• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[TOWN WINS] Third Anniversary Fanfic Mafia - Game Thread

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
[[Going off historical knowledge of the TR meta, Strongman is an inherited role if they die first/early since it is literally the Mafia's Factional Kill in Role Madness. Removing the Strongman, even when used, is likely to diminish Mafia's power because they'll have less to do at night due to one of their previous roles being removed from play. Giving Mafia one more night at full power will do nothing but detriment Town even further.

Now, I don't know if that applies to this game, but I don't see much of a reason why the same wouldn't be true here.]]
[[Oh, right. The factional kill is passed down.
Yeah that's a good point.

Alright. Took a moment to reconsider and lynching someone else tonight and having the vigs shoot each other vs lynching a vig tonight and having the having the other vig shoot someone else aren't that different besdes that. So I've been pushing a pretty bad plan.
Vote: Bench
Vote: Virgil

We'll be going into -Lo tomorrow if Virgil flips town or if Tetra shoots town, but I think there's enough people who are seen as solidly town that even if Mafia takes one of them out it'll be possible to sort out scum from whoever tomorrow's pool is if its Tetra shooting town, and if its Virgil flipping town we just kill Tetra. Not sure where we'd go after shooting Tetra but I think we'd be able to sort it out.]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[My biggest worry tbh is what happens if we somehow do have two vigs but kichiro still seems a little scummy based on all the others points presents.

But if I end up picking wrong (and for the sake of secrecy and town and scum not knowing, I musn't say who I'll chose) it might be bad

Uhm lets see

Kichiro scum:
well thats maybe 1 scum dead, 3 scum left and 7 town, right?

So even if I'm wrong.... 6/3 left? is that math right?]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[I guess it depends on who seems sus if kichiro flips scum]]]

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
[[I seriously doubt mafia has another strongman shot and planning out the vigs shooting each other in the night instead of just voting one of them is bonkers when the mafia probably has swapping (kind of side-eyeing DW for this).

I say we just vote out Kichiro. I kind of doubt Tetra would've made this counterclaim if she is mafia so if he does flip town I'd probably pause before going straight for Tetra, but nonetheless, having her claim there is info for later. I'm going to sleep, probably won't be back before EoD.]]

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
[[ Hi. Somehow I'm not dead and the day is still going. Heading out soon to see the new Doctor Strange movie with my dad (you know, because it was supposed to be night today), so I'll try to keep it as brief as I can.

Tetra's claim to also be a Vigilante is making me side eye, since it seems strange to me that there's two Vigilantes. I suppose it's not impossible though, the Grand Opening had two Doctors, and having one shot version that can't be stopped and a normal even/odd night version adds in some sort of balance. Eh, guess I'll assume she's speaking the truth for now for the sake of argument.

Anyway, I'm open to proving my innocence in any way that the rest of you see fit. Me declaring a target in advance and Bench protecting that target seems like a good way to do it. Hell, have DW redirect my action for good measure. If there's a Doctor among us, maybe that person can also protect the target. The Mafia used Strongman last night, so there's no way for me to kill that target if I'm with them. If the intended target dies, then it means I spoke the truth about my role and I'm innocent. If nobody, Bench, or someone DW redirected me to dies, then clearly I really am Mafia.

If you guys want Tetra to target me as well, then I'm also fine with that. It didn't sound like she had any other targets in mind to kill, so either she's taking me out on N3, choosing someone with uncertainty, or let her N3 kill go to waste. If I'm really mafia then there wouldn't really be a net loss for Town by going this route. Town gets two kills either way, except now we can discuss who the one besides me will be instead of having Tetra make a decision on her own. I kinda expected to have already gotten lynched several hours ago, so I'm not really bothered about getting eliminated tonight.

I'm against targeting Tetra myself, since the idea of letting both potential vigilantes kill each other does seem pretty stupid. If Tetra's speaking the truth then it means she can kill again later in the game, so taking her out means losing a valuable role. Mine's gonna be spent after tonight anyway. ]]

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
If a Mafia Role-Cop found out that you were a vig, they would've just shot you instead of trying to mislynch you. Mafia always go for their biggest threats. A Vig is high on that priority listing. Yes, Wind claimed Watcher which is a pretty big deal, but I get the impression that Mafia would rather try making you go quietly rather than risking one of their members for elimination on your flip.

[[ Oh and to respond to this nonsense: if you discovered my role on N1 then N2 would have been the first opportunity for you and your buddies to eliminate me. Getting me lynched on D1 would have been your only way to prevent a potential N2 kill for me, so of course you went for it. With Wind claiming her role however, you now had both her and me as a threat to worry about once we got to N2. The only difference between me and Wind is that everyone was already convinced that she’s Town, whereas you already started a bandwagon on me that several people seemed interested in joining. Not to mention killing Wind would prevent her from telling what she saw the next day, whereas my potential N2 kill would have gone through regardless. I think you made the decision to eliminate Wind because you thought there was a chance you could mislynch me today, meaning you would have taken both of us out before the next night. ]]

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
[[ You know what, if I get a chance to prove my innocence tonight I am targetting Inke. Kinda sick of this ploy of hers that nobody is seeing but me. If I’m lying and she’s innocent, she won’t get killed anyway, so I doubt anyone will object to this. ]]

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
[[Alright, awake and feeling a fair bit mentally better.

I really, really do not trust Kichiro. This reeks of a trap. I'm near certain they're the mafia strongman. Plus, shooting an innocent person for no reason just to prove that you're innocent sounds like an awful idea.

I think Tetra's plan sounds like a good idea. Vote off Kichiro, then have Burhalla protect Tetra.]]

[[Vote: Kichiro]]

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
I believe without question (uh, almost without question) that kichiro is... guilty.

