• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Water Veil Cove

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
“Maybe I should not have been yelling, but I wanted to be trying it while I was having the chance. Is it strange if I was finding it… to feel good? Like resting my head so the pressure from the helmet is coming off.”
In some sense, she tried to urge this new form to smile. However possible. She wasn't even sure if she figured out where the lips were.

"Yeah," she agreed, hoping Hazel would understand so she didn't have to type it out. "Sometimes it's okay to let it all out. I would know."
“I am sorry you are being stuck like that… but also I am enjoying not being like that for a while. I promise I will not be wasting your discomfort, I will be appreciating things like having a voice and wind on my face. That you for… Even if you were not choosing it, for borrowing your body.”
It was true, this wasn't ideal. She didn't like this feeling of immobility. Taller now, yes, but she could barely move her head. Could barely kick her legs without stumbling. Gods, what if she tried to pirouette right now? That wouldn't end well in the slightest.

Was this how Hazel always felt? Having this damn pressure on the back of her neck all the time? It was already starting to drive her fucking crazy, and she'd only been a Null for a couple minutes at most.

Again, she urged a smile onto this form. "Don't apologize. I guess if I couldn't have found where the missing trainers went, I'm glad my body ended up with you. Enjoy it."

This wasn't permanent. She wouldn't be stuck like this for the rest of the trip. She could hold out while Hazel felt such things that she often took for granted.

Suddenly, her short stature didn't feel like as much of a burden anymore. At least she wasn't walking around with a helmet permanently stuck to her head.

I hope she evolves soon, Odette thought pitifully. This is no fucking way to live.

With a huff, she sat down.

"Have you ever watched anybody dance before?" she asked. "My body dances a lot when I'm in it. I'd appreciate it if you tried to give it a go. I think you would really enjoy it."

"O-oh, right, um... Sorry that you're having trouble with your different vocal chords, Odette..." Hazel said, biting the underside of her lips in thought. Holding her own phone in front of the Null, she said, "Here, try using mine for now. It's got a thick coating on top that had let my claws slide along it more easily without scratching it." Realizing a bit of a problem, she added, "...Though I guess it's a bit on the smaller side, huh? Can't hurt to try, though."
Somebody else was talking to her now, and she immediately went on the defensive thinking it was one of the birds coming back to hit on her human form. But no. It was the human girl who was talking in half old-Galarian. Except, now she wasn't talking in half old-Galarian. And was handing her a new phone?

Oh. So she--Violet, her name was, Odette was pretty sure--swapped with the Weavile Hazel. Hm. Hazel just must be a universal name given to beings with kind and gentle temperaments.

If she ever decided to have a kid one day, maybe she'd name it Hazel. That's be rich.

"That might be very helpful," she said, not caring if she was understood that time around. She tossed her own phone back onto her backpack, which sat neatly in the sand, before taking the new device. It wasn't any bigger than her own phone, but it was true--much easier to type on.

Thanks. I'll try to not to break it.

"̴W̸H̵Y̴ ̵T̷H̸E̶ ̶F̷U̵C̴K̷ ̴D̵O̴ ̷P̷E̴O̷P̸L̴E̵ ̷C̷A̴R̷E̸ ̷S̷O̸ ̴M̷U̷C̴H̷ ̴A̴B̴O̴U̴T̴ ̸A̴B̴O̶U̴T̷ ̸H̴O̸W̸ ̷S̸K̵I̴N̶N̶Y̷ ̵I̷ ̶A̶M̸?̸?̵?̶ ̶'̶Y̵o̴u̴ ̴l̸o̶o̶k̵ ̵l̷i̷k̷e̶ ̴y̴o̸u̵'̶r̷e̷ ̶g̸o̵i̸n̸g̸ ̸t̷o̸ ̶b̸l̸o̶w̶ ̶a̵w̸a̵y̵ ̴i̷n̸ ̷t̶h̶e̷ ̵w̷i̴n̶d̴,̸ ̶M̶i̶k̶r̵ó̷ ̴M̶i̸k̸o̶u̵r̵i̶!̸'̸ ̷'̸Y̸o̸u̴ ̵d̶o̶n̷'̵t̷ ̵e̸a̴t̴ ̵e̷n̴o̸u̵g̷h̷,̵ ̸M̶i̶k̵r̶ó̴ ̴M̴i̴k̵o̶u̶r̸i̷!̶ ̷D̶o̶n̶'̴t̸ ̶y̵o̶u̸ ̴l̷i̴k̶e̶ ̵m̷y̵ ̵c̶o̴o̷k̷i̴n̸g̵?̶'̷ ̵'̷Y̸o̶u̴'̴r̸e̷ ̴s̸o̷ ̷s̷k̵i̸n̵n̸y̶,̸ ̵M̷i̸k̴r̶ó̷ ̸M̵i̴k̵o̴u̴r̴i̵.̷ ̶A̶e̷o̷l̵u̶s̸ ̸a̴n̶d̶ ̵I̴ ̴n̵e̵e̵d̴ ̴t̵o̷ ̷f̷a̸t̸t̸e̷n̸ ̷y̸o̶u̸ ̷u̴p̸.̴'̵ ̷ S̵H̴U̷T̵ ̵U̵P̷ ̷S̴H̷U̶T̸ ̸U̵P̴ ̶S̴H̴U̷T̷ ̵U̸P̷ ̴S̷H̷U̶T̵ ̴U̵P̴ ̴S̸H̸U̵T̷—̶"̴
Odile held up her new arms in a fashion that signaled she was ready to fight. "Rule number one of trying to roast people--don't dish it if you can't take it back, bozo."

