts."

The Pillar shifted at once to stark white, and a rolling fog expanded from its base, rippling across the earth. In its wake, great snowdrifts blossomed up as though being pushed clean through the ground. Frost glittered on the carved stone that had been the plaza, the water spray from the fountain crystallizing. Again, the idea of winter, but lacking the physicality of it. Mist formed from breath despite the apparent temperature remaining balmy.

Eco's mandibles clasped as snow began to pelt her. She flashed her eyes in protest of this weather shift. "I swear... these are much like the dungeons that I have to deal with, back home; the weather always changes so much. I should've brought a Weather Scarf or something for this."

"...And I'm not going to be asking for a Pokemon to... cuddle, with me, too."

“Oh, okay, guess I have time for another Truth. I just come from your average world with Pokémon and Trainers. We use these round capsule things called Poké Balls to catch and tame them and we send them out to battle. There’s even tournaments involving Pokémon battles, but I’m not really interested in that.” He turned his gaze towards Eco. “Pretty sure it’s way different from that guild stuff you mentioned, right?”

"...Pokemon in your world allow themselves to be 'captured'?" she stared at him.

Seren

Lurking
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. sableye
No one took her up on her food fight idea - well, the cold dragon looking thing did smack a teacup into someone else, but that was it. A shame, but at least a whole slew of other chaos had begun to spring up in exchange.

Lillia looked on with interest as the luxray and the espeon got friendly. She thought about trying it herself, but... well, better to not invade someone's personal space unless she was dared to directly. Even she had some boundaries.

Gabriel smiled at the Growlithe. "Hey there. What's your name?"

"Name's Lillia! What are- I mean, who are you?" She figured 'what are you?' would still probably be an acceptable question given their setting, but a name might be more polite.

And then the poke-human answered a dare (uninentionally, by the sound of him), and before her eyes, he morphed down to her height. Poor guy seemed somewhat harried by the change. Lillia didn't really blame him, but at the same time she would much rather be one or the other, not... stuck halfway in between. Maybe she could calm him down. "Very healthy looking slugma, you are! Is this your normal, uh, look?"

The Pillar shifted at once to stark white, and a rolling fog expanded from its base, rippling across the earth. In its wake, great snowdrifts blossomed up as though being pushed clean through the ground. Frost glittered on the carved stone that had been the plaza, the water spray from the fountain crystallizing. Again, the idea of winter, but lacking the physicality of it. Mist formed from breath despite the apparent temperature remaining balmy.

And just like that, the scene changed again. Lillia shivered despite the temperature not really changing. Just the idea of snow made her grumpy. She preferred warmer environments in general, and though she could tolerate the cold due to her kinship with her fire-types, she didn't like it much.

"Ugh, who asked for this?" she said aloud. "Too bright."

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Lee watched as the realm shifted again with a small, delighted smile along his muzzle. It was wondrous... but then he noticed the snow, and the chill...

Oh no.

A moment or so later, the Crimson Lycanroc's fur suddenly puffed up, almost comically so. He went from a tall, sleak, and lean wolf to a big, poofy plush. He tried not to make note of it, and hoped no one else would either.

Maybe those truths would be a good distraction.

Truth: What is your favorite food?

"I prefer any kind of meat," Lee muttered, crossing his arms and nodding. "Be it raw or cooked professionally." He looked at Seb and chuckled. "And I am rather fond of fried avian as well. It seems to be a popular fast food item, and I can see why."

Truth: What is your best friend's most prominent quality?

Lee huffed and scoffed. "There is not just one. He is a fool with a big heart. A giant softie who would rather help than hurt, even if it killed him," he said, then sighed. "It is hard to tell if I enjoy this time away from his tomfoolery, or miss him dearly."

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
"...Pokemon in your world allow themselves to be 'captured'?" she stared at him.
“Not at all,” Seb replied as he shook his head. “They will fight back and break free from the Poké Ball.”

When he noticed that the world changed into a cold tundra, he became worried.

“Huh? Snow?” He panicked, covering himself with his wings. “Oh no! I don’t like snow! I’m weak to ice! Someone give me a blanket! Oh, why did I have to be naked!? Help—Wait.” After a few seconds, he noticed he wasn’t feeling cold at all. “Why is it still warm?”

Partners
  1. suikaibuki
"Another trap for unwary souls..."

A man appearing to be in his late 20s simply walks into the plane from a rip in midair, dropping the rest of the way at about half the expected speed. With dark hair and brown eyes, he wore a plain red and white robe, looking sort of vaguely Eastern to the humans (former or otherwise). He had an indescribable, yet awe-inspiring air about him. Nothing like a human should have.

