• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[TOWN WINS] Third Anniversary Fanfic Mafia - Game Thread

NeoLurosa

Junior Trainer
Pronouns
J:they/them HY:she
[[Hi hi! Yellow here! I might not be extremely available today but I’ll try to pop in here and there.

I caught up on the thread and hhhh I really feel for Sind, I’m so sorry friend. What I’m seeing is that there’s a whole list of people that others find sus (primarily Abra, Bench and Kichiro) and Town can’t seem to agree on who should be priority to vote for. We really need to fix this and come together on who we feel is most threatening so that we can have a common consensus and avoid repeating the same chaos like we just had at the previous EoD. Scum thrive on this confusion and chaos; to combat it, we need to be unified and organized!

Currently I am not opposed to voting Virgil, Bench or Abra. However, one player has been extremely low-key and I would like to direct everyone’s attention to them: Free.

Free has been extremely low-key this game. After reading through all of her posts, she has rarely contributed to scum-hunting other than tunneling on Sind, which she has been doing since D1. Otherwise, her posts are speculation on gameplay mechanics, such as explaining Parrot and Absorber, the mailman 3P theory, and only two read lists. In the latest read list, she placed both Abra and Bench as soft town, despite not having too much of a reason to do so. (Sure, “typical play style” was quoted as a reason but at this rate neither Abra nor Bench have said much of anything at all; we are on D3 now, it’s time to start chiming in more.)

I can realistically see a scumteam with Free and either Abra or (but likely not both) Bench, with Free advising them to stay quiet.

Not a single person has really questioned Free much, aside from maybe the first day, and since then she’s flown very under the radar. I’m not saying she IS scum, but please remember that this is far from the first game that she has played stealth-town for the majority of the time. I’d really like people to at least take a closer look at her posts and to come up with some theories of their own.

That said, I’m still most willing to vote Bench today. Bench is a person who is extremely dedicated to his RP flavor, and as Burhalla, he will want to try to remain as truthful as possible. I can see a situation where he is the scumteam Strongman and tried to softclaim in a way that made him appear to be Town.]]

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
[[I really don't know what to tell you. I legitimately don't have anything to add. I want to, I really want to, but there's just nothing I can say that hasn't been said already, outside of straight-up revealing my role.]]

"Can you stop hiding it, then?" Burhalla asked. "I've thought long and hard about it, and I don't think it makes a difference if it's revealed now or not. The truth deserves to be known."

[[I don't know.]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[I'm not opposed to taking a good look at free instead. I have NeoLurosa as softtown atm, and yellow makes a good point, and highlights a fear in the back of my mind about Free.

I feel like the early swiftness to talk about messages made me sort of overlook her at first, but talking about a mailman message guarantees very little.

I also remember her stealth scum play in that one game, where I had a bit of early sus but never elaborated on, and this does seem a bit similar.]]

NeoLurosa

Junior Trainer
Pronouns
You didn't draw attention to the watcher/tracker being able to prove it...
[[It was past midnight and I slept like 3.5hrs the previous night and there were like three pages of posts in an hour as I was already in bed. Also I try not to draw much attention to town power roles in case it gets someone killed. Figured Wind was at risk after revealing, all the same.]]

[[Hi. I'm tired as fuck, will try for an early night and be well-rested for scumhunting tomorrow. Haven't had the time and energy to do high effort ISOs on everyone or anything, but I'm willing to throw out a vote for Free to sit overnight and make some actual progress, on the basis that her scumplay generally involves doubling down on correcting mechanical misinfo, which comprises most of what I can recall from her posts.]]

[[We've abstained and miseliminated, y'all. Come on, let's get a move on.]]

Vote May Victoria Wallace

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
[[Can you quote where you hinted at your suspicions of Dorien specifically being a mailman? I don't think I picked up on that at all.]]
jet-bored1.png
"No can do. It's somethin' only Dorien woulda known."

What I’m seeing is that there’s a whole list of people that others find sus (primarily Abra, Bench and Kichiro) and Town can’t seem to agree on who should be priority to vote for.
jet-shout.png
"Hey, what about me?! I'm suspicious too!"

[[Jet, I'm pretty sure she already knows you're innocent...]]

jet-think2.png
Jet seemed impatient. "Hey hey, there's somethin' I'm tryna do here but I can't do it til everyone says what they think about the voting yesterday. And I still ain't heard nothin' from Ledian or the blue-hair girl."

@Dragonfree @Virgil134

Attachments

• jet-grump2.png
    jet-grump2.png
    6.5 KB · Views: 1

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
[[ Alright, let's see here...

AbraPunk: Sus - Abra was pretty active at first, but as soon as the roles were distributed he became a lot less active and got overall pretty quiet. Strikes me as odd, since there seems to be no real reason for it. Abra hasn't contributed much, making it hard to really analyze anything. I mean, be honest, if Abra was Mafia, how would you be able to tell? Aside from the weird Mudsdale thing there's not a lot to go on.

Chibi Pika: Neutral - I see some people are currently starting to suspect Chibi, but I can't say I'm really getting scum vibes myself here. It's hard to explain, but it looks to me like Chibi's just theorizing and trying to figure out who is mafia just like in the Grand Opening mafia. Chibi was Town there, so if the playstyle is similar, I don't have a reason to suspect scum at this point in time. Chibi may have started a bandwagon on Sind, but I think that was justified since Sind did act pretty strange. I would have put Chibi as "Likely Town", but there's something that someone else did that's making me a little hesitant. I'll get to that later.

DawningWinds: Likely Town - Her role claim seems to check out, and it seems unlikely that it's something someone from the Mafia would have. I know I theorized that she might have been lying about her role claim, but I was just trying to consider all options. Yes, I understand now that after a few people, including DW herself, have responded to it that that theory is pretty out there and quite unlikely.

Dragonfree: Neutral - She seems to be playing more reserved here than in the Grand Opening Mafia, but she was actually Mafia there, so perhaps the shift in playstyle could be an indication that she has a different alignment this time. I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt because of that, even if part of me still wonders if she's an Absorber, especially since Starlight turned out to be a Mailman like I predicted. If that's the case... then this may be worth another look. I'll need to see more of her today to cast a better judgment and put her in the "Potentially Town" category.

Flyg0n: Neutral - She hasn't been super active, but also not as quiet and inactive as Abra. Between being sick and organizing another campaign, I think her reasons for this are pretty justified. I feel like she'd play this way even if she's Town. Doesn't preclude Tetra from Mafia of course, but I haven't seen anything "scummy" when looking at her posts. At the same time I haven't seen her do anything that makes her more likely to be Town than anyone else, so "Neutral" it is.

IFBench: Sus - Same deal as Abra honestly. Also he made that weird, unprompted soft claim during D2 that definitely raised some alarm bells for me. Given that his ability is supposedly a One Shot I genuinely wonder if he's the Strongman that eliminated Wind last night.

Inkedust: Potentially sus - Inke's been the most suspicious of me out of anyone, but also for reasons that aren't true. My Absorber theory was something new, and so was me pointing out that Starlight was likely one of the Mailman, which I did before Wind made her post. Yet Inke just ignores that and claims that I'm only parroting others. The fact that she's this hyper focused on me makes me suspicious of her, especially since she doesn't really seem to care when Bench or Abra actually do it. On the other hand, she also ignored Sind, who turned out to be Innocent, so I could be wrong about Inke.

NeoLurosa: Sus - Okay, so I've seen several people claim that these are two are likely Town, but... I just don't see it? They revealed to have gotten a message, but that's kinda it. Yeah the message helped reveal that Wind and DW are Town, but Jackie and Yellow didn't really contribute much to that. Telling the truth about the message wouldn't really have hurt the Mafia anyway, so it only makes sense that they did that. Doesn't say anything about their alignment.

At the same time, these two have been giving me scumvibes. Based off what I know from Jackie, she seems like the type who when rolled Mafia, would try to make as much of a presence as possible which... honestly tracks with what I've seen so far this game. They've been very vocal while pointing at others aggressively, yet at the same time seemingly trying to take the lead as much as possible with minimal contributions. To me it feels like a technique to try and redirect others' attention away from themselves. Not a bad one, since instead of hoping that the others won't focus their attention you, you instead actively put the focus on other players and force them to defend themselves. That way the focus stays away from you, and even if the accused player does try to strike back, it will likely look like an "No u" argument and come across as weaker. I'm not falling for it though.

Panoramic_Vacuum: Neutral - I... honestly don't have much to say about Pano. She's made solid posts I suppose, but nothing about them really stand out to me. Whether that's in a good way or a bad way. I don't have a reason to suspect her, but I don't have a reason to think she's Town either.

Starlight Aurate: Potentially sus -If there really are three Mailman, it just makes sense to me that there's at least one Mafia Mailman. It just feels very weird to me that this role is distributed two/three times to the same faction. For now I'm leaning towards the theory that Town and Mafia both have a Mailman, with the last being third party. With Sind being Town, this means Starlight is either Mafia or Third Party.

And that's my readings. Not exactly a short list and I'm sorry if that is throwing people off. No "smoke and mirrors" here, this is just how my analysis and theory posts are like. Brevity simply isn't my strong suit, I mean, have you looked at Fledglings and Casting Off? ^^;

To get things moving as soon as possible, might I suggest we choose a new person to place a wagon on? Earlier this time, so that we aren't pressed for time as we were yesterday?"

Eh... fuck it. I'll throw my own hat into the ring.

Vote: NeoLurosa

See above for my reasoning. Though if you need more, one of your most recent posts honestly made me scratch my head a little:

I do not wish to start a wagon on Jet. I have at least one private reason, albeit a small one, to believe that she and her Voice are aligned with Town. Additionally, Jet's play has been compared to that of Ajia in 'Role Overdrive', but I actually think it's far more similar to that of Ebony, in 'Vanilla Mafia', and her Voice was Town at the time. I would much rather start a wagon on May, Kichiro, or Steven, as participants who could plausibly be active and 'stealthed' Mafiosos. I feel a little odd about eliminating silent players after seeing it go wrong several times..."

First off, that 'private' reason of yours for not suspecting Chibi. Why bring it up and then be this vague about? That's frankly not helping people be less suspicious of Chibi and just makes you look more suspicious as well. If you're Town and you have a role that can proof Chibi's innocence, just say that so it can actually help us. If you're worried about getting targeted by the mafia tonight, then alright, don't say it but just give actual reasons as to why Chibi is innocent. Giving some vague reason and expecting people to just blindly take your word for it not only undercuts your argument about Chibi's playstyle (which is actually a valid one), but makes you look like a scum player trying to seem legitimate, who at the same time is afraid to actually mention a concrete role due to being worried about getting counterclaimed and exposed. In fact, this and Chibi's reaction to it is the reason why I put Chibi on "Neutral".

Second, your reasoning for not wanting to vote on inactive players honestly feels very weak to me, and inconsistent with how you've acted in past games (or at least, what I've been able to gather from a quick glance) or even earlier in this game. Seems to like you're trying to protect one of your more inactive mafia buddies by shifting focus away from them.

View attachment 2736
Jet seemed impatient. "Hey hey, there's somethin' I'm tryna do here but I can't do it til everyone says what they think about the voting yesterday. And I still ain't heard nothin' from Ledian or the blue-hair girl."

@Dragonfree @Virgil134

I actually posted this morning, but yeah I hope the size of this post explains why I needed all evening for this.

Will be heading to bed now, but I can respond to stuff tomorrow after work.]]

AbraPunk

Cosmic Guardian
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. luxio
To get things moving as soon as possible, might I suggest we choose a new person to place a wagon on? Earlier this time, so that we aren't pressed for time as we were yesterday?"

Bench today. Bench is a person who is extremely dedicated to his RP flavor, and as Burhalla, he will want to try to remain as truthful as possible. I can see a situation where he is the scumteam Strongman and tried to softclaim in a way that made him appear to be Town.

Given that his ability is supposedly a One Shot I genuinely wonder if he's the Strongman that eliminated Wind last night.

[[ vote: bench ]]

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
[[Alright, I think I have a plan now.]]

"And what's that?"

[[Do the thing.]]

"Alright," Burhalla said, turning towards the group as he put a hand on his wrist. "We never said our ability was a oneshot. Rather, we only said that it only works once."

"Our ability is to guard a single person each night. If that person is attacked..." Burhalla's claws began to dig into his wrist. "Then my life is taken instead."

"I recommend taking a closer look at the people who jumped to the conclusion that our ability was a oneshot."

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
May clenched her fists. Wrong. Just wrong, twice, and another person was fake-dead. Who kept putting her into these games, anyway? Why?

She wanted to go home. Pet Spirit. Think about something else. But here they were, still squabbling back and forth about mailmen in some dumb game.