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Gen hesitated...then hugged his uncle, finally able to properly wrap his arms around someone for the first time since he lost his human body.

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
Nonetheless, Hazel would make full use of the vocal chords and wonderful height advantage she had now. After giving one more scratch to Weaviolet's cheek — So soft...! — the scientist-turned-teen turned her head to the other Hazel and Odette. "Hazel, you can speak now!" She chirped, happy for her fellow-named counterpart, "Oh my goodness, how are you doing my same-named friend? I've had so many questions I've wanted to ask you but couldn't, and—"
Hazel’s eyes lit up. “You are also Hazel! Hello! I was not talking before when we were seeing each other before. You are also borrowing a human, I am seeing. Is it feeling natural to you? I am thinking that Gladion was right and a piece of my brain is coming from this, it is feeling more easy than I expe-”

"̴W̸H̵Y̴ ̵T̷H̸E̶ ̶F̷U̵C̴K̷ ̴D̵O̴ ̷P̷E̴O̷P̸L̴E̵ ̷C̷A̴R̷E̸ ̷S̷O̸ ̴M̷U̷C̴H̷ ̴A̴B̴O̴U̴T̴ ̸A̴B̴O̶U̴T̷ ̸H̴O̸W̸ ̷S̸K̵I̴N̶N̶Y̷ ̵I̷ ̶A̶M̸?̸?̵?̶ ̶'̶Y̵o̴u̴ ̴l̸o̶o̶k̵ ̵l̷i̷k̷e̶ ̴y̴o̸u̵'̶r̷e̷ ̶g̸o̵i̸n̸g̸ ̸t̷o̸ ̶b̸l̸o̶w̶ ̶a̵w̸a̵y̵ ̴i̷n̸ ̷t̶h̶e̷ ̵w̷i̴n̶d̴,̸ ̶M̶i̶k̶r̵ó̷ ̴M̶i̸k̸o̶u̵r̵i̶!̸'̸ ̷'̸Y̸o̸u̴ ̵d̶o̶n̷'̵t̷ ̵e̸a̴t̴ ̵e̷n̴o̸u̵g̷h̷,̵ ̸M̶i̶k̵r̶ó̴ ̴M̴i̴k̵o̶u̶r̸i̷!̶ ̷D̶o̶n̶'̴t̸ ̶y̵o̶u̸ ̴l̷i̴k̶e̶ ̵m̷y̵ ̵c̶o̴o̷k̷i̴n̸g̵?̶'̷ ̵'̷Y̸o̶u̴'̴r̸e̷ ̴s̸o̷ ̷s̷k̵i̸n̵n̸y̶,̸ ̵M̷i̸k̴r̶ó̷ ̸M̵i̴k̵o̴u̴r̴i̵.̷ ̶A̶e̷o̷l̵u̶s̸ ̸a̴n̶d̶ ̵I̴ ̴n̵e̵e̵d̴ ̴t̵o̷ ̷f̷a̸t̸t̸e̷n̸ ̷y̸o̶u̸ ̷u̴p̸.̴'̵ ̷ S̵H̴U̷T̵ ̵U̵P̷ ̷S̴H̷U̶T̸ ̸U̵P̴ ̶S̴H̴U̷T̷ ̵U̸P̷ ̴S̷H̷U̶T̵ ̴U̵P̴ ̴S̸H̸U̵T̷—̶"̴
Hazel hissed and stagged. She turned to glared at the demonic… Wallace? “Please, you are needing relaxation. You are causing me pain in my head. Please stop doing that.”