"Nice place. Some of them make you stand in line and kidnap you, but this one has tea and games," he remarked, before glancing at the crowd before him. "I even see a couple familiar faces here, in a sense of being here, anyway..." Then he peered at the pillar, giving it a mischievous chuckle.

Navar

Professional Mudkip Lover
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
Shiron rubbed his eyes, yawning a little. "That was a good nap... I don't even think sleeping on the ground is that bad."

Oh, and it was snowing, except not really? Neat. Well, now he missed his scarf even more, but that was okay.

"Lemme see... I can think of a cool prompt!"

Probably.
Dare: Give someone a hug!

canisaries

you should've known the price of evil
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. inkay-shirlee
  2. houndoom-elliot
  3. yamask-joanna
  4. shuppet
  5. deerling-andre
Andre's fur bristled at the change of his surroundings, but he relaxed when there was no cold to match. He wasn't comfortable for long, though, as two people admitted to eating meat. You don't know their world, he reminded himself. Their rules might be different, and they probably don't have access to lab meat.

MysteryDungeonlover1

Bug Catcher
Pronouns
she/her
"No... not like this..." NEO tells himself, having barely hung on. The Charizard still struggles to get up, but he eventually manages. His ability, Blaze, activates: NEO's eyes glow red, and his tail flame glows bright orange and grows to a massive size. His body also becomes surrounded by a fiery aura. He roars, looking around for Porygon.

Last edited:

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
Seb muttered another question for everyone. In all honesty, it kinda came out of nowhere without much prompting, but it was better than nothing, right?

Truth: Which do you prefer: two legs or four legs?

Maybe he should have added more context to that question…

lichhen

gay
Pronouns
he/they/ze
Partners
  1. metapod-shiny
The flash of flame glazes over Porygon's shaking eyes.

Porygon has been making their decisions based on fear. The fear they feel now - they've felt it for so long.

The lashing columns of flame leave glowing scars across Porygon's vision. Wrapped in fire. Wrapped in this body.

The fire's crackling screams fill the air. Porygon can't think.

They are a pokemon. They have to fight!

A crackle stirs inside Porygon, rising to match the flames outside. That familiar freezing heat in their heart. One of their greatest allies. Thunder.

The storm grows to expand beyond the small body of the porygon. Silver smog alight with lemon-green electrons, expanding to surround Porygon, NEO, and whoever happened to be within the diameter.

The sour-yellow clouds crashed together into cracks of lightning. Porygon closed their eyes and put everything they could into their power. They needed to show that they could fight.

MysteryDungeonlover1

Bug Catcher
Pronouns
she/her
Despite NEO's Blaze-induced state, it seems he still retains his common sense. "...no," he simply says. "I won't FIGHT you if I don't need to," he tells Porygon.

lichhen

gay
Pronouns
he/they/ze
Partners
  1. metapod-shiny
Porygon clenches their eyes, desperately bursting with electricity, which felt easier than words.

They insisted. Fight! I need to be better than this!

lichhen

gay
Pronouns
he/they/ze
Partners
  1. metapod-shiny
The flames overwhelm Porygon before they can compute. The storm around them diminishes.

Porygon is covered in a soft blanket of dark soot. They are in pain, but it feels comfortable here. Comfortable enough to rest.

They fall asleep.

When they wake up, they look warily up at NEO.

I... lost... Porygon thinks.

MysteryDungeonlover1

Bug Catcher
Pronouns
she/her
NEO picks up Porygon, trying to be careful with them. "Losing can help you learn," the Charizard tells them. Unfortunately, Blaze is still activated. Where's anything that can help heal the Charizard?

lichhen

gay
Pronouns
he/they/ze
Partners
  1. metapod-shiny
Porygon fell into the charizard's claws, feeling their energy coming back to them.

They noticed NEO's troubled blaze, and frantically started looking around for help.

For the first time, they generated a protect, uselessly, in their attempt to help NEO.

MysteryDungeonlover1

Bug Catcher
Pronouns
she/her
NEO calms down, the Blaze deactivating after the battle. "...woah. Does it... always do this?" the Charizard asks himself. "Anyone here know about Pokémon abilities?" he asks to no one in particular, hoping someone knows about what just happened.

lichhen

gay
Pronouns
he/they/ze
Partners
  1. metapod-shiny
Porygon was just as shocked as NEO. Could the charizard really generate so much flame at whim, and so suddenly?

Porygon wanted to protect the charizard from doing that again. They cast shimmering walls of electrons all around them, a gate of haphazard bricks jutting out of the snow.

Navar

Professional Mudkip Lover
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
Truth: Which do you prefer: two legs or four legs?
"C-Cool question."

Shiron thought about it. As a human, he was used to walking on two legs. As a Marshtomp, that was still the case. But when he evolved... Swampert could walk both ways.

"...T-Two legs. I'm used to it."

Top Bottom