• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Truth or Dare Crossroads

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
They shook in fear, wide eyes on Lee.

Lee flinched, taking a step back. "I did not..." he muttered, then was struck by the following bolt of lightning. He stood there for a moment as static danced over his fur, then shook his head, sighing. The aura he sent towards Porygon dispersed in cubic sparks. "My apologies, it was not my intention to startle you."

Even still, he made his way towards the pillar, giving the newly awoken Espurr a brief glance and a nod hello.

lichhen

gay
Pronouns
he/they/ze
Partners
  1. metapod-shiny
Porygon took Lee's movement as an affront. The other was gaining distance before Porygon could even compute. Porygon cast sunny day in a desperate attempt to move more quickly.

But they just... couldn't.

Their wheels were unweildy and only moved in two directions. Their joints hurt to stretch. Skin possessed them like stone.

They stopped, their eyes shut tight, breathing hard. Then their head rose, and they looked up towards the sky, the Pillar reflecting light on their polestar eyes.

Then they started going again, tearing their wheels from bursts of wildflower and plowing forth, appreciating the pain that reminded them that they and this body were, in some way, the same.

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Lee stopped before reaching the pillar, not getting anywhere near the Porygon. He just had a feeling it didn't exactly want him around... and not wanting to frighten it more, that probably meant he should sit out the race. The wolf sighed, planting himself on the ground and, at least for a moment, basking in the sunny day Porygon set up.

lichhen

gay
Pronouns
he/they/ze
Partners
  1. metapod-shiny
Porygon noticed Lee, just giving up?!

No! No!

Porygon shot some more sparks at Lee. Don't give up!

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"...Ow," Lee said flatly, staring at Porygon and tilting his head. That didn't feel like an attack out of panic... the duck only struck after Lee decided sit away from it.

"You still... want me to partake in the race?" he asked.

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
What an odd creature.

"I suppose I will then," Lee said, then made his way over to the pillar as well. He looked it over, still unsure of what it truly was, but figured he could find that out later. The race was more immediately important.

lichhen

gay
Pronouns
he/they/ze
Partners
  1. metapod-shiny
Porygon continued going along slowly. They gazed up at NEO.

"Prrr-eeeee..." Porygon purred in awe.

lichhen

gay
Pronouns
he/they/ze
Partners
  1. metapod-shiny
Porygon wondered what would help them go even faster.

They tried calling on another sunny day!

UnknownUser55

Bug Catcher
Pronouns
He/him.
Eco was relieved as the attention on her had shifted to the others, prompting the Vikavolt to relax by settling down into a comfortable position. The chaos perhaps was what was the only preventing her from falling into a slumber, if this wasn't one in the first place. "I suppose if we're all making fools of ourselves, then..."

Dare: Do an impression of another Pokemon present in this place.

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
Dare: Do an impression of another Pokemon present in this place.
Seb’s beak twisted into a strange smirk after hearing those words. He had previously imitated other voices he heard throughout his life, mostly ones from fictional characters and celebrities on TV. This had to be easy, especially thanks to his flexible vocal cords. Being a Murkrow most likely would help him with that, since he encountered birds who could imitate human speech, such as Chatot.

After clearing his throat, he went ahead and spoke in a near-perfect impression of Lee.

Son, you really wanna know why I have this power? Oh, I think you’re better off not knowing.

He chuckled softly, becoming embarrassed.

“At least that’s something I imagine you’d say, sir.”

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
After clearing his throat, he went ahead and spoke in a near-perfect impression of Lee.

Son, you really wanna know why I have this power? Oh, I think you’re better off not knowing.

He chuckled softly, becoming embarrassed.

Lee leaned against the pillar, giving Seb an impressed looked. "Wow, if I had any siblings, I would have assumed you were one of them," he chuckled.

Come to think of it... he realized he might've said that exact line more than once. At least twice.

lichhen

gay
Pronouns
he/they/ze
Partners
  1. metapod-shiny
So close to the projected sky, it looked suffocatingly blue, like they were in the thick of the ocean.

Wind buffeted Porygon's exposed face. The claws that held them were firm, yet Porygon felt absolutely terrified. Horrified. Thrilled.

They could forget everything else, and do this for the rest of eternity. Just stay here, experiencing the ecstacy of flight forever, with the Pillar...

No. No, something was wrong.

They were panicking. They were dying. The ground was too far, and in the next moment, Porygon would be dead on it.

Porygon felt their body twitching uncontrollably. They gave into the pull, shutting their eyes tight as they released the strongest blow of lightning they had ever felt.

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
“Really?” Seb’s face became red once more, his embarrassment becoming more evident. “Uh… I don’t really know what to say about that. I mean, should I say thanks? It’s just that I’ve done this before.”

Inkedust

Harbinger of Sunrise
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. ninetales-inkedust
  2. solgaleo-inkedust
  3. xerneas
  4. zoroark-inkedust
Thankfully, Zorua's words again made her attention shift away from the current topic, the Vikavolt excusing herself before she turned with an accepting nod. "I suppose, then." Eco shrugged. "Also, don't believe I caught your name, yet. I'm Vikavolt Eco."
Zorua took a final sip of her tea as she acknowledged Eco's name. "Bellatrix is my name," she replied, "most would do well to remember it." She placed her, now empty, cup to the side taking in the atmosphere and environment. She greatly preferred it over the desert, it was closer to home, whatever 'home' was.

"Oh, this is all very interesting. Maybe someday I'll get to visit one of these pokemon-populated worlds."
"If only I could've ended up with a more fitting body," sighed Andre. "A smeargle, perhaps, as I am an artist. Though I would have been fine with anything that had hands."
"Tell us about it..." Arctozolt grumbled, looking down at themselves.
That piqued Bellatrix's interest enough to break her out of her trance. "Rather difficult to adapt, isn't it?" she asked the deerling and whatever the other thing was. She was unsettled by it but she had to at least keep up appearances for now.

"Tell me, what cruel god's joke did you end up on the receiving end of?" she asked the stitched-together creature. "You don't end up looking like that without upsetting some kind of higher power."

What is the thing you desire the most?
As Bellatrix watched the others partake in a few Dares (it seemed that most of the troublemakers were too preoccupied by her race, thank the gods) this Truth almost slipped under her radar. It was simple enough, she may as well answer to keep the game moving along.

"To regain my memories and learn what was responsible for my entire current circumstance before coming here. Once I do..." Her tail lashed. "I will give them a piece of mind before making them pay," she added with gritted teeth.

Top Bottom