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
"Have you ever watched anybody dance before?" she asked. "My body dances a lot when I'm in it. I'd appreciate it if you tried to give it a go. I think you would really enjoy it."
Hazel’s eyes widened. Something about Odette seemed comprehensible. Was this what it was like for Gladion always seemed to be knowing what she was thinking?

“Yes! I am knowing dancing! There’s much Oricorio in my brain and so I have wanted to be trying it before! I was not very good at it for reasons I think you are probably understanding…”

Hazel laughed at her own joke. “Now I am just having to figure out how to be starting.”

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
“Yes! I am knowing dancing! There’s much Oricorio in my brain and so I have wanted to be trying it before! I was not very good at it for reasons I think you are probably understanding…”

Hazel laughed at her own joke. “Now I am just having to figure out how to be starting.”
Thank gods, she seemed to understand. Odette nodded happily, though she kept her movements small to assure the helmet didn't cause additional problems.

"Well, let's start with basics," she said. "You'd want to learn positions. Stand straight and put your heels together. Make sure your toes are fully turned out to the sides, too. Then, hold your arms in kind of an 'O' shape just in front of your stomach--palms up; pretend you're holding a big ball or something--that's first position. From there, if you step your left foot out, keeping your toes turned out, and stretch your arms out to your sides, now with palms down, you've gone to second position. Try that out."

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
"Well, let's start with basics," she said. "You'd want to learn positions. Stand straight and put your heels together. Make sure your toes are fully turned out to the sides, too. Then, hold your arms in kind of an 'O' shape just in front of your stomach--palms up; pretend you're holding a big ball or something--that's first position. From there, if you step your left foot out, keeping your toes turned out, and stretch your arms out to your sides, now with palms down, you've gone to second position. Try that out."
Okay no that was way more information than she’d ever been able to nonverbalky communicate with Gladion. Must be because of Manaphy.

She followed Odette’s instructions, taking up first position. It felt odd to stand with her legs so close, but she managed.

From there, she stepped her left foot out. The movement was more rushed, not as graceful as she would have liked, but she didn’t want to rely on only her other foot for too long. Moving her arms out went more smoothly.

“I think this is feeling familiar to your muscles.”

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
("I'm sorry for my trainer's behaviour.")
“Victoria?” Jack said, tilting his head. “That was your name, right? Uh, you don’t have to apologize. This is something beyond our control.”

“Now I’m wonderin’,” Zack said, looking up in thought. “What would it be like if we switched, Jack-o? Would it be cool? How weird would it be?”

“I doubt it’d be a different experience.” The Farfetch’d shook his head in disbelief. “Besides, if you’d like to be in my shoes for a bit, I can always let you borrow my leek whenever.”

“Nah, I’m good.” The Pidgeotto raised a leg and flexed his talon. “Thanks, though.”

MintyMimix

Otherworldly Dessert
Pronouns
They/Them
Partners
  1. lurantis
  2. noivern-astrea
Hazel gave a smile to Nulldette as she seemed to be able to operate her phone with a level of ease. However, the now-human Hazel tilted her head in confusion at the conversation that was occurring between her counterpart and Odette. She could still understand those growling and chirping noises? Huh... She instinctively reached down where her lab coat's pocket would be only to clutch onto air — realizing she had neither her coat nor her phone anymore. She made a mental note to make a physical note about human and trainer bonds beyond language later. For now...
Hazel’s eyes lit up. “You are also Hazel! Hello! I was not talking before when we were seeing each other before. You are also borrowing a human, I am seeing. Is it feeling natural to you? I am thinking that Gladion was right and a piece of my brain is coming from this, it is feeling more easy than I expe-”
Hazel nodded her head twice at the other Hazel's words. "It does feel very natural, now that you mention it—" She winced, clutching her head at the tail end of her statement. Where did that headache come from? "B-but yes, it seems his hypothesis was correct. Your mind likely has a plethora of neuron pathways that mimic that of a human being's... I imagine for you, it is as simple as changing locations rather than entire locomotions or ways of thinking...."

Her eyes moved to the side as she nervously bit her lip, unsure if she should add the lingering conclusion in the air. Deciding that it was worthwhile to share with her companion, she leaned in whispered, "...I think... I may be in the same situation."

Violet's feathers perked up as her now more sensitive ears picked up on the conversation. Is Hazel also an experiment...? She asked herself, opening her mouth slightly. Is that why she has such intelligence...? Violet let out a soft trill as she hummed in thought. Thankfully, Hazel hadn't picked up on it herself.

She followed Odette’s instructions, taking up first position. It felt odd to stand with her legs so close, but she managed.

From there, she stepped her left foot out. The movement was more rushed, not as graceful as she would have liked, but she didn’t want to rely on only her other foot for too long. Moving her arms out went more smoothly.
"D-dancing...?" Hazel asked, raising her brows in interest, "Is that what Odette has been saying? I would love to see how comfortable such a complicated act feels for you!" She would certainly prepare a report for Gladion and her own records. And secretly, she hoped she could pick up enough on the conversation to follow along. Hazel watched her counterpart carefully, committing the movements she was witnessing to memory as best as she could.

"Oh, dancing?" Violet parroted, shaking herself from her thoughts, "Hazel, I would hath been more than happy to introduce that to you." She paused, and realized that her speech would still not be understood by her. With a sigh, she instead decided to focus on listening in...
("There you go, Wallace.") Victoria patted Wallace's head with a ribbon and their leg with a paw. ("Nice and calm. Nice and calm.")
Oh, what was that melodic voice? Violet craned her neck to the side — at least to the extent that she could while still being held by her old body — before her eyes settled on the blue Sylveon she had met earlier. The pitch felt off, yet the voice was still lovely in cadence. It was likely that the Pokémon had been swapped as well.

More importantly however, Violet realized she could understand the words being said. And yet, for some reason, a part of her told her it was not due to Hazel's body influencing her.

Violet winced as another headache struck. But she could feel it: a memory, just out of reach. The more she tried to remember, the worse it became, but she clutched her claw as she concentrated, and then, a voice echoed in her mind. It said something about a twin...

She let out a gasp as the headache subsided and the memory settled in, permanently remaining in her mind. That was her. That was the blonde-haired girl. And she was tall; she had towered over Violet in much the same way her own body towered over her Weavile form now. That didn't make any sense. She was never a Pokémon before today. And yet, she had been in some other time...? She shook her head. Name. What was her name?

It stayed on her tongue like a sweet drink before it finally escaped her lips aloud, "Lillie..." That was her name, wasn't it? But... she's never met a Lillie. What in the heavens was going on?!

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"I-it's ok, it's ok, it's o-ok..." Gen said, as he continued to hug his uncle tightly. He was trembling...but he was trying.

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
Honestly, he wasn’t sure why he’d bothered to tag along in the first place.

He’d been close enough to catch wind of the plan—that they were all going to come down to the cove and look for this “Manaphy”, which was apparently a mythical Pokémon. Wes had nearly laughed out loud at that. Seriously? A whole group of people was just going to waltz down to the water’s edge and—what? Nicely ask a legendary Pokémon to show itself? Gods, he couldn’t have come up with a more idiotic plan if he’d tried.

So why had he bothered to tag along? Maybe he just needed some entertainment and wanted to watch these people make idiots of themselves. But maybe part of him was actually curious. After all, he recognized Odette and her posse, and that rather articulate kid who has stepped in between him and Noro the day before, and—hell, even Nate had been tagging along. Wes had never pegged any of them as morons, even if he didn’t know them very well. Maybe there was something he wasn’t aware of, an unspoken factor to the whole thing.

His excuse, though, was that he just wanted to take Neo and Novo to the beach to play. Which was certainly believable, since the two of them immediately bounded to the water and stared at it in awe. Novo didn’t hesitate to jump in the waves and splash around with glee, but Neo unexpectedly got his paws wet when a particularly strong wave washed up. He promptly decided to keep his distance and returned to sit next to Wes, but only after yowling at the ocean for its audacity.

Wes remained a fair distance from the group and sat on the sand, close enough to listen but far enough away to avoid interaction. He shook his head as he watched the dark-clothed kid step into the water and call out for Manaphy. Honestly, what was the guy expecting to hap—holy hell.

It had worked. Somehow, it had worked, and a tiny little blue Pokémon emerged from the water. Wes could hear it speak, though he wasn’t sure if he was actually hearing it or if the Pokémon was speaking inside his head, which was…unnerving.

Wes leaned forward, elbows on his knees, and thought about moving closer. Surely having a legendary on their side was good, right? Especially if it was a psychic one? He watched Odette ask the Pokémon about a “heart swap”, whatever the hell that was. And then…then—

Then suddenly he was standing in the water.

