• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[TOWN WINS] Third Anniversary Fanfic Mafia - Game Thread

NeoLurosa

Junior Trainer
Pronouns
J:they/them HY:she
[[Cool. Extension works for me. I'm gonna get some sleep soon, most likely.]]

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
[[This is incredibly galaxy-brained and I don't think it's likely, but I'd be remiss if I didn't ponder the universe where the mafia rolecopped and shot Namo, in order to use his role as a fakeclaim later. It's completely wild, but I had to say it to get it out of my head.]]
[[They wouldn't get a result in time to do this on N0]]

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
[[I guess I will Vote: DawningWinds for the extension but personally I'm just not really buying Virgil's claim. Which, sure, I also didn't buy Sind's claim and look where that got me, but like, anyone can make a fakeclaim when they're on the chopping block.]]

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
[[Regarding the risk of counterclaims:

- Sometimes a claim is risky but when either you die or you claim, it's better to go for the chance that it doesn't get counterclaimed
- If it does get counterclaimed, at least you've used your time to draw out a power role
- And also hey, there'd be no point needing the vig to have strongman unless the mafia had some kind of protection against regular vig going on, so if a vig counterclaimed Virgil could always argue maybe the game has both]]

Negrek

Windswept Questant
Staff
DawningWinds has the most votes. As there were no votes on DawningWinds as of one hour ago, Day Three will be extended for twelve hours. Day Three now ends at noon May 8th UTC/8 AM May 7th EST.

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
[[I should mention I don't think I feel great about how Bench's claim shook out. It's not like, glaring, but something feels kind of ad hoc about it?]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[OH GOSH I HAVE THINGS TO SAY BUT NO TIME TO TYPE

THANK GOODNESS FOR EXTENSION

Vote: kichiro]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[okay I am still busy but uh.

I'm going to try to type up a post pls be patient]]

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
[[Vote: Kichiro again.]]

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
[[List of claims so far of the top of my head:
Sinderella (Dorien Bonhomme) - Mailman
windskull (Muse) - Modified watcher
AbraPunk (Antares) - Unknown
Inkedust (Altair) - Unknown, something related to Namo?
Virgil134 (Kichiro) - Strongman Vig
IFBench (Burhalla) - Bodyguard; Protected Pano nights 0-1, NeoLurosa night 2
Sike Saner (Ekunasic Karo) - 3p of some sort
Starlight Aurate (Archie) - Mailman
Panoramic_Vacuum (Steven Stone) - Unknwon
DawningWinds (Nefari) - Redirective JoaT; Switched NeoLurosa and windskull N1, idled nights 0 and 2
HelloYellow17/unrepentantAuthor (Lurosa/Neo) - Unknown
Namohysip (Qitlan) - Unknown
Chibi Pika (Jet) - Cop?
Flyg0n (Rascal) - Unknown
Dragonfree (May Victoria Wallace) - Unknown

For now I'm gonna put my vote back on Bench but that could change as the massclaim plays out.
Unvote: DawningWinds
Vote: IFBench

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
force a player to target me.)
[[Was just checking my role PM and realized I misread this previously-- I can force actions targetting a player of my choice to target me. This is relevant to my next point.

I still think voting Virgil is extremely nonpreferable. He has an extremely provable role, and if we were to have him claim the person he's targetting, I could also target that person with Thief and take all the other actions. Since he's not redirectable presumably and the Mafia have already used their strongman, if the Mafia attempt to shoot the same person as Virgil to disguise the double kill, they'll just get redirected to me. If he's lying about his role and Mafia tries to shoot they're advised person to try and 'prove' his role anyway, they'll just get redirected to me. Again, Mafia's strongman is probably already used so they can't just go through me.
In other words, we can actually prove this with just one death. The only issue here is Mafia roleblocking me, but with Chibi being a cop who I will bet is proc'd tonight especially after windskull going down, they won't do that because they don't want to risk someone getting outed by that now do they?

I really don't want to lynch a proveable role like this.]]

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
[[They wouldn't get a result in time to do this on N0]]
jet-think2.png
"But they wouldn't really need to know what power the Inteleon had if they'd already decided to kill him and pretend they had his power later, right?"

[[I know they couldn't use the rolecop result to decide who to kill, but I was mostly musing on if they'd committed to killing and rolecopping the same person N0, regardless of the subsequent result. Obviously there's no guarantee they'd get a good fakeclaim though, so it would be a pretty risky gambit. Imagine if Namo had been a mailman lol.]]

