• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[Town victory] Vanilla Mafia!

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[Also according to you why would anyone claim lover??? I am not following this reasoning in the slightest, there's not enough evidence.]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[Gonna have to second Tetra on this one. I was planning to interrogate Sind the next day but with this claim she is definitely the most sus to me and has been inconsistent in a lot of ways today. (Granted, so was Homestar and Abra—and a lot of you chalked this up to newbie error. Who’s to say Sind didn’t make mistakes as a Mafia newbie? I’m keeping my vote for now.]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[Unless you all think its worth it, we can kill abra to expose who the liars are HMMMMMM. Take the risk, kill a potential lover, see what happens and lynch the next day, risking 4 kills total.

But yes, I second Yellow, how do we know Sind didn't make a newbie mistake? Will try to question tomorrow if time.]]

"I'll let you you guys hash this out." She shot Clovis a glare. Then turned to-

[

Hana.exe has gone to bed

Hana T - Pose ]

Persephone

Infinite Screms
Pronouns
her/hers
Partners
  1. mawile
  2. vulpix-alola
[[Okay so I have to do a bunch of shopping / moving prep and this thread updates at a million miles an hour. Homestead claimed cop and then dropped the claim, right? For now, setting aside the lover nonsense (and I’ve expressed doubt before that Abra is a lover) that is the single most sus act so far? Midnight here. Going to bed. My vote remains unchanged.]]

Homestar!

Mikeposter/Galaxy-Brainer
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. nidoqueen
Right now Sind is looking the most suspect.

[[I don't see how. They punted the reveal, but if their info is true, then it is important. There was a lot of superfluous explanation, but the damning evidence IMO is that Kent hinted lover.

Someone who is really the lover would never, ever so much as hint at it. Bulletproof can try bullshit gambits like that all day because, unless they're Sacrificed, they're safe from reprisal of mimicking another class. And if they take the Big Jug Hug, sweet, they did their job! But I severely doubt the goodies got two Bulletproofs. If Kent is hinting at lover to draw a bulletproof shot, that might be clever, except I'm the bulletproof one.

Could be a newbie punt to hint at lover, but I feel like it's so transparently a "DO NOT GET FOUND OUT" role that nobody would make that mistake. But, it does sound like a great cover for scum to hint at lover, since they don't fear night reprisal.

If Abra does not get Sacrificed, but survives the night, that's some pretty open-and-shut evidence that they are scum.]]

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
[[Tired brain, dunno how articulate my words are going to be but.

I am very cautious of the idea that Sind is Mafia, and it comes back to this:

(in response to this post from Phant, Sind said:)
[[Gonna OOC post for this, because I was also thrown off by that claim--I might just have sick brain but I don't remember that being a rule, and unless I missed something, I'm immediately sus of Phan for trying to toss that in there--maybe indeed some galaxy brain, but I feel some type of way about this.

50/50 on my vote between Kent/Abra and Mike/Homestar, only because if we lynch Kent/Abra based on Mike/Homestar's claim, and the claim turns out to be false, then we just turn for Mike/Homestar, but in that case we're down an innocent. On the other hand, if the claim turns out to be true, we down the SK. I need some more defense from Kent/Abra because I haven't seen enough.]]

and keep in mind this note from the GM since then.
"There is one thing I wasn't aware of," he said. "Apparently, 'informed' is a role one can get, or a modifier. I hadn't disclosed that on the original letter. Thankfully, I had also left an opening to state that additional roles may be added depending on how many spirits I gathered. So I suppose I didn't truly lie. But by now, it seems quite clear, so I can safely confirm that, yes, vanilla town and mafia all gained a single 'informed' piece of information. Since both mafia and vanilla alike gained this, and it is relatively easy to fabricate such information, I doubt it will be of much use one way or the other for proving innocence.

Why would a mafia member cast suspicion on the idea of all vanillia players having information, since they'd already know that due to their own informed goons? It would be a catastrophic mistake that would only be made worse by trying to make as boldfaced of a lie as "actually, Abra isn't a lover." If there's holes in this logic please tell me but as of right now I'm drawing similar conclusions to Free, I think. I don't think SInd is totally clear, but she's acted less suspicious than Abra, imo. The only thing I keep coming back to there is why Sind didn't say anything as soon as Abra started rolling with the lovers softclaim. I'll admit that feels a bit... off. But it feels no less circumstantial than the what I'm trying to convey here, which imo feels more likely.

Vote: AbraPunk
]]

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
Could be a newbie punt to hint at lover, but I feel like it's so transparently a "DO NOT GET FOUND OUT" role that nobody would make that mistake. But, it does sound like a great cover for scum to hint at lover, since they don't fear night reprisal.
[[I do want to point out one flaw here: Scum should fear night reprisal. Because there's a SK, and a SK has just as much reason to attack a lover as the mafia would. That doesn't necessarily mean they're too worried. Heck, if there's a bulletproof mafia member, Abra could be that member. But whether or not that was the ploy, if Abra is mafia, I don't know.]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[Positing a genuine question. Do we know there's only two lovers?]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[By two I mean only 1 pair, naturally]]

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
[[No, we do not know. But it seems unlikely to me. In addition, lovers can be scum. Nobody seems to have mentioned that yet.]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[Hmmm.

Not convinced thats the case. But Someone is lying, this i believe. But thats a given, isn't it, haha. Anyways Diyem also says that scum/town both have info that can easily be fabricated. Isn't it possible Sind diverted attention to disguise the fact that she's scum/lover/SK? Still uncertain about Bartholomew though, and many others.

I genuinely don't have a strong scum read on abra, they seem like an over-earnest RP player who's just a beginner.]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[Also genuinely wondering if there is somehow 4 lovers, even though thats kind of nuts. Unless one set is town and one set is scum? Would explain why Sind might be fully innocent? and why they seem to think lovers are elsewhere? if abra is telling the truth? or there's just one, abra is still town but important? dunno.]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[ @Sinderella I challenge you with this question. Do you have any indication to believe there's multiple lovers?]]

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
[Town-scum pairs aren't uncommon. Classically, these 'romeo and juliet' players can either win with their faction or by eliminating everyone else (which would require them to play both sides).]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[Hmmm. I feel like... this could be.... one town pair one scum?]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[or two one-ones maybe? But... I have some thoughts but I don't know yet... hm.]]

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
Town-scum pairs aren't uncommon. Classically, these 'romeo and juliet' players can either win with their faction or by eliminating everyone else (which would require them to play both sides).
[[Which is why we can be pretty confidant it's not in play here: We've been told the only alternate win condition is Serial Killer, and tragic lovers have an alt win condition.]]

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
[[I don't think speculating about unusual possibilities we have no actual evidence for is helpful to town. It's sort of like playing chess on a randomiser and hoping it hits on the opponent's weaknesses. It is very likely we have a pair of lovers, and they are more likely to be town/town than town/scum, and scum/scum lovers aren't really a thing apparently. We have no way of knowing any of this for sure, and the further we get away from 'there is a pair of lovers' into 'there's a town/town pair and a town/scum pair' territory, the weaker the ground we're on is. Occam's Razor, people. Keep it simple, silly.]]

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
[[Thanks, Lyn, I'd forgotten about the limit of one win-con per faction, three faction limit rule in play this game. In that case, it seems we very likely have a single town/town lover pair, with a much lower likelihood of two pairs.]]

Top Bottom