Wes blinked and staggered, feeling woozy from the odd floating sensation that had suddenly taken over his senses. He managed to catch himself and closed his eyes until the feeling passed, then opened them again. The hell? Had he just been teleported? But—he at least hadn’t gone far, because Odette was nearby, and—oh gods, Manaphy was right there, and—what was in his face?

He raised a hand to brush what looked like a curtain of bright blond hair out of his vision, then froze. For one thing, his arm…his clothing was different. Instead of his teal coat, he wore long, black sleeves that were smattered with rips and tears. And then, this curtain of yellow hair was hair. And it was attached to his head.

“What is going—?” he froze again. His voice. His voice was different. Not his at all.

Panic rising in his chest, he floundered out of the water, stumbling more than once—was he taller? What was he wearing, why did he feel so different, what was happening—

Yells and varying exclamations started breaking out all around him. In a daze, Wes watched as some began looking at themselves—their hands, their limbs, playing with their own hair—with faces of awe, while others shrieked in confused distress. He remembered what Odette had just said a second earlier—about “heart swap” and “swapping bodies”…

Oh. Oh, gods. No, no, no, this couldn’t be happening, this was not happening, how was this possible, who was he and where was he and—

Neo. Novo. Where. Where were they.

One moment, Novo had been splashing in the waves and having the time of his life. Water was always fun to play in, but this water even moved like it was alive! He’d been making a game out of dodging and rolling with the waves, and had just taken a flying leap over the crest of another one when—

Pompf. He face-planted into the sand. What? How—?

He clambered to his feet and shook the sand from his pelt—only to fall over again. His paws felt too big, his ears too small, his muzzle too long. He whined, but instead of coming out as a trill, it came out in a deep, wavering growl. He looked over himself again and—wrong. Wrong, wrong, wrong. He was…not an Umbreon anymore. He was…a Mightyena?

He attempted a yap of distress, and what came out was a booming bark that startled him so badly he nearly fell over a third time.

Wes. Wes! Where was Wes! His trainer could fix this. He would make it all better. Where was he?

Neo had been getting comfortable in the sun, in the warm sand around him. It was the perfect condition for a nap, so maybe that was why he felt a little dazed when he felt an odd sensation and jolted up. Had he dozed off? Why was he suddenly in the shade, under trees? And why did his tail feel so…different?

He snapped his head around, looking to his trainer for reassurance, and his confusion immediately melted into alarm. Not-Wes was sitting right next to him.

Neo arched his back and snarled. “Briiiii!”

….huh?

@AbraPunk @Shiny Phantump @Negrek

AbraPunk

Cosmic Guardian
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. luxio
Neo had been getting comfortable in the sun, in the warm sand around him. It was the perfect condition for a nap, so maybe that was why he felt a little dazed when he felt an odd sensation and jolted up. Had he dozed off? Why was he suddenly in the shade, under trees? And why did his tail feel so…different?

He snapped his head around, looking to his trainer for reassurance, and his confusion immediately melted into alarm. Not-Wes was sitting right next to him.

Neo arched his back and snarled. “Briiiii!”

….huh?

Nico, unfortunately still in Wes' body, slowly turned his head to stare at the Umbreon that he knew as Merian. Except... something seemed different, he just wasn't sure what.

Alas, I can not communicate, not in this form. It would make things much easier for me, at least.

--

Wes, currently in the body of his Espeon, eventually managed to struggle to his paws.

Huh. This really isn't so different from being a human. I just gotta get used to being short and having four feet.

Looking around, he saw a commotion near where his former body was. It seemed that Merian had also suffered a body swap, as he was yowling at what used to be Wes.

Slowly, and tripping over his own paws several times, Wes made his way over to the Umbreon.

What he meant to say was "What's going on?" before he remembered that he was a pokémon now, not a human.

So instead, what came out of his feline mouth was a low, raspy meow.

--

The actual Merian, however, who was still in the body of the impostor's Espeon, and busy ramming himself into various objects, faintly detected something going on. Ears perked, he snapped his head over to where Wes, his own body, and Nico were. Clearly, someone hostile had inhabited Merian's actual body. This simply would not do.

Quickly, he ran towards the group, weaving around other confused people and pokémon, and tackled whoever was in Merian's body, snarling.

--

Wes watched all of this chaos go down.