Why? The same reason I kept talking about Karo being someone who can only act on certain nights.
My power is called Big Jaws, aka biting people at night, aka even/odd night vigilante. Starting with Night 1, I can kill one target on odd nights. Night 1, 3 ,5 etc. Obviously Night 1 I didn't use it because I felt so null on everyone I didn't want to risk killing someone on town. But with Kichiro trying to claim to be a vig this is why I had to step forwards. I feel like me saying this can really give town more information rather than less, even if it means risking my life.
[[Oh my god this makes so much sense, the even odd night thing you brought up with Karo. Would make even more sense if Karo's nights were even (to be opposite your odd). A SK/Vig even/odd night pair??

In any case, this makes me believe Tetra over Virgil. It makes more sense (and the fact that Tetra did bring the even/odd night stuff up before and no one else did solidifies her claim for me.)

What are the odds that there's two vigilantes? Kichiro's claim feels weird for all the reasons outlined by others already. Of course, we do have three mailmen.
Probably slim? The mailmen thing lol I have no idea why we have *three*. Two would be sufficient to act as swap checks, which maybe is their purpose?

Strong shot town!Vig is powerful, but I'm not sure why it would exist? Free and HelloJackie mentioned this before too, but the game has been quiet. With all the mail flying around we should have seen some kind of interferences at this point. Unless scum has some kind of protection power, not sure why the Vig would need to be Strong. (Unless oh no there's a scum Absorber? Virgil did pose that as a theory earlier in the game. Unless that's because he's actually the Absorber??)

I'm beginning to worry a bit now but I am confident in Tetra's claim. If there are two Vig, and we lynch one, that's still fine right? The fear before was losing our only Vig shot, but now that's not the case.

Vote: Virgil
]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[Okay I am awake for a bit

Virgils response has me sus. I may be wrong but this feels like the kind of response where Virgil is trying to get an excuse to survive one more night.

It feels like a mafia ploy because they have some kind of plan and want kichiro alive for that, hence not claiming doc or cop, but something seemingly still important to town. Not enough to take all sus off them but just enough to prolong the situation by eagerly offering to prove themselves.

Granted, maybe I'll end up wrong because this is some kind of crazy two big setup but my vote stays.

I will have to be taking a close look at how the reveals shook out today though, to see if I can figure out the other scum

IF I forget or don't post between now and EoD, good luck y'all]]

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
I seriously doubt mafia has another strongman shot and planning out the vigs shooting each other in the night instead of just voting one of them is bonkers when the mafia probably has swapping (kind of side-eyeing DW for this).
[[Alright, yeah. I already admitted that that was pretty poorly thought out.]]

[[Virgil's immediate assumption coming in is that there are really two real vigilantes, rather than voting his counterclaim. While I guess it's not 100% impossible, for there to be two vigs (heck, I just recently played a game smaller than this where that was the case-- but it was an incredibly high powered role madness, which I think is contrary to this game), I don't think there's a significant chance of it at all. To me it instead suggests he doesn't want to be implicated if he can get Tetra to flip first, or that he doesn't want Tetra to flip at all and implicate him in other people's minds.

This makes me feel a lot more confident in today's kill.]]

NeoLurosa

Junior Trainer
Pronouns
J:they/them HY:she
[[Ah, shit. Yellow was offline before I slept and had to crash before I woke up, then I fell asleep for a nap before all these goddamn posts showed up and woke up just now. Whatever. Flash decision time.

My gut says to trust Tetra over Virgil. Fingers crossed. Still voting Kichiro.]]

Lurosa sighed, gem flickering. "Very well, sweet Voice. We shall hold fast."

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[I do want to post some reads and thoughts, quick and dirty version:

DW seemed a bit 'huh', but not in a scummy way. Their actions, especially the earlier swap, feel a little weird in some ways, but mostly in a 'town doing things' sort of way.

Free... free is hard. I think I trust them more than I did yesterday, not 100% but they seem genuine and their reply to being pressed seemed genuine.

Chbi.... well on one hand! I was right about chibi. I did say that my reason for now trusting chibi earlier in the day was that they felt like they had an agenda. Which according to their post later in the day, they did! Supposedly it just wasn't a scum agenda, it was a town one. Its possible the plan was an elaborate hoax to claim why they acted how they did, but its also possible they're not lying. Leaning more towny here tho, for now.

NeoLurosa's posts have felt free of deception, manipulations, or hidden agendas. They seemed genuinely interested in trying to help town. Ofc they could somehow be crazy good stealth scum? Seems unlikely.

Abra: Guh Idk. Completely inactive. Feeling a little weirded out in a bad way by this level of inactivivity, but then I also feel like... they're just a towny new to how to play. Kinda null here too, oops

Bench: I am inclined to trust Bench. Reviewing their whole playstyle, I feel decently okay that they're town, especially with how some of their gambits were done.

Inke... well it seems unlikely inke could be scumbuddies with virgil, unless there's some tasty impressive scum theatre happening.

Pano is... I haven't had time to properly review so I got nothing tbh

Starlight seems genuine enough about the mailman debacle and how they handled is that I feel like they were were just town who hoped their role had good utility.]]

NeoLurosa

Junior Trainer
Pronouns
[[Wish I was dead certain of a good Vig target, Tetra, but I'm not. Godspeed.]]

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
[[By the way, in case I die, don’t clear Tetra either if Kichiro dies; I can theoretically see them setting this up as mafia buddies to get her cred? More than mafia!Tetra counterclaiming town!Virgil at any rate]]

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
[[i.e. after Kichiro was more or less a lost cause]]

NeoLurosa

Junior Trainer
Pronouns
[[One minute left is not sufficient time for a new readlist, but Chibi is now Townlock for me, and the more I disagree with DW's takes, the more sure I am that she's Town.]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit