• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[Town victory] Vanilla Mafia!

Homestar!

Mikeposter/Galaxy-Brainer
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. nidoqueen
Near-End votes:

Kent: 2 (Sinderella, Homestar)
Clovis: 4 (Flyg0n, Abra, Equi, Yellow)
Mike: 1 (Persephone)
Nobody: 1 (Phant)

2 hours and 20 minutes remain

[[Correct me if I misplaced anybody, there was a lot of shuffling.]]

[[Is it possible to get a Strawpoll or something similar? IIRC, there are polls where you can set it up to have one person = one tracked response. Might help everyone's brain.]]

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
[[No, because they need to be able to change it and not everyone is present on day-end. It's standard to do voting this way for forum mafia.]]

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Near-End votes:

Clovis: 4 (Flyg0n, Abra, Equi, Yellow)

2 hours and 20 minutes remain

[[Correct me if I misplaced anybody, there was a lot of shuffling.]]

Reme raised her hand, yawning. "I've voted to abstain from voting. As dire as it is to vote, my voice and I both don't have anything we would personally consider decisive enough to vote on, nor do we think our vote would suddenly shift anything."

"At best, we could vote for Kent again, and someone would suddenly vote them as well to stall the vote count. And... it is to my voice's knowledge that we don't want to do that."

Homestar!

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. nidoqueen
[[No, because they need to be able to change it and not everyone is present on day-end. It's standard to do voting this way for forum mafia.]]

[[How many votes per day does it take to vote someone out? Is it a simple majority vote, or is there a number we have to hit? From the other thread, and the link to the basic rules, it seems like a simple majority is all that is needed?]]

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
[[Okay I've been trying to keep in RP character for all my posts but this one I have to get out there because time is of the essence, and I was only able to post this now after getting home from work. My upcoming post ideally should have come out a lot earlier (and part of me is sus about the timing of the whole thing *because* of this, but I digress). Sorry in advance if the timing of this messes anything up, I don't have the ability to write anything big and coherent on my phone while at work. Okay, writing it up now...]]

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
ebony-concern.png"I still don't think Clovis is lying. Jean already said why, and I think she's right. And Hana is obviously not bad. Kent is dumb and mean but if Hana says he's not bad, then he's not bad." She still stuck out her tongue, though.

"So I'm not voting either of them! But not voting is a really bad idea in this sort of game. It's totally different than the other games! So, umm..."

Ebony shuffled her paw against the dirt. She wasn't looking forward to this at all...

"I'm voting for Porygon! I don't have a good reason, I just don't feel very good about them!"

Vote: Porygon

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
[[ The person with the highest number of votes will be eliminated. People who choose to vote "nobody" will also count as this, and if "nobody" is higher than anyone else, nobody gets eliminated. However, not voting at all is not counted for the purposes of vote tallying. ]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[Okay, we’re nearing the EOD so I’m gonna update my readlist. For the sake of erring on the side of caution, I’m going to just roll with the two-pair town lovers theory. Even though I still find it baffling to have two pairs in a vanilla game, and now heal clash is a thing too?? (Better to assume it exists than assume it doesn’t.) Hhhhhh okay. It’s fine. Everything is fine.

Most Likely Town:
Hana
Salem
Hazel
Jean
Kent
Steven

All have been playing very bold town and I don’t really have a solid reason to suspect any of them. With Tetra’s new claim, Kent and Steven have both been moved to this spot.

Soft Town:
Clovis
Mike

After all that’s been said, I’m willing to give the benefit of the doubt and say they’re both town that just made a few fumbles.

Neutral:
Sparkleglimmer
Reme
Anti
Altair
Ebony

Haven’t seen too much from the first two so I can’t say much about them either way. Updated: Pixie has been moved to soft scum. Explanation below.

Now, for Altair, he’s been playing pretty neutral so far and has even said a few things that indicate town—but if last game was anything to go by, it’s that Inkedust is really good at playing town while secretly scum, lol. Also the fact that they claimed Anti gave off town vibes was weird to me because I’m barely picking up any vibes from Anti at all. Hmm.

Ebony is in neutral because she’s been saying a lot while being pretty noncommittal the whole game, only jumping on votes after a lot of people have voted the same way. The only truly definite things she has said are those she views as town (Salem, Wes, Hana, and Jean) and those are pretty safe claims to make considering we’ve all been pretty aggressively town. To cast suspicion on us would only reflect poorly on Ebony, so it would make sense for her to vouch for us. I’m not saying she is scum, but I don‘t trust her yet.

Soft Scum:
BARTHOLOMEW
Porygon
Astrid
Pixie

As others have stated, these players have all been participating fairly regularly and saying a lot without actually saying anything. They’re very vague about opinions and only seem to chip in when it’s safe. It looks to me like they’re trying to fly under the radar. Very very little insight gained from any of their posts.

That said, I think BARTHOLOMEW still reads the most scummy to me, as they appear to be bandwagoning on the votes? Jumping onto Clovis, then switching to Kent—which could easily be a result of just catching up to the threads and posting before they‘re caught up, I suppose. But they’re the one I’m most wary of at the moment.

Unvote: Clovis

Really sorry for jumping all over the place with my votes, I’m trying to keep up and this day has really done a number on my brain. I do plan to vote for someone by the EOD, and once again I strongly encourage everyone to do the same, and to not vote for Kent or Clovis just to play it safe.]]

Homestar!