He had an idea. A very stupid idea, perhaps, considering the body he was in now, but an idea nonetheless.

He quickly stumbled over to his own human body and awkwardly shoved his head beneath the coat, and rummaged around until he found the sheath holding his backup knife.

Having to pick it up with his mouth, and being careful not to accidentally stab his human body, he withdrew and faced the two wrestling pokémon.

Well, now he had a knife.

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
"...I think... I may be in the same situation."
Hazel made sure not to break her pose as she whispered back. “I was wondering the same.”

“What is going—?” he froze again. His voice. His voice was different. Not his at all.

Panic rising in his chest, he floundered out of the water, stumbling more than once—was he taller? What was he wearing, why did he feel so different, what was happening—

Yells and varying exclamations started breaking out all around him. In a daze, Wes watched as some began looking at themselves—their hands, their limbs, playing with their own hair—with faces of awe, while others shrieked in confused distress. He remembered what Odette had just said a second earlier—about “heart swap” and “swapping bodies”…

Oh. Oh, gods. No, no, no, this couldn’t be happening, this was not happening, how was this possible, who was he and where was he and—
Gladion watched himself- or rather, the man wearing his skin- get up, confused and frightened. Not that he'd expected much better.

What's someone supposed to do in this sort of situation? 'Hey I nicked your body, sucker' was not going to go over well. 'Hey in my defense it wasn't my idea exactly' was unlikely to be any better recieved.

So, he just kind of stood there, stunned, as the person in his body panicked, looking around for an explanation.

They made eye contact. Gladion froze.

Fuck.

Last edited:

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
Quickly, he ran towards the group, weaving around other confused people and pokémon, and tackled whoever was in Merian's body, snarling.
Neo had no time to react before something slammed into his side, driving the breath from his lungs. He staggered back to his paws and whipped around to see…himself.

?!

It…it couldn’t be himself, could it? But what other Espeon had that nick in his ear? What other Espeon smelled exactly like him??

The snarl died in his throat and he could only stare. Neo realized something else was different—he could no longer detect emotion. His senses were absolutely silent.

That frightened him more than anything.

He glanced down at his paws—black paws. Bigger and stockier. Not his paws. And his tail…and his ears…not his, either.

He looked back up at his clone and mewed in fear. Help?
He quickly stumbled over to his own human body and awkwardly shoved his head beneath the coat, and rummaged around until he found the sheath holding his backup knife.

Having to pick it up with his mouth, and being careful not to accidentally stab his human body, he withdrew and faced the two wrestling pokémon.

Well, now he had a knife.
Neo saw someone else approaching—another Espeon. With a knife in his mouth and a glare in his eyes. No, no, no, he didn’t want to fight, not like this, why were they attacking him, why was he in another body, he wanted to get out, get away, go find Wes, where was Wes, where was Novo—

Hazel made sure not to break her pose as she whispered back. “I was wondering the same.”

Gladion watched himself- or rather, the man wearing his skin- get up, confused and frightened. Not that he'd expected much better.

What's someone supposed to do in this sort of situation, go up and say 'Hey I nicked your body, sucker' That was not going to go over well. 'Hey in my defense it wasn't my idea exactly' was unlikely to be any better recieved.

So, he just kind of stood there, stunned, as the person in his body panicked, looking around for an explanation.

They made eye contact. Gladion froze.

Fuck.

Wes’ mind was utterly blank. Chaos fluttered about all around him, and yet everything felt and sounded so far away, like he was trying to listen from underwater.

Slowly, he raised his head and looked around, flexing his fingers and taking stock of his body. …No, not his body. Someone else’s. Being taller and more slender wasn’t a big deal, but…there were quite a few other differences that made it very clear that this was not him.

Either this was one hell of a vivid dream, or…it was real. He certainly hoped for the former, but just in case it was the latter…he needed to find his Pokémon. Find them and…and…do something. He wasn’t sure what. He’d worry about that in a minute.

He tumbled further onto the beach, cursing his clumsiness in this foreign body, hating the way the clothes stuck to his skin and the stupid hair that obscured half his vision—gods, who in their right mind would get a haircut like this? How were you supposed to do anything with half your face behind hair? This person had clearly never been in a fight, despite what the torn clothes were trying to say—

Oh. Torn clothes. A lightbulb went off in Wes’ brain. Right, this was—this was that kid, the one with the strange Pokémon, the one who had planned this. After Wes found his Pokémon, he was going to give that kid hell.

He looked to the beach where he had been sitting. Neo would have been beside him, but—Neo wasn’t there.