[[The more I think about it, the more I'm liking Dragonfree's reasoning. I don't think a mass claim right now would give us much setup info relevant to Kichiro specifically. (I mean, if a Vig was gonna counterclaim, they'd probably have already done it...) Sure, it'll help us figure out wtf to do with everyone else, but... I don't know if that's worth giving Mafia a clean target tonight? Mostly the extension was nice to have time to stop and think about everything without EoD panic happening while I was at class.]]

jet-grump1.png
"Are you kidding me? All that fuss and you're just goin' right back to voting the Ledian?"

Vote: Kichiro

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
In other words, we can actually prove this with just one death. The only issue here is Mafia roleblocking me, but with Chibi being a cop who I will bet is proc'd tonight especially after windskull going down, they won't do that because they don't want to risk someone getting outed by that now do they?
jet-think2.png
Jet tilted her head. "How's it one death if you die and also Kichiro's target dies? And what if we vote out the wrong guy on top of it?"

[[There's 11 of us. If we mislynch, and Virgil's shot hits town, couldn't we just... insta-lose?]]

Inkedust

Harbinger of Sunrise
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. ninetales-inkedust
  2. solgaleo-inkedust
  3. xerneas
  4. zoroark-inkedust
[[Back, so what's the consensus on the mass claim? Are we going to do it or not? I agree that trying to prove Virgil's claim comes with the risk of putting the game into Elo. Not exactly a risk I am willing to take.

Also when did Chibi state that they were a Cop?
Vote: Kichiro]]

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
Jet tilted her head. "How's it one death if you die and also Kichiro's target dies? And what if we vote out the wrong guy on top of it?"

[[There's 11 of us. If we mislynch, and Virgil's shot hits town, couldn't we just... insta-lose?]]
[[The point of the one death was in reference to something I thought I included along the lines of "even if the Mafia kill gets stopped, we still know it was Kichiro's shot with one death because the Mafia couldn't have gone through my redirect.

As for the player count thing. I don't think there'll be five Mafia and an independent. There's probably only four Mafia.
So.
7:4
Mislynch 6:4
Kichiro shoots town and Mafia also shoots town. 4:4
Welp. I've been keeping great track.
That kinda fucks up my plan a little doesn't it.
Okay so losing overnight would definitely be extremely nonpreferable.
Hm.
Maybe we hinge this plan on today's lynch? Kichiro shoots his claimed target only if we successfully hit Mafia? Of course then we risk getting stuck with an unproven vig in -Lo and probably no safe opportunity to prove his role.
We could also do the vote-for-the-target thing. In this case we'd probably lose if the voted-for person is town either way, we just lose earlier with Kichiro shooting them. Which not great but, at least we would collectively agree to the loss?]]

Also when did Chibi state that they were a Cop?
[[They implied it pretty heavily before I think? With the "Shame I'm not a cop thing. Or am I?" and the reads they refused to elaborate on. Never outright stated but implied enough that I'm willing to take it as a near-claim and it's obvious enough that I assumed people wouldn't have missed it so I wasn't risking outing them to the Mafia.]]

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
[[They implied it pretty heavily before I think? With the "Shame I'm not a cop thing. Or am I?" and the reads they refused to elaborate on. Never outright stated but implied enough that I'm willing to take it as a near-claim and it's obvious enough that I assumed people wouldn't have missed it so I wasn't risking outing them to the Mafia.]]
[[I think that was all part of the "I know things" act that had been frustrating me so much. I can't claim to be good at reading Chibi's hints, but I doubt they'd be so transparent about such a hint after being so cagey about it the rest of the time. That, and the reasoning for some of their reads on players came from confirmation of activity through other means (the messages, or other hints). I don't think a Cop would need to rely on that for any reads.]]

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
[[I think that was all part of the "I know things" act that had been frustrating me so much. I can't claim to be good at reading Chibi's hints, but I doubt they'd be so transparent about such a hint after being so cagey about it the rest of the time. That, and the reasoning for some of their reads on players came from confirmation of activity through other means (the messages, or other hints). I don't think a Cop would need to rely on that for any reads.]]
[[Cop still needs to form reads-- only having reads on the people they check isn't nearly enough to solve the game. Saying cop wouldn't use stuff going on in the thread to solve stuff is absurd. A cop would have like, three total reads by this point if that were the case, and by the lack of outed red checks from Chibi or anyone else, I'd guess those three reads would all be town.
I don't think the "I know things" act came off as entirely faked, especially since I don't feel like it went away entirely immediately upon the explanation. Maybe their method of handling it was exaggeratedly scummy, but I do think there was some truth to them knowing stuff.]]

Top Bottom