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. nidoqueen
[[ The person with the highest number of votes will be eliminated. People who choose to vote "nobody" will also count as this, and if "nobody" is higher than anyone else, nobody gets eliminated. However, not voting at all is not counted for the purposes of vote tallying. ]]
[[I'm gonna break it down mostly for myself to make sure I have this right:

Whichever vote option is highest wins.

Options are among all remaining players and a "nobody/abstain" option, so if the "Abstain" option gets the most votes, then nobody is eliminated.

But, anyone who has not voted, or has withdrawn their vote, will not count as a "nobody/abstain" vote.]]

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
[[ Correct, Homestar.

So, Fuse, I need to ask, you quoted me, which suggests that something is wrong with what I posted... but you said you are choosing not to vote at all, which would be in-line with what I posted. I think I can add that as a separate line, one sec... ]]

Near-End votes:

Clovis: 3 (Flyg0n, Abra, Equi)
Porygon: 1 (Chibi)

No vote: Goat, Bluwikoon, Fusion, unrepentantAuthor, Espeon, Panoramic_Vacuum, Yellow, Wind, Dragonfree, Inkedust

[[ And to break that down for Homestar and other newbies, this means that, as it stands, Clovis has the most votes, and will therefore be eliminated IF nothing at all changes from now 'til day-end. ]]

2 hours remain

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
But I still don't like how Hana kept insisting both that there could be two pairs of lovers but also that Clovis couldn't be trusted, at the same time.
[[apologies for the earlier confusion then, I thought you'd genuinely missed it and was your big post.

Anyways Everyone else were the ones insisting they believed Sind so I was willing to *entertain* the theory of two pairs.

Also there's literally no benefit to me corroborating abra unless I wanna, ya know, not die.

Thankfully enough votes are off abra for now]]

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
[[Readlist is OOC because we're running out of time before nightfall and I'm exhausted. Roughly in order of confidence.

Hard Town:
Ebony
Hazel
Wes
Jean

All these folks have been making strong claims, supported by good reasoning, and stayed grounded. I have an excellent feeling about all of them, and I think their playstyles match what I know of their innocent playstyle history (in Hazel's case, of course, I know Lyn has never played Town).

Soft Town:
Mike
Altair
Anti
Reme
Bart

These guys have either not been as obviously town, or there's something else holding me back from trusting them as much, but I'm not sus of them either. Mike seems like a newbie with crazy ideas, Altair and Anti are either town or very good at faking it (which I happen to know they are from last game) Reme's play resembles what I know of Fuse's recent innocent play, and Bart was super sus for a bit but Equi's later posts seem way more his usual style.

Neutral:
Sparkleglimmer
Astrid

We haven't seen enough from these guys because they've not been active and I have no real reads.

Cautious:
Pixie
Poryfriend

Stayed under the radar, not contributing to the scumhunt, trying to get emotional points... This reads as very much insufficiently towny behaviour for me.

Goddamnit:
Hana
Kent
Clovis
Steven

We might have four lovers. I hate this. If Kent is a lover, then Abra, you've been pounding the 'sus' button all game and I'm furious that the only reason I'm not voting for you is because Hana gives such a strong townread. Fuck!]]

[[Still not sure who to vote for. Heck.]]

AbraPunk

Cosmic Guardian
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. luxio
you've been pounding the 'sus' button all game and I'm furious that the only reason I'm not voting for you is because Hana gives such a strong townread. Fuck!]

[[ well, shit

:rowlanxiety:

uhhhhh sorry then??? idk what to say except if I somehow miraculously live to the next day phase, I'll put more of an actual effort into helping out w/ Town stuff....

And not just RPing to my heart's content ]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
10_Shocked.png "Wha- This is getting out of hand."

Hazel bashed her helmet against the ground, sending dust and chips of stone into the air.

Maybe she needed to review...

Pretty Solid Town I Guess?:
Clovis (Sinderella): Claim exposed self to significant risk, for potential benefit to town.

Mike (Homestar): Too WTF to seem like scum play, seems like normal rookie OSBP play.

Probably Town, Unfortunately:

Kent (Abrapunk): Corroborated lover claim but tunnelling on Clovis, probably a hazard despite alignment.

Hana (Tetra/Flygon): I think tunneling on Clovis while entertaining 2 lovers actually annoys me more.

Good Vibes Club:

Wes (HelloYellow): Lucky you, I procrastinated enough that you had time to change your vote and get off my sketchy list.
Jean (Dragonfree): Thank you to the second inaugural member of the STOP TUNNELLING ON CLOVIS club, nice to have you.
Salem (Jackie)
Anti-Bravoman (Wind)
Ebony (Chibi)

Literally Nothing:
Reme (Fusion)
Porygon? (Bluwii)
Sparkleglimmer (Espy)
Steven (Pano)
Bart (Equital)
Altair (Inkedust)
Persephone (Pixie)
Astrid (Goat)

VOTE: KENT, but only to tie things becuase STOP TUNNELING ON CLOVIS, will be back to change this vote should the standings change.

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
I also think that Wes and uA are more likely innocent. uA because I like their logic. Wes's logic, I find kinda faulty, but not in a scummy way.

[[
I continued to be bad with names because I somehow got Tetra/Hana and Wes/Yellow mixed up here. So. Pfffftttt. I again blame migraine brain.

(I definitely bet on Tetra not being sus, though. There's no way, so she clears Kent by proxy.)
]]

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Jean fidgeted, pacing back and forth with an exasperated moan. Why was it so hard to tell who was the bad guys?! This wasn't fair. Even the weird Pokémon had somebody backing him up.

[[I'm, uh. Going to wait for what Pano has to say I guess??]]

Top Bottom