He was, though. Himself. Or whoever the hell was in his body.

Despite all the chaos and the panic buzzing in his brain, Wes inwardly groaned. Somehow, this was worse than just looking in a mirror, and gods, he still hated that damn tattoo.

He—himself? …They were staring at him in horror, looking exactly like he felt, like they were staring at someone else in their own body, and suddenly it clicked.

Wes growled and marched right over to him. Whoever it was, though he had a sneaking suspicion. He grabbed them by the collar—his collar, damn, this was bizarre in the worst possible way—and snarled. “You. It was you who planned this, wasn’t it? Fix it. Fix it now. Or else I…”

He…didn’t know how to finish that sentence. He couldn’t exactly do anything, not if he didn’t want to be feeling it once he was switched back.

Gods-dammit.

He decided to hope his scowl looked real damn intimidating on the kid’s face.

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
“You. It was you who planned this, wasn’t it? Fix it. Fix it now. Or else I…”
Gladion took a step back. "I-" He stuttered. It was weird hearing his words in someone else's voice, even if it was an objectively better one than his own. "I didn't plan any fucking rituals. Just knew people were looking for myths and had the misfortune of spotting one. You think I wanted to publicize my body? I'd rather do something more fun, like.. oh, I don't know, eating a fistful of thumbtacks."

He tried to imagine all the thoughts that would be running through the guy's head. Gladion had been desensitized to his body over time. (Or perhaps never entirely sensitized to it in the first place.) He was used to dealing with it. He didn't want to imagine what it felt like to get dropped into it all of a sudden. He was even finding this guy's body weird to adjust to, and it was a normal one.

He crossed his arms and looked away. "Listen, sorry you drew the short straw but hey, at least you can wait for it to wear off."

AbraPunk

Cosmic Guardian
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. luxio
[[ reposting to make a little more chronological sense ]]

HelloYellow17:
Neo had no time to react before something slammed into his side, driving the breath from his lungs. He staggered back to his paws and whipped around to see…himself.

?!

It…it couldn’t be himself, could it? But what other Espeon had that nick in his ear? What other Espeon smelled exactly like him??

The snarl died in his throat and he could only stare. Neo realized something else was different—he could no longer detect emotion. His senses were absolutely silent.

That frightened him more than anything.

He glanced down at his paws—black paws. Bigger and stockier. Not his paws. And his tail…and his ears…not his, either.

He looked back up at his clone and mewed in fear.
Help?

Merian just glared at... well, he supposed in a way he was glaring at himself, but-- that didn't matter right now.

"You." He recoiled at how... how different this voice was. Much more boyish and juvenile than his own. "You're gonna tell me what the hell is going on here!"

It didn't sound nearly as intimidating as it should have.

HelloYellow17:
Wes growled and marched right over to him. Whoever it was, though he had a sneaking suspicion. He grabbed them by the collar—his collar, damn, this was bizarre in the worst possible way—and snarled.

Wes stopped himself before he wound up hurting either of the pokémon. Hostile or not, he could never...

But wait. There was someone he needed to get to. Someone he could hurt.

Twisting around to scan the environment, he found his target.

Gotcha.

With slightly more confidence in this new quadruped body, he stalked over to his prey-- the impostor from the boat.

His target was currently being accosted by another human, but that didn't matter. It would only make things easier.

He pounced on the blue-coated fucker and tried his best to stab him.

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu

“I think this is feeling familiar to your muscles.”
She nodded in approval as she watched Hazette execute the movement.

“I would hope it does,” she said. “I’ve been dancing for a long time. Now try third position. You’re gonna step that right in front of the left now. Just slightly. Toes are going to stay pointed. Then, keep your right arm extended, and curve the left one down again in that similar ‘I’m holding a ball’ position.”

She paused, suddenly becoming sheepish. “I think I’m throwing a lot at you while not being able to show you. Just try those three positions for now, and switching between them.”

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
"You." He recoiled at how... how different this voice was. Much more boyish and juvenile than his own. "You're gonna tell me what the hell is going on here!"
Neo shrunk back, quivering. “Don’t know. Don’t know! Don’t like it! I’m scared!”

He wanted Wes. He wanted Novo. He retreated into himself and crouched to the ground, ears flat and tail tucked, and frantically looked around for them.
Gladion took a step back. "I-" He stuttered. It was weird hearing his words in someone else's voice, even if it was an objectively better one than his own. "I didn't plan any fucking rituals. Just knew people were looking for myths and had the misfortune of spotting one. You think I wanted to publicize my body? I'd rather do something more fun, like.. oh, I don't know, eating a fistful of thumbtacks."