[[ anyways, I have theories on who's mafia, but I need to look through some posts first ]]
"Well? If you've got something to say, then talk." Her fist shook. Who? Did they think it was her? Why wouldn't they, with her chasing some innocent idiot into the grave over a theory that was also wrong?

[[With the strongman shot presumably wasted, I am in a mind to claim. What I will say, however, is that it won't provide much light on what happened overnight for a couple reasons I won't specify just yet. Just know that I am very :copyka: about it.]]
"If you don't think it'll give any information, no reason to. Just..." She pressed her lips together. She had a pretty good idea what the Luxray's Voice might be getting at anyway. So then what was even the point? "If you've got something to say that'll actually help, then do it."

"So," he began, "were you as wrong with your guess about the other mailman's identity as I was?"
"What was your guess about the mailman's identity? Did you ever say?" Had he? She couldn't remember. Too much talk, back and forth about the bloody mailmen.

[[Wait I'm confused. Why is everyone saying this was a Strongman kill because of flavour? Flavour is just flavour, right? I thought it was always completely detached from actual gameplay.]]
[[Negrek's games have thus far telegraphed strongman kill flavor in a way much like this; that's definitely what it is.]]

[[Over-valuing the Mailman role honestly came off to me like you might be scum. Sure, it allows private communication... in 250 characters, and can be redirected, and you aren't a cop so you don't know who's town and who's mafia when you send. And you didn't even use it to communicate anything. I'd still be suspicious of you for this except Sind was the same and flipped Town so I guess we just have totally different instincts on this or something? I don't know... Can someone explain to me why sending confusing messages that say nothing useful is a 'massive boon' for Town?]]
"I mean," May said irritably, "it's not a great role but it's not useless either. It's useful to be able to say things you think you know about the game to somebody you're pretty sure is town without the whole mafia also hearing it. It's just if you're going to do that you need to actually do that."

"Wait," said Steven. "You received two messages? Then that means Karo wasn't a mailman, like we thought he might be."

He brought a hand to his chin in thought. "I mean it was probably the case when that Kalosian claimed to have sent those spammy messages. But that means Karo was something else entirely and we still have two mailman sending messages."
[[Also yes, I have been saying this (this is not directed at you btw, just broadly). I don't know where everyone got off acting like Karo was so likely to be a mailman...
"Yeah, I know, he never was a bloody mailman," May snapped. "It fit when I thought he'd sent the pointless messages, but if that was actually Dorien or whatever, then that was never it." It'd fit so well. She'd been even more sure when he'd started claiming he'd sent the messages that'd really been conveniently sent by the dead guy who couldn't dispute it. What a joke.

(Not dead, not dead, nobody was really dying. It was just a dumb stupid game.)

lurosaquestion.png
"Good morning, everyone. I see we've lost our Watcher-with-drawback, unfortunately. It wouldn't surprise me if the drawback was that they specifically watched for redirected mail, given the theme, so it's hard to know how big a loss this is to our power parity. All the same, a shame. If we have a living doctor, I don't blame them – the force of the attack looks like a 'strongman' shot, after all."
"Something I wondered was if she could only watch herself." Would be a drawback that'd make her much less useful, but bait a mafia shot when she revealed it without the drawback. Would explain why she'd be so quick to claim her role. "But yeah, maybe just mail, I guess."

Free has been extremely low-key this game. After reading through all of her posts, she has rarely contributed to scum-hunting other than tunneling on Sind, which she has been doing since D1. Otherwise, her posts are speculation on gameplay mechanics, such as explaining Parrot and Absorber, the mailman 3P theory, and only two read lists. In the latest read list, she placed both Abra and Bench as soft town, despite not having too much of a reason to do so. (Sure, “typical play style” was quoted as a reason but at this rate neither Abra nor Bench have said much of anything at all; we are on D3 now, it’s time to start chiming in more.)
[[Don't know what to tell you there; my reads are my reads. I did explain what specifically from Bench I considered typical of his townplay: the little self-vote gambit and the pressure softclaim are exactly the kinds of things that Bench has previously done as town, and Abra being inactive and sort of erratic as town is also expected, while they haven't really shown signs of being coached. In part, though, I'm sure it's just my general kneejerk defensiveness of inactives, who as I keep saying are such an easy target for scum to push and usually just townies. I am waffling a bit on them now out of paranoia given town!Sind and my lack of other good scumreads, buuut even then I wouldn't reeeally want to go for them first thing, since finding the stealth scum seems more important.

I've been somewhat less active this game, I think, probably because I haven't really been fixating on it much so far. Sometimes I'm there refreshing the thread on my phone throughout my workday, but it hasn't really been capturing my brain like that so far. Maybe once I've actually read through some posts.]]

I can realistically see a scumteam with Free and either Abra or (but likely not both) Bench, with Free advising them to stay quiet.
[[I will say it would be massively unsporting for anyone to advise their scummates to stay quiet. Bad strategy too, given inactives always get a lot of scrutiny, but jeez, who plays a game like this and tells their teammates to just shut up and be quiet? I'm a bit rankled by the suggestion I would do this.]]

May looked away, pressing her lips together.

[[I really don't know what to tell you. I legitimately don't have anything to add. I want to, I really want to, but there's just nothing I can say that hasn't been said already, outside of straight-up revealing my role.]]

"Can you stop hiding it, then?" Burhalla asked. "I've thought long and hard about it, and I don't think it makes a difference if it's revealed now or not. The truth deserves to be known."

[[I don't know.]]
"If you really don't think it'll make any difference, I guess."

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma

"And what's that?"

[[Do the thing.]]

"Alright," Burhalla said, turning towards the group as he put a hand on his wrist. "We never said our ability was a oneshot. Rather, we only said that it only works once."

"Our ability is to guard a single person each night. If that person is attacked..." Burhalla's claws began to dig into his wrist. "Then my life is taken instead."

"I recommend taking a closer look at the people who jumped to the conclusion that our ability was a oneshot."
[[Welp, sniped. I'm not sure this is much of a lead, though... I definitely asssumed by that you meant a one-shot. Don't think it really means anything about alignment.

Either way, I'm going to go read back through EoD and see what I can make of how the vote train progressed.]]

NeoLurosa

Junior Trainer
Pronouns
[[Jackie here. I guessssssss Bodyguard 'only works once' but I certainly wouldn't think to describe it that way.

Don't feel a need to defend myself and Yellow in substantial depth to Virgil. All the same... We've been active, we've been scumhunting, and we've repeatedly pressured and sussed inactives. I make one comment about how I'd rather gun for possible stealthed scum and that's 'protective my inactive buddies'? Nah. And I said I have a small reason to think that Chibi's trustworthy besides my observation about their playstyle, and obfuscating roles to the scumteam is important to me. I decline to elaborate on mine, except for that I am confident I cannot be counterclaimed.

Feeling worse about Abra than Bench, although not great about either. I just think we'd get more information from finding a more active scum.

Goodnight.]]

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
"That fancy guy Dorien feels weird. He's bein' all defensive and actin' like he's gotta prove that every little thing he does is super normal or whatever. It's like he's really super afraid of looking weird to anybody for anything. Why's he gotta spend all his time talking about how totally not suspicious he is?"
[[Chibi first voices suspicion of Dorien for being defensive and trying to justify himself a lot.]]

Jet's tails lashed impatiently. "This is boring, I'm just gonna vote for Dorien and see what happens!"

Vote: Dorien
[[First vote on the Dorien train, posed explicitly as a "see what happens" vote. Chibi leaves shortly thereafter and is absent for EoD.]]

Suspicions
Dorien (Sinderella) - As much as I appreciate her helpfully going and finding what I was thinking of in the last game for me, I can't help but suspect she did so in the hope of preempting me doing so myself and making herself look better for it? She seems pretty preoccupied with self-defense, and still get the same vibe as from her play last game.
Altair (Inkedust) - Still just the vibe, man, I don't really have an explanation, would have to do more reading. Maybe I will overnight.]]

"Yeah. Yeah, okay, something like that. Just... shut up." May turned toward the irritating man. "I still think it's you."

[[Vote: Dorien (@Sinderella)]]
[[My vote some forty minutes later. I'd been tunneling on Sind a bit since day one, and then Chibi made that point about defensiveness which had me like yeah I do want to go for this.]]

[[So I won't have too much time to check in on the thread before the final hour hits.

I'm going to stick to my guns here and vote for Virgil, as I've felt that his presence has been generally unproductive and his defence left much to be desired.
Vote: Kichiro]]
[[Inke votes Kichiro, with no comment on Sind. This had me like "ohhh are they mafia together" but that was definitely me confirmation biasing.]]

"With that said, I'm not confident of any other scumreads. My partner is pressing lightly for us to vote for Burhalla, Kichiro or Altair, but isn't confident, and I'm not eager to vote for any of them myself. I'm still not convinced Archie is Town, and if we lose a Mailman – which I'm sure he is – it's not a grievous loss, but it also wouldn't tell us much! And I'm not suspicious of Dorien, but neither do I have much confidence that he is Town. It is a difficult choice to make...
[[Jackie says they're not suspicious of Dorien but also don't have much confidence he is town, which I'm reading as basically a null read.]]

Sus (for reasons stated below):
Bench - very nearly in the Null category, but after reviewing the mailman discussion from D1, they almost always chimed in just to say "I agree with [person]." Combine that with their lack of play, even RP, which I remember seeing much more of in their other games, I'm inclined to vote today or press more tomorrow. The surprise softclaim was also odd, but that's the primary reason I'm not voting them today.
Sind - We kind of went at it today (sorry I did come off as snippy, apologies for that, not my intention, was just frustrated in general. your post was the straw that broke the Camerupt's back [[Abra this isn't a coded message lol]]), but that inspired me to do the backread of the D1 mailman discussion, and I found that a lot of her posts were rehashes of things that had already been said, sometimes multiple times. As the basis for our disagreement today was over the "unhelpfulness" of posts, I wanted to go back and see how much theory crafting came out of it, and honestly it was less than I thought, which is why she's landing here. I do know big summary posts are her thing, but she's used them both as town and as scum... (As I was typing the mailman summary post and this readlist up, I see that two other of my more town-read players are also suspicious...)

Vote: Sinderella
[[Third vote on Sind, from Pano. She previously posted a summarypost of D1 mailman debacle, where there wasn't too much Sind and she was pretty noncommittal. Third vote on a train is often a good spot where mafia hop on, though the elaborate summaryposting prior (and her comments there matching up with what she says about Sind here) makes me doubt this could have been opportunistic.]]

[[Endlessly frustrated because I have been rereading everything and I don't feel like I am getting any suss-y vibes from anyone, which is pretty rare for me.

The only thing I have is Bench but I still don't feel ready to vote for them.

And I just don't even see any threads to pull on. Very frusterated

@IFBench Can you elaborate on why you chose to sort of out of blue mention an aspect of your power?]]
[[Tetra says she's getting no suspicious vibes from anyone.]]

[[Okay the tl;dr from me is that I still don't feel too good about Sind, Inke, or Abra.I feel a little bit better about Chibi buuuuut I'm still more confused than anything. I know a lot of people trust you, but... I just don't know. The whole "I believe this, but I'm not saying why!" just doesn't really endear me to you.]]

[[And oh CRAP it's 30 minutes from EOD. I'm leaving my vote on AbraPunk. I just don't feel like I have reason to trust you and you haven't said or done much to defend yourself. Is it doing anything now? No, but at least I'm committing to what I started and I hope this makes a statement.]]
[[Starlight doesn't feel great about Sind but chooses to vote Abra. Feel like mafia in that position would probably just go ahead and vote Sind, although being on a competing train can also be good for mafia and voicing suspicion of Sind too might have left it open for a switch later if desired...?]]

[[ Hey, I'm back. Feeling a bit better now after taking a step back.

Gonna keep it brief and cast my vote:

Vote: Sinderella

Rationale? Well, let's look at what Inke said about me:

This is exactly what Sind has been doing the whole time, including in her post following Inke's where she mentioned being suspicious of me as well. Glad others are now calling her out for it as well, since that genuinely irked me this morning. Especially when I'm not even doing the stuff that Inke claims. :/
[[Virgil votes Sind for being unhelpful and not making new observations. This does feel potentially opportunistic to me - Virgil'd been away for a while and then jumps in going yeah, Sind's been unhelpful. His last post before this does indeed bring up being annoyed that other people are getting away with parroting, but doesn't name Sind specifically, while this post is taking care to talk about it as something he already thought and others are finally noticing. Doesn't preclude that actually being the case, buuut definitely the most suspect vote so far, I think?]]

[[Holy dear fucking god fuck me and fuck this; my hormones are shooting through my head LMAO. Forgive me, I'm not mad I am just in a hormonal rage and I'm gonna explode because i don't want to get fucking voted out like this I will cry my goddamn eyes out goddammit

I'm the other Mailman y'all!!! That's why I was kinda meh in that discussion because I didn't want to say too much and get my ass ru-vealed (THATS NOT A CODE I'M WATCHING RUPAUL TAKE IT EZ LMAOOOO). I also think I put too much emphasis on how much this stupid role mattered because it's town's only line of communication so to speak, but it's clearly not that deep.

I sent the messages to Pano and Starlight--Starlight's specifically said "It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood" (Starlight your response made me laugh and I wish I could have reacted lmfaooooooo) and for Pano's I actually had to edit theirs because I damn near put "There's so many goddamn pirates in this game" but I thought that sounded too much like me so I edited it.

Kind of like our friend who's typing their posts in a fruit-vendorish fashion, my goal was to also put some pokes out to see if my letters got swapped or blocked or whatever the fuck, and it fucking figures I message another mailman. I didn't have any special information to divulge so I figured that was the best I could do for the time being, and this upcoming night I was just planning to say this in my next message. Never played this role before and really didn't know what to do, didn't even think to play off like an actual fruit vendor role like this other smartass did, so I figured I'd just send completely irrelevant things and see if I could catch a swap or a block or SOMETHING.

Once again I know this isn't indicative of my role whatsoever but again, and I cannot stress this enough, I AM A MOTHERFUCKING TOWNIE, and I'll scream it from the FUCKING ROOFTOP because UUURRRHGHGHHGHGHGHGHJHeqP P'OEIP'WQO[ I'm so aggravated I dropped the ball I'm so sorry kekwkekwkekw.]]
[[Sind drops the claim.]]

[[Too damn tired and out of time. Thought it over, and even if Archie is scum, he's definitely a Mailman and I'd rather look for info on more dangerous roles and stealthy players.]]

Lurosa grimaced, clearly uncomfortable. "I choose to vote for... Dorien."
[[One minute after Sind's mailman claim (presumably ninja'd), Jackie votes Sind, on the basis that their other main suspect, Archie, is definitely a mailman even if mafia and they'd rather look for dangerous roles. This vote also strikes me as one that could have been opportunistic, though there's nothing definite.]]

[[Yo what the fuck. This is no good for my odds of good sleep, huh. Fuckssake, uh... I need to think about this. 20 minutes left. Fuck. What timing.]]
[[Why do we have TWO people claiming to be Townie Mailmen who are being incredibly cagey about their messages? And neither of them is the wannabe Fruit Vendor, even? What are the fucking odds of three Townie Mailmen in a single game? This is a weird fucking setup, I swear to god.]]
[[Jackie notices the ninja and is baffled by three mailmen, still voting Sind.]]

[[What the actual heck. Either we do have three mailmen in this setup which is baffling and confsing or there's some very strange scum theatre thats just unrealistic.

WHat is this.

I guess in a regular game three mailmen isn't unrealistic, since this isn't role madness? UGH

I think I might just vote for Bench honestly, so sorry buddy]]
[[Tetra is baffled and considering voting Bench.]]

[[I'm so fucking dead fucking ass y'all I am town I am mailman, y'all are making a big fucking mistake voting me out--Mailman doesn't crroborate me for SHIT, I KNOW, all I was trying to do was catch a swap or a block or some movement and I thought I was so BIG BRAINED i swear i swear. I didn't know what else to do but hand to the fucking sky I'm town, and I was keeping myself lowkey because I didn't want to say some shit and out myself.

What was cagey about my messages?? What would you like me to say, I stated what the contents of my messages were and why I wrote them lmao. Also stated why I had little to offer in the damn mailman back and forth I WAS A FUCKING MAILMAN.

I'm town. I swear to fucking god I'm town.]]
[[More Sind panicking.]]

[[What the heck???? So... wait Sind you're claiming the spam nonsense messages and not the item ones? What is going on. Oh my god the "oops all mailmen" shitpost isn't a shitpost any more.

I'm still like, really confused as to how Sind went about her play leading up to EoD today... what on earth?????]]
[[Pano is confused, still voting Sind.]]

[[Uhm okay hwhat.

Sooooo Sike was not the one sending the nonsense messages (she could've sent the item-themed ones?) and we've got two people claiming to be Townie mailmen? Honestly I think that checks out since mailmen are communicative roles, but three Townie mailmen??? Assuming the item-person is also a Townie???]]

[[Saaaaame. Okay, I feel a lot better about Sind because she and I have pretty much the same lines of thought about this whole thing (except that I decided to say nothing at all N0). If anybody wants to join me on the bandwagon for AbraPunk, feel free!]]
[[TRUTH]]
[[Starlight is confused, suggests people join her on AbraPunk instead. Coooould be opportunistic? Like, mafia offering a quick alternate train after a claim throws a wagon into chaos?]]

May scowled. "I'm not buying it. I still think the one who sent those messages was Karo. Why wouldn't you make some attempt to write something more meaningful if you were town? Unless there's something else to corroborate that, my vote's staying."
[[I remain Deeply Skeptical of this development (I was there like ohhhh my god she is mafia can't believe everyone's buying her act when she's claiming the messages that were obviously Karo's >:(((().]]

[[YEAH I DROPPED THE BALL IDFK WHAT I'M DOING Y'ALL I DO NOT KNOW HOW TO MAILMAN.

I DIDN'T MAKE ANY ATTEMPT TO WRITE ANYTHING MEANINGFUL BECAUSE I HAD NOTHING MEANINGFUL TO WRITE OH MY GOD. WHAT SO TO TURN AROUND AND TRY TO NUDGE OR MAKE AN OBSERVATION AND GET CALLED SCUMMY FOR IT??? NAUR, WRITING NONSENSE WAS THE SAFEST BET IN MY HEAD HOLY FUCKING CHRIST]]
[[More Sind panicking.]]

[[I'd bet on the item message if Karo's a mailmen to be honest- I think Sike said they hadn't watched Mr. Rogers and item messages do feel the most 3p-ish.]]
[[DW argues with me on these being Karo's messages.]]

[[i. AM. TOWN. I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH I WILL POP A VEIN OVER IT. I psyched myself out over playing Mailman because I overestimated the importance and didn't want to get outed but that's out the goddamn window]]
[[More Sind panicking.]]

[[But Starlight did participate in the D1 discussion, even hinting that the messages were simply to let us know she existed. So like, I don't know it feels weird that all your posts were just agreeing with other people??? I'm... what even is happening rn]]
[[Pano argues about Sind's behaviour. I feel good about this post, it feels like she genuinely had this read on Sind and is frustrated by her insistence she's town.]]

[[I still trust Starlight less than Sind. Do agree with the current mailman count scum mailman is not improbable.]]
[[DW trusts Starlight less than Sind (is still voting Starlight).]]

[[This doesn't make sense why did everyone get to thinking Karo has to be TP Mailman i don't get it??? Why does it seem like people are super certain of that? Did I miss some big brained theory on why the TP is a mailman? Anyways I guess thats more relevant for tomorrow.

That said I feel like this ridiculousness tracks with how I expect Sind usually plays, trying to make big brained scum catching plays?

I never had much inkling about Sind so idk, not gonna vote there atm tbh

I am still fixated on Bench but I guess they're busy so I might not get anything. Might just have to vote them.]]
[[Tetra does not want to vote Sind and is confused by the Karo mailman theory, still wants to go Bench but hasn't done so yet.]]

[[The one who tried to message Muse with helpful info on how mailman works etc. is the one with the items. That seems more third-party to you than random nonsense?]]
[[I argue back with DW.]]

[[@Sinderella

What are all the messages you sent?]]
[[Tetra interrogates Sind about the messages. I also feel good about this one - feels like genuine interest in puzzling things out, while having missed information already given.]]

[[No extra kills suggest not SK and Free said she got mailmanish vibes from them.
[[DW explains Karo mailman theory to Tetra.]]

[[Oh whoops forgot about that.]]
[[DW concedes my point about Karo's messages.]]

[[work busy right now. Don't have time to pick vote. Just pointing out ic I die. We don't know karo was a mailman. Might find out tonight.]]
[[wind jumps in to note we don't know Karo was a mailman.]]

[[Lol thats not much at all though?

I still think odd/even day kill powers could be it, or something else but whatever]]
[[Tetra thinks Karo might have been serial killer.]]

[[But why wouldn't Sind claim her actual targets? I doubt she's lying because its super counterclaimable.]]
[[Not sure what DW is getting at here, Sind did claim which messages she sent? Guessing DW missed it?]]

[[Yeah, I don't feel good about this any more. I'm trying to work out whether triple Town Mailmen is more or less likely than Town/TP/Mafia Mailmen trio. Someone read Negrek's mind for me real quick, would ya?]]

[[To Sind: I meant your messages themselves were cagey. You and Starlight basically sent non-info, unlike our berry mailman. .]]

"I am on the edge of changing my vote for Antares," hissed Lurosa, fur thoroughly on end. "The one player I have no reason to believe is Town!"
[[Jackie says they don't feel good about the Sind vote and might switch to AbraPunk.]]

[[Well hey can't we justhave Sind send us a message to prove they're a mailman tonight?]]
[[Tetra suggests Sind prove she's a mailman tonight.]]

[[Doc would still have to get a right protect on one of the nights, which not impossible but less probable then different 3p in my opinion. Not nessecarily mailman but its possible.]]]
[[DW argues against Karo serial killer theory.]]

[[LIKE I SAID I HAVE NEVER PLAYED MAILMAN BEFORE AND I DIDN'T KNOW WHO TO TRUST SO IT FELT SAFER TO SEND NONSENSE TO PEOPLE I FELT MIGHT BE TARGETS FOR SWAPS OR BLOCKS AND WENT FROM THERE, THAT WAS MY LOGIC]]
[[Sind defends sending nonsense.]]

[[Karo was around for two nights, so odd/even serial killer doesn't explain it! It'd have to involve a lucky doctor etc. on the night he was active.]]
[[I also argue against Karo serial killer theory.]]

[[Okay, fuck it. Both Starlight and Sind can prove they're not killing people by sending messages instead of killing people, yes? Odds are good their messages will get through. So fuck this.]]

"I vote for Antares," moaned Lurosa, gem flickering and fading.
[[Jackie switches to AbraPunk, on the basis we can make the mailmen send mail tonight (consistent with previous reasoning).]]

[[Not carrying out the kill doesn't mean town
[[DW argues with Jackie.]]

[[Money in mouth time?

vote: IFBench

i dont KNOW sorry Bench]]
[[Tetra votes Bench.]]

[[FFS, can these games stop blowing up when I'm pre-occupied with school?

This is a bandwagon, and if Sind wasn't blowing up a storm, I am expecting this vote to be going over quietly. Dead air, dead townie. Sind's behaviour here also pings a meta-tell for me, which is the sheer panic of a Townie being voted out.

Given the wagon-y nature of this vote, I'm inclined to believe that there is at least one scum player on this train, and again, my immediate inclination is Virgil due his very "nuh-uh" nature of his vote.

Not much more time left to talk, fuck.]]
[[Inke finds Virgil's vote suspect.]]

[[Hrmmm, mafia Sind on a team that has a mailman could still just... have the mailman send "Hey I'm Sind".]]
[[I suggest Sind could be on a mafia team with a mailman.]]

[[Fuck, she could just draft a message for her buddy, couldn't she? Goddamnit.]]
[[Jackie seems persuaded by this.]]

[[okay but then why do you think having her send mail is an adequate substitute for getting her flip]]
[[I respond to Jackie/DW spat; I didn't recall Jackie's previous reasoning about going for more important mafia roles first so I didn't quite connect what they were going for.]]

vote Sind
[[Jackie swaps last-minute.]]

[[I think my overall takeaways are...

- While Chibi has been very vague, that's kind of how they like to play, so I'm disinclined to scumread it. It's possible Chibi started a train on Dorien knowing I was likely to jump on afterward, since I had suspected Sind on D1, but I found their observations about Sind organic and reasonable.
- I know I voted Sind because I agreed with Chibi and was already tunneling a bit.
- Pano's vote is well positioned to be mafia but thanks to the summaryposting I think it's basically impossible she actually jumped on the wagon because it was a townie wagon with two votes. It's theoretically possible she was mafia who just coincidentally found Sind the best target to go for based on the summaryposting she was doing, but also I think she had a very authentic reaction in the middle of the EoD chaos that makes me townread her more after this.
- Virgil's vote is also well positioned to be mafia, with the suspicion on Sind in particular materializing there conveniently, and it's also pinging me lightly that he makes a point of saying he's been thinking that since this morning, though of course nothing says that can't be genuine.
- Jackie's vote is probably the second most suspect to me, but ehhhh. They did have a progression based on self-consistent reasoning, and other aspects of their play have felt towny to me. I can see a mafia motive for swapping and then swapping back late, but not inclined to go there at the moment.

I'll go Vote: Kichiro (Virgil134) for now.]]

NeoLurosa

Junior Trainer
Pronouns
[[Got the notif for this, couldn't resist reading, like it very much. Will sleep on it and see what my hydra buddy has to say, maybe do an ISO in the morning, but I could see myself voting Kichiro tomorrow.]]

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
[[Regarding other EoD participants who did not end up voting for Sind:

- DW seems sort of not too interested in the whole thing? Which is kind of strange given in DW's readlist Sind was soft town; one might think DW'd be more invested in persuading people not to go for her, but instead they're just sort of there throughout EoD, mostly commenting on mechanics, and bring up like once that they trust Starlight less than Sind. I'm definitely raising a bit of an eyebrow, although it doesn't feel super out of line with DW's play (I don't feel like DW usually does a lot of trying to persuade others of their reads...?)
- Tetra never considers voting Sind, but lingers for a while talking about voting Bench before actually doing it. I think the main thing that makes me townread her on balance is the asking Sind exactly what messages she sent? Not 100% but it felt genuine.
- Starlight is pushing AbraPunk as an alternate train throughout, offering it up in the confusion after Sind claims, which is legit a good idea for mafia - when a claim kills a vote train, it's critical for the mafia to try to make sure town settles on another townie rather than landing on a mafia member with no time left. So on balance I think I'm a little more suspicious of Starlight now, though again it isn't like Starlight couldn't just have actually wanted to vote Abra.
- Inke crops up at one point to declare the Sind train is bad and cast suspicion on Virgil's vote. On the one hand this kind of reminds me of Inke as mafia in second anniversary getting lecturey at town about a mislynch, which pinged me there. On the other hand, that was notably after the mislynch, while she'd done her part in pushing it along while acting regretful about it before that - and if Kichiro is mafia, the way Inke has been gunning for him makes me think they're unlikely teammates.]]

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
jet-grump2.png
"Hmm. Okay, so that's how it is..."

jet-laugh.png
"Yup! I'm pretty sure the blue-hair girl is good! Definitely!"

[[It's been 3000 years, but I think I'm starting to learn how to read Dragonfree. Whether scum or town, most of her play will involve correcting misinfo and making sure people don't take wild speculation as a fact. However, town!Dragonfree is way more likely to engage in spicy speculation based on nothing more than vibes. And also more likely to pick a position and stick with it, whereas scum!Dragonfree will be far more interested in carefully considering all the evidence and never being too sure of anything.]]

[[The other reason is that I think it would be really easy for her to act super cautious about me and leave the door open for a mislynch later. I mean, in Vanilla Mafia (where she was scum) I was a claimed inforole with a successful Mafia lynch, but she had be careful and keep me in the potential lynch zone. Whereas here, I was practically on a silver platter, but no dice.]]

jet-laugh.png
"I got almost everyone else to suspect me, though!"

[[You really shouldn't be so proud of that...]]

jet-bored.png
"Oh puh-lease. You were the one who told me to do it."

[[...you got me there ^^;]]

jet-laugh.png
"Oh yeah, and the Espeon is good too cuz I said so!"

[[NeoLurosa is a townlock for me. I will not be elaborating.]]

[[Other reads coming later. To give the abridged version, I really really like Dragonfree's breakdown of the Dorien train, and I agree with almost all her takes, except that I feel less confident about Tetra and Pano, and more confident about Yellow/Jackie.]]

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha

"And what's that?"

[[Do the thing.]]

[[Since you already claimed (despite I think people advising you otherwise)-- who have you targetted?]]

(I don't feel like DW usually does a lot of trying to persuade others of their reads...?)
[[Unfortunately yeah you're probably right here. This is something I think I need to work on.]]

Feeling worse about Abra than Bench, although not great about either. I just think we'd get more information from finding a more active scum.
[[...Why are you feeling worse about Abra than Bench?
I've reread their Mudsdale hang-up and I'm fairly certain I think its a genuine towny hang-up. A weird one, but it would've been an even weirder push as Mafia. Their play besides that reminds me sorta of Second Anni where they were town; not exactly the same thing, but the vibes I get from them are very similar I think. I've been feeling progressively better about them as time goes on.
Bench, on the other hand, between the fact that his participation has been minimal enough for me to manage to entirely forget he was in the game yesterday, his out of the blue one-shot claim, and claiming even after people said they didn't want him to unless he thought it'd help, has been trending down for me.]]

Starlight Aurate

Ad Jesum per Mariam | pfp by kintsugi
Partners
  1. mightyena
  2. psyduck
[[Over-valuing the Mailman role honestly came off to me like you might be scum. Sure, it allows private communication... in 250 characters, and can be redirected, and you aren't a cop so you don't know who's town and who's mafia when you send. And you didn't even use it to communicate anything. I'd still be suspicious of you for this except Sind was the same and flipped Town so I guess we just have totally different instincts on this or something? I don't know... Can someone explain to me why sending confusing messages that say nothing useful is a 'massive boon' for Town?]]
[[Negrek experimented with a low-power Role Madness setup in 2nd Anni, and I think this is another attempt. 2nd Anni had highly conditional, limited or delayed-unlock powers. I believe the gimmick this game is that we have three mailmen, at least two of whom are Town, as a means of giving everyone a role and allowing us to identify swaps early. What's weird is that two mailmen immediately decided their 250 character, totally unsecured, essentially unhelpful messages were worth becoming super secretive instead of trying to powertown. I think that's down to individual player psychology, though.]]
[[Okay, I might come across a bit frank and I apologize if what I say seems harsh. But I feel a little insulted by constantly being called "a glorified Vanilla role" and that I'm nigh-useless. Sure, after reading your posts on how Mailman is nothing next to real info or power roles, I can see that I'm useless. Or saying that it's my "player psychology" and that I'm "unhelpful" when I've been playing as best as I can. I'm sorry I thought it was a good idea to be secretive; this is my first time playing that I'm not a cop. I'm a relatively inexperienced player, and I'm pretty sure that Sind is, too. I feel like the tone of your posts towards us has been a bit condescending. I don't believe that was your intention, but that's how I'm receiving it. Maybe I'm 1000% wrong on this or I'm the only one who reads it this way. I don't know.

I've also been criticized for being unhelpful but what am I supposed to say if I don't have any information on the game setup. I've been speculating as best as I can, but as everyone knows, I get super confused by the simplest rules and powers and I'm not great at reading other people. I didn't use my power N0 BECAUSE I didn't know anything and figured that would only cause confusion. But apparently sending a letter the next night only made everyone much more confused because it looked like a letter came out of nowhere, even though it was obvious I wrote it, and that was used as an excuse to scumread me. Yes, I know I was cagey by hopping on speculations that an extra messenger had appeared through Absorber/Parrot, but I DID come clean and say what I know. I genuinely thought I was parroted because I received my own power and didn't properly know how Parrot works.

I know I always come across scummy because I'm massively unhelpful despite trying. I sent a message to Jet last night because I thought she'd be a candidate for swapping etc., which I was clearly wrong about. I still don't get why people are hard Townreading each other when Chibi has been super cagey, constantly saying "I suspect this, but I'm not saying why!" ]]
[[How is this helpful?!]]

[[I know Free addressed this, but this is a huge assumption to make and accuse another person of doing.]]

[[But why is confounding the two a scummy thing to do?]]
"Ah." Archie crossed his arms as he examined the Charmander. "And I take it you never tried to defend those who have passed, did ye? Did you try to use it at all, or wait until you felt like you knew who was Town before trying?"

[[Negrek's games have thus far telegraphed strongman kill flavor in a way much like this; that's definitely what it is.]]
[[Oh. I've never noticed that. The only other game hosted by her that I've played was First Anniversary, and I don't remember ever seeing Strongkill flavour.]]

- Starlight is pushing AbraPunk as an alternate train throughout, offering it up in the confusion after Sind claims, which is legit a good idea for mafia - when a claim kills a vote train, it's critical for the mafia to try to make sure town settles on another townie rather than landing on a mafia member with no time left. So on balance I think I'm a little more suspicious of Starlight now, though again it isn't like Starlight couldn't just have actually wanted to vote Abra.
[[I voted Abra because I was DW said I was noncommittal the first day, which is apparently a scummy thing to do. So I went after an inactive. I know TR meta has a thing against going after inactives, but there was an inactive scum player in the last game. Abra has said literally NOTHING about what he might know or be able to do, so I don't know why people should defend him for being so quiet.]]

"Well," Archie turned his attention to the people and Pokemon before him. He had been looking up into the void, listening to the whining voice of his writer. "I think she explained pretty much everything. I've been suspect of you," he said, jabbing a finger at Jet, "and your secrecy doesn't make me feel any better."

[[There's another reason why her reaction convinced me that she had to be mafia, but there's no way to say it without claiming. So let's see who pressures me to do that today, shall we.]]
"Then let's have at it! I'm voting for Jet until she stops guarding all of her supposed knowledge. Sorry, Floatzel; you really are a beauty, but I've never spared someone's life due to appearances."

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
[[I voted Abra because I was DW said I was noncommittal the first day, which is apparently a scummy thing to do. So I went after an inactive. I know TR meta has a thing against going after inactives, but there was an inactive scum player in the last game. Abra has said literally NOTHING about what he might know or be able to do, so I don't know why people should defend him for being so quiet.]]
[[I don’t find it suspicious that you’d push Abra, for what it’s worth - possible suspicion is based mostly on the circumstances of you being there eager to offer up an alternate train when Sind’s started to wobble a little. I readily admit this is very circumstantial.]]

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
[[okay, I think I'm going crazy, but can anyone tell me why Chibi going "I will not be elaborating" isn't raising more than a few eyebrows??? Just me????

I'm doing this on mobile so apologies in advance for this not being as thorough as this could be, but the sheer amount of "I know things because I know things" posts that Chibi is making is pinging me like crazy. And I'm not sure how in a game about deceiving people that's even remotely acceptable to everyone else.

[[The person I originally suspected of being a mailman was in fact Dorien. I hinted at this to see how she'd react and the bizarre overreaction didn't remotely feel like how a glorified Vanilla role would react. I guess everyone who rolled mailman was dead convinced that mailman was the best role ever or something.
"No can do. It's somethin' only Dorien woulda known."
I'm not the only one who hasn't picked up on these hints (see DW's post asking for some elaboration) and wouldn't you know "only Dorien would have known" is the only elaborating we get. Also the fact that this only comes out *after* Sind's flip, not when she claimed at EoD. Benefit of the doubt goes to Chibi here if they weren't around at EoD since the whole Sind development was so late. Wouldn't be much of an issue on it's own, but this is only one such occurrence of Chibi vague-posting.

I lost the quote on mobile but I'm fairly certain there's another vague post from D1 that's "yeah I know things" with no further explanation.

Which brings me to:
Not a single person has really questioned Free much
I dunno I feel like we put Free under scrutiny pretty good on D1 about the mailman thing. This feels a bit hypocritical since I don't think many people have questioned Chibi much either, and Chibi has offered far less in terms of explanation for their play.

After Free's last post (and frankly after the D1 mailman debacle) I'm solidly confident she is town. I know HelloJackie is casting votes/doubt in order to get answers and get people talking, but I'm not really sure why the sus on Free was so strong.

Yeah, Free made the same mistake with Sind as Chibi and myself, but at least she is explaining her reasoning. I can follow along with Free's logic and gameplay explanations.

I cannot say the same for Chibi. (And to some extent HelloJackie but there's been enough from them and their play that I'm inclined to give them towny status. Again tho, not the same for Chibi.)

[[Jet, I'm pretty sure she already knows you're innocent...]]
Not to mention this. Wtf is this? I can't think of a single instance of where I could see anyone town locking Chibi based on her play. Why is one player saying "yeah I'm innocent, I'm not elaborating" somehow a reasonable defense??? HelloJackie, anything to say about this???

My last point about this (because I honestly can't see Chibi playing this openly scummy but also wtf are we supposed to do with your play???) Is that Chibi is putting an awful lot of merit in a player's word. We're just supposed to believe you. Why didn't you believe Sind when she said she was innocent? Why didn't more players believe her? Because just saying "I'm innocent" isn't enough. And I don't have enough other evidence from Chibi to just take her word at face value.

There better be some kind of explanation coming, or my vote is landing on Chibi today.]]

Top Bottom