He tried to imagine all the thoughts that would be running through the guy's head. Gladion had been desensitized to his body over time. (Or perhaps never entirely sensitized to it in the first place.) He was used to dealing with it. He didn't want to imagine what it felt like to get dropped into it all of a sudden. He was even finding this guy's body weird to adjust to, and it was a normal one.

He crossed his arms and looked away. "Listen, sorry you drew the short straw but hey, at least you can wait for it to wear off."
Ah. Shit. It wasn’t like he meant to insult the kid or anything. He seemed to be just as distressed as Wes was, but for understandably different reasons. Wes released him with a huff.

“Fine, okay, just—how did this happen. It’s because of that mythical? Then we can just ask it to—no, wait.” Dammit, he’d gotten distracted from his original goal. He looked around, trying to spot Neo and Novo in the process. “You…have you seen an Umbreon or Esp—?”
With slightly more confidence in this new quadruped body, he stalked over to his prey-- the impostor from the boat.

His target was currently being accosted by another human, but that didn't matter. It would only make things easier.

As if on cue, he spotted a blur of lavender fur sprinting towards them, and he felt a rush of relief. Neo! But…no, the way he moved was all wrong, and that glint in his eyes…that wasn’t Neo, that wasn’t Neo, and what was in his mouth—?

He was too slow, too confused to react before the Espeon sprang at himse—at the kid.

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
She nodded in approval as she watched Hazette execute the movement.

“I would hope it does,” she said. “I’ve been dancing for a long time. Now try third position. You’re gonna step that right in front of the left now. Just slightly. Toes are going to stay pointed. Then, keep your right arm extended, and curve the left one down again in that similar ‘I’m holding a ball’ position.”

She paused, suddenly becoming sheepish. “I think I’m throwing a lot at you while not being able to show you. Just try those three positions for now, and switching between them.”
Hazel took the next step. "Even if you are not showing me with your brain, your body is showing me."

She took the steps she'd just made in reverse, moving more hastily this time, then tried to redo them without rushing through all the parts where both feet weren't on the ground. She was nervous being on one foot, but it was manageable- certainly no thanks to her own learned skills.

"This is fun."

Gladion felt his right side flare up in pain. He lost his balance and fell left, and Espeon with a knife on top of him. "Fuck!"

He intuited this 'Espeon' wasn't really who they appeared. Seriously, what kind of psychic attacks by using a knife in their mouth? There had to be at least ten better ways of going about that. If they didn't know how to fight psychically, though, then he had a chance.

Both of his hands shot out to grab the Espeon's throat. That would stop the fucker from freely swinging their head.

"What'd I do to piss you off?"

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
She took the steps she'd just made in reverse, moving more hastily this time, then tried to redo them without rushing through all the parts where both feet weren't on the ground. She was nervous being on one foot, but it was manageable- certainly no thanks to her own learned skills.

"This is fun."
Jack watched Odette’s body move gracefully. “Even with swapped bodies, I gotta be honest, you’re amazing.”

“Think I can dance better than that?” Zack asked with a challenging smirk.

“Keep on dreaming.”

AbraPunk

Cosmic Guardian
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. luxio
Gladion felt his right side flare up in pain. He lost his balance and fell left, and Espeon with a knife on top of him. "Fuck!"

He intuited this 'Espeon' wasn't really who they appeared. Seriously, what kind of psychic attacks by using a knife in their mouth? There had to be at least ten better ways of going about that. If they didn't know how to fight psychically, though, then he had a chance.

Both of his hands shot out to grab the Espeon's throat. That would stop the fucker from freely swinging their head.

"What'd I do to piss you off?"

A massive surge of satisfaction stirred up within him as he noticed the stab wound on the blue-coat's body.

Finally--

Then he got grabbed by the throat and hoisted up like a kitten, which... he supposed he was right now.

Well, he couldn't exactly talk, for multiple reasons, but he figured his body language would get the message across.

He narrowed his eyes and tried to use his Espeon claws to scratch at this motherfucker.

Don't play dumb with me! You know exactly what you did, you son of a bitch, and I'm gonna fucking kill you!

He didn't know whether his backup knife would actually poison this fucker, too... though since it wasn't a real "knife", and was actually just a Nidoking's fang, he supposed there was a chance...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom